PDA

View Full Version : Purses, a question to ponder...

PastorMikH
06-14-2007, 07:21 AM
My wife bought a new purse last week and left the discarded one beside the bed. I was sitting on the bed when I noticed the purse and began to ponder.

Scenario, I'm wearing swim trunks and ask her if she can stick my billfold in her purse she says there really isn't any room that her purse is really full (it really is too). When I mention that she could dump some of the stuff to make room she tells me that there isn't anything that she can get rid of that she needs everything in the purse.

Ok, as I sit there on the bed I realize that she's been carrying a new purse for several days and this purse is still full of crap. That was a week ago, I just checked and the purse is still there full of crap. Then I got to thinking, every purse she used to carry still has crap in it (she once found $10 going through an old purse).

Why do women think they need all the junk in their purses when it is quite evident that they can live without it and not even miss it?

Pushead2
06-14-2007, 07:23 AM
That's why I love my girlfriend. She has a wallet :) Unless we go out then she has makeup.

KC Jones
06-14-2007, 07:26 AM
That's why I love my girlfriend. She has a wallet :) Unless we go out then she has makeup.

Strong basis for a relationship there, it's clear this one is going the distance.

Simplex3
06-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Women are nucking futs.

Thread closed.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Women are nucking futs.

Thread closed.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Buehler445
06-14-2007, 07:33 AM

Mine too! I latched on to her like a leach.

My mom, though, has the library at Alexandria in her purse. I think to some of them that are very busy it allows them to eliminate some of the planning necessary to go out (e.g. grab makeup, make sure you have the checkbook etc.). Others I think are so self-conscious about their looks that they pack a cosmetics store, and hair salon into their purse so they can be sure to look good all the time.

Simply Red
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
My wife is polar opposite. She once threw away the cordless phone. She's accidentely threw out a gift card once as well, trying to hurry up and throw out all of the wrapping paper at Christmas (oops.. I meant to say The Holidays) Christmas is a bad word anymore.

Pushead2
06-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Strong basis for a relationship there, it's clear this one is going the distance.

:)

StcChief
06-14-2007, 10:54 AM
They keep 'em full so you can't use them to store your stuff.... they wear out from weight/wear and tear....

excuse to buy an new one to repeat the cycle....

really dumb.

TinyEvel
06-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Umm, you'd better check again. You might actually be going out with a long haired goth dude.

Bugeater
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Mine too! I latched on to her like a leach.

My mom, though, has the library at Alexandria in her purse. I think to some of them that are very busy it allows them to eliminate some of the planning necessary to go out (e.g. grab makeup, make sure you have the checkbook etc.). Others I think are so self-conscious about their looks that they pack a cosmetics store, and hair salon into their purse so they can be sure to look good all the time.
I dated a psycho hosebeast one time that did that. She had a duffel bag of a purse complete with a hair dryer, curling iron, you name it. Among other things, it also had at least $80.00 in loose change in it at all times. One of my friends dumped it out in the middle of the floor at a party one time, it took her like 20 minutes to repack the thing. She was pissed.

luv
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Wallet, pills, mp3 player, work badge, pen, gum, keys, and phone. Occasionally, compact, eyeliner and lipstick, if I'm wearing makeup that day (which isn't often).

go bo
06-14-2007, 12:03 PM
My wife is polar opposite. She once threw away the cordless phone. She's accidentely threw out a gift card once as well, trying to hurry up and throw out all of the wrapping paper at Christmas (oops.. I meant to say The Holidays) Christmas is a bad word anymore. :BS:

Christmas is never a bad word...

anybody that says that needs a brain transplant...

it's the best time of the year for lots of people, me included...

cookster50
06-14-2007, 12:26 PM
500 TAMPONS, Wallet, pills, mp3 player, work badge, pen, gum, keys, and phone. Occasionally, compact, eyeliner and lipstick, if I'm wearing makeup that day (which isn't often).
FYP

Simply Red
06-14-2007, 12:30 PM
:BS:

Christmas is never a bad word...

anybody that says that needs a brain transplant...

it's the best time of the year for lots of people, me included...

It is BS you're right. Kinda of my point. I was trying to kinda smack around any pcness with that comment.

luv
06-14-2007, 12:30 PM
FYP
Only about four when I'm heading to work.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
If I had the balls to go through my wifes purse, which I do not, I would find receipts from years past, ticket stubs to movies of yesteryear, and other various crap of unknown origin.

seclark
06-14-2007, 01:09 PM
i wouldn't attempt to even open my wifes purse. hell, it p@sses me off when she tries to dig something out of there.
sec

go bo
07-08-2007, 08:31 PM
It is BS you're right. Kinda of my point. I was trying to kinda smack around any pcness with that comment.smack away, me hearty...

may the pc police fall into a giant sinkhole (we have those on occasion around here)...

and be molested by camels and goats...

and worms...

ok, maby not worms...

how 'bout them chiefs?

teedubya
07-08-2007, 08:40 PM
most women have purses that weigh over 10-15lbs. If they keep it on the same shoulder all of the time, which many do... it ****s up your shoulder, back, posture, etc...

Im glad Im not a woman. Purses, birth and PMS. What a shitty lot... considering they also have to put up with our shit.

luv
07-08-2007, 08:44 PM
most women have purses that weigh over 10-15lbs. If they keep it on the same shoulder all of the time, which many do... it ****s up your shoulder, back, posture, etc...

Im glad Im not a woman. Purses, birth and PMS. What a shitty lot... considering they also have to put up with our shit.
10-15 lbs? Ouch. Mine weighs maybe 5.

booger
07-08-2007, 08:44 PM
stick out your tongue and hold it while saying purses.

teedubya
07-08-2007, 09:05 PM
10-15 lbs? Ouch. Mine weighs maybe 5.

I read it somewhere that many women need to go to a chiropractor to get adjusted due to their ridiculous purse cargo.

I wasn't shocked nor surprised... thus I did no further research on the subject matter.

luv
07-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I read it somewhere that many women need to go to a chiropractor to get adjusted due to their ridiculous purse cargo.

I wasn't shocked nor surprised... thus I did no further research on the subject matter.
Oh, I believe it. My mom used to have me help carry her purse whenever we were in a store for any lengthy period of time. I didn't see how she ever lugged that thing around. She carried make up with her, and she never hardly wore it.

tommykat
07-08-2007, 09:45 PM

I believe you forgot "menopause" HOT HOT.....

Beyond that Mike? Heck I am probably worse with a purse than Tammi ROFL