PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Wikipedia Understands

Direckshun
06-20-2007, 11:11 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Black_%28football_player%29

Brian Jordan Black (born January 28, 1980 in Rowlett, Texas) is an American football player who currently plays tackle for the Houston Texans. He played in 43 games for the University of Notre Dame, starting 42 of those contests. Black was drafted in the 2003 NFL Draft by Kansas City. On March 8, 2007, the Texans signed Black.

Black attended Dallas Christian School in Mesquite, TX from 1985-1998, during which time the team won multiple Texas State championships.

Black's nickname during his time in Kansas City was "I-65" because "you could drive 4 lanes of trucks thru his pass blocks."

KurtCobain
06-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Damn right.

06-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Ok, which one of the Planeteers posted that to his profile. Excellent.

KurtCobain
06-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Chiefs Planet needs a Wikipage.

morphius
06-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Someone tried not to long ago to add us to wikipedia, but they denied it.

KurtCobain
06-20-2007, 11:21 PM

bastards

06-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Maybe Fraz should write it.

pikesome
06-20-2007, 11:24 PM

How many sports boards have been around as long as CP? Can't be too many.

DaFace
06-20-2007, 11:28 PM

This isn't quite what you're talking about, but I think we need to have an actually Wiki about ChiefsPlanet. It'd be cool to have a central location for the lexicon, biographies of posters, history of the Planet, etc.

88TG88
06-20-2007, 11:55 PM
If Rain Man writes the page they'll have no choice but to accept it.

TinyEvel
06-20-2007, 11:59 PM
are you sure we're not listed under this?

Antifreeze

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Antifreeze (disambiguation).
Antifreeze is used in internal combustion engines, and for many other heat transfer applications, such as electronics cooling and chillers for HVAC. Compounds are added to water to reduce the freezing point of the mixture to below the lowest temperature that the system is likely to be exposed to, and to inhibit corrosion in cooling systems which often contain a range of electrochemically incompatible metals (aluminum, cast iron, copper, lead solder, etc.). The term 'colligative agent' is to be preferred as, in warm climates, the benefit of these compounds is to increase the boiling point of the coolant, which should then be more properly referred to as 'anti-boil', and as anti-freeze decreases and increases both properties, respectively, 'colligative agent' more accurately describes the liquid. The term 'engine coolant' is widely used in industry.
Contents
[hide]
1 Antifreeze Agents
1.1 Methanol
1.2 Ethylene Glycol
1.3 Propylene Glycol
2 Other Developments
3 References
4 Further reading
[edit]Antifreeze Agents

[edit]

Other Developments

Antifreeze Poisoning

(hyperlink which leads to this.....)

Antifreeze poisoning kills some 10,000 pets every year. The culprit is ethylene glycol, which is traditionally the primary ingredient in most brands of automotive antifreezes.

Ethylene glycol has an appealing smell and sweet taste; unfortunately, it is also a deadly toxin that can kill in very small doses. As little as one teaspoon of antifreeze can be lethal to a cat; for a 20-pound dog, it would take less than a tablespoonful. The result is that animals who happen upon even small spills of antifreeze often suffer an agonizing death. And it's not only domestic animals who fall prey; children are sometimes affected as well, as are countless wild animals.

The real tragedy is that antifreeze poisoning is entirely preventable. Today, there are several brands of antifreeze based on propylene glycol, which is much less toxic than ethylene glycol and has the advantage of being bitter-tasting as well. And there's even better hope for the future: The Antifreeze Bittering Act of 2005 would require that a bittering agent be added to all antifreeze sold in the United States. Three states have already passed such legislation locally, but if this federal act makes it into law, antifreeze poisoning could become a thing of the past nationwide.

BWillie
06-21-2007, 12:01 AM

This is the best board on the face of the planet, and I've seen many. Mainly because we do not have communist mods, which helps immensely.

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 12:06 AM
What's so wrong with communism!?

IT IS THE PEOPLE'S MONEY.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1wG9g1wjSA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1wG9g1wjSA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Direckshun
08-01-2008, 07:12 PM
This isn't quite what you're talking about, but I think we need to have an actually Wiki about ChiefsPlanet. It'd be cool to have a central location for the lexicon, biographies of posters, history of the Planet, etc.
When do we get on that?

shaneo69
08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
If anything, Jordan Black probably overachieved by lasting 5 years in the league, since he was just a 5th rounder. He was probably a better pick than most of Carl's 2nd rounders, and he was at the very least better than the 4th rounder that year, Brett Williams.

DaFace
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
When do we get on that?

Bring back DraftPlanet?

As a serious answer, I'm not sure. I found a commercial product out there that integrates directly with vBulletin, but it was $70 or so. If anyone is interested enough and can find a freebie to try out, I'd be glad to try and get it up and running. I'm not all that familiar with the options that are out there, frankly.

Direckshun
08-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Bring back DraftPlanet?

As a serious answer, I'm not sure. I found a commercial product out there that integrates directly with vBulletin, but it was $70 or so. If anyone is interested enough and can find a freebie to try out, I'd be glad to try and get it up and running. I'm not all that familiar with the options that are out there, frankly.
I have it on high authority that bringing back DraftPlanet is completely free.

DaFace
08-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I have it on high authority that bringing back DraftPlanet is completely free.

Heh...probably true.

And for what it's worth, this is the one I was looking at. It's $45 - not $70.

http://www.nuhit.com/nuwiki/features.html

SBK
08-01-2008, 08:17 PM
With all the time the guy spent in highschool (13 years) you'd think he'd have gotten a little more experience playing on the line.

AustinChief
08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
If no one cares that it isn't integrated in VBulletin... I can have PHP Wiki installed by tomorrow... If you want an integrated version, let me know and I will look around...

--Kyle

P.S. someone will have to volunteer to administer the damn thing....

DaFace
08-01-2008, 08:23 PM
If no one cares that it isn't integrated in VBulletin... I can have PHP Wiki installed by tomorrow... If you want an integrated version, let me know and I will look around...

--Kyle

The advantage of the nuWiki thing is that it uses the existing vB forum structure (we just start a "forum" that contains the wiki pages), and the editor, BB codes, etc. are all the same.

I think if we're gonna do it, it should be integrated so that people who aren't all that tech savvy can figure it out pretty easily IMO. I'd certainly pitch in for it if you think that one looks decent.

DaFace
08-01-2008, 08:29 PM
If anyone is in the mood to play with their demo, I've registered under "chiefsplanet" and password "lamarhunt".

Direckshun
08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
If anyone is in the mood to play with their demo, I've registered under "chiefsplanet" and password "lamarhunt".
Can you provide us some sort of step-by-step instructions?

Would appreciate it.

Great idea, by the way.

eta: Bring back DraftPlanet.

chiefs1111
08-02-2008, 02:39 AM
I am surprised Jordan Black even has a Wikipedia page.......

chiefs1111
08-02-2008, 02:40 AM
did he ever get picked up by anyone after being released from Houston?

Smed1065
08-02-2008, 03:18 AM
There is a draft forum?

SPchief
08-02-2008, 03:32 AM

--Kyle

deal?