PDA

View Full Version : If Someone Accidentally Shot Your Dog

FAX
06-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I've read with great interest many of the recent and various pet-ownership threads and am aware that many Planeteers love their pets dearly. I know that, in my case, my dogs are like a real hairy part of the family that walk around on all fours.

Anyway, I was just sitting around thinking about dire, horrific, and cataclysmic events and such and a thought crossed my mind; if someone accidentaly shot your dog, or cat, or goldfish, or rare, pet Giant Toad, would you demand that they pay for a new dog, or cat, or whatever? Or, would you forgive them and say, "That's okay. It could happen to anyone."?

On the one hand, it's a bad deal for everybody (including the offender, because he or she probably feels pretty bad), but on the other hand, maybe the perp needs to make good. But, on the other hand, it's not like a dog can be replaced like a fridge or something.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Mr. Plow
06-21-2007, 12:54 PM
How many hands do you have?

DMAC
Well, you would have to shoot their dog.

Then, both parties feel bad for the same reasons.

InChiefsHeaven
I love my dog dearly. If someone accidentally shot the dog (and I can't imagine a scenario where that would happen) I would be distraught, but you can't replace the dog with money.

...now a case of Wild Turkey on the other hand...

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 12:56 PM
I would probably just want the guy to go away nothing he does would make me feel better..... well almost nothing

*Unzips pants*

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 01:00 PM
My next door neighbors have an Akita. Last night, I was out playing fetch with my dog, a 60 pound mutt. Someone comes over to my neighbor's place, leaves the door open, and the Akita immediately sprints over to my dog to attack her, despite the fact that she was laying down.

Once the offending dog tried to make its move I yanked the back of its collar like I was starting a lawnmower.

I'm getting sick of this shit. That's the third time that my dog has been attacked despite no provocation (and it's not like she can't handle herself, but she's also not 130 pound fighting dog).

If it happens again, I'm going Dan Dority on that Akita's skull, and I won't feel bad about it.

FAX
06-21-2007, 01:00 PM
I would probably just want the guy to go away nothing he does would make me feel better..... well almost nothing

*Unzips pants*

That may be a little extreme, Mr. Demonpenz.

Although it's certainly true that getting the person to shoot your dick would take your mind off your loss, perhaps a couple of beers would be a better idea.

FAX

InChiefsHeaven
06-21-2007, 01:01 PM
My next door neighbors have an Akita. Last night, I was out playing fetch with my dog, a 60 pound mutt. Someone comes over to my neighbor's place, leaves the door open, and the Akita immediately sprints over to my dog to attack her, despite the fact that she was laying down.

Once the offending dog tried to make its move I yanked the back of its collar like I was starting a lawnmower.

I'm getting sick of this shit. That's the third time that my dog has been attacked despite no provocation (and it's not like she can't handle herself, but she's also not 130 pound fighting dog).

If it happens again, I'm going Dan Dority on that Akita's skull, and I won't feel bad about it.

Call the cops?

bogie
All of my animals are rescue. I would not want financial compensation, however, I do want a sincere apology.

InChiefsHeaven

Although it's certainly true that getting the person to shoot your dick would take your mind off your loss, perhaps a couple of beers would be a better idea.

FAX

ROFL ROFL ROFL Not enough rep in the world...

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
HOLY SHIT hahahahaha

Simplex3
06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Call the cops?
I'm thinking a call to animal control is in order. The next time that dog gets out it would be tied up in my yard, waiting for it's trip to the pound.

Simplex3
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM

FAX
Damnit, why would you stop that guy of all people from disabling his reproductive capabilities?

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM

*Unzips pants*

I've got two letters for you: "E,U!"

Duck Dog
06-21-2007, 01:12 PM
My reaction would be directly related to the circumstances. Was it an accident, an act of foolishness, malice? My reaction would definitely differ.

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Accidentally shot?

I've shot alot of things, but none of them "accidentally".

I've had dogs shot for chasing neighbors cows or something, and they've got the right to do so if I'm not controling my dog.

If your dog is bothering someone else's property, attacking their pet or chasing their livestock, its nuissance pest that deserves what happens.

As for Hamatrix's dog.....maybe its the 30lbs of dogshit in the yard that drew the attack.

seclark
06-21-2007, 01:17 PM
if it was my lab, i'd want paid.
if it was my f@ckin bulldog, i'd pay him.
sec

FAX
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
My reaction would be directly related to the circumstances. Was it an accident, an act of foolishness, malice? My reaction would definitely differ.

I was thinking in terms of an accident, Mr. Duck Dog. Maybe where the guy was unloading on an inordinately large, rabid bunny when the dog jumped into the line of fire.

Were it a case of premeditation or malice, I would certainly go after the person for a lot more than the cost of the dog.

FAX

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Our new neighbor once shot our dog "dummy".

Of course, "dummy" had been following a tractor and bar mower around the hay field catching mice and baby rabbits and Jumped over the bar in front of the cutting sycle and had all of his legs cut off and had flopped across the road to their field.

Fish
06-21-2007, 01:22 PM

Of course, "dummy" had been following a tractor and bar mower around the hay field catching mice and baby rabbits and Jumped over the bar in front of the cutting sycle and had all of his legs cut off and had flopped across the road to their field.

So..... how'd the dog get his name?

FAX
06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
ROFL

Holy Belly Crawl.

So, if a guy accidentally cuts off all your dogs legs ...

FAX

HemiEd
06-21-2007, 01:26 PM

so it wouldn't be an accident, right?

Duck Dog
06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
I was thinking in terms of an accident, Mr. Duck Dog. Maybe where the guy was unloading on an inordinately large, rabid bunny when the dog jumped into the line of fire.

Were it a case of premeditation or malice, I would certainly go after the person for a lot more than the cost of the dog.

FAX

It's still hard to say what I'd do once the initial shock wore off. If the accident were caused by foolishness or an unsafe act, I'd be tempted to try and recoup some costs. I doubt the money I have into my dogs would ever be recovered and that is thousands of $'s.

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 01:28 PM
So..... how'd the dog get his name?

Repeated head on collisions with a steel mailbox post.

We lived on a corner on a gravel road and he'd chase cars along the edge of the grass as they went bye and BLAM!

My favorite dog, Roy the wondermut also had many collisions with the same mailbox.

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
If someone shot my dog I would definitely want compensation for him and would be tempted to shoot the person that did it.

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
It wasn't a guy....My mama happend to be mowing that field. It was only 10-12 acres next to the house and I think it got her away from the noise of her children who were likely reading aristotle at the time.

That, or we were off working with dad, which is why she had the neighbor off Ole Dummy, instead of one of us.

ROFL

Holy Belly Crawl.

So, if a guy accidentally cuts off all your dogs legs ...

FAX

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Damnit, why would you stop that guy of all people from disabling his reproductive capabilities?

I haven't read a book in awhile but I think you would have to shoot my to emu boys down there for that to happen. I imagine even if i had my dick shoot off I could still leak enough to have injected with a turkey baster or something

FAX
06-21-2007, 01:32 PM
It's still hard to say what I'd do once the initial shock wore off. If the accident were caused by foolishness or an unsafe act, I'd be tempted to try and recoup some costs. I doubt the money I have into my dogs would ever be recovered and that is thousands of $'s.

I agree that it's a tough question, Mr. Duck Dog. On the one hand, a dog is property. But, on the other hand it's far more than that to most owners. And, on that pesky other hand that was inadvertently surgically attached after the horrific cutting sycle incident, there's the overall question of responsibility on the part of the shooter.

I think I would ask the person to consider paying for the dog and any left over dog food and supplies. But, if he didn't fork over the cash, I'd let it go.

FAX

Bill Lundberg
06-21-2007, 01:38 PM
My father in law had one of his bird dogs shot by his best friend. A low flying pheasant got up and the guy didn't see the dog shot it by accident. The dog had to be put down. The FIL was pretty upset but just due to the loss, he felt just as bad for his friend who was pretty shook up. The buddy bought him a new pup a couple of months later.

greg63
06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
I would forgive them and then send them a bill for a new very expensive replacement pet. :D

FAX
06-21-2007, 01:41 PM
It wasn't a guy....My mama happend to be mowing that field. It was only 10-12 acres next to the house and I think it got her away from the noise of her children who were likely reading aristotle at the time.

That, or we were off working with dad, which is why she had the neighbor off Ole Dummy, instead of one of us.

You know, it's amazing really, Mr. Iowanian, how things have changed since moving off the farm. In those days, something like this would be just another unfortunate but natural event in the course of things. But, here in the suburbs, if a dog with no legs were found to be dragging its bloody torso down the street, it would be both scandalous and newsworthy.

FAX

MOhillbilly
06-21-2007, 01:43 PM

call animal control everytime the offending dog gets out.

seclark
06-21-2007, 01:43 PM
You know, it's amazing really, Mr. Iowanian, how things have changed since moving off the farm. In those days, something like this would be just another unfortunate but natural event in the course of things. But, here in the suburbs, if a dog with no legs were found to be dragging its bloody torso down the street, it would be both scandalous and newsworthy.

FAX
if the dog had no legs, wouldn't it have to roll down the street?
sec

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 01:44 PM
that sucks that someone had to shoot the dog. I would have just gave him my skateboard to get around.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Accidentally shot?

I've shot alot of things, but none of them "accidentally".

I've had dogs shot for chasing neighbors cows or something, and they've got the right to do so if I'm not controling my dog.

If your dog is bothering someone else's property, attacking their pet or chasing their livestock, its nuissance pest that deserves what happens.

As for Hamatrix's dog.....maybe its the 30lbs of dogshit in the yard that drew the attack.

Thanks for the warm sentiments. Jesus you're a f*cking asshole.

If it isn't accusing someone of murder its wishing harm on someone else's family pet.

Seriously, get over yourself, or put me on iggy. I really don't care which, but be sure to go f*ck yourself first, professional nothing.

FAX
06-21-2007, 01:47 PM
sec

From Mr. Iowanian's account, I assumed that 'ol Dummy was using his tongue as a means of locomotion or, perhaps, sort of undulating his way along, Mr. seclark.

FAX

MOhillbilly
06-21-2007, 01:48 PM
how do you 'accidentally' shoot another persons pet?

if someone shoots my dog because hes running livestock ill understand.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 01:50 PM
How do you accidently shoot a fridge? Shit happens

MOhillbilly
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM

it was a computer/couch.
that time.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-21-2007, 01:52 PM

That's funny as hell! Sorry.

Iowanian
matrix,

you poor, misunderstood fornicator of your direct DNA lineage; the pain you must feel for being targeted unfairly. Maybe you'd better blog about the time you really ripped someone on the internet.

For being an English genius, you've got some pretty fecal reading comprehension skillz.

I didn't wish harm on anyone's dog, you ignorant window licking moron.

If it isn't accusing someone of murder its wishing harm on someone else's family pet.

Seriously, get over yourself, or put me on iggy. I really don't care which, but be sure to go f*ck yourself first, professional nothing.

Redrum_69
Ok, FAX, whose dog did you shoot?

or

Who shot your dog?

seclark
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM

my nephew shot another guys hound once thinking it was a coyote. a stupid mistake on his part.
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Why should Iowa put you on Iggy, you're the one with the problem with him. Dipwad.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
it was a computer/couch.
that time.

well I was actually talking about frazod hah

FAX
06-21-2007, 01:55 PM

I've seen hunting dogs get shot before, Mr. MOhillbilly. They didn't die, but they could have.

Nevertheless, let's say that Mr. frazod's neighbor had a dog. And, let's say that Mr. frazod got off a round at an appliance. Then, let's say that the bullet went through the outer wall of the house, struck the dog in the brainpan, and killed the dog instantly.

Voila!!! 2nd degree dogslaughter.

FAX

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
sec

If he was on the porch, we'd have to call him Matt. When I took him to the pond to swim.....Bob.

Something tells me his best commands would have been "STAY" and "roll over".

I've got a cousin with a 2 legged dog(same side) thats a fargin acrobat and can easily jump in and out of a truck.

I'll say this for animals....they just adapt or die...not lay around and whine about it until the lawsuit like humans.

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
I've read with great interest many of the recent and various pet-ownership threads and am aware that many Planeteers love their pets dearly. I know that, in my case, my dogs are like a real hairy part of the family that walk around on all fours.

Anyway, I was just sitting around thinking about dire, horrific, and cataclysmic events and such and a thought crossed my mind; if someone accidentaly shot your dog, or cat, or goldfish, or rare, pet Giant Toad, would you demand that they pay for a new dog, or cat, or whatever? Or, would you forgive them and say, "That's okay. It could happen to anyone."?

On the one hand, it's a bad deal for everybody (including the offender, because he or she probably feels pretty bad), but on the other hand, maybe the perp needs to make good. But, on the other hand, it's not like a dog can be replaced like a fridge or something.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

This is extremely close to a repost FAX.

Don't remember the title.

But I remeber it was something like: "If Someone Accidentally Shot Your Mom."
by
RedRum69

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I could actually see myself killing my neighbors dogs they are like 2 pounds and I am a big guy I could step on the easily. I get the term pooch punt now

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
matrix,

you poor, misunderstood fornicator of your direct DNA lineage; the pain you must feel for being targeted unfairly. Maybe you'd better blog about the time you really ripped someone on the internet.

For being an English genius, you've got some pretty fecal reading comprehension skillz.

I didn't wish harm on anyone's dog, you ignorant window licking moron.

What the hell are you talking about, you incompetent troll? You were the one who insinuated that my dog deserved said attack for there being dog poop in the yard, (which begs an interesting question in and of itself, why would I let my dog poop in my own yard when there are multiple parks in the immediate vicinity) or are you the one incapable of reading your own posts?

You are a sad and pathetic sack of shit. I'm sure that this isn't any revelation to your own infantile brain, but nevertheless, it bears repeating.

seclark
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I'll say this for animals....they just adapt or die...not lay around and whine about it until the lawsuit like humans.
yep...had a blue heeler when i was a kid that only had 3legs and 1eye.(no, his name wasn't lucky)

he'd work cattle just as good as any other trained dog, with the exception that he'd get kicked in the head a lot on his blind side, but he never gave up.
sec

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Why should Iowa put you on Iggy, you're the one with the problem with him. Dipwad.

Because he's a jerkoff who goes out of his away to attack me in every thread I post in :shrug: If he has that much of a problem with me, just put me on iggy. Of course, then that might cause a lack of catharsis for him, leading to him further uglying the face of his already simianesque wife.

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I think someone needs to go get himself a big ole sweaty man-hug.

Maybe you already did, as it seems you've got quite a buttache, matrix.

You're the citizen of the year, 30lbs of dogshit in your yard, and now you leave it in any of a plethora of parks for childen to roll and walk in. Even a cat has the intelligence to cover its own shit, a claim you can't make.

I doubt I've replied to any of your thesaurus inspired, penis envy dripping hairlip posts in a month. Maybe I can get tommykat to explain the iggy function so you can operate it properly.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm convinced that FAX is actually Mark Twain.

MOhillbilly
06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
my nephew shot another guys hound once thinking it was a coyote. a stupid mistake on his part.
sec

you have hounds sec?

seclark
06-21-2007, 02:07 PM
you have hounds sec?
nope...bro-in-law has 28. runs them all winter long.
sec

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Please play nice guys.

This should help.

MOhillbilly
06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
nope...bro-in-law has 28. runs them all winter long.
secwhat kind? im looking for someone to take my walker out and start him this winter. he do that?
Hes GR NTCH harry on top and out of a zipcode bitch on bottom.

seclark
06-21-2007, 02:13 PM
what kind? im looking for someone to take my walker out and start this winter he do that?
Hes GR NTCH harry on top and out of a zipcode bitch on bottom.
i'd have to check w/him. i don't know much about them except for the fact that they're running sob's.
some are white w/brown and black patches, and some are dark brown w/kind of like striped patches.
skinny b@stards.
i usually just ride around in the trucks, trailing them.
sec

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I think someone needs to go get himself a big ole sweaty man-hug.

Maybe you already did, as it seems you've got quite a buttache, matrix.

You're the citizen of the year, 30lbs of dogshit in your yard, and now you leave it in any of a plethora of parks for childen to roll and walk in. Even a cat has the intelligence to cover its own shit, a claim you can't make.

I doubt I've replied to any of your thesaurus inspired, penis envy dripping hairlip posts in a month. Maybe I can get tommykat to explain the iggy function so you can operate it properly.

Yeah, because the parks in which my dog poops in don't have biodegradeable bags for you to pick them up and orderly dispose of them in....

Furthermore, when she needs to go really quick, I just use a scooper.

Do you always run your mouth about shit that you have no f*cking clue about, or do you make exception for me, like accusing me of stuff I don't do and people I'm not.

Funny how you try to play the dual role of family man, protector of civic duties while also moonlighting as the most crass and vile degenerate scum on this board.

Would you like some thesaurus entries for hypocrisy? What about neanderthal? Or maybe other terminology for overcompensation and insecure masculinity?

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Or maybe other terminology for overcompensation and insecure masculinity?

thats my guess precisely, Capt thesaurus.

seclark
06-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Would you like some thesaurus entries for hypocrisy? What about neanderthal? Or maybe other terminology for overcompensation and insecure masculinity?
them thar's some big werds.
sec

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 02:19 PM
thats my guess precisely, Capt thesaurus.

so the keyboard of doom is reduced to "I know you are, but what am I?"

ROFL

Or did I give you too much credit and was that just :huh:

bogie
06-21-2007, 02:24 PM
yep...had a blue heeler when i was a kid that only had 3legs and 1eye.(no, his name wasn't lucky)

he'd work cattle just as good as any other trained dog, with the exception that he'd get kicked in the head a lot on his blind side, but he never gave up.
sec

When I lived on the farm, we used to have a GREAT 3 legged pig, he was smart and loyal. A city guy asked why our pig only had 3 legs. I explained that a pig this good, you don't want to eat all at once.

Fishpicker
06-21-2007, 02:28 PM
If it was a hunting accident or something, I'd be upset but I wouldnt demand revenge or retribution.

If it happened within city limits, where there shouldnt be any risk of my dog being shot. I'd probably go headhunting.

KC Kings
06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
If somebody shot my dog I would pull them out of their car and beat their sorry Mexican @sses to death!

Sorry, wrong thread. Happy Juneteenth anyways.

FAX
06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Good Lord.

My compelling and thought-provoking thread has been reduced to a repository for neanderthal insults and 75 year old pig jokes.

FAX THE DISMAYED

seclark
06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
i've been thinking about this some more mr. fax. i've decided if someone shot my dog for food, i'd want to be paid for it.
sec

FAX
06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I concur, Mr. seclark. I feel the same way.

And, if someone shot my dog for a rug, I'd charge double.

FAX

Spott
06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
If someone accidentally shot my cat, I'd buy them a beer. If someone accidentally poured antifreeze in my cat's water bowl, I'd buy them a case of beer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
I concur, Mr. seclark. I feel the same way.

And, if someone shot my dog for a rug, I'd charge double.

FAX

Sorry about the derailment FAX, but much like my dog, I was attacked without provocation or reason.

My apologies.

Chiefnj
06-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Cops shot my dog once:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S81BzzJ9CEQ

Iowanian
06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Sorry about the derailment FAX, but much like my dog, I was attacked without provocation or reason.

My apologies.

You were not attacked, you bed wetting shitbrick.

its not like you haven't EARNED a little crap thrown your way on a thread containing the words dog and poo.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134294&page=1

MOhillbilly
06-21-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz7zeX_y7nk

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 03:37 PM
i've read that thread so many times. I love it when phobia was like Listen here howdy duty. cracks me up

Frazod
06-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Yes it does. :(

BTW, how long have Iowanian and Hamas been going at it? Damn, that was epic! :D

Simply Red
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes it does. :(

BTW, how long have Iowanian and Hamas been going at it? Damn, that was epic! :D
Not long, that I've seen. I've recently converted to passive resistence as my arsenal-O-choice. It's just not worth it. Hell I like both those guys.