PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Z likes Albert Lewis as a HoF'er

Deberg_1990
06-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Interesting....maybe hes not such a crazy old coot like i thought...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/06/21/mailbag.0621/index.html

Bruce of Richmond sees a scarcity of cornerbacks in the Hall of Fame. He feeds me the following names for careful consideration -- Bob Boyd (No. More of a zone guy), Lemar Parrish (Absolutely, and I was also very high on his running mate, Ken Riley, the Rattler, who was never picked for anything), Louis Wright (No. Good, solid veteran but not among the very elite), Kermit Alexander (Ditto), Emmitt Thomas (No, but he'd be closer than the last two. In the right year I'd go for him), Lester Hayes (Ditto. I have voted for him in the past), Cornell Green (No. Better as a safety).

OK, he names Deion, Rod Woodson and Darrell Green as recent names who are almost shoo-ins. Do I have any others? Yeah, Albert Lewis. He was as good as any of them. And thanks for your words of encouragement regarding my upcoming book. In trying to peddle it to a publisher, I am using the pitch that many loyal e-mailers will shell out hard earned coin of the realm to purchase it. You are prepared to pay, are you not, Bruce?

Deberg_1990
06-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Pic

DJay23
06-24-2007, 04:10 PM
One of the great all time kick blockers.

Bowser
06-24-2007, 04:11 PM
But not Derrick Thomas. :shake:

Ugly Duck
06-24-2007, 04:18 PM
So am I hearing someone claim that Albert Lewis once played for the Chiefs? Folks... he is a Raider....

Hammock Parties
06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
So am I hearing someone claim that Albert Lewis once played for the Chiefs? Folks... he is a Raider....

Load of bollocks.

morphius
06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Where did he earn his pro bowls?

Marlboro_Chief
06-24-2007, 04:23 PM
He's dead to me. I would rather see DT or Otis Taylor get in.

ChiefsFire
06-24-2007, 04:23 PM

Is, once, and always will be remembered as a Chief...Period

noa
06-24-2007, 04:25 PM

He spent over TWICE as many seasons with the Chiefs

Ugly Duck
06-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Is, once, and always will be remembered as a Chief...Period

So you think he once played for the Chiefs also? I'll go look it up, but he always wore Silver & Black every time I saw him...

noa
06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
So you think he once played for the Chiefs also? I'll go look it up, but he always wore Silver & Black every time I saw him...

Here, I'll do it for you

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/LewiAl00.htm

Maybe you're thinking of someone else :shrug:

ChiefsFire
06-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Maybe if you took the Al Davis colored glasses off once every 10 years you would see beyond the silver and black...

chagrin
06-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Surely you're not serious - he went to 4 consecutive pro bowls AS A CHIEF

gblowfish
06-24-2007, 05:38 PM
He should NOT be on the Chiefs Ring of Honor, neither should Neil Smith.

He voluntarily chose to go to our biggest rival as a free agent.
At the time, it was almost like we traded Albert for Marcus, as they switched teams around the same time.

Any Chiefs player who voluntarily goes free agent to the Raiders or Broncos should automatically be barred from the Chiefs ROH.

DJay23
06-24-2007, 05:47 PM
He should NOT be on the Chiefs Ring of Honor, neither should Neil Smith.

He voluntarily chose to go to our biggest rival as a free agent.
At the time, it was almost like we traded Albert for Marcus, as they switched teams around the same time.

Any Chiefs player who voluntarily goes free agent to the Raiders or Broncos should automatically be barred from the Chiefs ROH.
I like where you're head's at.

Ugly Duck
06-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Surely you're not serious - he went to 4 consecutive pro bowls AS A CHIEF

Hey - you're right! I guess he did get his start as a Chief.... kinda creepy to see such a great Raider in Ketchup & Mustard... eeeyoouu!!!

DJay23
06-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey - you're right! I guess he did get his start as a Chief.... kinda creepy to see such a great Raider in Ketchup & Mustard... eeeyoouu!!!
He got his start, made his name, and did his thing as a Chief. He crawled on his knees into the twilight in Oakland, where once great players go to die.

06-24-2007, 06:20 PM
He is a Chief that was seduced by the dark side. All of his accomplishments are with the Chiefs.

StcChief
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Albert Lewis was very good. The fact that he wanted to get paid AGAIN when FA isn't his fault. Happens all the time.

morphius
06-24-2007, 07:55 PM
He is a Chief that was seduced by the dark side. All of his accomplishments are with the Chiefs.
Once he signed onto the team they went from the dark side to the crap side, 'cause in the 90's they were just B A D.

Rain Man
06-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I think one challenge for the Chiefs' DBs is that there were so many good ones. Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis, Emmitt Thomas, Johnny Robinson, Gary Barbaro, Gary Green, Kevin Ross, Dale Carter, James Hasty...outsiders probably blur them together.

Demonpenz
06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Big whoop he went to the raiders. The players don't really care about the rivelry anymore. Lewis and deserves to be in.