PDA

View Full Version : Wesley and Bowe

Sam Hall
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
The KC Star had some interesting Chiefs news beside the LJ story. It looks like Wesley won't be a Chief much longer. The team doesn't want to pay him $2.7 million because we now have capable replacements. A trade to Denver is possible but unlikely. Denver could pick up Wesley after he's released.

The Star also predicted that Bowe won't be in training camp on time because his agent is Ethan Lock. It goes back to the John Tait situation.

Micjones
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I saw the handwriting on the wall with Wesley quite some time ago.

And with the signing of Chad Williams...
We've got backups at both Safety spots.

noa
06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Jeez. I guess Bowe might have some leverage because Brady Quinn was picked right ahead of him, and I bet he lands a fat contract despite going so late.
I just hope Carl gets this done so Croyle and Bowe can develop some chemistry as quickly as possible.

Reerun_KC
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh this ought to be fun, We will get to watch Carl attempt to :cuss: and STFU Ethan Locke agian...

This is going to be classic....

the Talking Can
06-22-2007, 11:31 AM
be nice if we could get a pick for Wesley....hate to a see a late round 1st hold out, no reason for that...

Kylo Ren
06-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Ethan Locke is a total jackass. I hate him almost as much as I hate that bitter old man Jack Harry.

Reerun_KC
06-22-2007, 11:33 AM
be nice if we could get a pick for Wesley....hate to a see a late round 1st hold out, no reason for that...

Especially if that pick came from Denver! That would be sweet! LMAO

Eleazar
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
denver trading us picks = hilarious.

StcChief
06-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Especially if that pick came from Denver! That would be sweet! LMAO
Right....dungver will hold out, before giving us and 8th rounder.

noa
06-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I would only trade for Wesley if my team wasn't facing the ferocious Derek "Earl Campbell" Anderson any time soon.

GoHuge
06-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Right....dungver will hold out, before giving us and 8th rounder.Where do we sign for that deal :drool:

Micjones
06-22-2007, 11:50 AM
We can't afford for Bowe to miss precious time at training camp. He needs to get on the same page with his QB.

Having a reliable target will only help Croyle's confidence.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2007, 11:53 AM
go ahead a trade wesley to the donks ...... we are rebuilding anyway.

the picks are more important

Reerun_KC
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
We can't afford for Bowe to miss precious time at training camp. He needs to get on the same page with his QB.

Having a reliable target will only help Croyle's confidence.

Your right on! Bowe in camp is vital for Croyle.... Need to build trust in each other before the season starts...

We dont need Carl screwing this around until late Sept....

Reerun_KC
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM

Rep! The picks are very important!

Buehler445
06-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Jeez. I guess Bowe might have some leverage because Brady Quinn was picked right ahead of him, and I bet he lands a fat contract despite going so late.
I just hope Carl gets this done so Croyle and Bowe can develop some chemistry as quickly as possible.

I hear Quinn is pretty set on holding out for a big one.

Frazod
06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Why did Bowe have to pick that jerkoff as his agent? :banghead:

Frankie
06-22-2007, 12:11 PM

trades between AFC west rivals never happen. But it would be funny. Like we send them a booby-trapped item.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Rep! The picks are very important!
by the time we are really ready to compete, Wesley will probably be retire anyway.

Pitt Gorilla
06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
We dont need Carl screwing this around until late Sept....This won't be Carl screwing anyone/anything around. Bowe is a late first rounder and his salary shouldn't be difficult to negotiate. If Locke decides to be a dick, Bowe will be hurting. The Chiefs need him, but not at a silly price as we're not going to the SB this year anyway.

Frankie
06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
We dont need Carl screwing this around until late Sept....
Carl has been bringin'em in on time consistantly. Get off his back on this one.

Reerun_KC
06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
by the time we are really ready to compete, Wesley will probably be retire anyway.

True, but a younger player with room to improve over the next 3 years is way better then Wesley...

Reerun_KC
06-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Carl has been bringin'em in on time consistantly. Get off his back on this one.

Man we can pile on Carl today? Bummer, take all the fun out of it being friday!

:sulk:

pikesome
06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Who was the last big problem draft signing? Simms? Maybe we should have let that one get away.

Garcia Bronco
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
We'll give you an 8th rounder for Wesley. :)

Direckshun
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Trade Wesley or take the cap hit.

Don't release him. He's worth a pick.

Direckshun
06-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I think Denver would trade the pick just to get Wesley off their back.

Wesley's had some of his best games against the Donhks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Wesley needs to stay a Chief, he's way better than anybody else we have after Page and Pollard.

JohnnyV13
06-22-2007, 01:31 PM
In the Beginning, there was Adam, the first quarterback. Adam cavorted on the green field alone, running and cutting and throwing and God saw that it was good. But God saw that Adam was lonely and needed a companion. Thus, God cause Adam to slam his head into the field and rendered him unconscious. While he was knocked senseless, God took from Adam all his common sense, and shaped it into a new form. This new creature God named "head cheerleader". Eve danced and pranced on the field, admiring all of Adam's exploits while waving her pom-poms. Adam was no longer lonely, and now ran up and down the Field with abaondon. God saw all that he had made and saw that it was good.

God was not yet finished. To give Adam's running and jumping direction and purpose, he created "Touchdown" and "Field Goal". In the days of their innocence, Adam and his friends ran and played on the field, Eve and her friends cheered, while the stands filled with Students who then became known as Fans. Shouts of joy filled the air and God knew that what he had created was Good.

One dark night after a Game, Eve wandered across the Field and Lo! a serpent spoke to her from the grass. "Why is it that you play the great game of football and only God above can witness your feats? Would it not be better to share the vision with the rest of the world through the medium of Television?" The serpent then presented a contract to Eve and said unto her, "Have the quarterback Adam sign this document, and the masses shall worship you on Sundays."

KurtCobain
06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
In the Beginning, there was Adam, the first quarterback. Adam cavorted on the green field alone, running and cutting and throwing and God saw that it was good. But God saw that Adam was lonely and needed a companion. Thus, God cause Adam to slam his head into the field and rendered him unconscious. While he was knocked senseless, God took from Adam all his common sense, and shaped it into a new form. This new creature God named "head cheerleader". She danced and pranced on the field, admiring all of Adam's exploits while waving her pom-poms. Adam was no longer lonely, and now ran up and down the Field with abaondon. God saw all that he had made and saw that it was good.

God was not yet finished. To give Adam's running and jumping direction and purpose, he created "Touchdown" and "Field Goal". In the days of their innocense, Adam and his friends ran and played on the field, Eve and her friends cheered, while the stands filled with Students who then became known as Fans. Shouts of joy filled the air and God knew that what he had created was Good.

THen one day, Eve wandered across the Field one dark night and Lo! a serpent spoke to her from the grass. "Why is it that you play the great game of football and only God above can witness your feats? Would it not be better to share the vision with the rest of the world through the medium of Television?" The serpent then presented a contract to Eve and said unto her, "Have the quarterback Adam sign this document, and the masses shall worship you on Sundays."

Wrong thread? :shrug:

Sanka
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Can we trade the rights of Dwayne Bowe, something tells me he is a bust.

JohnnyV13
06-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Oppps. Yeah..meant this for the Bible according to Herm thread.

Eleazar
06-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Good thing our GM is one tough SOB negotiator.

blueballs
06-22-2007, 04:09 PM
how has Wesley survived this long
and not gotten a nick name

Coach
06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Wesley needs to stay a Chief, he's way better than anybody else we have after Page and Pollard.

Phhht, yeah right.

CoMoChief
06-22-2007, 04:59 PM
We'll give you an 8th rounder for Wesley. :)

Wesley would start for you guys. I bet you give up a 5th rounder if this trade happens.

Anyong Bluth
06-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Brody is represented by Condon and Kremer. He's going to get a contract that will still put him in the top 10 1st rounders most likely. Qb's that are Rd 1, will still get slated up higher on payscale then their draft position. Bowe is not going to really be able to use Croyle's numbers as leverage too much, b/c its a common thing, and the guy drafted below him will ballpark things pretty easily. NFL contracts are really very standard form, and other than incentives and added clauses at the end they're pretty much standardized. Locke being a butthole is another thing.

Rasputin
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
I'd love to take a draft pick from the doney's, I hate all the moves that Mike Shanarat makes with them.

Can we however look to trade Wesley for a young CB from another team? I think we are really lacking depth at the CB position.

Micjones
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
That would be ideal KCT.
We really need to groom someone to take over for either Surtain or Law after this season.

Behind Maxey (who has been cut once)...
There's really nothing in the cupboard.

milkman
06-22-2007, 08:47 PM
trades between AFC west rivals never happen. But it would be funny. Like we send them a booby-trapped item.

It still amazes the hell out of me that these idiots claim to be Chiefs fans and can't grasp this one simple fact of AFC West life.

Mecca
06-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Most of the 1st round picks will miss atleast some camp so that is really going out on a limb.......

kcfanXIII
06-22-2007, 08:56 PM

send him to denver in a crate marked "acme"

broncorascal
06-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Rascal here from the Mane.

What's your guys honest opinion of Wesley? I know he is inconsistent, but from what I can remember he is probably a better FS then Ferguson. Thoughts?

Not sure about compensation but more then a fifth is crazy, I'd prefer a sixth but considering archelleta got a sixth for his horrible contract I'd expect a bit more for a younger guy with a better contract.

Fire Me Boy!
06-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Got complacent with the big contract.

Bowser
06-23-2007, 04:49 PM

What's your guys honest opinion of Wesley? I know he is inconsistent, but from what I can remember he is probably a better FS then Ferguson. Thoughts?

Not sure about compensation but more then a fifth is crazy, I'd prefer a sixth but considering archelleta got a sixth for his horrible contract I'd expect a bit more for a younger guy with a better contract.

He's good for some INT's and the occasional big hit, but he gets burned and is out of position more times than he's in position. Don't know about your safeties, but if it were me, I'd switch him back to SS and play him in run support and short zone just to keep him from having to cover downfield. Doubt if he could beat out Lynch, though.

This whole thing is strange. I thought Chicago was closing in on him? :shrug:

milkman
06-23-2007, 04:56 PM
The Chiefs and Broncos will not negotiate a trade.

Period.
End of story.
Done.

Now shut the **** up people and step back into the real world.

Logical
06-23-2007, 05:31 PM
In the Beginning, there was Adam, the first quarterback. Adam cavorted on the green field alone, running and cutting and throwing and God saw that it was good. But God saw that Adam was lonely and needed a companion. Thus, God cause Adam to slam his head into the field and rendered him unconscious. While he was knocked senseless, God took from Adam all his common sense, and shaped it into a new form. This new creature God named "head cheerleader". Eve danced and pranced on the field, admiring all of Adam's exploits while waving her pom-poms. Adam was no longer lonely, and now ran up and down the Field with abaondon. God saw all that he had made and saw that it was good.

God was not yet finished. To give Adam's running and jumping direction and purpose, he created "Touchdown" and "Field Goal". In the days of their innocence, Adam and his friends ran and played on the field, Eve and her friends cheered, while the stands filled with Students who then became known as Fans. Shouts of joy filled the air and God knew that what he had created was Good.

One dark night after a Game, Eve wandered across the Field and Lo! a serpent spoke to her from the grass. "Why is it that you play the great game of football and only God above can witness your feats? Would it not be better to share the vision with the rest of the world through the medium of Television?" The serpent then presented a contract to Eve and said unto her, "Have the quarterback Adam sign this document, and the masses shall worship you on Sundays."

Not bad, you could replace GoChiefs

Halfcan
06-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Bowe=Bust

Yeah I said it.

milkman
06-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Bowe=Bust

Yeah I said it.

That's the best news ever.

Now I know he's gonna be the next great WR.

Halfcan
06-23-2007, 05:39 PM
That's the best news ever.

Now I know he's gonna be the next great WR.

Sorry there were better prospects available. Now the guy is possibly holding out? If we get Sammy numbers out of him I would be surprised.

milkman
06-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry there were better prospects available. Now the guy is possibly holding out? If we get Sammy numbers out of him I would be surprised.

Whether or not there were better propects available, or he holds out is irrelevant.

You know that I think you're a good guy, really, but your football takes are the absolute worst.

If you think he's a bust, I have no doubt he's gonna be a stud.

Sam Hall
06-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm glad we didn't select Robert Meachem, who's already injured.

Fire Me Boy!
06-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Obviously not this year... but I'm ecstatic we didn't end up drafting Pacman Jones.

milkman
06-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Obviously not this year... but I'm ecstatic we didn't end up drafting Pacman Jones.

Quoted for truth.

Although, at the time, I was glad then also.

Halfcan
06-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Whether or not there were better propects available, or he holds out is irrelevant.

You know that I think you're a good guy, really, but your football takes are the absolute worst.

If you think he's a bust, I have no doubt he's gonna be a stud.

I hope you are right-Brodie needs some help.

Mecca
06-23-2007, 06:55 PM
He's good for some INT's and the occasional big hit, but he gets burned and is out of position more times than he's in position. Don't know about your safeties, but if it were me, I'd switch him back to SS and play him in run support and short zone just to keep him from having to cover downfield. Doubt if he could beat out Lynch, though.

This whole thing is strange. I thought Chicago was closing in on him? :shrug:

They traded for Archuletta...

Bob Dole
06-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Bowe=Bust

Yeah I said it.

Amazing.

morphius
06-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Amazing.
I think he is just playing the percentages.

htismaqe
06-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Now the guy is possibly holding out?

Jesus. Nothing like jumping past conclusions and into stupidity...

pikesome
06-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Hold out for a week or so of TC = ehh, not too concerned

This kind of stuff is par for 1st rounders it seems more often than not.

RustShack
06-24-2007, 02:49 AM
I think that if no other team tries trading for Wesley THEN the Chiefs will trade him to Denver. I would rather get something out of Denver than just releasing him and him signing with Denver. I have a feeling if the trade does go down the player we draft with Denvers pick pans out into a total stud in a couple years too :)

Direckshun
06-24-2007, 10:09 AM

He has all the physical tools. Great speed, great hands, can land a hit from time to time, good tackler. Aggressive, straight line speed, and on certain plays he can read a QB like a manual.

But his head's just never been there in KC. He's played on a bad defense for so long and he's felt the scorn of this city for so long I think he's just never kicked it into gear enough to care. He falls asleep, his field vision goes way down as if he's forgotten a portion of the field exists, and worst of all, his recovery speed is nonexistant because he rarely shows any interest in recovering when he's beat. But almost all of these problems are mental shortcomings; maybe sending him to a place like Denver that's considered a contender this year would wake him up.

Physically, he's easily a better safety than either of the starters in Denver this year. But he's wildly inconsistent, varying from solid to worthless. I still think the Donks could gain from starting him over Ferguson, who himself is less physically gifted and just as inconsistent, but Lynch's savvy knowhow easily trumps Wesley's.

Right now, Wesley is the man without a team. We've upgraded at the position with two equally good (if not better) athletes who've shown more passion, more consistency, and more promise than Wesley shows. I'd love to have him for depth but that'll pretty much negate any chance that Wesley will ever care on the field again. There's a place for him in Denver, and I do think the Chiefs would trade him if they got a generous offer, but anything short of that and no deal's going to get done.

He's not too much of a cap hit anyway; I doubt the Chiefs will release him.

Direckshun
06-24-2007, 10:12 AM
That said, expect Wesley and Bell to be the first on the trading block next year. If Parker's still underachieving, we'll see him there, too. (Did we sign Parker to just a one year deal?)