PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chiefs getting desperate to sell tickets??

FloridaMan88
06-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I received a promotion from the Chiefs in the mail yesterday, something about a "Rookie Ticket Package" for SI subscribers. This seems to be a pretty far-reaching effort in an attempt to sell tickets, trying to tap into SI's database of customers.

I guess Dictator Carl is waking up to the fact that the fanbase isn't exactly melting with anticipation to watch Brodie Croyle run a Hermball-style of offense that will involve an average of 11 punts a game.

PinkFloyd
06-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Yep --- they are even selling partial season tickets this year... You get to choose which games you want to go see from two different plans...

tmax63
06-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Damn, and I was thinking that maybe they was being more fan-friendly and giving folks a chance to see a few games without having to fork out the big-bucks for a full season ticket. Dummy me.

Eleazar
06-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Yep --- they are even selling partial season tickets this year... You get to choose which games you want to go see from two different plans...

That's been going on for several years now.

RP_McMurphy
06-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I will be there October 7th..........

hawkchief
06-23-2007, 04:38 PM
THe curtain has been pulled back on Carl's circus of BS. Until the Hun't fire him, and show the fans they are serious about fielding not simply a financial winner, it will continue to get worse.

I'm glad that more fans, like myself, have told Carl to shove his 15 year plan, and quit buying the overpriced sham he and the Hunt's have put forth. Since they won't be a winner for a couple of years, it's time for Hunt to show the fans he means business by giving the franchise a fresh start and jettisoning Peterson.

November & December black-outs might be a reality this season.

Third Eye
06-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I received a promotion from the Chiefs in the mail yesterday, something about a "Rookie Ticket Package" for SI subscribers. This seems to be a pretty far-reaching effort in an attempt to sell tickets, trying to tap into SI's database of customers.

I guess Dictator Carl is waking up to the fact that the fanbase isn't exactly melting with anticipation to watch Brodie Croyle run a Hermball-style of offense that will involve an average of 11 punts a game.

I am. Overwhelming defense and a conservative offense is what made me fall in love with the Chiefs during the Martyball era. Granted, all the pieces aren't quite there yet, but we are moving in the right direction for once.

GoTrav
06-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I am. Overwhelming defense and a conservative offense is what made me fall in love with the Chiefs during the Martyball era. Granted, all the pieces aren't quite there yet, but we are moving in the right direction for once.

you're high, I'm not looking forward to that sh1t. There's no reason you have to build defensive team that's offensively sterile. Give me a stout defense and an offense that can score 20 pts a game. Build a complete forkin team for once, Carl.

KurtCobain
06-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Carl Peterson would do anything for money. Including redrum's mom. For the right price, of course.

DaFace
06-23-2007, 06:53 PM
THe curtain has been pulled back on Carl's circus of BS. Until the Hun't fire him, and show the fans they are serious about fielding not simply a financial winner, it will continue to get worse.

I'm glad that more fans, like myself, have told Carl to shove his 15 year plan, and quit buying the overpriced sham he and the Hunt's have put forth. Since they won't be a winner for a couple of years, it's time for Hunt to show the fans he means business by giving the franchise a fresh start and jettisoning Peterson.

November & December black-outs might be a reality this season.

I'd actually argue that the falling number of season ticket subscribers has more to do with the rising ticket prices than the quality of the team. As much as we like to bitch and moan about the Chiefs, there are plenty of other teams that haven't been as consistently successful in the past 20 years as they have.

Drop the prices down to $50 and I'd guarantee they sell out without a problem.

Mecca
06-23-2007, 06:58 PM
I'd actually argue that the falling number of season ticket subscribers has more to do with the rising ticket prices than the quality of the team. As much as we like to bitch and moan about the Chiefs, there are plenty of other teams that haven't been as consistently successful in the past 20 years as they have.

Drop the prices down to $50 and I'd guarantee they sell out without a problem.

Well it's both.....anyone can make a solid assessment that the Chiefs probably won't be that good this year so maybe they don't want to use their money on that this year with how much it costs....

The Chiefs somehow remain one of the highest tickets in the league for being in one of the smaller markets.

Halfcan
06-23-2007, 07:09 PM

actually they had that last year too

hawkchief
06-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Well it's both.....anyone can make a solid assessment that the Chiefs probably won't be that good this year so maybe they don't want to use their money on that this year with how much it costs....

The Chiefs somehow remain one of the highest tickets in the league for being in one of the smaller markets.

This isn't just a one year problem. There has been a gradual, consistent erosion of season ticket holders for the past 5 years. IMO, many people are sick and tired of Carl's act, and the only way to show it is through their renewals. Get off the dime, Clark.

htismaqe
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Look.

Carl's act has worn so thin that the same two people, hawkchief and KCChiefsfan88, are here bitching about it.

BigRock
06-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Look.

Carl's act has worn so thin that the same two people, hawkchief and KCChiefsfan88, are here bitching about it.
We'll see what you're saying when Arrowhead is empty in October!!!1!!11!!!1111!