PDA

View Full Version : Beer drinkers poll.

Hammock Parties
06-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Ok planeteers, this is my first poll so dont laugh if i screw it up.

I was curious what planeteers favorite type of beers were. could be anything from india pale ale, imperial stout to the cheaper (and crapier in my opinion) american light lager. poll forthcoming

Phobia
06-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Generally any Belgian Brown for me. But I also like American Pales a lot. Black lagers are also high on my list.

Hammock Parties
06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
i tend to stick to the heavier and thicker bodied type stouts and porters. I love any type of cream stout or vanilla stout or porter. Its getting harder and harder for me to enjoy any type of ale these days.

luv
06-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I voted for pale ale, but it stills shows zero. Weird.

Hammock Parties
06-21-2007, 04:43 PM
well try er again

luv
06-21-2007, 04:48 PM
well try er again
You can only vote once.

Hammock Parties
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
You can only vote once.

can i change that? new to the poll thingie.

chagrin
06-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Belgian White Ale - not on the list

Valiant
06-21-2007, 04:57 PM
I went Amber, but I pretty much just drink 7&7's now or Long Island's...

Monty
06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I don't see a choice for.....cold.

Hammock Parties
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
thinking of it now, there are a shit ton of styles that ive had that ive totally forgotten about. Im going to look through my bottle collection and add all the styles i missed. Ill do thatsoon.

trndobrd
06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Flemish Oud Bruin Ales, also known as 'sour' ales, like Rodenbach and Duchesse de Bourgogne. Hard as hell to find.

sedated
06-21-2007, 06:41 PM
beer doesn't get me drunk fast enough

bogie
06-21-2007, 06:49 PM
beer doesn't get me drunk fast enough

Man I totally agree with this. That being said, if it's not Gin, I drink Heineken or Bud. I don't know enough about beer to put these in a category.

cdcox
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
i tend to stick to the heavier and thicker bodied type stouts and porters. I love any type of cream stout or vanilla stout or porter. Its getting harder and harder for me to enjoy any type of ale these days.

Stouts and proters are ales.

JohninGpt
06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't see a choice for.....cold.
And "Free" is conspicuoisly absent as well.

cdcox
06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Belgium ales, pale ales and hefeweizen are probably my favorite, but I enjoy most any style.

Spott
06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Dos Equis. I have no idea how it's brewed, though.

blueballs
06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
after two or three
I don't care how it started

06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I voted for pale ale, but it stills shows zero. Weird.
Can't you do anything right?

BWillie
06-21-2007, 07:42 PM
You guys are fancy. I really do not care at all about alcohol or beer. I only care what is the easiest for me to down to get f.u.cked up as soon as possible. That is why I drink rum and coke, goes down smooth. But then again, my favorite beer has to be Keystone Ice. It is the nectar of the gods, I think I am the only on that thinks it is good. You have a 12 pack of keystone ice and you'll be screw fat bitches in no time, powerful stuff.

kcfan82
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Cold

Phobia
06-21-2007, 08:08 PM
I drink Heineken or Bud. I don't know enough about beer to put these in a category.

You can put them into the "I don't know enough about beer so I drink skunk piss" category.

Mr. Laz
06-21-2007, 08:11 PM
You can only vote once.
should show a little asterisk after the option you voted

trndobrd
06-21-2007, 08:18 PM
You have a 12 pack of keystone ice and you'll be screw fat bitches in no time, powerful stuff.

Sounds like an ad campaign to me!

the Talking Can
06-21-2007, 08:22 PM
You guys are fancy. I really do not care at all about alcohol or beer. I only care what is the easiest for me to down to get f.u.cked up as soon as possible. That is why I drink rum and coke, goes down smooth. But then again, my favorite beer has to be Keystone Ice. It is the nectar of the gods, I think I am the only on that thinks it is good. You have a 12 pack of keystone ice and you'll be screw fat bitches in no time, powerful stuff.

you are the essence of Kansas....

Hammock Parties
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Stouts and proters are ales.

Bah, mostly, but i consider them to be in different catagories for the most part.

Hammock Parties
06-21-2007, 09:39 PM
You can put them into the "I don't know enough about beer so I drink skunk piss" category.

amen to that. Anything that isnt micro brewed in america, or in any other country is skunk piss and i cant drink it to save my life.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 09:49 PM
I went Amber, but I pretty much just drink 7&7's now or Long Island's...

crown and 7 is also good long islands used to be the shit they had em at ground round here tall ones for 2 dollars on thursdays. I would see girls not know how many shots were in one and be on the floor after one. Made for good upskirt pics

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
cheep domestic cold. I do get a growler from 75th street brewery sometimes. If i wanted a fine beer I would grab one from there but ususally i just want one to wet my whistle

Bugeater
06-21-2007, 09:52 PM
This poll is worthless without a Natty Light option.

TinyEvel
06-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Beer and I have broken up. but I am currently making a mix tape for it (Phil Collins, Elton John, George Michael's "Faith" and the second side of the "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack)
because I plan on us getting back together eventually.

KurtCobain
06-22-2007, 01:14 AM
I drink beer damnit. If it's beer I'll drink it. And make others drink it too.

Miles
06-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Belgian Dark Ales are probably my favorite.

Fishpicker
06-22-2007, 02:30 AM

Chimay?

Miles
06-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Chimay?

This is my current favorite.

http://www.unibroue.com/products/3pistoles.cfm

Fishpicker
06-22-2007, 03:29 AM

Type Strong Dark Ale, refemented in the bottle
Alcohol 9 % alc./vol.
Color Dusky black
Taste Wild fruit with an aftertaste of port
Aroma Ripe fruit and chocolate
Shelf Life 8 years or more
Serving Suggestions Pasta, game and wild fowl, desserts

Trois Pistoles was launched in June of 1997. It contains 9% alcohol and is brewed with roasted malt. Its rich, smooth texture, and the presence of yeast used for in-bottle refermentation give it a very distinctive flavour.

This dark beer and has an aroma of ripe fruit and a pleasant aftertaste that lingers like old port wine.

Trois Pistoles can be enjoyed before a meal or after, and is excellent with pasta as well as game meat and wild fowl.

It also enhances the flavour of desserts like chocolate mousse and fruit salad, and can even replace coffee as an after dinner drink.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried this...I think it was this one. I drank it with some french silk pie. if you like dark chocolate, try this Ale with it. (not something you want to try if you are planning on getting wasted BTW)

Pushead2
06-22-2007, 05:14 AM
I prefer it crusty from an old keg and tap that hasn't been cleaned.

StcChief
06-22-2007, 05:16 AM

Blue Moon cheaper version here. But the Belgians make smooth great beer.

Amber Ale in your poll
Wheat (Hefeweisen)
IPA or Imperial IPA (Darker version)
Stout

jagerdrinker
06-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Threads like this make me glad that I work for a beer/wine/spirits distributor...God bless beer.

Natty_Light_Man
06-22-2007, 08:25 AM
The answer varies. You see, there is the breakfast, brunch, lunch, lupper, supper and of course evening brew. Additionally the ball game, local tavern, night club, special occasion and always my favorite, the bonfire.

And lets not forget mixed with the fine oils of a lovely ladies navel.

the Talking Can
06-22-2007, 08:28 AM

yup...life is too short to drink shitty beer...

Phobia
06-22-2007, 09:23 AM

That's a sister product to La Fin du Monde, isn't it?

edit: nevermind. Just clicked the link and the labels look almost identical. They're sisters, no doubt about it.

Dartgod
06-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty much a fan of the Pale ales and IPAs right now. The hoppier, the better.

StcChief
06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty much a fan of the Pale ales and IPAs right now. The hoppier, the better.
Check out O'Fallon Brewery 5 Day IPA.
very hoppy.

Dartgod
06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Check out O'Fallon Brewery 5 Day IPA.
very hoppy.
Will do. I think I've seen it at Lukas Liquor.

Miles
06-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I just bought a bottle of St Bernardus Abt 12 on my way home from work. I have heard good things about it but have never tried it.

http://www.sintbernardus.be/images/New/abt12.jpg

kcmaxwell
06-22-2007, 08:06 PM
im a big fan of amber bock by michelobe

Hammock Parties
06-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I just bought a bottle of St Bernardus Abt 12 on my way home from work. I have heard good things about it but have never tried it.

http://www.sintbernardus.be/images/New/abt12.jpg

where did u get that from?

Miles
06-22-2007, 11:21 PM
where did u get that from?

I picked it up at one of the larger liquor stores in Denver. It ended up being excellent and would say I easily have a new favorite.

KcMizzou
06-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't see the "free" option.

Mojo Rising
06-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Beer and I have broken up. but I am currently making a mix tape for it (Phil Collins, Elton John, George Michael's "Faith" and the second side of the "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack)
because I plan on us getting back together eventually.

My 1st comment has nothing to do with this thread, but, geez. Why don't you throw Boy George in there for the perfect circle ....

Now, on topic.

I used to be a beer snob and only drink micro beers.

I now drink Bud Light because I never get a hangover or full. The Monks used to drink 1 glass of water for every beer so they could work in the morning. There was no calling in sick back in the day.

They couldn't water down their beer because it would not last and would be too heavy to transport.

Bud Light is liked a glass of water with every glass of beer.

When I want to drink for taste I open a bottle of wine. There is much more a craftsman can do with wine than beer.

My current favorite wine's are:

Rombauer Zin
Seghasio Zin
Kenwood Zin (Jack London Vinyard)

...notice a theme?

If you're going to go Micro Anchor, Sierra and Fat Tire are the best in my opinion.

Miles
06-23-2007, 12:25 AM
My current favorite wine's are:

Rombauer Zin
Seghasio Zin
Kenwood Zin (Jack London Vinyard)

...notice a theme?

You have poor taste in grapes ;)

the Talking Can
06-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Bud Light is liked a glass of water with every glass of beer.

and that's an understatement...it doesn't matter WHY they didn't put more water in it...the only point is that THEY DIDN'T and it tastes better...

you've just made up a fictional excuse for drinking shitty beer.....

Miles
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
and that's an understatement...it doesn't matter WHY they didn't put more water in it...the only point is that THEY DIDN'T and it tastes better...

Its a bad excuse (and kind of irrational) but shit domestic light beer does have a good purpose.

Phobia
06-23-2007, 01:28 AM
Its a bad excuse (and kind of irrational) but shit domestic light beer does have a good purpose.

So does McDonalds but you can't tell me that anybody is dying to get themselves a scrumptuous Big Mac.

ChiefJustice
06-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Where is the "Bitch,go down to the corner and get me
some malt liquor" option?

Back in college we used to get stupid drunk while
drinking 40's of Mickey's and the politically incorrect
Crazy Horse(anyone remember this one?)

Now,i tend to choose a Pale or a Stout.

And,being from KC,i will always favor Boulevard's
seasonal brews whenever i can find them.Nothing says
Christmas more than Nutcracker Ale.

I noticed that ciders weren't listed.I suppose they aren't technically a beer...but,they serve the same purpose.Hornsby's Amber Draft is my current favorite in that area.

Miles
06-23-2007, 01:46 AM
So does McDonalds but you can't tell me that anybody is dying to get themselves a scrumptuous Big Mac.

Amusing comparison but while its kind of the same it's not at all. Crappy light beer serves a very good purpose of being cheap and extremely drinkable in mass quantities while doing many things. Its hardly something you are going to savor or an alternative for an beer special of something better for the same price.

If you are sitting around to enjoy a beer its right to scoff at it but if you are somewhere like a ballpark after a few beers deep already...it serves a purpose.

Mojo Rising
06-23-2007, 01:55 AM
You have poor taste in grapes ;)

What are you pouring CO? Don't like Zins or the selections?

Mojo Rising
06-23-2007, 02:01 AM

It is fictional and not the reason they make it light, however, when I drank Anchhor, Sierra, etc, all night I would feel full all night and wake up with a hangover.

Now I don't. Drink your micro and be happy. I'll drink my water beer and feel the same way.

If you want real craftsmanship there is a lot more you can do with a grape.

I will drink some wine for the taste and then swithch to Bud Light so I feel OK in the morning.

Miles
06-23-2007, 02:05 AM
What are you pouring CO? Don't like Zins or the selections?

Just giving you a hard time since I don't really care for zins which is ironic since I'm drinking on another grape variety I don't care much for right now. I opened up a bottle of Columbia Crest Merlot which is very drinkable for being really cheap.

I mostly stick to Cabs, Shiraz, Rhone Vally, Chianti and Malbec's and go thorough phases of any of those or the other dry reds.

Mojo Rising
06-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Just giving you a hard time since I don't really care for zins which is ironic since I'm drinking on another grape variety I don't care much for right now. I opened up a bottle of Columbia Crest Merlot which is very drinkable for being really cheap.

I mostly stick to Cabs, Shiraz, Rhone Vally, Chianti and Malbec's and go thorough phases of any of those or the other dry reds.

$5 a bottle is hard to beat if it tates good. Costco has a wine called Menagois a tois at about $7 a bottle. It is a good wine if they have it in your area.

I have gotten into the zins lately and like the 2 types. There seems to be peppery ones and fruity ones. Each has its place depending on whats being served.

Miles
06-23-2007, 02:59 AM
$5 a bottle is hard to beat if it tates good. Costco has a wine called Menagois a tois at about $7 a bottle. It is a good wine if they have it in your area.

I have gotten into the zins lately and like the 2 types. There seems to be peppery ones and fruity ones. Each has its place depending on whats being served.

Agreed. If you can find something that is somewhat enjoyable at $5-7 a bottle it will work well enough. Good suggestion with Menagois a Tois which is a pretty tasty inexpensive red blend.

I have honestly not really sampled a lot of zins since all of them I have tried have been of the fruity/semi sweet variety which I dislike for wine. Might take buying a decent bottle of the right type for my taste I guess.

Mojo Rising
06-23-2007, 03:23 AM
If you don't like the fruity then don't buy the Rombauer. The Kenwood Jack London can be had at Safeway for $15.

Bevmo has a coupon code for $10 off a $30 purchase (google to find.) I have cleared out all of the local supply. The shipping might make it un-affordable for you.

It is on the peppery side... so is the Seghasio.

Here's a tip on how to get rid of all the wine glasses in your cupboard from events.

Pour the same wine into a crystal glass (Rydell, Waterford) and regular glass.

Crystal allows the wine to breath in the glass. Taste each and notice the difference.

Everyone I know who has done the blind taste test, and drinks wine, has bought some crystal.

Miles
06-23-2007, 03:39 AM
Here's a tip on how to get rid of all the wine glasses in your cupboard from events.

Pour the same wine into a crystal glass (Rydell, Waterford) and regular glass.

Crystal allows the wine to breath in the glass. Taste each and notice the difference.

Everyone I know who has done the blind taste test, and drinks wine, has bought some crystal.

Interesting. I have been looking around at getting Riedel wine glasses for a while now but just haven't found the exact need other than they are nice.

Miles
06-23-2007, 03:43 AM
If you don't like the fruity then don't buy the Rombauer. The Kenwood Jack London can be had at Safeway for $15.

Bevmo has a coupon code for $10 off a $30 purchase (google to find.) I have cleared out all of the local supply. The shipping might make it un-affordable for you.

Unfortunately the grocery stores can't sell wine in Colorado. However it has a nice side effect with the mid/larger liquor stores being highly competitive when pricing whine.

Mojo Rising
06-23-2007, 04:09 AM
I forgot about CO being a dry state in the grocery stores. I was in Winter Park in Feb. with a cart full of Bud Light.

My wife noticed there wasn't a wine/booze aisle and we figured it was headache beer in the cart.

You are right that it forces the liqour stores to carry good wine. We found better wine in Winter Park than some places we go to in No Cal.

It is a pain in the a** though.

Reminded me of growing up in Leawood and having to drive to Martin City to get beer on Sundays.

Miles
06-23-2007, 04:42 AM
It really isn't that big of a deal usually since liquor stores can stay open till midnight. Though during football season it is quite annoying that you can only buy "near beer" on Sunday if you forget to stock up the day before.

MOhillbilly
06-23-2007, 06:17 AM
i like it all.

StcChief
06-23-2007, 08:12 AM
had O'Fallon Brewery Fest Beer last night. Dark ale

very taste

DaKCMan AP
06-23-2007, 08:16 AM

I second that!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e8/Hoegaarden_bottles.jpg/180px-Hoegaarden_bottles.jpg

blueballs
06-23-2007, 08:46 AM
and the wussification of America
prances on

Phobia
06-23-2007, 12:10 PM
prances on

Yeah, real men drink watered down American piss water.

You're a bright one.

StcChief
06-23-2007, 12:21 PM
prances on
Your kind is sure to keep AB in business. Commercial American Lagers are crap.

blueballs
06-23-2007, 12:42 PM
men pamper themselves way too much

blueballs
06-23-2007, 12:43 PM
rotgut baby

Calcountry
06-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I like Oktoberfest.

Phobia
06-23-2007, 01:26 PM
men pamper themselves way too much

If by "pamper" you mean drinking watered down lady beers, maybe you're right.

blueballs
06-23-2007, 01:56 PM
If by "pamper" you mean drinking watered down lady beers, maybe you're right.

lady beers -hahahaha
spend that extra money-pamperier

blueballs
06-23-2007, 01:57 PM
beer made out of hand killed gator
brewed over a open flame outside

Mojo Rising
06-23-2007, 02:06 PM
lady beers -hahahaha

It's not about spending money. I used to drink micros, then I decided I wanted to drink more than 6 without getting bloated and having a hangover.

I'd rather not drink the equivalent of a loaf of bread.

If you are going to talk about lady beers I think the target should be people who put fruit in their beer instead of Bud Light.

noa
06-23-2007, 02:08 PM
lady beers -hahahaha

Drinking high alcohol per volume beers may cost a little more, but you get drunk quicker and don't have to go through a twelve pack of piss water to feel a slight buzz.

blueballs
06-23-2007, 02:10 PM
rotgut and a lot of it -mead if you have it
then you can duel knights in armor
losing limbs and laughing it off

blueballs
06-23-2007, 02:12 PM
half the fun of getting drunk
is pissing alot -getting to touch yourself
pissing on stuff -other peoples stuff

GoTrav
06-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I've been trying to locate a vanilla stout ever since Gravity Brewing in Westport closed up shop. Anyone have a recommendation? I've heard of one out of Colorado but haven't had any luck locating it.

Hammock Parties
06-23-2007, 02:46 PM
had O'Fallon Brewery Fest Beer last night. Dark ale

very taste

i had heard about that one, was it fun? Im planning on going to a couple of beer fests soon. Im planning on going to the one in st louis in october, which will be a good time.

Hammock Parties
06-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I've been trying to locate a vanilla stout ever since Gravity Brewing in Westport closed up shop. Anyone have a recommendation? I've heard of one out of Colorado but haven't had any luck locating it.

closest ive seen is vanilla porter. did you google it or anything?

GoTrav
06-23-2007, 02:54 PM
closest ive seen is vanilla porter. did you google it or anything?

2 that I looked at. Would be nice to be able to grab a sixer somewhere local. Guess I could try to place an order through Gomer's if they do that. Last one I had was at the Old Chicago in OP but didn't see it on their online beer list.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/586/10095
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/stone-cellar-vanishing-vanilla-stout/53504/956/

Bwana
06-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I tend to learn toward the ales for a beer after beer type of drinking spree, but enjoy a good porter or stout for an after dinner drink.

ChiefFripp
06-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm the lone Cream Stout vote so far ,but my favorite was something called Rogue's Chocolate Stout .

Hammock Parties
06-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm the lone Cream Stout vote so far ,but my favorite was something called Rogue's Chocolate Stout .

my bro inlaw is from portland which is where Rogue is made and he brought me a couple of their beers, chocolate stout being one of them and.... If you like chocolate milk and beer, it would be the absolute drink for you. I loved that damn beer, i would drink bottle after bottle if it didnt cost a shit ton.

StcChief
06-25-2007, 07:11 AM
i had heard about that one, was it fun? Im planning on going to a couple of beer fests soon. Im planning on going to the one in st louis in october, which will be a good time.

The Augusta Brewery (Augusta MO) Octoberfest is a great time... Not too crowded out on the winery road MO 94. $20 all day 12-6. Live music food. Lots of Micros from around Midwest.

Octoberfest weekend at all the wineries too....

http://www.augustabrewing.com/

B&B's in the area as well. No city issues....

Pneuma
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Belgian Ale!!!

Baby Lee
06-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Boulevard Bully Porter or Oatmeal Stout
Guiness [natch]

But I gotta say, Lambic is a heckuva tasty occasional indulgence.

58-4ever
06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
I like a really well made IPA. mmmmmmm.....

a1na2
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Kulimbacher(sp)

noa
06-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I just tried a great one over the weekend. It was called 'Mean Bitch' and its from Belgium, but the U.S. gov't makes them change the name in America cause they aren't down with the name 'Mean Bitch.'