As if we didn't already know that.

http://www.av1611.org/crock.html

L.A. Chieffan
06-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Oh God, not another God thread

Pitt Gorilla
06-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Amy Grant "PLAYS" Joni Mithchell
Johnny Cash "PLAYS" Danzig, Beck, SoundGarden, et. al!
Petra "PLAYS" Argent (ditto KISS)
77's "PLAYS" Led Zeppelin.
DC talk "PLAYS" Doobie Brothers, Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, REM, et. al.
Audio Adrenaline "PLAYS" Edgar Winter
Point of Grace "PLAYS" Earth, Wind and Fire
Jars of Clay "PLAYS" Ozzy Osbourne
Rez Band rvieYS" the Who, Jefferson Airplane
Holy Soldier "PLAYS" Rolling Stones
Rachel, Rachel "PLAYS" Kansas
Deliverance "PLAYS" Black Sabbath
MXPX plays Buddy Holly
TO NAME A FEW.................

What ever happened to "OBEYING" the Lord Jesus Christ!

Interesting point!

Simplex3
06-17-2007, 05:25 AM
You know, I don't get it. "The Lord" made everything.

Well, except the stuff that the church doesn't like. Satan made that stuff.

Well, until later when the church changes it's mind. Then it's Ok.

WTF? :shrug:

ChiefJustice
06-17-2007, 05:56 AM
OMFG!

If that site even slightly resembles what fundamental
Christianity in America has sunk to,then i have need to move to Canada or Australia.

"Johnny Cash gets the award for biggest sellout since Judas"

Jeez,what's next?
Pat Boones' suggestive lyrics inspire madness among
today's youth?

If the Devil has an ounce of soul,I'll dance my way down to hell before i ever believe this self-righteous
BS.

HMc
06-17-2007, 06:29 AM
im gonna have to go ahead and get you to give that page a bit of HTML formatting. if you could, that would be great

trndobrd
06-17-2007, 06:35 AM
OMFG!

If that site even slightly resembles what fundamental
Christianity in America has sunk to,then i have need to move to Canada or Australia.

"Johnny Cash gets the award for biggest sellout since Judas"

Jeez,what's next?
Pat Boones' suggestive lyrics inspire madness among
today's youth?

If the Devil has an ounce of soul,I'll dance my way down to hell before i ever believe this self-righteous
BS.

That's cute considering Johnny Cash was never a "Christian Rock" artist. Although he did plenty of gospel songs, he never claimed and was never billed as a "Christian Rock" singer. His first big hit was Folsom Prison. Sunday Morning Coming Down isn't particularly spiritual.

This dude really sounds like a great big sour grape. He was a guitarist. Apparently he didn't "make it".

SCChief
06-17-2007, 07:20 AM
How sad is this?

I have a friend who was a member of a Christian metal band named Via Jireh in the Jackson, TN area. And all of these guys came from varied musical backgrounds (metal, hair bands, death metal, etc.). What it was about for them was the music they played currently, the message and intent behind the music, and the cameraderie of playing together as a band.

This gentleman sounds like he is upset because he had bad experiences in the music business and decided to lash out.

chagrin
06-17-2007, 07:54 AM
EDIT

My bad, I didn't read the article. That dude is out of his mind

headsnap
06-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Yay, another hate God/religion thread!!! :rolleyes:

Eleazar
06-17-2007, 08:22 AM
jeez. what a nut

gblowfish
06-17-2007, 09:20 AM
im gonna have to go ahead and get you to give that page a bit of HTML formatting. if you could, that would be great
Jesus needs to send this guy a copy of Dreamweaver.
Talk about a monotonous webpage!

Vegas_Dave
06-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow, what a faulty premise. This assumes that rock "music" is of the devil (said in the best waterboy's momma way).

Just like anything and everything in this world, it can be used for the devil or for God.

Under the premise of this article, then even the bible could be satans work as it CAN be used for wrong. Many Chrisitian denominations believe that Mormons do just this (not trying to pick a fight but rather just using it as an example).

If Christian Rock negatively affects your spiritual life,t hen you should cut it out.

What an absolutely absurd article.

Bowser
06-17-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.av1611.org/amybaby.html

So, it's a sin to look good for the opposite sex, but "sloth" is one of the seven deadly sins? SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH ALL THESE CONTRADICTING RULES AND REGULATIONS OMGWTFLMMFAOBBQTHREETWOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!one

FAX
06-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Perhaps, Mr. Bowser, this would be a good time to meditate on your 4th Chakra.

FAX

Hammock Parties
06-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Christian Rock is mankind's worst endeavor.

FAX
06-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Christian Rock is mankind's worst endeavor.

It beats the hell out of Yiddish Rock though, Mr. GoChiefs.

FAX

Hammock Parties
06-17-2007, 10:28 AM
It beats the hell out of Yiddish Rock though, Mr. GoChiefs.

FAX

By it's very nature, Xtian Rock is designed to beat the hell out of everything. Whether or not it is effective is another thing entirely.

FAX
06-17-2007, 10:32 AM
By it's very nature, Xtian Rock is designed to beat the hell out of everything. Whether or not it is effective is another thing entirely.

Exactomundo, Mr. GoChiefs. You never see a Satanist dancing to Christian Rock.

It must work.

FAX

Tribal Warfare
06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
for some reason I have an urge to send this idiot a shit load of links to Black Metal bands. :fire:

JBucc
06-17-2007, 11:21 AM
He's right though, you know. I was a good Christian boy, then one day I heard a Johnny Cash song. Now I rape innocent virgins and drink goat's blood while dancing around a burning upside down cross as a tribute to my lord Satan.

Hydrae
06-17-2007, 12:00 PM
He's right though, you know. I was a good Christian boy, then one day I heard a Johnny Cash song. Now I rape innocent virgins and drink goat's blood while dancing around a burning upside down cross as a tribute to my lord Satan.

I just wish you would keep it down or do these things earlier in the day. It is hard to sleep with all that screaming and pounding music going on.

Adept Havelock
06-17-2007, 12:24 PM

Johnny Cash? Really? This is what drove me to my life of hedonistic debauchery....

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Mood-More-Mr-Nice/dp/B000005KOE

Hammock Parties
06-17-2007, 12:26 PM
What the shit is that?

NewChief
06-17-2007, 12:53 PM
These people would be much more convincing if they had a clue about website design.

Pitt Gorilla
06-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I can't believe some of you blasphemers. He supports all of his arguments with Bible quotes!!1

This guy kind of reminds me of the Time Cube guy.

Bwana
06-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Well...........Isn't that special!

Mr Luzcious
06-17-2007, 01:21 PM
That article makes me laugh.

Uncle_Ted
06-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Big deal, so is the metric system ...

Mr Luzcious
06-17-2007, 01:40 PM
At the same time it's sad that anyone could actually believe that...

Randallflagg
06-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm going to take a stab at replyting to this "article" by this "gentleman". I played in a Christian "Rock" group in the early 80s. We were flat out GOOD. Period. Wrote all our own stuff. Toured the country, the whole nine yards. Called Witness. Sort of a cross between AC-DC and Bad Company.

In 1980 we played the Indiana Summer Jam with the "big boys" and, according to Ted Nugent, blew the "major acts" off the stage.

The point? Simple. We were ALWAYS well received wherever we played "in the world", as it was called back then by those "Christians" in the know.

Our problem didn't come from everyday, ordinary sinning folk. Nope. We had articles such as the one by the poster put up about us. We had newspapers such as the "Louisville Courier-Journal" do fair indepth articles about us only to be deluged by the "Christians" who claimed that we were the "Devils tools" and "Close your eyes - you're back in the jungle" sort of things.

Yet, even with all this nonsense, the local Churches ALWAYS wanted us to play for their "outreaches" FOR FREE, of course.....didn't matter that we would spend, literally thousands of our own money to travel, etc....nope, in their words - God would provide; and, he did. He finally told us late one evening while working in Nashville that we were being taken for fools. We gave up the moniker of "Contemporary Christian Artists" and became "Artists".

Now, my "music" and my "faith" are kept far apart. If Rev Hypocrite doesn't like that, TOUGH.

At least WE were never caught with hookers..........

Mr Luzcious
06-17-2007, 02:04 PM
He finally told us late one evening while working in Nashville that we were being taken for fools. We gave up the moniker of "Contemporary Christian Artists" and became "Artists".

Now, my "music" and my "faith" are kept far apart. If Rev Hypocrite doesn't like that, TOUGH.

At least WE were never caught with hookers..........

I'm not sure I agree with that approach.. but what do I know.

Regardless, what were you guys called? I'll have to check your music out. If I can find it.