PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Day Thread

KurtCobain
06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
It's about to be Father's day, so I thought I'd let all the other fathers out there on ChiefsPlanet know that it's okay to drink beer and watch tv any time you please. It's your damn duty.

Happy Father's Day

blueballs
06-16-2007, 10:50 PM
you got a nut
she had a alergic reation to the sperm
it lived -here's your tie

KcMizzou
06-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks man.

I think I'll call my dad and invite him to come to a Royals game with me and my boys. I don't see him as much as I should.

RJ
06-16-2007, 11:00 PM
you got a nut

Choking back the tears.

Bugeater
06-16-2007, 11:02 PM
you got a nut
See, now that's almost funny.

blueballs
06-16-2007, 11:04 PM
you got off
she got preggers
here's your child support payment plan

Bugeater
06-16-2007, 11:12 PM
you got off
she got preggers
here's your child support payment plan
Meh. That one was a reach. You should've quit while you were ahead.

TinyEvel
06-16-2007, 11:21 PM
It's about to be Father's day, so I thought I'd let all the other fathers out there on ChiefsPlanet know that it's okay todrink beer and watch tv any time you please. It's your damn duty.

Happy Father's Day

:cuss:

:banghead:

|Zach|
06-17-2007, 12:48 AM
I headed to Blue Springs for a wedding reception this evening and am spending Sunday with the family. Going to dinner to a place he wanted Sunday evening. Really looking forward to it.

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Spending the day with my son today. We are going to see Fantastic 4(not my choice) and to dinner... Oh yeah, he's only 8, so its not like he can pay or anything...

KcMizzou
06-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Spending the day with my son today. We are going to see Fantastic 4(not my choice) and to dinner... Oh yeah, he's only 8, so its not like he can pay or anything...It's time that little free-loader started mowing lawns or something!

j/k.... enjoy it, man.

Logical
06-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Had fathers day a day early with an afternoon at Stomp and a Prime Rib dinner on my kids.

Tommorow I play the role of supportive father as I meet my son's future in-laws. Should be interesting.

KurtCobain
06-17-2007, 02:27 AM
I plan on eating today, that's for sure.

pr_capone
06-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Dear Dad:

Glad you are dead. Too bad your cancer did not take longer to kill you.

Your truly,

Your ex-punching bag of a son

KurtCobain
06-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Dear Dad:

Glad you are dead. Too bad your cancer did not take longer to kill you.

Your truly,

Your ex-punching bag of a son

Truly beautiful.

pr_capone
06-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Truly beautiful.

It is straight from the heart man.... straight from the heart.

Simplex3
06-17-2007, 05:14 AM
Any other fathers out there getting f**ked again this year?

See, on Mother's Day the father has to take the kids so that the mom can go relax at the spa and generally f**k off.

On Father's Day we dads "get to spend quality time with our kids", while mom sits at home and generally f**ks off.

Realizing in addition that these are both bulls**t holidays made up to sell more cards, we're getting doubly hosed.

boogblaster
06-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Having a BBQ this evening with my son and grandson..damn glad to have both of them...

milkman
06-17-2007, 06:45 AM

See, on Mother's Day the father has to take the kids so that the mom can go relax at the spa and generally f**k off.

On Father's Day we dads "get to spend quality time with our kids", while mom sits at home and generally f**ks off.

Realizing in addition that these are both bulls**t holidays made up to sell more cards, we're getting doubly hosed.

My idea of the perfect Father's Day would be to get the kids together and blow up all the Hallmark plants.

06-17-2007, 06:49 AM

Can always count on you to put some perspective on things. ROFL

HemiEd
06-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Seeing my Father's face, after he came back from driving the Barracuda, made the work all worth it. Priceless!

Happy Father's day to all of you! I have my two grandsons for the next couple weeks, we are going to have a great time.

Phobia
06-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Seeing my Father's face, after he came back from driving the Barracuda, made the work all worth it. Priceless!

Happy Father's day to all of you! I have my two grandsons for the next couple weeks, we are going to have a great time.

That's awesome, Ed. Truly.

I hope you don't get that car back too soon.

stevieray
06-17-2007, 08:17 AM
"No sense in sitting and worrying about what you did, when you can lay back and enjoy it through your kids"

Today is one of those days that remind me how incredibly blessed I am.

Eventually you find out that your kids aren't the only ones being taught about life.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Rasputin
06-17-2007, 08:29 AM

So true, right on the money, Yup that's my fathers day weekend in a nutshell. :harumph:
(Exept my wife is out of town :clap: )

Rasputin
06-17-2007, 08:52 AM
I would like to extend an extra happy fathers day to Dads who have adopted their kid or kids. It's hard enough to take care or our own little brats but to take care of someon elses brats is something to be commended for.

I was adopted by my grandparents.

Last week my Dad, (the old Fart 84yrs) decided to make a wooden chair out in the ol garage. Uh, he cut off his thumb with the power saw. OUCH.

Have a great Fathers Day!!

ChiTown
06-17-2007, 09:00 AM
RIP, Dad.

I lost my Dad 5 years ago. I think about him every day.

Here's hoping I can be half the Dad and Husband you were!

:toast:

KevB
06-17-2007, 11:00 AM
RIP, Dad.

Sorry to hear that Chi. I'm glad you have good memories to look back on. My dad is alive and well, but I can't imagine the day when he's gone. Hard enough when my grandfather passed.....

FAX
06-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I lost my father at a very early age. If your father is living, I encourage each of you to do what you can to make sure he knows you love him.

FAX

HemiEd
06-17-2007, 11:16 AM
That's awesome, Ed. Truly.

I hope you don't get that car back too soon.

Thanks Phil, I hope you and your daughter have a great day together.

The car is going to my little sister, when Dad is done with it. She was born the same year the car was new. She had a lot of fun driving it as well. :thumb:

HemiEd
06-17-2007, 11:21 AM
RIP, Dad.

I lost my father at a very early age. If your father is living, I encourage each of you to do what you can to make sure he knows you love him.

FAX

My codolences to both of you, and can not express how I feel for your loss. I have been so fortunate and am very aware of it each day. Obviously, your Dad's had a very positive influence on both of you. Have a great day!

luv
06-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Happy Father's Day to the best dad on this bb.....mine!

teedubya
06-17-2007, 11:34 AM
i just got off the phone with my dad and my granddad, who just had a stroke last Sunday... he is doing much better.

It sure was nice having a great convo with both of them... plus hanging out with my kids, while my wife ****s off. What a day.

PunkinDrublic
06-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Wishing all the best to all my illegitimate children.

stumppy
06-17-2007, 02:43 PM

FAX

Right on. I lost my father when I was 6 month old. I would encourage all of you to also show your children how much they mean to you.
None of us are guaranteed we'll be on this earth tomorrow.

CHIEF4EVER
06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
My son called me from Dam Neck, VA. He was on 'Liberty' at the beach with his friends and still thought of me. My day is complete.

Easy 6
06-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Growing up without Dad around, gives me as a parent even more incentive to try & be one worth having.

The kids & i went to Lake Clinton (Ill) today to go swimming & fishing, the kind of quality time that no amount of $$$ can compensate for.

They got me a new Chiefs can coolie, Chiefs socks, a Chiefs $$$ clip & some cologne...(TERRIBLE stuff called Black Suede...lol), but of course it all meant a lot to me.

All in all, a great Fathers Day, hope yours was just as good.

crazycoffey
06-17-2007, 06:50 PM

:clap: at least I got time in to smoke a cigar.

ChiTown
06-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I had a great Fathers Day!

I got Breakfast served to me after I had thoroughly read the paper. I played my kids in Chess, and got beat both times. We played putt-put golf and everyone got a hole in one at various times. I took my boys to the ball diamond by my house and threw them pitches for about 2 hours - I've got a couple of natural born hitters :) I came home and watched the last 2 hours of the US Open with my kids napping on my lap (great finish by the way). I just had an excellent dinner and I'm sipping on my 2nd Gin and tonic.

That, my friends, is a great Fathers Day! Happy FD to everyone here.

WilliamTheIrish
06-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I teed off at 0630am in my new shirt from my 21 year old daughter. I didn't drive the ball real well, but my approach shots were unreal. I hit the center of the green from 160+ four times. My short game was great. I nearly holed two chips that resulted in tap in pars and had 2 birdies.

Over all, despite sandwiching triple bogies around a par on holes 11,12 and 13, I came home with with two pars, including a short sided sand save on 518 yard par 5 18th hole, that checked up about 8 feet from the hole.

I drilled the putt for a season best 84.

Came home and watched the US Open and am now vegging out in front of the computer with the TV on and Sirius Radio in my head set.

Nzoner
06-17-2007, 08:13 PM

FAX

Today has been a little hard on me as my dad has been a real ass lately,even so much so he blew off my wife's birthday this year not even getting her a card.We haven't talked now for almost 2 months and I don't know if and when the time will come.

I'm truly sorry for those of you who had "good or great" dads that you lost at an early age.

Bugeater
06-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Today has been a little hard on me as my dad has been a real ass lately,even so much so he blew off my wife's birthday this year not even getting her a card.We haven't talked now for almost 2 months and I don't know if and when the time will come.

I'm truly sorry for those of you who had "good or great" dads that you lost at an early age.
Yep, something's just not fair when good ones die young and POS fathers like mine are still alive.

Nzoner
06-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Yep, something's just not fair when good ones die young and POS fathers like mine are still alive.

On a brighter note did you get anything good today?

Bugeater
06-17-2007, 10:11 PM
On a brighter note did you get anything good today?
:shake: No, I got to work all day.

Nzoner
06-17-2007, 10:16 PM
:shake: No, I got to work all day.

Sorry to hear that,the animals got me a great new deep fryer that'll hold almost 3 lbs. of wings.Going to be perfect for bash weekend.

Bugeater
06-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear that,the animals got me a great new deep fryer that'll hold almost 3 lbs. of wings.Going to be perfect for bash weekend.
Eh, no biggie, I'm not a big fan of "Made for Hallmark" holidays, even if I'm the beneficiary. I hate birthdays too, nobody is allowed to tell me "Happy Birthday" on my birthday. Don't buy me anything, don't say anything. Congrats on scoring the deep fryer, although if you wanted something that big you probably should've just got a turkey fryer. We've fried chickens in ours a couple times, very tasty.

Nzoner
06-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Eh, no biggie, I'm not a big fan of "Made for Hallmark" holidays, even if I'm the beneficiary. I hate birthdays too, nobody is allowed to tell me "Happy Birthday" on my birthday. Don't buy me anything, don't say anything. Congrats on scoring the deep fryer, although if you wanted something that big you probably should've just got a turkey fryer. We've fried chickens in ours a couple times, very tasty.

Oh I've got one of those unfortunately I never use it,something about leaving the comfort of the gameroom to check on food has never much appealed to me.

Bugeater
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh I've got one of those unfortunately I never use it,something about leaving the comfort of the gameroom to check on food has never much appealed to me.
I'd rather do that stuff outside, the oil smell can really hang sometimes. I fry turkeys in my garage for every Super Bowl, and it always smells like peanut oil for three weeks after that.

Nzoner
06-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I'd rather do that stuff outside, the oil smell can really hang sometimes. I fry turkeys in my garage for every Super Bowl, and it always smells like peanut oil for three weeks after that.

heh,this coming from a smoker :)

luv
06-17-2007, 10:36 PM
The only thing I got dad was the pleasure of my company to watch some of the US Open and grill. However, it's not that unusual for me to go over and hang out on a Sunday.

Bugeater
06-17-2007, 10:37 PM
heh,this coming from a smoker :)
Hell I never even notice cigarette smoke, does it even have a smell?

Mosbonian
06-17-2007, 10:52 PM
What was my great Father's Day present?

The fact that I had another year to mend fences that I thought were destryoed a long time ago with my Dad. I almost lost him last year a couple of times, and each time I regretted all the time I spent being angry with him about what I perceived were his imperfections. When you become a Father yourself, you start to realize that expecting your parents to be perfect is unrealistic.

Plus.....I have another year to be a Dad. It's still hard for me to fathom that no matter how many times I screw up this parenthood gig, my children still love me unconditionally.

The gifts are great...but the love is priceless

mmaddog

Logical
06-17-2007, 11:24 PM
i just got off the phone with my dad and my granddad, who just had a stroke last Sunday... he is doing much better.

It sure was nice having a great convo with both of them... plus hanging out with my kids, while my wife ****s off. What a day.

Holy shit you just ruined my image of you as the perfect jerk.

Logical
06-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Just want to say how forturnate I feel for the how thoughtful my children were this fathers day weekend.

TinyEvel
06-17-2007, 11:57 PM
My kids made me handmade cards and the wife gave me an album of photos from our last camping trip, with plenty of extra spare slots/pages to fill up in the future.

Feeling blessed.

Fish
06-18-2007, 08:04 AM
I got to take my daughter camping this weekend. Her first time. Roasting marshmallows, making sand castles, catching grasshoppers, skipping rocks, watching the clouds..... we had a great time. At one point her and I were laying on a blanket under the huge oak trees, she had her little head on my chest watching the trees and napping, and it really hit me how incredibly fortunate I am.