PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sims Rips On Herm

GoHuge
06-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I wonder who he blames for sucking before Herm was here?

Ex-Chief battles bad rap
TOM BALOG-Hearld tribune

TAMPA -- Ryan Sims should have become the Warren Sapp of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Instead, he has wound up as a larger, younger, version of Anthony McFarland with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- a retread defensive tackle battling a history of injury and lethargy.

The former No.6 overall pick of the 2002 NFL draft is fighting for a roster spot with the Buccaneers.

For now, the most mammoth presence among the Buccaneers' nine defensive tackles in mini-camp at 6-foot-4, 315 pounds, Sims is welcomed with open arms.

"Ryan Sims is working hard, a big fellow in the middle who's going to help us on our run (defense)," Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin said. "I think you have to give people a second opportunity. It didn't work out in Kansas City for whatever reason. It didn't work out for Chris Hovan (in Minnesota). It didn't work out for (Greg) Spires (in Cleveland and New England). It didn't work out for Simeon Rice (in Arizona)."

Sims did little more in five seasons with the Chiefs than give the team reason to jump at the chance to unload him.

The Bucs sent an undisclosed draft pick to Kansas City to acquire Sims on May 1.

Tuesday, Sims blasted Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards, the former Bucs defensive backs coach, for creating what Sims perceives as a negative environment in Edwards' first year in Kansas City in 2006.

"Some coaches just believe the more negative you are ... You don't have a team of 28 guys trying to get traded for nothing," Sims said. "Every starter there is trying to get out of there. ... Look at it. Ask (quarterback) Trent Green (traded to the Miami Dolphins) about it.

"You can just look at the numbers, look at the morale, you tell me.

"We had the 32nd (ranked) defense when I got there, it was 32nd for years. Obviously I'm not the only person out there.

"I'm here. These coaches are great. It's totally different. Very positive here. It's time for a new lease, time to play."

The Bucs are betting little that Sims can shed the two raps against him -- that he became a first-round prospect at North Carolina only because he played alongside Julius Peppers. And second, that he became complacent after he was given a reported $9.75 million signing bonus by the Chiefs.

Tampa Bay, which reportedly restructured Sims' contract, wants to see the 2003 Ryan Sims, who posted 83 tackles and three sacks in 16 starts at nose tackle. Or the 2004 Ryan Sims who made 30 tackles and two sacks in 13 starts for Kansas City.

Or the 2001 Ryan Sims who posted five sacks and 51 tackles as a senior for the Tar Heels.

Sims is better known for being inactive for 10 games in 2005 with a sprained right foot and playing only six games his rookie year before a dislocated elbow sent him to the injured reserve list.

"He's got to be Ryan Sims, OK? He's got to be the guy he was at North Carolina and at times in Kansas City," said Bucs head coach Jon Gruden. "He's had some injuries. For whatever reason, he hasn't produced to the standards I think people expected. But he's got another opportunity now."

Early indications are that Sims is taking advantage of this new lease on life in the NFL.

"He's a big strong, powerful guy, highly motivated right now," said Bucs defensive line coach Larry Coyer. "Sometimes you get a new opportunity in life, that happens.

"He's a different kind of defensive lineman, him and (Kevin) Carter both (6-foot-6, 305) than we've played with here. Big, powerful men, hard to move. It's been really impressive out here. We'll see when the (training) camp comes, but he's really stepped up, though."

"They love defense here, period. They've got a history of defense. They love defensive lineman," Sims said. "This is a big opportunity. My goal is to start. I didn't come here to be a backup. I don't think anybody came here to be a backup. That's what I'm doing every day, trying to be a starter."

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 05:55 PM
What a fat ****, stfu and prove yourself in TB....i hope he sucks so bad he's cut

unothadeal
REPOST

StcChief
repost . Ever use the search button ... I guess 'new thread' is too easy :)

or just go down a page or two. :)

Direckshun
06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
You should have your posting priviledges revoked until I change my mind.

GoHuge
06-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Well hell I went down two pages. My bad, I yield.

macdawg
06-26-2007, 06:08 PM
not all of us have thousands of posts & hours to read here guys, give him a break I hadn't seen this

Gonzo
06-26-2007, 06:27 PM
I wonder how the got a quote from Sims at all, his mouth is usually full of boneless buffalo wings and fried cheese.

blueballs
06-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Simms on one side with no spleen
Sims on the other with no spine

TinyEvel
06-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey, maybe we can re-reply to the repost!

(insert Krispy Kreme joke here)

CoMoChief
06-26-2007, 06:35 PM
This original post was on the front page for a long time, you should know better than that.

chagrin
06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
What the heck?

chagrin
06-26-2007, 06:38 PM
TEAM AMERICA, PHUK YEAH!

chagrin
06-26-2007, 06:40 PM
http://images.wikia.com/evchk/images/thumb/c/ce/WOW%21.jpg/150px-WOW%21.jpg

KcMizzou
06-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Well hell I went down two pages. My bad, I yield.LMAO

Please assume a submisive posture. Hopefully they'll take it easy on ya.

I can lend you a smoke afterwards, if you'd like.

gblowfish
06-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Hey, maybe we can re-reply to the repost!

(insert Krispy Kreme joke here)

FAX
06-26-2007, 07:45 PM
There once was a lineman named Sims
Whose future in football was grim
His big lardass was benched
'Caused he had to be winched
Into lockerrooms, buses, and gyms.

FAX

KcMizzou
06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
There once was a lineman named Sims
Whose future in football was grim
His big lardass was benched
'Caused he had to be winched
Into lockerrooms, buses, and gyms.

FAXBravo!

:clap:

greg63
06-26-2007, 08:16 PM
"I'm here. These coaches are great. It's totally different. Very positive here. It's time for a new lease, time to play."
Oh, now he's ready to play.

GoHuge
06-26-2007, 08:31 PM
LMAO

Please assume a submisive posture. Hopefully they'll take it easy on ya.

I can lend you a smoke afterwards, if you'd like.I'm going to take a hot bath. I feel dirty. :hail: