PDA

View Full Version : Getting the off-season out of my system: Anyone getting an iPhone?

Groves
06-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, is anyone getting an iPhone?

Direckshun
06-24-2007, 10:13 PM
As much as I'd like a 2 by 3 inch computer, I'll be okay without it.

KurtCobain
06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
**** no

CoMoChief
06-24-2007, 10:17 PM
It looks cool, but I don't think it's worth the dough.

06-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Sure, I have $600 to friggin blow on a gadget that isn't worth half that.

Smed1065
06-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Only if you hand them out....

morphius
06-24-2007, 10:22 PM
I can't see spending that much money on a PDA type phone that will not let you load 3rd party applications.

Dunit35
06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
No thanks...after I got engaged I quickly realized I don't use my phone for anything other then talking to my fiance at work and family, sometimes friends.

Eleazar
06-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Not at that price. Should be great for AT&T though.

Buehler445
06-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Here's what I want on my phone (in no particular order)

1. Small as hell to fit in my pocket
2. Phone book
3. Amazing reception - Most important
4. Bluetooth (I actually use it quite a bit)
5. Durable

Take out all the crap to make room for #1 and make it $99 so I don't have to re-up my contract every time I buy one, and I will be one happy dude.

StcChief
06-25-2007, 04:48 AM
No way. let someone else play tech curve development

Bob Dole
06-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Um... No.

Pneuma
06-25-2007, 06:08 AM
Way to expensive @ $600...then a 2 yr contract. I will wait for a similar phone @ 1/4 of the price.

Bugeater
06-25-2007, 06:56 AM

Silock
06-25-2007, 07:04 AM
I'd like to, and it IS worth every penny, regardless of what the haters say. But I just can't afford it right now. I'm sure I'll get one eventually, but not now.

Bwana
06-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Wait it out. In a year it will at half price or less from the screwing they are trying to lay on you now.

Silock
06-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Wait it out. In a year it will at half price or less from the screwing they are trying to lay on you now.

How is the price out of line with any other phone PDA on the market? It's not at all. It's just not as affordable as you'd like, so you get to complain. *

* = the general "you", not you specifically.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 07:41 AM

Or, like the ipod, you'll soon be able to find something comparable or better without having to pay the Apple tax.

jidar
06-25-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm done buying portable gadgets that I wont use.

If I lived in a city and used a lot of public transportation it would be different, but I live in a small town and my drive to work is less than 10 minutes round trip.

KCFalcon59
06-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Sure, I have $600 to friggin blow on a gadget that isn't worth half that.

Haven't we been through this before?

KCFalcon59
06-25-2007, 07:56 AM

Does Apple ever cut the price of it's merchandise? I would love to have an iPhone. Can't see spending that much money at this time.

Bwana
06-25-2007, 07:57 AM
How is the price out of line with any other phone PDA on the market? It's not at all. It's just not as affordable as you'd like, so you get to complain. *

* = the general "you", not you specifically.

Wooo, easy there Silock, Prozac up and lets try this again. Do you own stock in the company or what? :hmmm:

All I'm saying is, not unlike most new feel good new gadgets in the marken place, they go down in a relatively short period of time. It's a fact that if a person buys something that is fresh off the drawing board, they are going to pay a premium price as opposed to waiting it out and being able to get the same item for a considerable discount within a year.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Wooo, easy there Silock, Prozac up and lets try this again. Do you own stock in the company or what? :hmmm:

All I'm saying is, not unlike most new feel good new gadgets in the marken place, they go down in a relatively short period of time. It's a fact that if a person buys something that is fresh off the drawing board, they are going to pay a premium price as opposed to waiting it out and being able to get the same item for a considerable discount within a year.

I doubt if they are going to reduce the price on this. I'm sure their strategy is that having two levels of the product will assuage any need to make it more practical for the... well, for those who aren't hemorrhaging money like a sailor on shore leave. Apple is a premium price brand. I bet there won't be a substantial price reduction until a newer version comes out.

FAX
06-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Okay. I'll bite.

What's an iPhone do?

FAX

Silock
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM

Of course, but they'll lower the price when they come out with a better version. Happens all the time. The new version will take over at the premium price point. That's Apple's strategy and it has been that way for a very long time.

All I'm saying is that the current price point is far from being a "screwing" when you look at how expensive other PDAs are. Other PDAs are just as, or more, expensive than the iPhone. And they have their advantages over the iPhone as well as their disadvantages. But the market price for the iPhone is totally fair.

Like I said, though, that wasn't directed at you specifically.

Bwana
06-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I doubt if they are going to reduce the price on this. I'm sure their strategy is that having two levels of the product will assuage any need to make it more practical for the... well, for those who aren't hemorrhaging money like a sailor on shore leave. Apple is a premium price brand. I bet there won't be a substantial price reduction until a newer version comes out.

You may be right Cochise. I guess I was counting on a like product in the market place, or a a new version showing up within a years time. When that happens, the price on this model will tank. Don't get me wrong, it look like a fun piece of equipment and I guess if someone is really into it, go for it. For me, it's not worth the coin at that price. I could get one hell of a fly rod for six small and it won't be outdated in a year or two. :)

Bwana
06-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Of course, but they'll lower the price when they come out with a better version. Happens all the time. The new version will take over at the premium price point. That's Apple's strategy and it has been that way for a very long time.

All I'm saying is that the current price point is far from being a "screwing" when you look at how expensive other PDAs are. Other PDAs are just as, or more, expensive than the iPhone. And they have their advantages over the iPhone as well as their disadvantages. But the market price for the iPhone is totally fair.

I understand, in fact, we are saying the same thing for the most part. :)

So are you picking one up Silock?

jAZ
06-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Will AT&T give a price break with their contract? Or is the $5/600 price the post-contract price?

FAX
06-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Okay. I'll bite.

What's an iPhone do?

FAX

You guys are going to make me google this, aren't you?

FAX

Frazod
06-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Looks interesting, but I'll wait until the price comes down and all the bugs get worked out at the expense of the hip and trendy crowd.

Silock
06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
So are you picking one up Silock?

Hell no. I can't afford that thing! lol

Besides, I'm on a Sprint plan with unlimited text and data for $30/mo., so it would take a seriously good deal to get me to switch.

Buehler445
06-25-2007, 08:26 AM

FAX

I think it has all the functionality of smart phones (email, apps, etc.)

Has big hard drive for MP3's, Movie Downloads and has a camera for all those GD camera phone pictures.

I think one of the big selling points is its "Apple user-friendliness."

Don't quote me on any of that, but I think that is the way it is.

Silock
06-25-2007, 08:28 AM

FAX

http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/guidedtour.html

Guided tour on Apple's site. Warning, though... it will make you want one.

FAX
06-25-2007, 08:29 AM
I think it has all the functionality of smart phones (email, apps, etc.)

Has big hard drive for MP3's, Movie Downloads and has a camera for all those GD camera phone pictures.

I think one of the big selling points is its "Apple user-friendliness."

Don't quote me on any of that, but I think that is the way it is.

Thanks. And you as well, Mr. Silock.

Oopsie. I quoted you, Mr. Buehler445.

FAX

allen_kcCard
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM

FAX

I'll leave some bread crumbs.

First think of other things that have an "i" in front of them, for example, iPod, ir iMac.

Now, take a look at iPhone, put the fist lesson learned and apply the new word, and eureka, a phone that Apple made.

Ribbing aside, it is a fancy new phone mac is putting out.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 08:34 AM
http://gear.ign.com/articles/798/798877p1.html

Good article there about it.

Unfortunately it uses AT&T's obsolete EDGE network for data instead of 3G.

Like someone said, Apple isn't letting anyone develop third party applications for it.

Nobody really knows what AT&T is planning on charging for the service. If you are paying $600 for a PDA, having AT&T make you sign up for 2 years at more than $100 a month or something would be pretty steep.

Silock
06-25-2007, 08:38 AM
http://gear.ign.com/articles/798/798877p1.html

Good article there about it.

Unfortunately it uses AT&T's obsolete EDGE network for data instead of 3G.

Like someone said, Apple isn't letting anyone develop third party applications for it.

Nobody really knows what AT&T is planning on charging for the service. If you are paying $600 for a PDA, having AT&T make you sign up for 2 years at more than $100 a month or something would be pretty steep.

EDGE for the LOSE.

I imagine they'll be updating that with the next release around Christmas or something.

ChiefsFan4Life
06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Nope - I may get one way down the line but certainly not now

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
EDGE for the LOSE.

I imagine they'll be updating that with the next release around Christmas or something.

As a current subscriber/victim of Cingular, I can tell you that even on a regular phone, using any of the online stuff is slower.than.sh#t. I can't imagine that things are going to be any better running safari.

Maybe websites that have a special mobile version might be ok.

the Talking Can
06-25-2007, 08:46 AM
back in my day, our phones just dialed numbers...and we liked it that way...

the Talking Can
06-25-2007, 08:49 AM
wouldn't the iphone make more money if it had a tiny plastic vagina built into it so all the nerds could get their micro-weiners off while using their nifty safari browsers to look at candids from the latest Halo 2 World Championships in Djibouti?

FAX
06-25-2007, 08:50 AM
wouldn't the iphone make more money if it had a tiny plastic vagina built into it so all the nerds could get their micro-weiners off while using their nifty safari browsers to look at candids from the latest Halo 2 World Championships in Djibouti?

ROFL

FAX

KCFalcon59
06-25-2007, 10:00 AM

Everybody have fun tonight, everybody Wang Chung tonight.

ceebz
06-25-2007, 10:08 AM

I can't think of one PDA phone that costs $600 WITH a 2-year.
:rolleyes:

Braincase
06-25-2007, 10:21 AM
All that and it only supports IMAP4 for email?

irishjayhawk
06-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Yet it isn't just a PDA phone. Does any other "comparable" phone have 4 or 8 gb storage and double as an ipod essentially?

The price point is steep, but it isn't over priced.

ceebz
06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Yet it isn't just a PDA phone. Does any other "comparable" phone have 4 or 8 gb storage and double as an ipod essentially?

The price point is steep, but it isn't over priced.

Believe it or not, Nokia released a music phone with a 4 or 8GB hdd over 2 years ago. I believe it's priced in the $300 range.

Let's see, no enterprise solutions, no expandable memory, no 3rd party applications, no 3G support, no removable battery, no hardware keyboard, no IM app included, should I go on?

It's $600 for an 8Gb ipod and a phone. No, the iPhone ain't overpriced. ROFL

It's absolutely amazing to me how people can be so easily bought by marketing and hype. :shake:

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
All the iphone talk has me interested in a device that is a pda but doubles as an MP3 player. If there were a device around half of the iphone's price I would think about getting one.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 11:00 AM

It's $600 WITH a 2-year commitment? What does it cost without one, $800?

That's highway robbery. I feel sorry for the apple fanboys who don't know any better...

ceebz
06-25-2007, 11:01 AM
All the iphone talk has me interested in a device that is a pda but doubles as an MP3 player. If there were a device around half of the iphone's price I would think about getting one.

Just about any PDA phone will do this and they're all about half the price of the iPhone.

BigMeatballDave
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
I have the LG VX8600. Its has an mp3 player on it. It takes a microSD for storage. Cost me $80. I've yet to use the player.

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/images/lg-VX8600-angle-thumb.jpg

BigMeatballDave
06-25-2007, 11:08 AM
It's $600 WITH a 2-year commitment? What does it cost without one, $800?

That's highway robbery. I feel sorry for the apple fanboys who don't know any better...WITH a 2-year? That is ****ing insane!

WilliamTheIrish
06-25-2007, 11:08 AM
It was hilarious watching Jobs try to use the keyboard at the unveiling. He was fumbling around and the keyboard wasn't responding.

I'm surprised AT&T was willing to give up so much in order get the phone.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2007-01-28-verizon-iphone_x.htm

Among other things, Apple wanted a percentage of the monthly cellphone fees, say over how and where iPhones could be sold and control of the relationship with iPhone customers.
Customer care was another hitch: If an iPhone went haywire, Apple wanted sole discretion over whether to replace or repair the phone.

Not sure I would throw 6 bills at a gadget with those questions in the balance.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
WITH a 2-year? That is ****ing insane!

I don't know what the poster I quoted knows... What I read earlier/yesterday said that AT&T is being secretive about the details of the service agreement required.

JBucc
06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I have a cell phone to make phone calls. If I wanted to blow 600 on an overpriced overhyped gizmo I'd buy a PS3. At least it doesn't come with a shitty service plan.

BigMeatballDave
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a cell phone to make phone calls. If I wanted to blow 600 on an overpriced overhyped gizmo I'd buy a PS3. At least it doesn't come with a shitty service plan.No shit...
ROFL

Frazod
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I have the LG VX8600. Its has an mp3 player on it. It takes a microSD for storage. Cost me $80. I've yet to use the player.

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/images/lg-VX8600-angle-thumb.jpg

In hindsight, I would have gotten one of these, but not now, as I have a relatively new Katana phone and a relatively new nano iPod. The only reason I later bought the iPod was because my new car has a jack for one, and it seemed preferable to lugging a case of CDs around for a single-disk slot stereo.

Of course, now I carry the damn thing everywhere - much like TiVo, you quickly forget how you ever functioned without it (walk down the street WITHOUT MUSIC?!!??! oh the humanity :spock: ).

Sure would be nice if these things were combined. Perhaps next time I upgrade.

ceebz
06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't know what the poster I quoted knows... What I read earlier/yesterday said that AT&T is being secretive about the details of the service agreement required.

The details in question are whether or not at&t will require you to purchase a data plan in your agreement. My sources at at&t say this STILL has not been decided.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 11:18 AM
The details in question are whether or not at&t will require you to purchase a data plan in your agreement. My sources at at&t say this STILL has not been decided.

Are the stated prices including some kind of a 'discount' for the 2-year commitment?

ceebz
06-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Are the stated prices including some kind of a 'discount' for the 2-year commitment?

I think retail pricing on the iPhone was announced to be $999. So, I guess you could call the $600 price tag subsidized, but, even that is not really clear.

Regardless, for $600 I could buy an 80GB iPod and a nice phone.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I think retail pricing on the iPhone was announced to be $999.

Is their CEO Steve Jobs or P. T. Barnum?

ceebz
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Is their CEO Steve Jobs or P. T. Barnum?

It has a touch screen and runs Google Maps, I think it's worth it!
:p

irishjayhawk
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Believe it or not, Nokia released a music phone with a 4 or 8GB hdd over 2 years ago. I believe it's priced in the $300 range.

Let's see, no enterprise solutions, no expandable memory, no 3rd party applications, no 3G support, no removable battery, no hardware keyboard, no IM app included, should I go on?

It's $600 for an 8Gb ipod and a phone. No, the iPhone ain't overpriced. ROFL

It's absolutely amazing to me how people can be so easily bought by marketing and hype. :shake:

It's also amazing how many people can be so easily bought by hating.

Let's see. The Nokia Music Phone with GBs wasn't a smart phone, so the comparison is dumb.

There are 3rd party applications, 3G is on the way (I believe they said it was a software fix later in the year), and the IM application will easily be added with the 3rd party applications.

And as for the hardware keyboard, NO ONE KNOWS if that will be a pro or a con, so stop listing it as a con, when you don't know. And for a first entry into a crowded market, the iPhone is pretty good. It can only get better.

irishjayhawk
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I think retail pricing on the iPhone was announced to be $999. So, I guess you could call the $600 price tag subsidized, but, even that is not really clear.

Regardless, for $600 I could buy an 80GB iPod and a nice phone.

I have never head the retail price being $999. Source?

And FTR, I'm not getting one. However, to say it's overpriced is naive.

ceebz
06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
I have never head the retail price being $999. Source?

And FTR, I'm not getting one. However, to say it's overpriced is naive.

Like I said, the pricing models aren't really clear. There's been rumors of a $799 non-contract price and $999 non-contract price. Search Google and you'll find the info.

And I don't see how it's naive to call the iPhone over priced? Just what does it offer that no other phone doesn't?

Silock
06-25-2007, 12:06 PM

Perhaps you should think a little harder.

http://www.amazon.com/PCS-Phone-Audiovox-PPC-6601-Sprint/dp/B000FOD0GC/ref=sr_1_40/103-0990668-4391022?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1182794702&sr=1-40

Silock
06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
I think retail pricing on the iPhone was announced to be $999.

Seriously, dude... not even close.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6151185.html

irishjayhawk
06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Like I said, the pricing models aren't really clear. There's been rumors of a $799 non-contract price and $999 non-contract price. Search Google and you'll find the info.

And I don't see how it's naive to call the iPhone over priced? Just what does it offer that no other phone doesn't?

Umm, I've seen a bunch of features, mainly having to do with touch screen patents.

ceebz
06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Perhaps you should think a little harder.

http://www.amazon.com/PCS-Phone-Audiovox-PPC-6601-Sprint/dp/B000FOD0GC/ref=sr_1_40/103-0990668-4391022?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1182794702&sr=1-40

ROFL Does Sprint even offer that phone anymore?

ceebz
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Seriously, dude... not even close.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6151185.html

Both of those prices are with contract. Retail pricing (without contract) is somewhat unknown at this point. Nobody's even sure if Apple will even sell the iPhone unlocked, without a 2-year agreement.

irishjayhawk
06-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Both of those prices are with contract. Retail pricing (without contract) is somewhat unknown at this point. Nobody's even sure if Apple will even sell the iPhone unlocked, without a 2-year agreement.

Although big things were made of the lack of 2 Year Activation language from commercials - that was there and then was removed.

ceebz
06-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Umm, I've seen a bunch of features, mainly having to do with touch screen patents.

Now patents are features? I've already listed many features that are prevalent in your common phone today that the iPhone lacks.

List some of these innovative features that the iPhone is bringing to the market that justify the cost??????

dirk digler
06-25-2007, 12:27 PM

My work got me a Cingular 8125. Put in a cheap 2gb SD card in it and load music on it. Works great.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 12:29 PM
My work got me a Cingular 8125. Put in a cheap 2gb SD card in it and load music on it. Works great.

That would be great. SD cards are cheap as hell. I bought a 2GB one for my digital camera for I think $20.

dirk digler
06-25-2007, 12:31 PM
That would be great. SD cards are cheap as hell. I bought a 2GB one for my digital camera for I think $20.

Yep I got mine from Amazon for like $24 or something.

The phone itself is like $400 I think but I read earlier you are a Cingular customer you may get it cheaper than that.

The only bad thing about the phone is the battery life which sucks. You basically have to charge it every night.

Groves
06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
For anyone wanting to know what all the fuss is about

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Anyone who can watch those commercials and say, "my phone has that kind of fluid functionality" is not telling the truth.

I love the "Calamari" commercial the best.

I can't afford this thing, but all of the objections, as someone pointed out, we've heard already when the ipod came out. THAT thing sure was an overpriced fad, huh. Good thing nobody bought THAT non-replaceable-battery one trick pony, huh.

ceebz
06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
For anyone wanting to know what all the fuss is about

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Anyone who can watch those commercials and say, "my phone has that kind of fluid functionality" is not telling the truth.

I love the "Calamari" commercial the best.

I can't afford this thing, but all of the objections, as someone pointed out, we've heard already when the ipod came out. THAT thing sure was an overpriced fad, huh. Good thing nobody bought THAT non-replaceable-battery one trick pony, huh.

Comparing the iPhone to the ipod is ridiculous. Completely different markets. The iPod had ZERO competition when it came out, ZERO.

Groves
06-25-2007, 03:08 PM
zero competition didn't stop people from using what they thought were legit complaints. I don't even think they were haters, they just couldn't see how anyone could want a music player that "lacked" so many things, and "cost" so much.

I think they were wrong. I think the ipod was a hit.

Will the iPhone follow the same path? Who knows. Could be a huge flop, true. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that it will do quite well.

I think the human race is generally pretty stoked on function and ease of use. We'd like to add "free" to the equation, but we'll pay for it if we have to.

Comparing the iPhone to the iPod may not be accurate, but it's certainly not ridiculous. Comparing the iPhone to Phobia's smoked ribs, now THAT would be ridiculous.

Rooster
06-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Watch out!!! 20:1 odds you get trampled...... :eek:

When the long-awaited iPhone hits store shelves this week, no doubt many Apple enthusiasts will adopt early as they've done in the past with other products from the company. But just how crazy it gets is anyone's bet.
In fact, BetUS.com figures the odds are 20-1 that someone will get trampled while scrambling to snag one June 29. The site has also put odds on how long the batteries will last and whether the devices will be recalled.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/070625_iphone_future.html

morphius
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
There are 3rd party applications, 3G is on the way (I believe they said it was a software fix later in the year), and the IM application will easily be added with the 3rd party applications.

Dude! There are NO third party apps for the iphone, none, notta, zlicho. Going to a web site that is running a web page is NOT installing an application. No matter how many times apple tries to trick you into believing it.

NewChief
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
zero competition didn't stop people from using what they thought were legit complaints. I don't even think they were haters, they just couldn't see how anyone could want a music player that "lacked" so many things, and "cost" so much.

I think they were wrong. I think the ipod was a hit.

Will the iPhone follow the same path? Who knows. Could be a huge flop, true. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that it will do quite well.

I think the human race is generally pretty stoked on function and ease of use. We'd like to add "free" to the equation, but we'll pay for it if we have to.

Comparing the iPhone to the iPod may not be accurate, but it's certainly not ridiculous. Comparing the iPhone to Phobia's smoked ribs, now THAT would be ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous in the fact that the new generation of users want gadgets with which they identify. Sure there are cheaper alternatives to the iPod that might be better, but that doesn't change the fact that the iPod has the largest market share of mp3 players and is very successful. If all people cared about was quality and function, then we'd all be driving boring cars and wearing boring clothes. People want devices that will create their identity, just like their car or clothing. I heard students, just at the end of the year, talking about how they were going to save up all their money from their summer jobs in order to buy an iPhone. It will be a success, maybe not at the level of the iPod, but it will succeed.

Eleazar
06-25-2007, 06:33 PM
People want devices that will create their identity, just like their car or clothing.

I need to create my own identity, and to do that I just need the same phone as everyone I am trying to emulate. :p

NewChief
06-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I need to create my own identity, and to do that I just need the same phone as everyone I am trying to emulate. :p

I'm not saying that it's cool or that I agree, I'm just saying that's the case. I don't even have an mp3 player, and I finally got my first cell phone about 6 months ago (the cheapest LG I could get with my contract). But yes, conformity is a huge, huge, huge driving factor. As soon as all the Teeny Boppers read interviews with Paris or some other twit talking about how they can't live without their iPhone, they'll be rushing to grab them up.

Logical
06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
OK I am a Neandrathal, what is an iphone?

gblowfish
06-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Just don't lay it down on a restaurant table in San Diego, or Fightclub1983 is off and running with it.

Little cross thread humor :)

morphius
06-25-2007, 07:38 PM
OK I am a Neandrathal, what is an iphone?
It is a like a smart phone, PDA, that appears to have a very sweat interface, as Apple is famous for, with a large screen, 8GB of space, thin and apparently a long battery life.

Sadly it is more expensive then a cheap laptop, doesn't allow 3rd party application to be installed, and is only available on the slow Cingular network, and it seems to rely pretty heavily on being able to connect wifi. Being that it has a touch screen, also means that it lacks the keypad feel that touch typists use on the blackberry and similar phones.

It is also being hyped almost as badly as Paris Hilton.

Logical
06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
It is a like a smart phone, PDA, that appears to have a very sweat interface, as Apple is famous for, with a large screen, 8GB of space, thin and apparently a long battery life.

Sadly it is more expensive then a cheap laptop, doesn't allow 3rd party application to be installed, and is only available on the slow Cingular network, and it seems to rely pretty heavily on being able to connect wifi. Being that it has a touch screen, also means that it lacks the keypad feel that touch typists use on the blackberry and similar phones.

It is also being hyped almost as badly as Paris Hilton.

Thanks for the explanation morph

listopencil
06-26-2007, 12:02 AM
It's a big lump of iShit. It's just a cell phone that has all the latest bells and whistles with a touch screen. Big ****ing deal. They stick an "i" in front of the name and charge you three times what they should.

06-26-2007, 12:05 AM
I just watch Jobs Keynote speech today. Man SNL is not far off when they make fun of him.

HMc
06-26-2007, 06:16 AM
i'd rather have a nokia e61i.

convict1983
06-26-2007, 06:27 AM
I might try to steal someones'.

Silock
06-26-2007, 07:53 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/rbracey/iphoneplans.jpg

Silock
06-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Also have family and existing customer plans: