PDA

View Full Version : HD Telelvision: Off,On or Blank

Mr. Laz
06-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm trying to take care of my HD television and i was wonder which would be better for it's shelf life.

(you're leaving for a short time ...... say to go eat for 30-ish minutes or something and then you're coming right back to watch it again.)

1. Turn it off .... Turn it back on

2. Leave it on the entire time to avoid the initial startup

3. Leave it on but turn the input off so the screen is blank

which is better, considering the more pronounced power up with an HD TV?

ExtremeChief
06-19-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm trying to take care of my HD television and i was wonder which would be better for it's shelf life.

(you're leaving for a short time ...... say to go eat for 30-ish minutes or something and then you're coming right back to watch it again.)

1. Turn it off .... Turn it back on

2. Leave it on the entire time to avoid the initial startup

3. Leave it on but turn the input off so the screen is blank

which is better, considering the more pronounced power up with an HD TV?

I would say it depends on whether it's a plasma, lcd, or projection. I've got a plasma and turn it off most of the time because of the heat it puts out and the fact that they will fade over time with use, not necessarily age.

ExtremeChief
06-19-2007, 06:09 PM
http://www.flatpaneltv.org/article/flat-panel-tv-shopping-and-tips/the-lifespan-of-plasma-lcd-and-other-flat-panel-tvs.html

Mr. Laz
06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I would say it depends on whether it's a plasma, lcd, or projection. I've got a plasma and turn it off most of the time because of the heat it puts out and the fact that they will fade over time with use, not necessarily age.
LCD