PDA

View Full Version : fathers day gift

bogie
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I got the best gift. I love to golf. I have brown golf shoes. I wanted a brown golf glove to match my shoes. I couldn't find one. My sweet wife bought a white glove, took it to a leather shop and had it dyed brown to match my shoes. I suspect the dye will wear off quickly because I sweat like a mo fo. But what a thoughtful gift. What did you Dads get?

King_Chief_Fan
06-18-2007, 01:34 PM
I got the best gift. I love to golf. I have brown golf shoes. I wanted a brown golf glove to match my shoes. I couldn't find one. My sweet wife bought a white glove, took it to a leather shop and had it dyed brown to match my shoes. I suspect the dye will wear off quickly because I sweat like a mo fo. But what a thoughtful gift. What did you Dads get?

I got a round of golf at Missouri Bluffs (one of the best in the state), a couple of shrts to play golf in and a new gas powered weed eater. (I don't think my wife intended for me to take the weed eater to the course with me. It would have come in handy yesterday on a couple of holes.)

RJ
06-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I got a round of golf at Missouri Bluffs (one of the best in the state), a couple of shrts to play golf in and a new gas powered weed eater. (I don't think my wife intended for me to take the weed eater to the course with me. It would have come in handy yesterday on a couple of holes.)

Funny.

RJ
06-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I got an Orioles hat, The Departed soundtrack CD and lots of good hugs from my little girl. Just by chance, yesterday turned out to be one of those days where she wanted to spend all her time with Daddy. Needless to say, that was my best Fathers day gift.

bogie
06-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Weed eaters and chain saws should be allowed on the course.

bogie
06-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I got an Orioles hat, The Departed soundtrack CD and lots of good hugs from my little girl. Just by chance, yesterday turned out to be one of those days where she wanted to spend all her time with Daddy. Needless to say, that was my best Fathers day gift.

My little gal gave me a new Barbie doll. One of her friends ruined the Barbie that I use when she and I play Barbies. So she bought me a new one. That and a card she made at school.

06-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Weed eaters and chain saws should be allowed on the course.
I am certain that Tiger would have loved to had something to shave the fringe that got in his way on the last two holes yesterday.

bogie
06-18-2007, 01:58 PM
I am certain that Tiger would have loved to had something to shave the fringe that got in his way on the last two holes yesterday.

I suspect you're right. That rough was brutal.

RJ
06-18-2007, 02:10 PM
My little gal gave me a new Barbie doll. One of her friends ruined the Barbie that I use when she and I play Barbies. So she bought me a new one. That and a card she made at school.

Lol, good story. A man can learn a lot from a daughter. How to play Barbies, how to use barettes, which color socks look best and how to properly fold them over, which princess goes with which movie.........I know things today that just a few short years ago I never intended to know.

Mr. Plow
06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Started off as a bad Father's Day for me. I did get to sleep in a little bit which was nice. But, no golf - which is all I really wanted. We took our oldest son to see the "High School Musical" play over in Wichita. Which, let me tell you, was not something I was going to enjoy.

But, I knew my son loved it, so I sucked it up and went. I was kind of in a foul mood until midway through the play, I looked at my son and he had a HUGE smile on his face singing along with the actors. Brought a smile to my face and I forgot about everything else.

I didn't really get anything for Father's Day, which is ok. I like gifts, but I'd much rather have them make me a card and allow me to spend the money on them than to waste it on something for me.

Ended up being an alright Father's Day.

Dallas Chief
06-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Breitling.

Best. Gift. Ever.

bogie
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Lol, good story. A man can learn a lot from a daughter. How to play Barbies, how to use barettes, which color socks look best and how to properly fold them over, which princess goes with which movie.........I know things today that just a few short years ago I never intended to know.

My kid was excited about giving me my new Barbie. I was excited to receive it.

bogie
06-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Started off as a bad Father's Day for me. I did get to sleep in a little bit which was nice. But, no golf - which is all I really wanted. We took our oldest son to see the "High School Musical" play over in Wichita. Which, let me tell you, was not something I was going to enjoy.

But, I knew my son loved it, so I sucked it up and went. I was kind of in a foul mood until midway through the play, I looked at my son and he had a HUGE smile on his face singing along with the actors. Brought a smile to my face and I forgot about everything else.

I didn't really get anything for Father's Day, which is ok. I like gifts, but I'd much rather have them make me a card and allow me to spend the money on them than to waste it on something for me.

Ended up being an alright Father's Day.

Good for you. I think the definition of a good Father is knowing when to suck it up.

bogie
06-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Breitling.

Best. Gift. Ever.

I googled it. That is a good looking watch. I assume you're talking about the watch?

seclark
06-18-2007, 02:56 PM
one of those picture frames that you plug the memory card from your digital camera into and it shows all the pictures on it.

t-shirt w/my grandkids hand prints on the front. it's got bbq sauce on it too now.
sec

journeyscarab
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
I got some nice homemade cards. Although I need to work on smiling more two cards had my different "faces" and mad appeared on both FIRST. Of course happy, sad, laughing, etc., showed up by mad was first.

I have some work to do on my moods and what the kids see!

Got a very classy card from my wife and another cool card from my kids which made up for the handmade cards. It had HERO on the front.

I enjoyed several rounds of slap-jack, war and go fish with the kids while watching some of tv and hanging out in my room.

My wife made an excellent dinner (as always) and I enjoyed a few bottles of Boulevard ZON.

It was a good day - I love my kids (all 5 of them!).

RJ
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
one of those picture frames that you plug the memory card from your digital camera into and it shows all the pictures on it.

t-shirt w/my grandkids hand prints on the front. it's got bbq sauce on it too now.
sec

Hah, that's a quality fathers day shirt. Grandkid's hand prints AND barbecue sauce, that's a garment for a manly man.

bogie
06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I got some nice homemade cards. Although I need to work on smiling more two cards had my different "faces" and mad appeared on both FIRST. Of course happy, sad, laughing, etc., showed up by mad was first.

I have some work to do on my moods and what the kids see!

Got a very classy card from my wife and another cool card from my kids which made up for the handmade cards. It had HERO on the front.

I enjoyed several rounds of slap-jack, war and go fish with the kids while watching some of tv and hanging out in my room.

My wife made an excellent dinner (as always) and I enjoyed a few bottles of Boulevard ZON.

It was a good day - I love my kids (all 5 of them!).

I hope that someday my kid calls me HERO. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE A SUCCESS.

bogie
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM

sec

GRANDKIDS? GRANDKIDS! GRANDKIDS? I JUST WANT TO RAISE MY CHILD AND YOU'RE TALKING GRANDKIDS? GRANDKIDS!?

Hydrae
06-18-2007, 03:25 PM
My boys got me a new car stereo. Nothing fancy but after 2+ years with no working radio in the car at all, it is a wonderful thing!

Dallas Chief
06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I googled it. That is a good looking watch. I assume you're talking about the watch?
Yep! Got the Windrider Cockpit...

bogie
06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
My boys got me a new car stereo. Nothing fancy but after 2+ years with no working radio in the car at all, it is a wonderful thing!

Excellent gift. Did you have to give them some hints?

Dallas Chief
06-18-2007, 03:30 PM

Greatness.

bogie
06-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Yep! Got the Windrider Cockpit...

NICE! :drool:

DTLB58
06-18-2007, 04:28 PM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1628/chiefschairfio1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

DTLB58
06-18-2007, 04:29 PM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3766/chiefssandalstq7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

journeyscarab
06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3766/chiefssandalstq7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Are those comfy? I have a gift card I might use....

Phobia
06-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Breitling.

Best. Gift. Ever.
That's outstanding. I've always wanted one. In fact, I'd probably trade my Rolex for one.

Phobia
06-18-2007, 05:09 PM
My 4 YO daughter got me a pretty cool ratcheting screwdriver. She attended church with her Grandpa yesterday and when they started handing out the screwdrivers to the fathers, she asked if she could snag one for me. I thought that was cool.

DTLB58
06-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Are those comfy? I have a gift card I might use....

Not bad. I just have to get use to walking in them.

My son got them for me @ NFLshop.com They are Reeboks

Donger
06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I watched the boy hit his first 150 yard drive at the range, which was cool.

picasso
06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
My wife and kids bought me a Nitro bass boat, took it out Sunday for the first time with my 13 year old son and christened it by landing a hawg off a buzz bait. Taught my son how to use a baitcaster and showed him how cast into a tree or two. Also how to fix his own backlash. To many to count.
Greatest day ever!!!

Hydrae
06-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Excellent gift. Did you have to give them some hints?

Nope. My wife just had to convince them that they couldn't do this AND fix my AC. Since the AC requires replacement and will run $1000 (car is blue booked at $1500, yeah right), the stereo was the right decision. :D

bogie
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I watched the boy hit his first 150 yard drive at the range, which was cool.

5 year old? WOW!

Donger
06-18-2007, 06:52 PM
5 year old? WOW!

That's good, right? No bullsh*t, two old guys stopped and asked to have their picture taken with him.

bogie
06-18-2007, 07:02 PM
That's good, right? No bullsh*t, two old guys stopped and asked to have their picture taken with him.

I know you don't play, but you must know that that's very good. Yes?

Donger
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I know you don't play, but you must know that that's very good. Yes?

I assumed so, yes.

Mr. Plow
06-18-2007, 07:09 PM
I assumed so, yes.

To put it in perspective a little bit, my 8 year old can drive the ball 75-100 yards.

bogie
06-18-2007, 07:17 PM
To put it in perspective a little bit, my 8 year old can drive the ball 75-100 yards.

Also to put it into perspective, this 49 year old can drive it 250 if I absolutely ****ing NAIL it.

Donger
06-18-2007, 07:18 PM

Oh. That would explain the audience (again). He only hit one that far, mind you. The rest were all around 75-100. That includes the roll, right? He tried his wedge this time, too. Took a while, since he'd only hit his driver, but he liked that it went up higher.

He's really having a good time, and so am I.

bogie
06-18-2007, 07:19 PM

By the way, if your 8 year old can drive it 75 - 100 yards, that's awesome as well.

Mr. Plow
06-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Also to put it into perspective, this 49 year old can drive it 250 if I absolutely ****ing NAIL it.

I'm pretty consistently around 230/240 with 0 - I repeat ZERO roll. I bet I'm one of a very few that can put backspin on a driver.

bogie
06-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty consistently around 230/240 with 0 - I repeat ZERO roll. I bet I'm one of a very few that can put backspin on a driver.

Don't tee it up so high. It's the answer to everything. :)

Mr. Plow
06-18-2007, 07:25 PM
By the way, if your 8 year old can drive it 75 - 100 yards, that's awesome as well.

Is it? I've never been quite sure how far he should be able to hit it. I've always been impressed, but I've never known how he compares to others his age.

He's in golf lessons now. Some of the other kids can hit it that far as well, so I never knew if he was doing well or doing what he was everyone his age - or nearly everyone his age - could do.

I've always been impressed, but maybe that's because I can't hit a damn straight shot with my driver.

Mr. Plow
06-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Don't tee it up so high. It's the answer to everything. :)

It's freakin' crazy. The ball will hit the fairway and just stop. I get like 2 yards of roll. Pisses me off. I think a lot of it has to do with my natural slice that I can't get rid of.

bogie
06-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Is it? I've never been quite sure how far he should be able to hit it. I've always been impressed, but I've never known how he compares to others his age.

He's in golf lessons now. Some of the other kids can hit it that far as well, so I never knew if he was doing well or doing what he was everyone his age - or nearly everyone his age - could do.

I've always been impressed, but maybe that's because I can't hit a damn straight shot with my driver.

I would think at 8 you should be looking at his swing more than his distance, do you think? Also, consistency. Can he consistently hit it 75 - 100? I can only judge from what I see at the range. What I see, 75 - 100 for an 8 year old seems pretty good to me. Imagine how good you would be if you could have hit it consistently clean at 8 years old. I would be on tour (I wish :) ) But, as I'm sure you know, just make sure he's having fun. I have a 9 year old daughter and as much as I've tried, she doesn't give a shit about playing golf.

bogie
06-18-2007, 07:40 PM
It's freakin' crazy. The ball will hit the fairway and just stop. I get like 2 yards of roll. Pisses me off. I think a lot of it has to do with my natural slice that I can't get rid of.

As long as you can keep it in the fairway. I recently gained a few yards by trying to keep my lower body quiet. I imagine I'm standing in a barrel. As soon as I make my full turn, I pull the trigger. It's helped me quite a bit with my slice. And I need all the help I can get.

Mr. Plow
06-18-2007, 08:20 PM
I would think at 8 you should be looking at his swing more than his distance, do you think? Also, consistency. Can he consistently hit it 75 - 100? I can only judge from what I see at the range. What I see, 75 - 100 for an 8 year old seems pretty good to me. Imagine how good you would be if you could have hit it consistently clean at 8 years old. I would be on tour (I wish :) ) But, as I'm sure you know, just make sure he's having fun. I have a 9 year old daughter and as much as I've tried, she doesn't give a shit about playing golf.

His swing seems decent to me, but he always tries to hit the ball to damn hard.....like his dad. He has a smooth stroke which is what I've always watched and which is why I probably felt he was doing well. Not a lot of stutter or "stopping in the middle of his swing".

Mr. Plow
06-18-2007, 08:24 PM
As long as you can keep it in the fairway. I recently gained a few yards by trying to keep my lower body quiet. I imagine I'm standing in a barrel. As soon as I make my full turn, I pull the trigger. It's helped me quite a bit with my slice. And I need all the help I can get.

I used to have a banana slice......left side of the fairway to the right rough. I used to aim left. I slowly worked it out by moving the ball in my stance, moving my club face, trying different things. I know I can hit the ball straight because I did it last year....this year, not so much off the tee.

Funny thing about golf.....I hit off the tee terribly all day today. On 17, I drove to about 155 out, deep rough, behind a small tree with no real clear shot at the green. Normally a 7/8 iron, I pull out my 5 because it was pretty buried. Some how, I put the thing within 2 foot of the pin. I didn't even see it until I got up there.

Dallas Chief
06-18-2007, 10:03 PM
That's outstanding. I've always wanted one. In fact, I'd probably trade my Rolex for one.
It's pretty awesome, considering the best thing I have worn up until now was a $200 Seiko that I won at work. This be it...

Dallas Chief
06-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I am a total materialistic creep. The best gift is what the stork left us on 6/4/07...

Phobia
06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
It's pretty awesome, considering the best thing I have worn up until now was a $200 Seiko that I won at work. This be it...

I was a watch whore a few years back. I about $10k in watches for a while (which is nothing). I still have the Rolex - which I never even wear. My daily wearer is Tag Heuer Link that I love. The others are more practical, cheaper watches.

bogie
06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I am a total materialistic creep. The best gift is what the stork left us on 6/4/07...

What a beautiful child. Angelic. Congratulations.

RJ
06-19-2007, 10:59 AM

That's a beautiful picture, Dallas.

Dallas Chief
06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
That's a beautiful picture, Dallas.
Thanks RJ! The picture doesn't do him justice. He was almost 22" long and weighed 10lbs. 8 oz., and he's not fat at all.

My boss has nick named him Brunswick... ROFL

El Jefe
06-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks RJ! The picture doesn't do him justice. He was almost 22" long and weighed 10lbs. 8 oz., and he's not fat at all.

My boss has nick named him Brunswick... ROFL

Wow that is one huge baby, he could be a pretty big boy when he gets done growing.

bogie
06-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow that is one huge baby, he could be a pretty big boy when he gets done growing.

You should name him Spalding. That way, when he grows up and becomes a major leaguer, he won't have to autograph so many baseballs.