PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here heard of a OK City Bombing threat for tommorow?

PastorMikH
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Guy in our Church called a few min ago and said there was a guy threatening to set off a bomb in OKC tommorow. He said the guy had tapped into 930am and was broadcasting on that channel about his threat.

I'm trying to find out if its legit or a bunch of people getting worked up on rumors but haven't found anything at all about it on the Internet.

pikesome
06-19-2007, 09:07 PM
The way the media likes to short stroke news like that? I'd go with a rumor.

FAX
06-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm streaming the news, Mr. PastorMikH and haven't heard anything about it. Where did your friend say he learned about this?

FAX

Bugeater
06-19-2007, 09:11 PM
No kidding. Greta Van Susteran would already be broadcasting live on location if it were true.

KcMizzou
06-19-2007, 09:14 PM
If I were gonna bomb something, I wouldn't call in a threat.

pikesome
06-19-2007, 09:15 PM
No kidding. Greta Van Susteran would already be broadcasting live on location if it were true.

Only after she pile-drived Katie Couric and flying-suplexed Brian Williams to get the spot.

FAX
06-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Only after she pile-drived Katie Couric and flying-suplexed Brian Williams to get the spot.

ROFL

FAX

PastorMikH
06-19-2007, 09:17 PM

They heard about it from someone else then tuned into the station and heard the guy themselves. I tried to get the radio station when I got home but only got static but is was late enough that some AM stations would have been off the air by then.

Bugeater
06-19-2007, 09:21 PM
They heard about it from someone else then tuned into the station and heard the guy themselves. I tried to get the radio station when I got home but only got static but is was late enough that some AM stations would have been off the air by then.
How long ago did this allegedly happen? I would think someone tapping into a radio station making threats like that would be national news rather quickly.

PastorMikH
06-19-2007, 09:26 PM
How long ago did this allegedly happen? I would think someone tapping into a radio station making threats like that would be national news rather quickly.

They heard about it an hour or two ago.

I was hoping to find something that could either prove or disprove. I wished there was a snopes for non-internet rumors and such.

:)

greg63
06-19-2007, 09:31 PM

Sure hope your right.

If I were gonna bomb something, I wouldn't call in a threat.

That's assuming the bomber in question is "typical".

DenverChief
06-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I tried to get the radio station when I got home

Radio in the car don't work? I'd keep my ear open I don't think this would hit the media as fast as some might think....did your friend call law enforcement to report this?

JBucc
06-19-2007, 09:36 PM
That's assuming the bomber in question is "typical".You mean he's.......ATYPICAL!!??? God help us all.....

PastorMikH
06-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Radio in the car don't work? I'd keep my ear open I don't think this would hit the media as fast as some might think....did your friend call law enforcement to report this?

Whomever they first heard from said that the FBI was already supposd to be looking into it. As for them reporting it, I doubt it.

FAX
06-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Hmmm. I just switched to KTOK and, just as it loaded, the announcer said, "... now we resume our regularly scheduled program".

That sounded a little wierd to me. They don't normally say that following a commercial break.

FAX

FAX
06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
They just cut back to the news. Apparently, they're having some weather out there and that's what they were talking about. No mention of a bomb threat.

FAX

DenverChief
06-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Here is the dealio folks...it would have to be heard by someone in authority or someone in the media to be in the media already...how many people would be listening to this station if it was off the air already and some yahoo decided to break into the station and broadcast this non-sense? or if he just borrowed the freq from his home.....anyway if it did happen it may take a while for it to come out if at all

ChiefsFire
06-19-2007, 10:07 PM
They heard about it an hour or two ago.

I was hoping to find something that could either prove or disprove. I wished there was a snopes for non-internet rumors and such.

WPI?

RINGLEADER
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
I remember twenty or so years ago when a guy dressed as Max Headroom cut into the Chicago public television station and spanked his ass with a fly swatter. That was funny.

FAX
06-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I remember twenty or so years ago when a guy dressed as Max Headroom cut into the Chicago public television station and spanked his ass with a fly swatter. That was funny.

ROFL

Awesome.

FAX

big nasty kcnut
06-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Believer was on tv in Chicago.

"Bob" Dobbs
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Apparently there's a format change in the works at 930 in OKC; There has been a countdown to the new format running for a few days.
http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index.php/topic,73653.0.html

StcChief
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Sounds like a good plan.

"Bob" Dobbs
06-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Here's a link to an mp3 of part of the countdown/stunt: http://www.walkerbroadcasting.com/wkyam930.mp3

Ultra Peanut
06-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Apparently there's a format change in the works at 930 in OKC; There has been a countdown to the new format running for a few days.
http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index.php/topic,73653.0.htmlITERATION:
One
Five
One
Eight
Zero
Nine
One

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OnDYssFcNxc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OnDYssFcNxc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PastorMikH
06-20-2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index.php/topic,73653.0.html

Thanks, I caught that this morning. The wife caught the station today while the clock was still counting down. By the time I got in the van the station was going. Sports radio format.

I did not see that guy in church tonight, I need to call him and give him a hard time about it. I was hoping to find something last night though to pass on to them so they wouldn't worry all night.