PDA

View Full Version : Reported trade rumor NBA

Dunit35
06-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Lakers could get Kevin Garnett

Trade: Odom and Bynum and 19th overall pick to the Wolves

Thoughts?

There were talks of a 4 team trade that might have broke down also, Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and the Celtics.

Micjones
06-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Damn you Zeke...
New York could use Garnett.

chagrin
06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
How do Kobe and Kevin fit in the same court, or is Kobe gone? I haven't paid much attention

88TG88
06-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm starting to think Bynum is to timid to be a great center. It would also help Kobe stay. Sounds like a good trade

the Talking Can
06-26-2007, 01:28 PM
that would be a steal...trash and a pick for KG....

kcxiv
06-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Kobe isnt going a god damn place. If that happens Buss will be crucified in L.A. This trade will happen, and it will happen before the Draft on thursday.

kcxiv
06-26-2007, 01:31 PM
that would be a steal...trash and a pick for KG....
I dont think it would be that much of a steal. T'Wolves were going to lose him after the year is up anyways. So the are getting something out of it at least. McHale knows this, this is why they are pretty far into talks already.

the Talking Can
06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I dont think it would be that much of a steal. T'Wolves were going to lose him after the year is up anyways. So the are getting something out of it at least. McHale knows this, this is why they are pretty far into talks already.

true enough...but just considering their value as players, Lakers are getting the better end of it for sure..

eazyb81
06-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Would be a great deal for both sides.

LA picks up a premier player that they can pair with Kobe and immediately vault into title contention.

Minny picks up a potential star in Bynum, an established player in Odom, and a top 20 draft pick they can use to start rebuilding. They were losing Garnett eventually, so this allows them to get something instead of nothing.

Jamie
06-26-2007, 01:41 PM
That 4-way was ridiculous, it had Boston giving it's best young player and the 5th pick for Jermaine O'Neal. It was pretty funny to watch Sportcenter report it yesterday with the enthusiasm of a Lakers fan board. When some analyst pointed out that Boston would have to be insane to do that trade, the Sportscenter anchor was practically incredulous. "But they're still talking about it. KG to LA. KG to LA."

kcxiv
06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I have also heard 2 conflicting reports.

1 is, that KB is trying to block the trade saying whatever KG does KObe is leaving anyways.

2. then i hear, Kobe is talking to Garnett saying help make the deal, so he can get to L.A .

Gotta love the offseason in any major sport.

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2007, 01:52 PM
How does this deal get Hughes out of Cleveland? (Sorry, that's what I really want to see...)

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 01:53 PM
If KB was smart he'd want Garnett along, oh wait he's a dumbass

kcxiv
06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
If KB was smart he'd want Garnett along, oh wait he's a dumbass
Yeah, a Dumbass with a fat bank account. Wish i could say that.

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't know if i could, but im doing alright $$$ wise lately, cause paris hilton is a dumbass with a fat bank account. :p

kcxiv
06-26-2007, 02:03 PM
I wouldnt exactly say Kobe is stupid. I think he's more depserate, He's 28 years old, with ALOT of miles on his body already. He has to get a team around him and now. I remember while growing up i used to listen to a rapper called "Spice 1" There was a song called "acts of a desperate man" Its so true on mahy levels. Well what the song was about.

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I wouldnt exactly say Kobe is stupid. I think he's more depserate, He's 28 years old, with ALOT of miles on his body already. He has to get a team around him and now. I remember while growing up i used to listen to a rapper called "Spice 1" There was a song called "acts of a desperate man" Its so true on mahy levels. Well what the song was about.
he is not a TOTAL Dumbass but has done stupid stuff like that chick when he had a gorgeous wife, and spouted about being traded then not being traded etc.

kcxiv
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
he is not a TOTAL Dumbass but has done stupid stuff like that chick when he had a gorgeous wife, and spouted about being traded then not being traded etc.
True, he's a dumbass, even to cheat on his wife, but i do understand how superstar atheletes can be Easily tempted with all that ass just being thrown at them. Its easy to say we woouldnt ever do that, but we are also not in a position like them.lol

Kclee
06-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Well, you can say at least half of it. :)

Mr. Laz
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
still hope Garnett goes to Chicago

Ebolapox
06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
yep... bulls fan here, and I'd MUCH rather have garnett than bryant

Delano
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
When I saw the 5th selection and Jefferson going to Minnesota for Garnett I was excited, but I don't see it happening.