PDA

View Full Version : Where are these Planeteers?

chagrin
06-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Iowanian and 4th and long?

They've been pretty quiet lately, or have I just not been paying attention?

The board's been missing some things lately, these two I haven't noticed standing out lately...anyone?

Bugeater
06-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Iowanian last posted on Friday, and 4th and Long has been pretty scarce ever since he hooked up with some "hot nurse".

Easy 6
06-17-2007, 08:08 PM
I've noticed a lot of guys MIA this off-season, but 4thandLong has been like a ghost for sure.

I think its 3 factors...

1) Its the off-season, precious little good football talk & people (including me) trying to fill the void with various subjects of dubious interest.

2) Most of us have a life (especially in summer) that, from time to time, gets in the way of good quality Planet-time.

3) Like anything else, it IS possible to burn-out on the Planet & all of its self manufactured drama.

luv
06-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Rausch is MIA. I think I finally saw a post from Halfcan on here from last night. Haven't seen 4th and Long in forever either.

luv
06-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I've noticed a lot of guys MIA this off-season, but 4thandLong has been like a ghost for sure.

I think its 3 factors...

1) Its the off-season, precious little good football talk & people (including me) trying to fill the void with various subjects of dubious interest.

2) Most of us have a life (especially in summer) that, from time to time, gets in the way of good quality Planet-time.

3) Like anything else, it IS possible to burn-out on the Planet & all of its self manufactured drama.
There's life outside the Planet?

You guys are my saviour sometimes. That sounds sad, I know. Working second shift makes it a pain in the ass to keep up with friends that work normal hours. Gets pretty lonely. I usually know that I can come on here and find someone online who can make me laugh.

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I was gone for like 7 months. I don't think anyone noticed... :harumph:

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2007, 08:38 PM
There's life outside the Planet?

You guys are my saviour sometimes. That sounds sad, I know. Working second shift makes it a pain in the ass to keep up with friends that work normal hours. Gets pretty lonely. I usually know that I can come on here and find someone online who can make me laugh.I feel your pain, Doll.

Frazod
06-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Jamie (Raiderhader) hasn't posted for a long time either.

Logical
06-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Iowanian and 4th and long?

They've been pretty quiet lately, or have I just not been paying attention?

The board's been missing some things lately, these two I haven't noticed standing out lately...anyone?

Iowanian, posted in several of my threads this past week so he is around.

Mr. Kotter
06-17-2007, 09:06 PM

Jamie's on a pussy hunt. As well, he should be at his age and stage in life. :)

Simply Red
06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Iowanian, posted in several of my threads this past week so he is around.
yeah he's still here and posting better than ever.

But where is Clint?

Simply Red
06-17-2007, 09:11 PM
4th and Long is a rhythm poster. Lately he's not been around much...

Hydrae
06-17-2007, 09:29 PM

301 posts til you matter. :p

Frazod
06-17-2007, 09:36 PM
301 posts til you matter. :p

29,463 until YOU matter. :harumph:

:)

Hydrae
06-17-2007, 09:37 PM
29,463 until YOU matter. :harumph:

Hmmm, only about 18 years to go then!

Frazod
06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Hmmm, only about 18 years to go then!

Well, one down, 29,462 to go! :D

Mosbonian
06-17-2007, 10:57 PM

I think its 3 factors...

The drama......and burnout. I must admit to being bored with the Planet lately.

Course I'm not around enough to get really bored and disappear forever.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
06-17-2007, 11:06 PM

I think its 3 factors...

The drama......and burnout. I must admit to being bored with the Planet lately.

Course I'm not around enough to get really bored and disappear forever.

mmaddog

4th and Long
06-18-2007, 07:38 AM
That 4th and Long guy got married and now has a wife and 2 kids. He doesn't have time to post from home on the Internet these days. In fact, he doesn't have time to post from work these days either. Were he not sitting there, waiting for along report to run it's course on his computer, he would not have even seen this thread.

He's glad at least chagrin remembered he existed.

That is all. As you were.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 07:39 AM
DAMN THAT HOT NURSE!

4th and Long
06-18-2007, 07:42 AM
DAMN THAT HOT NURSE!
Given the choice between watching people rail on your young ass about plagerism or having 2 beautiful daughters and a hot nurse for a wife, I'll pick the family option. :D

chagrin
06-18-2007, 08:15 AM
That 4th and Long guy got married and now has a wife and 2 kids. He doesn't have time to post from home on the Internet these days. In fact, he doesn't have time to post from work these days either. Were he not sitting there, waiting for along report to run it's course on his computer, he would not have even seen this thread.

That is all. As you were.

Hey, congratulations dude :)

Ketchup&Mustard
06-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow! I've been gone for almost a year and nobody noticed... I'm really feeling the love now... :deevee:

Planetman
06-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow! I've been gone for almost a year and nobody noticed... I'm really feeling the love now... :deevee:
I heard that Gochief's hotdog missed you.

teedubya
06-18-2007, 09:57 AM

We are Relish fans around here.

Redrum_69
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM

who are you again?

BigMeatballDave
06-18-2007, 10:11 AM
who are you again?HA

BigMeatballDave
06-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Wow! I've been gone for almost a year and nobody noticed... I'm really feeling the love now... :deevee:Sorry, we replaced you with Sandwich Spread...

Bowser
07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Speaking of which -

Where is Boozer? Did he finally give this place the heave-ho?

Hammock Parties
07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
JspChief.

Bowser
07-21-2007, 03:07 PM
JspChief.

I thought of him, too. I think this is his busy time of year, so he's probably sweating his ass off up on numerous hot roofs.

Og the Caveman was always a favorite.

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah he's still here and posting better than ever.

But where is Clint? He and Red probably moved over to an Adult Swingers BB.

Bowser
07-21-2007, 03:12 PM
He and Red probably moved over to an Adult Swingers BB.

Heh. that was one of the better meltdowns I've seen here.

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 03:12 PM

That is all. As you were.Meh.

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow! I've been gone for almost a year and nobody noticed... I'm really feeling the love now... :deevee:Shut up N00b. :p:

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Heh. that was one of the better meltdowns I've seen here.What? did you miss my DC meltdown after the 06 elections?

Bowser
07-21-2007, 03:21 PM
What? did you miss my DC meltdown after the 06 elections?

Oh, don't sell yourself short. You throw as good a tantrum as anybody. :D

Was it ever discovered who was on the other side of the internet flirting?

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Have there ever been any confirmed deceased Planeteers?

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh, don't sell yourself short. You throw as good a tantrum as anybody. :D

Was it ever discovered who was on the other side of the internet flirting?No Clint.

Bowser
07-21-2007, 03:24 PM
No Clint.

Maybe it was found out, and that's why Clint doesn't post here anymore? :hmmm:

Bowser
07-21-2007, 03:25 PM
And ftr, Clint and Red both were great posters. They both cracked me up. Shame.

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Maybe it was found out, and that's why Clint doesn't post here anymore? :hmmm:Yeah, I heard he is the one doing therapy in the GICO commercials with the existential meltdown.

ClevelandBronco
07-21-2007, 04:06 PM
"Planeteers."

That's about as gay as it can be. Y'all need to work on something better to call yourselves.

Simplex3
07-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Have there ever been any confirmed deceased Planeteers?
Skip. We just haven't told him yet.

Simplex3
07-21-2007, 04:12 PM
"Planeteers."

That's about as gay as it can be. Y'all need to work on something better to call yourselves.
Beats "Bronco Fans" hands down.

Hammock Parties
07-21-2007, 04:16 PM
"Maners" sounds like a gay strip club.

Simplex3
07-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Let me be the first to tell you that isn't a good thing. In case you were wondering.

ClevelandBronco
07-21-2007, 04:24 PM

I'll rely upon your experience when it comes to gay strip clubs.

By the same token, I'll grant that "Taco John" sounds like a guy who has discovered that he's a taco trapped in a Polish sausage's body.

Bugeater
07-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Speaking of which -

Where is Boozer? Did he finally give this place the heave-ho?
His last activity was on 07-10-2007, but he hasn't posted since June of '06. :shrug:

luv
07-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Does anyone else think that Planet Man is really 4th and Long?

chagrin
07-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Does anyone else think that Planet Man is really 4th and Long?

If it is, prolly because it's supposed to be that way, and we weren't meant to discover it

go bo
07-21-2007, 05:54 PM

That is all. As you were.tell the 4th and long guy congratulations from all of us... :toast: :toast: :toast:

hope he has a chance to stop in once in awhile...

chagrin
07-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Maybe it was found out, and that's why Clint doesn't post here anymore? :hmmm:

Clint was one funny dude - I seem to recall the flirting thread but I thought it was something that chitown or someone here said about her picture that pissed him off; I wasn't aware that she was doing something that was considered harmful to their relationship, but I guess I don't know for sure.

Bob Dole
07-21-2007, 06:08 PM
He's busy working. Bob Dole had drinks with him 2 nights last week.

Bowser
07-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Clint was one funny dude - I seem to recall the flirting thread but I thought it was something that chitown or someone here said about her picture that pissed him off; I wasn't aware that she was doing something that was considered harmful to their relationship, but I guess I don't know for sure.

Without looking, iirc, he started some thread about how far is too far when flirting over the net. As you can imagine, things spiraled down from there.

DaFace
07-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Without looking, iirc, he started some thread about how far is too far when flirting over the net. As you can imagine, things spiraled down from there.

Hmm...you're right about the thread, but it looks like that thread's last post was back in February 06, and he was still posting up until around this time last year.

FAX
07-21-2007, 06:16 PM

I felt very badly about that, Mr. Bowser. It was very sad that the shameless and brazen internet flirting got so far out of hand that he and his wife felt compelled to leave.

Plus, Ms. Red N Feisty had the best set of avatars I've seen in a while.

FAX

Bowser
07-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Hmm...you're right about the thread, but it looks like that thread's last post was back in February 06, and he was still posting up until around this time last year.

I guess that's when I lost interest. :shrug:

DaFace
07-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Interestingly, Red has a "last activity" date of 7/17/07, according to her profile.

:hmmm:

Bowser
07-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I felt very badly about that, Mr. Bowser. It was very sad that the shameless and brazen internet flirting got so far out of hand that he and his wife felt compelled to leave.

Plus, Ms. Red N Feisty had the best set of avatars I've seen in a while.

FAX

Yeah, it's too bad. As said, I got a kick out of both of them. Hopefully, they got stuff resolved between the two of them, one way or another.

And another poster I haven't seen in a long time - Digital Takiwara.

Bowser
07-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Interestingly, Red has a "last activity" date of 7/17/07, according to her profile.

:hmmm:

I bet her and Clint still check in from time to time.

As the cliche' Eagles song says - "You can check out, but you can never leave".

I think that's how it goes...