PDA

View Full Version : Life ****the OFFICIAL going SOBER for the next 20 days thread****

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Alright. For the next 20 days (June 10 through the 30th) I as well as some other CP members will attempt a feat many think unthinkable...

Give up alcohol entirely for 20 days.

Confirmed participants are Scorpio, Drew, Simply Red (starting at later point of June 18th -- WTF?!)

This thread will be where we'll list our challenges, tactics, triumphs, etc. and hopefully gain some support here as well as to let people who didn't want to do it, see what it's like to abstain. Think of it as a sort of reverse "Supersize me" with alcohol.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT JUDGING PEOPLE. I am not trying to get on a high horse and say "See!" This is more about breaking a routine and trying something different.

So, guys, weigh in, give your stats and let's get this thing rolling....How's day one doing so far?

I'll start.

HANDLE: TinyEvel
HT: 6' 2"
WT: 209 lbs.

DRINK OF CHOICE: Primarily beer at home, also Vodka&soda at clubs/bars. Wine at home when there's no beer. I've had days where I'll run out of beer and start adding whiskey, Tequila or Bacardi to Cokes or 7-ups (whatever's in the house).

FREQUENCY: 6 to 12 drinks at least 5 days a week. (usually 6 if I start in evening, 12 if I start int he afternoon)

BAD HABIT: Picking up some on the way home if it's been a bad day, or if it's been a good day, or if there's something special on TV (i.e. LOST or The Office, etc.) Also, at a party or other function with alcohol: I "do it up right day and night" Usually I'm the jackrabbit, leading everyone & egging them on.

TACTICS: Exercise more, so I am more compelled to keep healthy. Go to bed earlier, NOT BUY ANY. Drink club soda with lime or Diet Coke at parties or BBQ's. Possibly get a non-alcoholic beer, though not put away the volume I would with regular beer.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE? On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say about a 5 or 6. I gave it up for 60 days earlier this year, so I feel pretty strong about this. But I write this in the middle of the day at my desk, I'm not home yet.

So, this thread is for the participants to use as sort of a daily diary, share with the Planet their experiences and get support. Not like this is climbing Everest (or is it?) for anyone.

If anyone else wants to jump on, sign in! Give your stats.

|Zach|
06-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Best of luck man!

|Zach|
06-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow 6-12...5 days a week.

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow 6-12...5 days a week.

Mostly 6. I buy 6 and drink all of them. They go down pretty fast.

12 would be a weekend like all day watching football. That's over a period of about 6 hours or more.

|Zach|
06-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Mostly 6. I buy 6 and drink all of them. They go down pretty fast.

12 would be a weekend like all day watching football. That's over a period of about 6 hours or more.
I think its important to find something else to spend that time usually spent doing the thing you are trying to avoid...anyway, good luck.

Bugeater
06-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I already blew it.

Simplex3
06-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Good luck gents.

bogie
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Good luck to you all. I had too much to drink this week-end and I currently feel like shit. I'm going to try to take the rest of the week off from drinking myself.

scorpio
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
HANDLE: Scorpio
HT: 5'10"
WT: 185 lbs.

DRINK OF CHOICE: Locally brewed beer

FREQUENCY: 6 pack after work 3-5 days per week, probably 6 or so if there is a party during the weekend and almost always a 6 pack on Sunday during football season.

BAD HABIT: Like Tiny, I like to catch a buzz and watch my favorite TV shows like LOST and the Office.

TACTICS: Don't keep it in the house, throw in an extra workout or take a bike ride or something if I get a craving.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE? 5-6 out of 10, there will be a short adjustment period but I predict it will become pretty routine after a week or so.

Good luck, everyone!

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Scorp, sounds like we have similar habits.

I'm riding my bike home from work today (drove in) so, no liquor store stop AND some fitness. Every time I get a craving, I'm going to drink a 20-oz glass of water.

UPDATE: As I type this, one of my buddies from work just walked by my office and I heard him say to someone else, "It's always Corona time somewhere in this agency. You've just gotta find out where they're coming from."

:cuss:

chiefbowe82
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Scorp, sounds like we have similar habits.

I'm riding my bike home from work today (drove in) so, no liquor store stop AND some fitness. Every time I get a craving, I'm going to drink a 20-oz glass of water.

UPDATE: As I type this, one of my buddies from work just walked by my office and I heard him say to someone else, "It's always Corona time somewhere in this agency. You've just gotta find out where they're coming from."

:cuss:
Come on you f*cking pussy, suck it up, I'll f*cking do it with you.
Just what one of my coaches said to a kid in HS who hated running.

teedubya
06-11-2007, 06:38 PM
i have 4 boulevards in my fridge... I got pretty drunk on Friday night, and had a killer hangover. Hangovers are enough for me not to want to drink much.

Fairplay
06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
i have 4 boulevards in my fridge... I got pretty drunk on Friday night, and had a killer hangover. Hangovers are enough for me not to want to drink much.

I have wheat boulevards in mine. I have one a day. Kind of as a treat.

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM

I hear you. A hangover makes me not want to drink until about 6 pm that day.

Rain Man
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Can I play, but with sodas? I don't drink, but I'm addicted to soda. I need to stop. I have to stop.

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Come on you f*cking pussy, suck it up, I'll f*cking do it with you.
Just what one of my coaches said to a kid in HS who hated running.

Not like that had me running to the fridge.

If you mean what you say, sign in. Stats.

JBucc
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Can I play, but with sodas? I don't drink, but I'm addicted to soda. I need to stop. I have to stop.I'm going to join in this little game too. I drink way too much water. I go through two 24 packs a week. It's like my body needs it or something.

Drew
06-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Handle:Drew
HT: 6'3
WT: 265

DRINK OF CHOICE: CDN. RECIPE BUDWEISER(5% ALC. VOL) Primarily drink at home unless I'm at ball in the summer or the rink in the winter. Not big on the bar scene. Also indulge in occasional screwdrivers and lately have been hitting triple white russians but the heavy sugars do a # on my skin. No spirits and no wine.

FREQUENCY: 12 to 15 beer a night at least 5 nights a week. If I get into the russians then its probably 2 triples and 8-9 beer.

BAD HABITS: Where do I start? Worknights I start about 5pm and go 'til about midnight. Then I start cooking. Hot wings, bbq, pasta, or the stomach anchor, pizza. Then its off to bed for 6-7 hours sleep (if I'm lucky) so I can get up, go to work and do it all again. Strangely enough one of the nights I take off is usually on the weekend. I consider myself fairly active but when you put away about 4000-5000 calories in beer and then a big greasy meal before heading straight to bed its tough to lose weight. Real tough. This destructive pattern does avoid hangovers though. I have been the same weight for about 4 years but I'd like to move down.

TACTICS: Nothing special. Water, the odd energy drink when needed and I put all the alcohol in the house out in my shed. The big test will be wed. and thur. when I play ball. Softball sober will be a challenge.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE: Probably a 6-7 on the 10 scale. My wife has been going hard lately also but after initially refusing to partake she has decided to get on board which will make it easier. However she did phone me at work today to inquire about having beer tonight. WTF?! It's day 2 for chrissake.

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
DREW: Dude, really proud of you. If you can bust the lid off this habit, it would be HUGE (and you wouldn't) But this sounds like it's be pretty tough, considering your levels. Not that I'm an expert. My levels are high too, but I'm a big guy.

So, I think the key might be to even put the alcohol off the property.

Though, I'd really recommend you and the missus get out of the house or, if you have kids, do something different. Play a game, talk, watch TV in a different room.

I came home and my wife had a glass of wine in her hand. I resisted to get one myself because I had already decided I wasn't going to.

KEEP IT UP!

BTW: Day 2? Did you drink Sunday? It wuz supposed to start at midnight. So. you might be one day ahead of us,

sedated
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
HANDLE: sedated
HT: 6' 2"
WT: 175 lbs.

DRINK OF CHOICE: Whiskey/Coke, Vodka/Tonic, Vodka/RedBull, cheap beer (cause they go down faster), JagerBombs, CarBombs

FREQUENCY: 7-15, 5 or 6 days a week. (but it's hard to judge when you mix them yourself, are we going by "bar" drinks"?)

BAD HABIT: going across the street to the bar right after work, letting my friends talk me into drinking after I told myself I wouldn't that day, staying up until sunrise, calling all the hot chicks in my phone at 4am and making a jackass of myself.

TACTICS: huh?

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE? oh, this is for people trying to stop? f*ck all that, I'm too old to not be enjoying youth.

The Franchise
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Is a carbomb....an Irish Carbomb?

Bugeater
06-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Handle:Drew
HT: 6'3
WT: 265

DRINK OF CHOICE: CDN. RECIPE BUDWEISER(5% ALC. VOL) Primarily drink at home unless I'm at ball in the summer or the rink in the winter. Not big on the bar scene. Also indulge in occasional screwdrivers and lately have been hitting triple white russians but the heavy sugars do a # on my skin. No spirits and no wine.

FREQUENCY: 12 to 15 beer a night at least 5 nights a week. If I get into the russians then its probably 2 triples and 8-9 beer.

BAD HABITS: Where do I start? Worknights I start about 5pm and go 'til about midnight. Then I start cooking. Hot wings, bbq, pasta, or the stomach anchor, pizza. Then its off to bed for 6-7 hours sleep (if I'm lucky) so I can get up, go to work and do it all again. Strangely enough one of the nights I take off is usually on the weekend. I consider myself fairly active but when you put away about 4000-5000 calories in beer and then a big greasy meal before heading straight to bed its tough to lose weight. Real tough. This destructive pattern does avoid hangovers though. I have been the same weight for about 4 years but I'd like to move down.

TACTICS: Nothing special. Water, the odd energy drink when needed and I put all the alcohol in the house out in my shed. The big test will be wed. and thur. when I play ball. Softball sober will be a challenge.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE: Probably a 6-7 on the 10 scale. My wife has been going hard lately also but after initially refusing to partake she has decided to get on board which will make it easier. However she did phone me at work today to inquire about having beer tonight. WTF?! It's day 2 for chrissake.
I thought you said Canadian beer was more potent than our "yankee swill". That's the same alcohol content we have here, eh.

Logical
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Good luck TinyE,

But honestly if 20 days is a big deal, you may have a bigger problem than you think.

Drew
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Yes day 2. I thought we were starting on sunday. Oh, well. Thanks for the encouraging words and I wish all who participte the best and I can't wait until the weekend when were all shaking and convulsing as we curse Tiny Evel's name for getting us into this mess.

Drew
06-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I thought you said Canadian beer was more potent than our "yankee swill". That's the same alcohol content we have here, eh.
I believe it is higher than the beer served in most states which I think is 3.2%. Your EH is a fine stereotype there bugaha. Very original.

Bugeater
06-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I believe it is higher than the beer served in most states which I think is 3.2%. Your EH is a fine stereotype there bugaha. Very original.
Hey hoser, I'm just trying to speak to you in your own language. The only place I've ran into 3.2 beer is in grocery stores in Colorado. You can still get 5.0 beer there though, you just have to go to a liquor store to get it. 3.2 is uncommon, at least in the midwest.

Logical
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM

Actually 5% is standard pretty much everywhere in the US. Exceptions are Kansas and a few other states that sell 3.2% because they allow sales to 18 year olds.

Drew
06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey hoser, I'm just trying to speak to you in your own language. The only place I've ran into 3.2 beer is in grocery stores in Colorado. You can still get 5.0 beer there though, you just have to go to a liquor store to get it. 3.2 is uncommon, at least in the midwest.
Is it not 3.2 in oklahoma? I understand your point. Perhaps I shouldn't comment on something that I don't have full knowledge of but every time I visit your fine country I can't seem to get drunk on the regularly available beer. At least your brew doesn't cost $21 for a 12-pack like it does here.

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Good luck TinyE,

But honestly if 20 days is a big deal, you may have a bigger problem than you think.

No, I went 60 days no problem earlier this year. By 20 days, I'm just trying to make it easier for others to give it a shot, and finish before 4th of July. Maybe even some of us will want to make it longer at that point.

Logical
06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
No, I went 60 days no problem earlier this year. By 20 days, I'm just trying to make it easier for others to give it a shot, and finish before 4th of July. Maybe even some of us will want to make it longer at that point.:thumb:

chiefbowe82
06-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Not like that had me running to the fridge.

If you mean what you say, sign in. Stats.
I don't drink

Demonpenz
06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
i am going for a six pack wed thursday then friday probably 10 till i pass out. I will hit this again when i probably have a family right now nothing else to do.

teedubya
06-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Now I have 3 Boulevard Wheats in my fridge.

One is more than enough for me.

Buehler445
06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I have a suggestion for you guys. If you are pretty regular, during this 20 days, figure out how much money you would spend on alcohol that day and put it in a jar or a savings account or something. After you sucessfully complete your 20 days (I'm optomistic you will) buy something nice for yourself.

This will serve 2 purposes. First, you will be able to physically see your progress in terms of something we can understand ($$$ :) ), and second if you buy yourself something nice, it can be a lasting reminder of your accomplishment, and may further motivate you do it for longer periods of time.

Just a thought from the peanuts section.

Splat420
06-12-2007, 07:33 AM
I have a suggestion for you guys. If you are pretty regular, during this 20 days, figure out how much money you would spend on alcohol that day and put it in a jar or a savings account or something. After you sucessfully complete your 20 days (I'm optomistic you will) buy something nice for yourself.

This will serve 2 purposes. First, you will be able to physically see your progress in terms of something we can understand ($$$ :) ), and second if you buy yourself something nice, it can be a lasting reminder of your accomplishment, and may further motivate you do it for longer periods of time.

Nice post and I agree 100% I was going to say I hope they go longer then 20 days but would have said it a much weaker way nice job good luck guys.

chasedude
06-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Take it one day at a time gents

sedated
06-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Kansas and a few other states that sell 3.2% because they allow sales to 18 year olds.

I don't think so. I've lived in KS my whole life and never once heard we could buy beer before 21.

they do sell 3.2 in grocery stores and convenience stores though. I'm not sure the reason, except that KS laws are stupid

TinyEvel
06-12-2007, 09:16 AM

Yeah, I was going to suggest that, too, but without the "accumulating jar" That's a great plus. I think this is great for people who have wives joining in, that could also be money to "get out of the house" and do something other than wait for the beer to crawl out of the fridge into your hand.

TinyEvel
06-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Two days almost done. Feeling pretty great. Though, it's 7 pm and I just got off a frustrating conference call with AND IDIOT.

And then I reviewed a bunch of ideas for TGI Friday's bar promotions. Tempting, though, pretty easily able to refuse a cold one. We'll see how it goes this weekend when I'm working the grill.

Mr. Plow
06-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Keep it up!

Mr. Kotter
06-12-2007, 08:34 PM
THIS has to rank as one of the most stupid threads EVER in the history of the Planet...:shake:

It's damn Communism, I tell you. Friggin' sober Communists taking over the fuggin' world, man. :banghead:

:deevee:

Rain Man
06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm going to join in this little game too. I drink way too much water. I go through two 24 packs a week. It's like my body needs it or something.

Water withdrawal is the hardest withdrawal at all. A lot of people die during it.

I'm going to participate on this with my sodas, but I'm starting today since I forgot about it and had three sodas today.

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't think so. I've lived in KS my whole life and never once heard we could buy beer before 21.

they do sell 3.2 in grocery stores and convenience stores though. I'm not sure the reason, except that KS laws are stupid

I'm quite a bit older than you (41) and yes, we could buy beer at age 18 until 1987. IIRC, the Feds stopped funding of Federal roads if the drinking age wasn't raised to 21, so Kansas was forced to raise the age or get cut off. Fortunately for me, it was Grandfathered in and the state didn't take away the right to buy beer if you were already of drinking age.

Since the age was 18, most of the guys I knew were all buying beer at age 15 or 16 because in "those days", people didn't card nearly as much. Those were fun, fun days...

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
It's easier to give up soda if you replace it with beer.

As for the folks who say shitty cheap yellow American beer goes down faster... I think you're insane. The girlfriend likes Rock Green Light... due to some poor planning on my part, the only beer in my fridge right now was two of those. So, I cracked one open. Lord this shit is horrible. I would swallow a lovely stout much easier than choking down this swill. Thankfully, I'll be dumping near half of it on the pork on the grill outside.

Have you tried the Low Carb Rolling Rock? I'd rather drink Weidemann's than that crap.

Frazod
06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Heh. I've actually been pretty crocked twice this week - once in Reno and earlier this evening at after-work drinks. Haven't done that in well over a decade.

Frazod has rediscovered the fact that he likes the big ass green margaritas. :)

cdcox
06-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Should be able to save enough to buy three weeks worth of booze.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-12-2007, 11:08 PM
I usually go on two-three benders a year: Thanksgiving break, Christmas Break, and the end of May. Other than that, I don't really drink at all....I turn into Carl Weathers too easily.

Drew
06-13-2007, 12:49 AM
I think it's been awhile since Jim was in KS... or under 21... so he's probably thinking of the way things used to be. Which very well could've been before you were born.

Further... I believe 3.2 beer is measured in alcohol by weight, rather than by volume.. so it's actually not that far off from the "normal" recipe. Course, if you're drinking Budweiser, you deserve what you get anyway.

As for the expensive beer in Canada... what's $21 in Canuck bucks? Like $6 in real money?

actually the CDN. dollar is a over 90 cents in relation to your almighty yet death spiralling U.S. dollar. if I go to the bank to buy 100 us it costs me about 1.10cdn. 60+something cents to the us dollar was a looooooong time ago friend. we are still america jr. and always will be but our economy may be in better shape than yours.

TinyEvel
06-13-2007, 07:45 AM
I spent a few weeks in Vancouver in 1999. That was during the .60 to 1 days, but most stuff was more expensive, so it was almost a wash.

i.e. a CD was about 20 or 21 CDN which was about 13 dollars. In the US CD's were 14. So, it's not like the whole country was a half-off sale.

Though, in the strip clubs, tipping WAS like a half-off sale. In more ways than one :)

BTW, Drew, how's it going, you're actually on day 4, right?

sedated
06-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I discovered tonite that I have the ability to finish an 5th of Crown, on a weeknight, like it was sugar-free lemonade.

(no judging please, mainly because I could give a rat's ass what any of you tards think. and I also have a broken hand, and cannot enjoy my usual substances, so I'll be an alcoholic for the current difficult times.)

Phobia
06-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I was doing great until tonight. I deserved a couple beers after a long day at work after which I cam home and mowed the lawn.... in the dark. Heh.

I had 3 Blvd Pales. I may have another.

Demonpenz
06-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I drank alittle bit at the royals game. Then went out bar and got pretty hammered. I a giant rum and coke yesterday and split a 25 dollar cab ride home with my buddy. I was trying to cut down but I am focusing more on having fun now. I can cut down when I am old and married.

Bob Dole
06-13-2007, 10:40 PM
In the spirit of this thread, Bob Dole just went 20 minutes without a drink.

TinyEvel
06-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Day 3 comes to an end.
I woke up on my own at 5:30 this morning. Wide awake. So I got up and took care of some emailing. I went in to work early and went for an hour bike ride. Had pretty good energy all day. This evening was a major test. Went to the school for a 90-minute recital. THen went to California Pizza kitchen with family and another mom/kid. Three six-year olds going berzerk with two moms throwing back wine. I held my own with the iced teas, even stopped myself at two LOL. Good thing I'm focused, because unrestricted I surely would have tossed back at least 3 brewskis, then picked up a 6-er or at least a couple of 24 ouncers.

Feeling good. Going to go on a 2-hour bike ride in the morning, if I wake up at 5 again. Work off that whole pizza I ate.

Drew
06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
I spent a few weeks in Vancouver in 1999. That was during the .60 to 1 days, but most stuff was more expensive, so it was almost a wash.

i.e. a CD was about 20 or 21 CDN which was about 13 dollars. In the US CD's were 14. So, it's not like the whole country was a half-off sale.

Though, in the strip clubs, tipping WAS like a half-off sale. In more ways than one :)

BTW, Drew, how's it going, you're actually on day 4, right?

Yes day 4 . home from a dry softball game . didnt suck as much as I thought it might but our defense was abysmal and heavy drinking would have numbed the
somewhat unpleasant results. There is some bad news though. when I came home from work today there was beer in the fridge. its not in there anymore. the mrs. lasted 3 freaking days. now thats support! I guess will power took a detour from her. oh well I wont sweat it. the scale says Ive already dropped 5 pounds. lets keep it goin Evel.

TinyEvel
06-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Yes day 4 . home from a dry softball game . didnt suck as much as I thought it might but our defense was abysmal and heavy drinking would have numbed the
somewhat unpleasant results. There is some bad news though. when I came home from work today there was beer in the fridge. its not in there anymore. the mrs. lasted 3 freaking days. now thats support! I guess will power took a detour from her. oh well I wont sweat it. the scale says Ive already dropped 5 pounds. lets keep it goin Evel.

Dude, that's awesome! I announced a basketball game dry and did better than previously!

5 lbs! How many kilos is that (lol)? Hey, at least your wife went three days, but I bet if you stick to it, she'll hopefully curb it a bit. Get the money jar going and maybe entice her back onto the wagon. Either way, don;t make it too big a deal. Hopefully she still supports you in spirit.

I lost 3 Lbs. Mainly bloat weight. But last time I stopped drinking, I lost an honest 10 lbs the first month, without changing any diet or exercize. With your intake levels, you might even drop 20.

Keep it up, dude, I'm glad I have someone else going through it, to keep focused with. Hopefully Scorp's still going strong. You're 1 day ahead of us, too.

scorpio
06-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Still going strong, just staying busy. Honestly it hasn't been very hard, but I think that's largely because I've been super busy preparing for my sister's wedding this weekend.

Congrats on the weight loss, both of you. I haven't really noticed my scale weight move much, I've been eating like crap all week, but have definitely gotten rid of some extra water I've been carrying.

Simply Red
06-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Dude, that's awesome! I announced a basketball game dry and did better than previously!

5 lbs! How many kilos is that (lol)? Hey, at least your wife went three days, but I bet if you stick to it, she'll hopefully curb it a bit. Get the money jar going and maybe entice her back onto the wagon. Either way, don;t make it too big a deal. Hopefully she still supports you in spirit.

I lost 3 Lbs. Mainly bloat weight. But last time I stopped drinking, I lost an honest 10 lbs the first month, without changing any diet or exercize. With your intake levels, you might even drop 20.

Keep it up, dude, I'm glad I have someone else going through it, to keep focused with. Hopefully Scorp's still going strong. You're 1 day ahead of us, too.
You never replied to my PM snapperhead. :)

Simply Red
06-14-2007, 08:37 AM
An eighth? I think you're mixing up your weed and alcohol measurements again.

I remember the day I discovered I could drink a fifth of whiskey in one night. That was somewhat of an eye opening experience.

And why the hell should a broken hand stop you from smoking? Players play hurt.
ROFL

Frazod
06-14-2007, 08:57 AM
I remember the day I discovered I could drink a fifth of whiskey in one night. That was somewhat of an eye opening experience.

I have an aunt who is a now recovered, but formerly raging alcoholic. She claims that she would drink a fifth of whiskey AND a case of beer EVERY night, for YEARS. When she dies, we're going to bury her liver on Mount Olympus.

Sounds like you've got some catching up to do. :)

TinyEvel
06-15-2007, 11:53 AM
I have an aunt who is a now recovered, but formerly raging alcoholic. She claims that she would drink a fifth of whiskey AND a case of beer EVERY night, for YEARS. When she dies, we're going to bury her liver on Mount Olympus.

Sounds like you've got some catching up to do. :)

WTF? Her liver must be like swiss cheese. How can someone drink that much? Tolerance I guess. Just the way someone else could do two grams of coke in an evening.

Evel Knievel had his liver replaced in 1998. I was trying t oget a hold of the hospital to let me have it. What an awesome collectible that would have been! In my display case right between the EK walkie-talkies and the wind-up jump cycle.

Day 5...looking good. This is not going to be a problem. Though, I'm planning on going more than 20 days now. But my buddy's wedding, rehearsal dinner and bachelor party are all the first week of July. I might just power through it all.

Scorp, you've got a wedding this weekend, right? Be strong.

TinyEvel
06-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Day 5 comes to an end and I just squeaked by.

This was the most difficult day so far, even more tough than any of the 60 that I lasted in January/February, as far as I can remember.

First off, the weather has been perfect. Sunny and not too hot. Perfect drinking weather. I drove home and Friday nights are the worst. It took me over an hour to drive the 15 miles home through surface streets.

I was 10 minutes from home and the wife calls "did you get my message?'

"No."

"We want to come down there and go to Shakey's."

"Well, I'm almost there"

"We'll all go in one car"

So, that means, now I have to go BACK OUT into the slow-assed traffic to go to Shakey's. After I was just spent an hour telling myself how I just want to get home, put on some shorts and chill. :cuss:

Shakey's has several beers on tap. I was in a really crappy mood. I wanted some SO badly. I knew it would make me mellow. My wife even suggested I have one.

I even convinced myself I could just have two and continue to act like I never had any, keep the thread going, etc. Nobody would know.

But I held strong. I ate something and mellowed on my own.

Why go through this angst? It's just a beer. Jeezus!

Not the point.

I proved to myself that I don't HAVE TO have one. It was fine. I'm fine. I'm building examples for myself for the future when my head will try to convince me that I need it. I can look back at this afternoon and say, "No I don't."

shrek6849
06-16-2007, 12:29 AM
I support those who are taking this leap in thread, and although I've only read one page, I am drunk as **** right now. (Took a cab home)

Mr. Plow
06-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Keep it up to all those that are going through this or have tried to go through it. I know that it wouldn't hurt me to do it, but I just don't think I can right now. I'm here for support.

Good job of powering through it TinyEvel. Keep it up.

Buehler445
06-16-2007, 08:13 AM

This was the most difficult day so far, even more tough than any of the 60 that I lasted in January/February, as far as I can remember.

First off, the weather has been perfect. Sunny and not too hot. Perfect drinking weather. I drove home and Friday nights are the worst. It took me over an hour to drive the 15 miles home through surface streets.

"No."

"Well, I'm almost there"

So, that means, now I have to go BACK OUT into the slow-assed traffic to go to Shakey's. After I was just spent an hour telling myself how I just want to get home, put on some shorts and chill. :cuss:

Shakey's has several beers on tap. I was in a really crappy mood. I wanted some SO badly. I knew it would make me mellow. My wife even suggested I have one.

I even convinced myself I could just have two and continue to act like I never had any, keep the thread going, etc. Nobody would know.

Not the point.

I proved to myself that I don't HAVE TO have one. It was fine. I'm fine. I'm building examples for myself for the future when my head will try to convince me that I need it. I can look back at this afternoon and say, "No I don't."

Bad deal bud. Everybody has days like that. The best thing I have found for that situation is eat something terrible for you (makes me feel better:)) and go home and relax, getting some lovin' from the girl. The girl always calms me down.

Demonpenz
06-16-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't know how old you are but i am 26 and i went out drinking because it was 100 degrees out yesterday and I had to beat my dick like it owes me money

Halfcan
06-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Best of luck in your quest- YOU CAN DO IT!

chagrin
06-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey guys - I had my last drink, a week ago tonight, so I guess I join you by default?

Whoo-hoo, lets' go! Actually I am pleasantly surprised by how much extra money I have had the last 7 days :)

Phobia
06-16-2007, 01:53 PM

I hope they had Sierra Nevada on tap.

Rain Man
06-16-2007, 02:16 PM

Did you use any of the lines that I offered up?

TinyEvel
06-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Well, I've made it a week. There were some rough days, but overall, I feel great about it. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't drink, and in hindsight my occasions were no worse nor more boring, etc. In fact they were better than if I had been drinking (maybe with the exception of Friday night at Shakey's).

I've noticed that I am ready to go to bed around 10 pm, and I wake up rarin' to go around 5:30 am.

Looking back, I speculated how much I would have had to drink over the past 7 days. Here's what I figured, based on my recent consumption levels:

Monday: Wouldn't have drank
Tuesday: There were some Coronas in the office. I'd have had 2
Wednesday: Would have had three Sam Adams at Dinner.
Thursday: It was sunny and nice, so I probably would have picked up a 6-er and drank them all during cooking/dinner/ChiefsPlanet.
Friday: Would have had 4 (pints, = 5 drinks) at Shakey's.
Saturday: I rode cruisers down the beach, would have had 3 pints at beach cafe. Dinner with dad, would have had 2
Sunday: All day BBQ with family. Would have had probably 8, finishing the last of them while here on the computer.

So here's what I WOULD have had:

30 beers

est. cost: $80

Calories: 4,200

To burn 4200 calories, based on my weight (200 lbs) I would have to
jog 5 1/2 hours, or
ride a bike 3 1/2 hours, or
walk for 10 hours.

A lighter person would have to exercise longer, a heavier person, less, to burn the same calories.

So, that gives you a pretty good idea of what I'm saving here. $80 a week (though, this would have probably been a heavier than typical week -- drinking and going out occasions were 4 times, probably a bit higher than average, and driving up the est. cost of drinks) but nonetheless I'd say I'm EASILY saving $200 a month and probably 3600 calories a week.

PBJ

Scorp, Drew...you guys have updates? And Simply Red and Chagrin, are you guys joining, really?

--TE

TinyEvel
06-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Where's Scorp and Drew?

Simply Red, are you joining up?

I'm stressed today and I just raided the vending machine. Baby Ruth, pretzels and two Diet cokes. Still, not as bad as a 6-pack. One day at a time, folks.

Drew
06-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Day 9

sober and unhappy. well no not really. so far its going well. been going to the rec center for light workouts , saunas and steams. monday nights used to be a night to hit it hard for me (you know, first day back in the work week). the weekends aren't a problem as i'm running my kid around to baseball and errands and all the other crap. but weeknights are a little tougher.

the wife has had 2 nights drinking in the 9 days and one wasn't even here so all-in-all I would have to say she's been pretty supportive. and tonight she has made ribs so a nice dinner helps keep the mind off of what I could be doing.

I think the toughest adjustment has been walking the dog. I usually fill my pockets with beer before we go out for our night walk.

started 265lb- current 257lb. drinking more water than usual which is a good thing.

keep it going!

TinyEvel
06-18-2007, 08:21 PM
KEEP IT UP DREW!

Great going. Dude, you're losing a pound per day. Pretty damn great! I hear you about walking the dog. Maybe grab a can of O'Douls and see how that goes. OR bring a canteen of water.

I just got home and was all pissed from traffic and work, and my neighbor building a house addition right up against my back yard. My wife talked me down. A couple of nights I was really jonesing for some. I simply drank a huge glass of water and went to bed. I know, that doesn;t sound like the rockstar lifestyle, but it beats staying up until midnight then waking up with a hangover. I had a pain in my abdomen at the bottom of my ribcage onthe left/front side.

That pain has gone away completely. I just realized it today.

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!

TinyEvel
06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
HALF-Way through this 20-day thing. THough, I'm thinking more and more like I might extend it a bit. Though there's a bachelor party on July 3rd and a wedding on july 7th.

So far I've lost 3Lbs in 10 days, and I am barely snoring any more. I used to snore relaly bad, almost all the time.

Anyone else? C'mon, don't tell me this thread has lost its burst.

cdcox
06-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Okay, I'll admit I'm on my third dry day, but I have no ambitions of stretching it to 20 days. I normally have a few drinks in the evening. Every once in a while I find my drink total inching up higher than I'd really like it to go. So I have to do something intentional to scale it back. Also, I've been wanting to drop about 10 lbs around my gut and skipping my daily booze saves at least 500 calories per day. I'll probably imbibe a bit over the weekend, or again when the urge strikes. But for now I'm three days dry, and I blame this stinking thread.

TinyEvel
06-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Okay, I'll admit I'm on my third dry day, but I have no ambitions of stretching it to 20 days. I normally have a few drinks in the evening. Every once in a while I find my drink total inching up higher than I'd really like it to go. So I have to do something intentional to scale it back. Also, I've been wanting to drop about 10 lbs around my gut and skipping my daily booze saves at least 500 calories per day. I'll probably imbibe a bit over the weekend, or again when the urge strikes. But for now I'm three days dry, and I blame this stinking thread.

Welcome, bruthah! I've had plenty of "restriction" tactics over the years. For me, personally, the total abstinence with goal for said period of time" works the best. Well, good going. Strength to you, sir.

Tomorrow will be a tough test for me: Air travel. I'm flying an out-and-back to Dallas for a client meeting. I usually have one at DFW if the meeting goes well. And three if the meeting goes poorly. Diet Coke, here i come!

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM

"No."

"Well, I'm almost there"

Not the point.

Active starting today.

scorpio
06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Still going fine, had a glass of champagne at my sister's wedding reception, but it was pretty much unavoidable and I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Simply Sober checking in!

Where do I need to put my Bags?

This is my first day. My biggest fear is that on my 21st day I'll not start back.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 06:12 PM

Fantastic I'm glad you've decided to do this as well.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 06:12 PM
i got drunk as shit yesterday 7 dollars all you can drink watched the royals game. Ordered a taxi which in st joe is 8 dollars all the time. Drunk txted a bunch of people. Always fun when you wake up next morning and go oh shit i just txted my old english teacher. crap!

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
i got drunk as shit yesterday 7 dollars all you can drink watched the royals game. Ordered a taxi which in st joe is 8 dollars all the time. Drunk txted a bunch of people. Always fun when you wake up next morning and go oh shit i just txted my old english teacher. crap!
Is this a cry for help?

I dare you to join us and honestly do it.

Bob Dole
06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Bob Dole didn't drink anything last Friday.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Is this a cry for help?

I dare you to join us and honestly do it.

**** that I am 26 and have money. I am going to party it up before the wife, kids, and morgage come and I am stuck on a friday holding a purse.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Bob Dole didn't drink anything last Friday.
I need a break.

chagrin
06-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Anyone else? C'mon, don't tell me this thread has lost its burst.

Don't know if I chimed in yet or not, but Sunday will mark day 15 for me; last alcohol for me was on June 9th. I obviously feel like I have more energy and feel more "clear".

Bob Dole
06-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I need a break.

Bob Dole probably isn't adding anything productive to the conversation.

You all are doing great.

L.A. Chieffan
06-21-2007, 06:48 PM
crap, I just spilled my beer. oh well off to the fridge for anther one..

cdcox
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Looks like I'll stay dry today (day 4), but I am planning on tipping a few tomorrow night. This is in keeping with my initial plan of cutting back, without abstaining completely abstaining for weeks at a time.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Looks like I'll stay dry today (day 4), but I am planning on tipping a few tomorrow night. This is in keeping with my initial plan of cutting back, without abstaining completely abstaining for weeks at a time.

Your choice. I'm going full-monty.

Stewie
06-21-2007, 07:21 PM
20 days? OK, I've had nothing to drink today, but I'm traveling. I drank Maker's Mark yesterday and then had a couple ales with pizza.

BTW all you Arizona Chiefs fans. Barro's pizza kicks ass. We had a couple of the Barro's Specials last night and you'd have thought everyone in our group had been eating bread and water for a week.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 07:28 PM
20 days? OK, I've had nothing to drink today, but I'm traveling. I drank Maker's Mark yesterday and then had a couple ales with pizza.

BTW all you Arizona Chiefs fans. Barro's pizza kicks ass. We had a couple of the Barro's Specials last night and you'd have thought everyone in our group had been eating bread and water for a week.

Stewie, Are you in? We definately need more participants.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Kiss my pimpin' ass.

Dammit. Beat me. I pulled that back after I thought about it.

luv
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I've been sober since Sunday.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I've been sober since Sunday.
nice.

luv
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
nice.
I don't remember Saturday night, though.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Hence your quitting on Sunday?

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 07:44 PM

? Well?

Frazod
06-21-2007, 07:48 PM

You finally showed us your nipples. :)

luv
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
You finally showed us your nipples. :)
Funny, I thought I was at the lake. I hope I didn't drive myself home ad back.

Must not have been to impressive. You're the first to comment on them. WHat did you think?

Frazod
06-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Funny, I thought I was at the lake. I hope I didn't drive myself home ad back.

Must not have been to impressive. You're the first to comment on them. WHat did you think?

Nice piercings.

luv
06-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Nice piercings.
Thanks.

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 12:17 AM
WTF is going on here?!!

My sobriety thread is getting hijacked by Luv's (purportedly pierced, flashed) nipples?

First off, if you're gonna do that... this thread is worthless without pics! There, I said it.

Now, I am quite impressed with the fact that we're gaining some momentum.
Though, I'm torn with the level of Priest Holmes-like "I'm in , no, I'm out, no, I'm in for a couple days" stuff. I want to welcome anyone who wnats to cut down, as long as it doesn;t make a matter of convenience. Like, "Well, I was hot today, so I had a few, but I don't think I'll have any tomorrow. We'll see."

I don't think that's going to work. But then, I welcome the attempt at restraint.

Stewie
06-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Oh God. Barro's is f*cking horrible. Do they just not have pizza where you're from?

Well, you're the odd man out with the locals that took us there. There were two of us from KC and the rest were Arizonans, mostly from ASU Polytechnic. The place was packed for being horrible.

Stewie
06-22-2007, 12:33 AM
? Well?

It's 1:30 on Friday morning and my plane landed about 1-1/2 hours ago, so that's why I didn't respond. I don't usually drink that much, but I do go out for food/drinks on Fridays. Going without drinking for 20 days isn't a big deal for me, so I'm in.

Sam Hall
06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
I hadn't had a drink in months until tonight.

luv
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
It's 1:30 on Friday morning and my plane landed about 1-1/2 hours ago, so that's why I didn't respond. I don't usually drink that much, but I do go out for food/drinks on Fridays. Going without drinking for 20 days isn't a big deal for me, so I'm in.
Isn't it past your bedtime?

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 12:37 AM
MY REGULAR DAY 11 ENTRY:

A really weird thing happened to me this afternoon, which makes me wonder if I’m going through some kind of alcohol withdrawal psychosis…

I was on one of my regular out-and-back in one day trips from L.A. to Dallas for a client meeting.

This is usually when I drink a lot. After the meeting, I would drink at DFW, then on the plane. I am fortunate enough to be at a level where my company flies me first class. I bring this up because the alcohol is free and it’s flowing. I’ve had some flight attendants look at me quizzically as I coyly ask for my fifth cocktail.

I usually drink diet coke with Bacardi so the caffeine keeps me awake while I type stuff under the influence of the Bacardi and whatever the iPod is dealing me in “shuffle” mode. Today I just ordered “Diet Coke.” Later, when the petite, wig-wearing flight attendant brought me my refill, I lifted it up to my nose and froze. It smelled like it had the Bacardi in it. “She must have mixed up my drink with someone else’s?” I thought.

Then I sipped it, knowing that I could ruin my 20 days abstinence streak by doing so, but I figured I was probably wrong: that it had no alcohol in it -- and if it did, a sip would just be a happy accident. After the sip, I still wasn’t sure. I suddenly got this anxious feeling to guzzle the whole thing before I noticed whether it did or did not have any Bacardi in it. As if to destroy the evidence before anyone noticed. Like there was an invisible cop who’s been following me for the past eleven days, waiting for me to fall of the wagon so he could put me in “sober jail.”

I sniffed. “I think there IS alcohol in there, but it’s really weak.”
Another sip.
“No, just Diet Coke…well…wait….(another sip, bigger this time) Hmmm…

I was really getting freaked out, like when Bob Hope sees a mirage in Road To Cairo and dives into the sand, thinking it’s a lagoon with beautiful women. I started to wonder it the flight attendant in the Cleopatra wig was slipping me something because she wanted to get me drunk and unbutton my pants when I passed out. Wishful thinking. But I was really going crazy like that cartoon where the fat guy and skinny guy are on a desert island and the fat guy looks at slim and sees a hot dog, and Slim sees Fat Guy as a hamburger.

I was really tripping, then sort of snapped out of it. I downed the rest and shook it off. But I did have water for the rest of the flight.

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Welcome Stewie!

Weigh in. Stats? (see thread header entry for example)

Stewie
06-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Isn't it past your bedtime?

I'm still on Arizona time, so I'm not tired yet. Tiny Evel wants me to write a thesis on my drinking habits. I'm not sure I'll stay awake long enough to do that.

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Tiny Evel wants me to write a thesis on my drinking habits. I'm not sure I'll stay awake long enough to do that.

Don't be a half-asser. Herm would really be disappointed in you. :P

you can do it tomorrow. It just helps us get some perspective on other people's similar (or different) situations, and what is possible to overcome. If even for a temporary time.

You DO realize the 4th of July is within the next 20 days.

Stewie
06-22-2007, 12:51 AM
HANDLE: Stewie
HT: 6' 4"
WT: 235 lbs.

DRINK OF CHOICE: Maker's Mark. Occasionally beer or wine, but wine usually gives me a headache

FREQUENCY: 1 to 3 drinks at least 5 days a week.

BAD HABIT: Drinking too much when traveling for business. When work is done it's always to a restaurant for several drinks and unhealthy food.

TACTICS: Don't keep liquor in the house. Drink more water. Get back on the elliptical trainer.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE? On a scale of 1 to 10... if 1 is easy and 10 is hard, I'd say 3.

Stewie
06-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Don't be a half-asser. Herm would really be disappointed in you. :P

you can do it tomorrow. It just helps us get some perspective on other people's similar (or different) situations, and what is possible to overcome. If even for a temporary time.

You DO realize the 4th of July is within the next 20 days.

I'll be fly fishing in Colorado over the 4th, so that's not a problem. Actually, if I make it to June 30th the rest of the 20 days will be a breeze since it will be spent in the mountains without any booze.

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 12:57 AM
You have a gut? a spare tire? Probably not?

Stewie
06-22-2007, 01:01 AM
You have a gut? a spare tire? Probably not?

I'm 41, so yes a bit of a gut and love handles. I don't know too many 40+ guys who don't have one or the other unless they work out like crazy.

Simply Red
06-22-2007, 07:33 AM
HANDLE: Simply Red
HT: 6' 1"
WT: 220 lbs.

DRINK OF CHOICE: Usually Beer at home, Wine at home when there's no beer.

FREQUENCY: 3 to 5 drinks at least 5 days a week. (usually 6 if I start in evening, 12 if I start in the afternoon)

BAD HABIT: Consistent drinker.

TACTICS: Pure Self Discipline. Just doing it. Ohh and watching porn.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE? On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say about a 5 or 6.

Toward the end of my run will be the biggest challenge. At my step-daughters wedding.

**I'm not joining this parade and backing out.**

StcChief
06-22-2007, 08:11 AM
That's great, more for the rest of the drinkers.

Wilson
06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
HANDLE: Stewie
HT: 6' 4"
WT: 235 lbs.

DRINK OF CHOICE: Maker's Mark. Occasionally beer or wine, but wine usually gives me a headache

FREQUENCY: 1 to 3 drinks at least 5 days a week.

BAD HABIT: Drinking too much when traveling for business. When work is done it's always to a restaurant for several drinks and unhealthy food.

TACTICS: Don't keep liquor in the house. Drink more water. Get back on the elliptical trainer.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE? On a scale of 1 to 10... if 1 is easy and 10 is hard, I'd say 3.

How is having sex with an epileptic trainer going to help you?

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Whooot! Our little experiment is growing.

POSTER........................START DATE
Drew................................June 9
TinyEvel, Scorp, Chagrin......June 10
CDcox...............................June 18 (though only on a 4 day plan. WTF?)
Stewie, Simply Red.............June 21

Right on! Plus, my wife just joined in. We'll see how long that lasts.

Simply Red
06-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Whooot! Our little experiment is growing.

POSTER........................START DATE
Drew................................June 9
TinyEvel, Scorp, Chagrin......June 10
CDcox...............................June 18 (though only on a 4 day plan. WTF?)
Stewie, Simply Red.............June 21

Right on! Plus, my wife just joined in. We'll see how long that lasts.

Please do this correctly. Have you been drinking or something or did you just simply forget CP trademarked word(s) assembly? See below:

w00t!
n00b.

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 10:01 AM
F*ck y00.

:p

Simply Red
06-22-2007, 10:03 AM
F*ck y00.

:p

Man I've got to tell you. I feel better. Much better than most days. This may have to be a quarterly thing.

w00t!

Redrum_69
06-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Good luck with that, lush

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Man I've got to tell you. I feel better. Much better than most days. This may have to be a quarterly thing.

w00t!

Seriously? After only one day? wow. Wait until a week or more. In the mornings, I kind of get this energetic high, almost like I am buzzed. The first time I woke up in a hotel room on business without a hangover was an eye-opener.

Stewie
06-22-2007, 11:58 AM
McDonald's does a lot of business, too.

So what pizza places do you recommend that are in the Mesa area? I've spent alot of time in that area in the past year and I've been to the New York pizza place (not sure of the name off the top of my head but it had New York in the name) and Rosata's I think is the name. I thought Barro's was better than those. The national chain pizza joints don't count because I'm not a fan of any of those. I thought the Barro's crust was great. It's very similar to Minsky's here in KC.

luv
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
So what pizza places do you recommend that are in the Mesa area? I've spent alot of time in that area in the past year and I've been to the New York pizza place (not sure of the name off the top of my head but it had New York in the name) and Rosata's I think is the name. I thought Barro's was better than those. The national chain pizza joints don't count because I'm not a fan of any of those. I thought the Barro's crust was great. It's very similar to Minsky's here in KC.
You sure do seem to eat a lot of pizza.

Simply Red
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm not sure. But I hear they have lots of hookers there.

As a side-note: Any pizza that delivers will/would satisfy them.

Stewie
06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
You sure do seem to eat a lot of pizza.

I've probably eaten pizza at a restaurant 10 times in the last year... 6 or 7 in the Mesa area while traveling and the Minsky's by my house the other times. I've spent a total of about 12-14 weeks in Mesa in the past year and there are only so many places to eat in that god-forsaken area.

Inspector
06-22-2007, 01:49 PM
I heard if you start doing crack it will reduce your craving for booze.

Just trying to be helpful.

Simply Red
06-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Emm, Minute Maid Orangeade Light.

TinyEvel
06-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Where's my peeps? Drew, haven't heard from you in a while. Still going strong? Scorp? Chagrin?

Well, here's me after two weeks:

Two weeks down, and I'm entering the home stretch...I just went through three days of perhaps the biggest challenge yet: Camping at the beach, and a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

Friday we went on a camping trip at McGrath State Beach in Oxnard. Ironically, this is where I was for the two nights before I started this non-drinking spree, and I drank a case of beer there over two days. That was with another dad and our kids. This time it was wtih the wife/kids, which made it easier. Plus, she was on a self-imposed abstinence, so we didn't even bring any alcohol.

This was my first time camping without any alcohol in about 15 years. Ecpecially tough because it was at the beach. Still, it wan't bad. Actually, it felt good to wake up in a tent not having to get up three times over the night to piss in the bushes, and no headache in the morning.

The tougher part was Sunday night. We went to a show at the Hollywood Bowl. Everyone goes early to picnic and you can bring wine/beer to have in your seats or in the picnic area. We brought a bottle of wine for the wife and I was enjoying Diet Coke.

The show was the KCRW (the local indie station) world fest. Originally, it was supposed to be Jurassic 5, but the bill got switched to DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist. These are two scratch DJ's with a video screen. The opening acts were a reggae band and a Latin singer.
Needless to say, I was really jonesing for something to ease me into this show. It didn't help that everyone around me seemd to be under the influence of something. I was almost getting a contact high from all the pot smoke wafting through the air.

Still, I had a great time, and was able to drive home through all the traffic and traffic cops without one ounce of worry that I had been drinking earlier.

I'm pretty sure I would have had a SLIGHTLY better time, had I drank my share of that bottle of wine we brought, but now I know I can go to a show or go camping and still have a good time without being drunk.

This week should be a breeze, but it may be a challenge to go past the 20 days, as next week I have:
July 3: bachelor party
July 4: Hollywood Bowl fireworks
July 6: rehearsal dinner
July 7: my buddy's wedding

If I can be sober for two of those nights, and keep the drinking nights to 3 or less, I'll be cool. That's the point of the abstinence: hopefully when I decide to have a drink, I won't go at it like a hyena on a yak carcass.

crazycoffey
06-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't know how you guys can afford, NOT to drink beer.

With the price of milk.......

Simply Red
06-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Where's my peeps? Drew, haven't heard from you in a while. Still going strong? Scorp? Chagrin?

Well, here's me after two weeks:

Two weeks down, and I'm entering the home stretch...I just went through three days of perhaps the biggest challenge yet: Camping at the beach, and a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

Friday we went on a camping trip at McGrath State Beach in Oxnard. Ironically, this is where I was for the two nights before I started this non-drinking spree, and I drank a case of beer there over two days. That was with another dad and our kids. This time it was wtih the wife/kids, which made it easier. Plus, she was on a self-imposed abstinence, so we didn't even bring any alcohol.

This was my first time camping without any alcohol in about 15 years. Ecpecially tough because it was at the beach. Still, it wan't bad. Actually, it felt good to wake up in a tent not having to get up three times over the night to piss in the bushes, and no headache in the morning.

The tougher part was Sunday night. We went to a show at the Hollywood Bowl. Everyone goes early to picnic and you can bring wine/beer to have in your seats or in the picnic area. We brought a bottle of wine for the wife and I was enjoying Diet Coke.

The show was the KCRW (the local indie station) world fest. Originally, it was supposed to be Jurassic 5, but the bill got switched to DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist. These are two scratch DJ's with a video screen. The opening acts were a reggae band and a Latin singer.
Needless to say, I was really jonesing for something to ease me into this show. It didn't help that everyone around me seemd to be under the influence of something. I was almost getting a contact high from all the pot smoke wafting through the air.

Still, I had a great time, and was able to drive home through all the traffic and traffic cops without one ounce of worry that I had been drinking earlier.

I'm pretty sure I would have had a SLIGHTLY better time, had I drank my share of that bottle of wine we brought, but now I know I can go to a show or go camping and still have a good time without being drunk.

This week should be a breeze, but it may be a challenge to go past the 20 days, as next week I have:
July 3: bachelor party
July 4: Hollywood Bowl fireworks
July 6: rehearsal dinner
July 7: my buddy's wedding

If I can be sober for two of those nights, and keep the drinking nights to 3 or less, I'll be cool. That's the point of the abstinence: hopefully when I decide to have a drink, I won't go at it like a hyena on a yak carcass.

here.

Simply Red
06-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Checking in. Day #6 no alcohol.

Been drinking all of those exciting sparkling waters. What else I've found is good believe it or not is a lot of these flavored Tonics. Even simple sparkling water. I've felt very good. Great idea Tiny. I encourage everybody to do it every-now-and-again. Yes, even you Endelt. We all need our breaks.

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Drinking ghey Lemonade light. Feeling much better. Again, my biggest challenge will be 07/07/07 due to My step-daughter's wedding.

KurtCobain
06-27-2007, 08:33 AM
I understand this is a anti drinking thread, but I gotta stop smoking pot for employment reasons. I plan to do this for atleast 30 days(if not longer). So, good luck to me.

ps - I'm willing to quit drinking beer for a day and a half. That's good restraint, right?

StcChief
06-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Joemamma... good luck you'll need at least 30 days.
Hope they don't do a hair test.

The O'Fallon 5 Day IPA was good last nite.....

not trying to knock anyone off their wagon. :p

KurtCobain
06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Joemamma... good luck you'll need at least 30 days.
Hope they don't do a hair test.

I openly admitted that I would fail a drug test if I took one on the 21st, and I was told if I would like to keep my job for the long run I need to pass a piss test thirty days from that date. I've quit a few times before, and it usually gets out of my system in about three weeks(I'm rather skinny and have little fat for THC to stick to). However, it's more of a problem now that the majority of people I'm around smoke weed as well, mainly for medical reasons. So the temptation is there, I just have to fight it in already stressful times.

TinyEvel
06-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Good luck on the weed abstinence. All mind-altering substances (including alcohol tobacco) are tough to quit.

Congrats to you, Simply Red. The7/7/07 thing is a tough one. I, too am going to a wedding, though it is past the 20 days self-impose limit, I am going to try to extend.

I'll be honest with you guys, the evenings are the toughest part. Sometimes it gets boring, Chiefs Planet is not as amusing, I post less. Even internet porn can't hold my attention for more than a few minutes. BUT...the upside rocks. First off, I have a LOT more energy. And without getting into TMI territory, the wife and I are enjoying "relations" much more frequently. Like several times a week. This is a ten-year high.
The mornings are epic. I woke up this morning without an alarm at 5:45 am. I got out of bed and went for a one-hour bike ride. Saw the sun rise over the hills, and almost ran over a coyote riding 30 mph down Mulholland Drive. I was looking ahead and saw a dog dart into the lane. Then I noticed it was actually a coyote. He did the two-step a few times, hesitant to cross, and I slowed, then I thought "will he bite?" but he looked prettt scared. I rode past and he crossed.

I would have never been on that ride and never seen that if I were drinking. I'll trade that (plus the sex) over a hazy bored-buzz any day of the week.

Nzoner
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I haven't had a drink since last Thursday

Damn,I'll be glad when fireworks season is over :)

sedated
06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I gotta stop smoking pot for employment reasons.

why do people torture themselves for employment tests?

just buy some clean piss from a friend (or whoever) and sneak it in.

its not for the gov't, they don't watch you.

(just make sure you keep it warm)

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Nzoner,

How is that business? Is that fairly profitable? Do you own any land? If so, I'd recommend selling Christmas trees as well. One of my old customers dedicated a month outta the year to that business and made 75k or something astronomical like that amount.

Just selling trees!

KurtCobain
06-27-2007, 10:44 AM
why do people torture themselves for employment tests?

just buy some clean piss from a friend (or whoever) and sneak it in.

its not for the gov't, they don't watch you.

(just make sure you keep it warm)

An excellent idea, but I don't know anybody with clean piss that would do it. And I have a friend who recently tried it and busted a pill bottle full of piss in his pants in the parking lot. Nasty shit. LMAO

sedated
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
An excellent idea, but I don't know anybody with clean piss that would do it. And I recently tried it and busted a pill bottle full of piss in his pants in the parking lot. Nasty shit. LMAO

that guys a dumbass. a pill bottle won't keep it warm enough. gotta use a flask or something wrapped in duct tape, then wrap in heating pad.

but getting the piss is the toughest part

KurtCobain
06-27-2007, 10:53 AM
that guys a dumbass.

you don't even know.

Yeah, but I try it that way I'd have to find a whizinater again because my job does private tests and I'm watched. I dunno, I'm thinking it would be something to be proud of to quit. It'd help my health too.

sedated
06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
my job does private tests and I'm watched.

that sucks. f*cking fascists

KurtCobain
06-27-2007, 11:00 AM
that sucks. f*cking fascists

They don't want anyone high around dangerous machinery apparently. I don't get it though.

TinyEvel
06-27-2007, 02:06 PM
you don't even know.

Yeah, but I try it that way I'd have to find a whizinater again because my job does private tests and I'm watched. I dunno, I'm thinking it would be something to be proud of to quit. It'd help my health too.

That's it right there! It's tough, but if you keep busy and try new things, you'd be surprised!

Give it a shot. I was like a zombie, in a rut before I stopped. I never knew all that I had been missing. Sounds like sunshine enema, but it's the truth.

Donger
06-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Good luck on the weed abstinence. All mind-altering substances (including alcohol tobacco) are tough to quit.

Congrats to you, Simply Red. The7/7/07 thing is a tough one. I, too am going to a wedding, though it is past the 20 days self-impose limit, I am going to try to extend.

I'll be honest with you guys, the evenings are the toughest part. Sometimes it gets boring, Chiefs Planet is not as amusing, I post less. Even internet porn can't hold my attention for more than a few minutes. BUT...the upside rocks. First off, I have a LOT more energy. And without getting into TMI territory, the wife and I are enjoying "relations" much more frequently. Like several times a week. This is a ten-year high.
The mornings are epic. I woke up this morning without an alarm at 5:45 am. I got out of bed and went for a one-hour bike ride. Saw the sun rise over the hills, and almost ran over a coyote riding 30 mph down Mulholland Drive. I was looking ahead and saw a dog dart into the lane. Then I noticed it was actually a coyote. He did the two-step a few times, hesitant to cross, and I slowed, then I thought "will he bite?" but he looked prettt scared. I rode past and he crossed.

I would have never been on that ride and never seen that if I were drinking. I'll trade that (plus the sex) over a hazy bored-buzz any day of the week.

Road bike?

TinyEvel
06-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Road bike?

Yeah, I just got a Cannondale Six-13 back in February. I had a Tommassini for like 15 years.

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I just got a Cannondale Six-13 back in February. I had a Tommassini for like 15 years.
Oh Yeah?

I used to have a P.K. Ripper Bitch!

Donger
06-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Nice. I just got a new Bianchi a few weeks ago after riding my old one for about ten years. Beautiful machine.

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I currently have a Schwinn mountain bike.

THAT'S RIGHT!

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM

I'd have to have a drink after spending that much money on a mountain bike.

Donger
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Especially when it shows up and it's a road bike.

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Especially when it shows up and it's a road bike.
Dang it. Didn't know.

Donger
06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
My new baby...

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 03:58 PM
My new baby...

WTF? No pedals?

Simply Red
06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
My new baby...

"nice" [/Patrick Bateman]

Donger
06-27-2007, 04:00 PM
WTF? No pedals?

No.

TinyEvel
06-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Nice. I just got a new Bianchi a few weeks ago after riding my old one for about ten years. Beautiful machine.

Very nice. Those are good bikes. At the risk of hijacking my own thread, you might like this vid...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAOHhV1EFe4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAOHhV1EFe4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Donger
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Very nice. Those are good bikes. At the risk of hijacking my own thread, you might like this vid...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAOHhV1EFe4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAOHhV1EFe4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ROFL

TinyEvel
06-27-2007, 04:08 PM

LOL, Yeah, it was ON SALE for $2400. But after 15 years, I figured I was due. I went in to buy a $1200 Pinarello, but rode several others (including a SUHWEET Orbea full carbon) and this Cannondale flat-out rocked. It's more comfortable out of the saddle. I did the Solvang Century on it after only having it a week.

Ironically, I had stopped drinking for 100 days when I bought it. I figured the savings not drinking and the health aspect tipped the wife to approve the cash outlay.

TinyEvel
06-28-2007, 05:51 PM
DANG! Only two days left to go and THERE'S A KEG AT THE OFFICE!

Everyone just got this email:

We’re all awesome. We all work our asses off. We all live in a beautiful place.

There’s a keg on ice on the patio on the North side of the building. I know you’re all busy – but if you can spare the time and you have the desire - come on down, crack a cold’ie with your co-workers and blow off a little summer steam...

Why??? We say, why the hell not...

- Laura, Michael and Jeff

must....be....strong....two...more...days....

:deevee:

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Dang it! I'm hanging in there. That email just made me want a glass of wine. But I plan on hanging tough with my seltzer water.

TinyEvel
06-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Dang it! I'm hanging in there. That email just made me want a glass of wine. But I plan on hanging tough with my seltzer water.

Keep it up! You're almost half-way there.

I wonder what happened to Scorp or Drew?

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Keep it up! You're almost half-way there.

I wonder what happened to Scorp or Drew?

Look at your timing. Immaculate!

Hopping off that Wagon on Saturday. WOW.

I believe my day of welcoming back drinking falls on like a Tuesday.

chagrin
06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
I still am going for another 2 weeks after Sunday, maybe I will update the thread after that.

Good job guys :)

TinyEvel
06-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Look at your timing. Immaculate!

Hopping off that Wagon on Saturday. WOW.

I believe my day of welcoming back drinking falls on like a Tuesday.

Actually, It's midnight Saturday, but I'm going to stretch it to at least Tuesday night: bachelor party. That will be pretty hard to resist, but then I'm going to try to do the wedding dry on Saturday the 7th.

I don't want to have all this focus for 20 days and then just go back to the habits I listed in the thread header.

I can actually see most of my abs now.

Simply Red
06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Actually, It's midnight Saturday, but I'm going to stretch it to at least Tuesday night: bachelor party. That will be pretty hard to resist, but then I'm going to try to do the wedding dry on Saturday the 7th.

I don't want to have all this focus for 20 days and then just go back to the habits I listed in the thread header.

I can actually see most of my abs now.

I am determined to stay strong during her wedding on the 7th as well.

BTW, Check your PM when you get in to work.

-SR

TinyEvel
07-01-2007, 12:02 PM
well, I never thought it would come to an end like this, but ina VERY uneventful occasion, I had some beer. Five to be exact. Coronas lef tover from a school party that my wife still had in the ice chest when she brought it home.

To make up for it I went on a 50-mile bike ride today. I am wiped out. Taking a nap now.

But I learned a lot over the 19 and a half days. Now If I can try to keep it in moderation that would be great. There are a few guys on here still doing the dry thing (Keep it up, Simply Red) and we're even talking about doing it again on August 5th.

teedubya
07-01-2007, 01:32 PM
19.5 days, then you drink? you had 1/2 a day to go, then you drink? wow. Close, but no cigar.

Simply Red
07-01-2007, 03:11 PM
well, I never thought it would come to an end like this, but ina VERY uneventful occasion, I had some beer. Five to be exact. Coronas lef tover from a school party that my wife still had in the ice chest when she brought it home.

To make up for it I went on a 50-mile bike ride today. I am wiped out. Taking a nap now.

But I learned a lot over the 19 and a half days. Now If I can try to keep it in moderation that would be great. There are a few guys on here still doing the dry thing (Keep it up, Simply Red) and we're even talking about doing it again on August 5th.

Day Eleven! The ultimate challenge will transpire on 07/07/07 in a wedding. But I think I can.

Simply Red
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Next Stop, Delancey Street!

Holy Crap! How I'd just love a crisp glass O Chardonnay. Dammit.
First true craving tonight.

Logical
07-03-2007, 09:15 PM

But I learned a lot over the 19 and a half days. Now If I can try to keep it in moderation that would be great. There are a few guys on here still doing the dry thing (Keep it up, Simply Red) and we're even talking about doing it again on August 5th.Sorry you failed, nice try but dude to come so close and fail?

Simply Red
07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry you failed, nice try but dude to come so close and fail?
In all fairness to TE. It is really tough to completely quit, if you are used to having one to two in the evening.

I think not getting drunk for 20 days would've flew a bit better for most of us.

TinyEvel
07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Wow, quite a set of heckles for hanging it up a half-day early. I can see your point. But for some reason, waiting until midnight, or the next day didn't seem so significant any more. I had passed the critical milestones: camping, stressful dinner out, keg at the office, etc. Yeah, it's not in my character to bail out early like that. I had just suddenly looked at it a different way that afternoon. The real challenge will be to avoid going back to the old habits now that the restriction is lifted. I'm about 50-50 so far.

Smed1065
07-04-2007, 01:05 AM
5 beers and you was that wound?

chagrin
07-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Okay, well I officially went 37 days, so last night I went out with some people from work and drank something like 10 drafts, I am miserable still at 9pm. I just can't hang anymore :(

TinyEvel
07-08-2007, 11:34 AM
ME too. Further proof that alcohol is the debeel. In only a week of resuming drinking, I am bloated, cannot stay awake during the day, and have a sinus infection/cold.
Back on the wagon very soon for me. It's not worth it. Somethimes you have to fall off the bicycle to remind yourself why you ride. Or something like that.

Simply Red
07-08-2007, 12:19 PM
ME too. Further proof that alcohol is the debeel. In only a week of resuming drinking, I am bloated, cannot stay awake during the day, and have a sinus infection/cold.
Back on the wagon very soon for me. It's not worth it. Somethimes you have to fall off the bicycle to remind yourself why you ride. Or something like that.

:) ROFL

kstater
01-01-2009, 08:20 AM
New Year's resolution is the month of January. Who's with me for Jan. 1-Jan. 31?

kstater
01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
HANDLE: kstater
HT: 5'10"
WT: 150 lbs.

DRINK OF CHOICE: Gin, vodka

FREQUENCY: 1-2 heavy drinks/night
BAD HABIT: Pouring a drink w/o thinking about it.

TACTICS: Lock up liqour cabinent, give key to trusted friend who won't give it back.

HOW HARD WILL THIS BE? 6 out of 10

Hammock Parties
01-01-2009, 08:34 AM
I usually drink diet coke with Bacardi so the caffeine keeps me awake while I type stuff under the influence of the Bacardi and whatever the iPod is dealing me in “shuffle” mode.

You're my hero.

kstater
01-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Bump for the lushes getting out of bed about now.

kstater
01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Anyone want to suck it up and give it a try?

Bugeater
01-01-2009, 06:52 PM
it's not looking good, what a bunch of pathetic drunks. (that includes me)

Bob Dole
01-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Anyone want to suck it up and give it a try?

Not really. But thanks for asking. :)

kstater
01-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Not really. But thanks for asking. :)

Damn, I had money on you being the first to sign up. :D

Bob Dole
01-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Damn, I had money on you being the first to sign up. :D

Sorry. Just opened beer 2 for today.

StcChief
01-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry. Just opened beer 2 for today.
nothing like hair of the dog....

TinyEvel
01-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm in, kstater.

It's actually my new years resolution to go 100 days or more. My last 100 day plan lasted about 60 days. With the weight loss thing, I' hoping to be more focused

ziggysocki
01-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Ill get in too... actually had nothing last night. First NYE in a looooooooooong time that I actually remember from beginning to end, and clearly as well.

TinyEvel
01-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Ill get in too... actually had nothing last night. First NYE in a looooooooooong time that I actually remember from beginning to end, and clearly as well.

Nice.

What led the decision to abstain last night?

ziggysocki
01-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Nice.

What led the decision to abstain last night?

When people started asking what I was going to be doing on NYE about a week ago or so, I got to thinking it has probably been about 15 years since I did something other than getting wasted on NYE. Decided to be different. Had a hell of a great day too. I'm going for 100 days as well.

Also I have been running a bunch in an effort to complete my first marathon in March, so it only makes sense...

TinyEvel
01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
wow. great plan. GOOD LUCK!

I signed up to do a century (100 mile bike ride) March 14th. I find that having an athletic event planned really helps push me.

alanm
01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Been 11 yrs and 7 months for me. Only on a hot summer day after mowing do I thirst mightily for a cold beer. Other than that life seems so much simpler now. ;)

kstater
01-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Good to have you two on board. Night one wasn't that bad. I've gone a day without drinking before. But it was nice to wake up not as groggy this morning.

ziggysocki
01-02-2009, 09:26 AM
wow. great plan. GOOD LUCK!

I signed up to do a century (100 mile bike ride) March 14th. I find that having an athletic event planned really helps push me.

I bought my first road bike last summer and got hooked almost instantly. I did a sprint triathlon in august and a sprint duathlon in October. Was gonna do a century on Labor day but hadnt logged enough miles to be very confident that I could do a full 100 (farthest I have done is probably 50 or so at one time), so I ran in my hometown 5k instead (2nd place overall- 1st in my age and 1st men's group). Where is your century at in March? I am gonna do the Olathe Marathon on March 28 http://www.olathemarathon.com/sports/marathon/default.asp . Working off this training program for novice marathoners... http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/novices.html I am at week 7 and have a 12 miler to do tomorrow morning. So not drinking should REALLY help.

BigRedChief
01-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Been there done that in my 20's. There wasn't a drug or drink I didn't abuse.

I've been drunk twice in 16 years. I do some jagger shots and drink a few beers at Chief games but thats about it these days.

Getting drunk on a regular basis is escapism from the reality of your life.

sedated
01-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Getting drunk on a regular basis is escapism from the reality of your life.

and what's so great about the reality of normal life?

kstater
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
As part of my plan, I plan on finding some sort of exercise every night. Rougly about the time I usually make a drink in the evening. Tonight, went out on a jog. Jogged about 3/4 of a mile. Yeah, it's not a lot, but for someone that hasn't done any type of exercise for several years and smokes too many ciggarrettes a day, it was enough. It wasn't that bad, and was sure to warm up and cool down. Hope to increase the distance as time goes on.

KC Jones
01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Going out to dinner w/ friends and no kids tonight. Wish me willpower.

kstater
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Good luck.

Skip Towne
01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
What is the point of this?

JOhn
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Been 11 yrs and 7 months for me. Only on a hot summer day after mowing do I thirst mightily for a cold beer. Other than that life seems so much simpler now. ;)

Going on 1 year without....

And I agree, things are much simpler now.

kstater
01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Going on 1 year without....

And I agree, things are much simpler now.

Congratulations.