PDA

View Full Version : LJ has something to prove.....

Ugly Duck
06-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Fifteen players with something to prove

#1 Larry Johnson, RB, Kansas City: Johnson has three years left on his current deal, but the contract can be voided at the end of the 2007 season. The Penn State product would like a contract extension, but the Chiefs don't seem too keen on the idea because of his age (28 in November) and the fact that he carried the football an NFL-record 416 times last season. As a result, L.J. should be motivated to produce monster numbers in the event that he becomes a free agent.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/10229764

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Joe Carini has shown him the way. The Blade returns, sharpened.

Direckshun
06-18-2007, 09:05 PM
I completely agree.

I hope the Chiefs rope him in for a long time. But it's going to cost us dearly.

Ugly Duck
06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
If Hairy Johnson blows up this season, he can go for the big bucks somewhere else. If he just does OK, he's just another cudda been.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Whatever. He already blew up two seasons in a row. If he blows up again this year he'll probably be signed anyway. And if not, franchise tag.

Ugly Duck
06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Whatever. He already blew up two seasons in a row. Yeah... but if he also blows up behind a decrepid old has-been line like you'll field this year, with Brobie Coil as QB - other teams will be willing to pay for him. Carl won't.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Our line is better than it was last year. And again you seem to ignore the franchise tag. He's going to sign a long-term deal anyway...you're just hoping he moves out of the division.

Ugly Duck
06-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Our line is better than it was last year.

Shields- gone. Roaf - 2x gone. So now you're better? Okay.....

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Shields- gone. Roaf - 2x gone. So now you're better? Okay.....

Hey, guess what? Tim Grunhard and Dave Szott are gone, too. There are such things as OTHER PLAYERS.

There's no question our line is better right now than it was a year ago. It's not even close. We might have had the worst pair of OTs in the league a year ago - and in a league with the Raiders, that's saying quite a bit.

Ugly Duck
06-18-2007, 09:58 PM
There's no question our line is better right now than it was a year ago. No question? OK. I'll believe you till I see them play without that dullard Shields dragging them down.

BWillie
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I heard that the contract guideline for anybody has to be wrapped up by August 15th, is that true? I don't think you can negotiate deals anymore during the season, it was put in place so that guys wouldn't hold out as much.

If I was Larry, I would hold out anyway. Come back the 10th game, still be considered a full season in the NFL's eyes so he could still get his pension. LJ has got to try to get as much money wrapped up in a contract as possible in case he gets hurt. The shelf life of a running back just isn't what it used to be. It's just a business decision, and I couldn't fault him one bit for holding out. He's the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the league making 1.8 mill or so.

On the other hand, I would have no problems with the Chiefs not extending Larry's contract, franchise tagging him for next year, and then letting him walk when he's 30. Carl rewarded guys like LJ with long term deals like Priest Holmes and Trent Green. Priest did well for a while, then got injuried, and now sits at home eating donuts while we pay him. We got lucky to get rid of Trent's contract to Miami. I don't know what direction I'd vote right now, but I'm leaning towards taking my chances and letting him hold out. Regardless, he's going to play at least seven games for the Chiefs next year, and if he holds out we don't even have to pay him for the games he misses. It's not like we are going to go anywhere next year. Looks like 9 and 7 is the VERY BEST we can hope for. If we didn't have LJ for a few games at the beginning of the season we could figure out how good the rook, Ross, and our other RB options are.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
No question? OK. I'll believe you till I see them play without that dullard Shields dragging them down.

You're completely missing the point. Shields will be missed, but he wasn't his dominant self of the past last year. We have a quality replacement at guard in John Welbourn stepping in for him this year - he started a TON of games at guard on a very good Philly line a few years ago.

Meanwhile we VASTLY upgraded our two offensive tackle positions.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I don't know what direction I'd vote right now, but I'm leaning towards taking my chances and lettingh im hold out.

He's not going to hold out. He completely ****s himself over if he holds out. He can't void the last two years of his contract and he loses a ton of money.

BWillie
06-18-2007, 10:03 PM
He's not going to hold out. He completely ****s himself over if he holds out. He can't void the last two years of his contract and he loses a ton of money.

I agree with you. I don't think he'll hold out either, but there would be a chance. He wouldn't risk long term injury, and in the public's eyes he would be less "used". It would cut his 425 carries to like 300 even if he just held out a few games for shits and giggles. NOw that I think about it, If I was LJ, and I was not paid. I would not sit out 10 games, but probably the first four, just to show I mean business and to cause some stir within the league, all the while not taxing a full season on my body.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree with you. I don't think he'll hold out either, but there would be a chance. He wouldn't risk long term injury, and in the public's eyes he would be less "used". It would cut his 425 carries to like 300 even if he just held out a few games for shits and giggles. NOw that I think about it, If I was LJ, and I was not paid. I would not sit out 10 games, but probably the first four, just to show I mean business and to cause some stir within the league, all the while not taxing a full season on my body.

Look. He's not going to hold out. It's not happening. Put it out of your mind right now. The only way LJ holds out is if he suddenly develops extreme masochistic tendencies.

Ugly Duck
06-18-2007, 10:08 PM
If I was LJ, and I was not paid. I would not sit out 10 games, but probably the first four, just to show I mean business and to cause some stir within the league, all the while not taxing a full season on my body.I like this guy! Somebody get him a job in the front office!

RealSNR
06-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I like this guy! Somebody get him a job in the front office!Jafartcus Russell is a wiener and is dumber than a bag of dildos!

Easy 6
06-19-2007, 06:54 AM
JaMarcus "Kurt" Russell is SO dumb, he once rubbed lipstick all over his forehead so he could makeup his mind.

Reerun_KC
06-19-2007, 06:58 AM
JaMarcus "Kurt" Russell is SO dumb, he once rubbed lipstick all over his forehead so he could makeup his mind.

ROFL, That was terrible! ROFL

Ugly Duck
06-19-2007, 07:43 AM
QB Wonderlic scores:

24 Jamarcus Russell, Raiders
24 Brodie Croyle, Chiefs

Easy 6
06-19-2007, 07:48 AM
QB Wonderlic scores:

29 John Elway, Donks
28 Peyton Manning, Colts
22 Bret Favre, Packers
18 Daunte Culpepper, Vikings
16 Elvis Grbac, Chiefs

24 = The number of times Al Davis will limp into the camp lockerroom & ask that JaMarcus remove his towel & give him a back-straddling "rubdown".

htismaqe
06-19-2007, 07:53 AM
No question? OK. I'll believe you till I see them play without that dullard Shields dragging them down.

Chiefs - Shields - Black >>>> Chiefs + Shields + Black

Ugly Duck
06-19-2007, 08:08 AM
QB Wonderlic scores:

24 Brodie Croyle, Chiefs

Our QB & your QB scored exactly the same on the IQ test. Chiefan logic:

"A score of 24 means you're dumb as a post!"

"A score of 24 means you're sharp as a whip!"

Duuuhhhhh......

Hydrae
06-19-2007, 10:28 AM
QB Wonderlic scores:

24 Brodie Croyle, Chiefs

Our QB & your QB scored exactly the same on the IQ test. Chiefan logic:

"A score of 24 means you're dumb as a post!"

"A score of 24 means you're sharp as a whip!"

Duuuhhhhh......

So whips are smarter than posts? :hmmm:

Braincase
06-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Raiders? You mean the players that whined and bitched to the NFLPA about practices being too hard?

"Dear Mr. Upshaw,

The new coach of the Raiders is really interfering with our charity work by making us do wierd stuff, like stretching and lifting weights, as well as learning all the plays in our playbook. Granted, the new playbooks are easier to work with, now with the connect-the-dots and brand new colors, but Mr. Lane is making us do wind-sprints if we color outside the lines. WIll you do something about this? If I can't work with my charity, nobody is going to buy my Jock Sturgis tribute photo album.

P.S. Can you get Larry Johnson to ease up a bit. He's been kind of hard on us, and we're getting really tired of getting swept by the Chiefs year after year after year after year."

StcChief
06-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Raiders? You mean the players that whined and bitched to the NFLPA about practices being too hard?

"Dear Mr. Upshaw,

The new coach of the Raiders is really interfering with our charity work by making us do wierd stuff, like stretching and lifting weights, as well as learning all the plays in our playbook. Granted, the new playbooks are easier to work with, now with the connect-the-dots and brand new colors, but Mr. Lane is making us do wind-sprints if we color outside the lines. WIll you do something about this? If I can't work with my charity, nobody is going to buy my Jock Sturgis tribute photo album.

P.S. Can you get Larry Johnson to ease up a bit. He's been kind of hard on us, and we're getting really tired of getting swept by the Chiefs year after year after year after year."

and the slaughter continues 10/21/2007 in Chokeland. Run angry LJ.