PDA

View Full Version : Car Mechanics rant. :banghead:

PastorMikH
06-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Two threads in one day - I wonder if someone will want to ban me for starting too many threads.

Took my Chevy Astro in today for some warranty work. It's been leaking power steering fluid and the pump was squealing. I have about 5k of miles left before the warranty is expired so I figured I'd let the dealer work on it.

I get a call at 11:30 verifying that my power steering pump is going out and the extended warranty will pay for it. The sales manager then proceeds to tell me that my entire fuel system is dirty but they have a specially trained teck and a special machine that can clean all of it for $130. I decline. He then tells me the mechanic noticed my air filter was really dirty and did I want it replaced. I told him that the air filter was just a couple of months old and was a K&N high performance lifetime filter that was rather costly and that I did NOT want it replaced. After the call I kept thinking about how odd that was.

Fast forward to 6 pm. Dealer is closing and the van has just gotten done. I get it home and out of curiosity I popped the hood to look things over. The air filter thing is still bothering me so I check it. The $50 K&N filter is gone and a dirty paper filter is in it's place - there's grains of sand between the paper folds.

I am planning on going to see the service manager tommorow to find out what he has to say about it.

What makes me madder is that they dealership in the past has taken care of me and I have reffered others to them. I can't help but wonder if they are taking others too.

jjjayb
06-19-2007, 09:51 PM
The sales manager then proceeds to tell me that my entire fuel system is dirty but they have a specially trained teck and a special machine that can clean all of it for $130.

Well there's your problem right there. Don't let the sales manager work on your car.

Brock
06-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Getting my K & N stolen would piss me off.