PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these players will go to the Hall of Fame?

Hammock Parties
06-26-2007, 07:18 PM
I'd say half this group has a decent shot.

Direckshun
06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Sapp runs away with this group.

Taylor's probably second. Peppers has a decent shot, Palmer's not out of the question if he can sustain this level of play for quite a few more years, and LJ could pull it off but he's going to have to play well into his 30's to get there.

Big Ben? Way too soon to tell, but I think he's already hit his apex.

Boldin? Not if he stays in Arizona.

Westbrook's been a really good sometimes-Pro Bowler. That ain't enough. Same with Donnie Edwards.

McNabb's legacy is too short.

88TG88
06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Carson Palmer

Sam Hall
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Sapp been good enough for a long enough period of time. Rings would really help McNabb and Westbrook. Taylor will make it. Big Ben has to shake the overrated tag.

Hammock Parties
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Carson Palmer already has 80 TD passes. I bet he hits 300 without breaking a sweat.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Warren Sapp with Carson Palmer a close second. Cinci's got way too much talent up there for them not to put it together at some point soon. And once he's got a championship, he'll be in, especially if he continues his high level of play.

cdcox
06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Ben Roethlisberger - has a good start in terms of a ring, but he'll need 4 pro-bowl appearnces in the next 8 years to have a good shot. Odds against.
Larry Johnson - longevity will be the issue. If I had to bet I'd say no.
Anquan Boldin - good start. Has a chance.
Julius Peppers - good start. Has a chance.
Warren Sapp - 7 PB, a ring, borderline, but his high profile probaly gets him in.
Carson Palmer - very good shot, only injury will keep him out.
Brian Westbrook - no chance
Donovan McNabb - needs a ring. Has had 2 sub-par seasons, so his stats aren't going to get him there without the ring.
Jason Taylor - he's 33 with only 5 probowls, needs another 30 sacks to have a good shot, I'll say no.
Donnie Edwards - no way, not even close. Only one probowl as an alternate.

htismaqe
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Donnie Edwards is a classic "compiler".

If he should chance into a championship, he might back in.

Bowser
06-26-2007, 07:50 PM
McNabb would be a lock if he could secure a SB victory.

Sapp's probably a lock as is.

Peppers will get in if he stays productive.

Palmer is in if he can keep it up another 10 years.

LJ maybe, if he gets a ring and is productive like now AT LEAST another four, maybe five, years.

JBucc
06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Kind of an odd list. I'll say Palmer, Peppers, Sapp, Palmer, and Taylor get in. Boldin and LJ just depends on longevity.

Direckshun
06-26-2007, 07:55 PM
If Cincinnati wins a Super Bowl, they'll be a clone of the Colts team that won it this year.

QB who runs everything, killer receiving corps, stout OL with a good run game, overall an offense that drags an underachieving defense that can't stop the run for the life of itself.

I think it's simply too hard to win a Super Bowl without a stingy defense. The Colts only did it because they have maybe the best QB ever driving the team and they only faced one good offense out of four that they faced in the playoffs.

RJ
06-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Sapp is the only lock here. If he retired tomorrow it wouldn't matter, he has nothing else to prove. Can't say that about anyone else on the list.

Demonpenz
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Sapp is a lock, though I thought DT was a lock

CoMoChief
06-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't really think anyone other than Sapp goes, on that list.

Direckshun
06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Sapp is a lock, though I thought DT was a lock
SAPP IS ONE-DIMENSIONAL!!!

crazycoffey
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
I thought Sapp was just a sack artist, he can't make it......

:p

Hey, lost in the mail, how did you come up with this random list?

crazycoffey
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
SAPP IS ONE-DIMENSIONAL!!!

damn it, you beat me to it.

CoMoChief
06-26-2007, 08:07 PM
If Cincinnati wins a Super Bowl, they'll be a clone of the Colts team that won it this year.

QB who runs everything, killer receiving corps, stout OL with a good run game, overall an offense that drags an underachieving defense that can't stop the run for the life of itself.

I think it's simply too hard to win a Super Bowl without a stingy defense. The Colts only did it because they have maybe the best QB ever driving the team and they only faced one good offense out of four that they faced in the playoffs.

Colts played some good defense in the playoffs. They just turned it on like a lightswitch. If they would have played like that in the reg season, they would have been the leagues best defense as far as yds allowed a game.

JBucc
06-26-2007, 08:07 PM
From my best research, through four years, Anquan Boldin has more receptions than anyone ever, and is fourth in recieving yards. However, he needs to pick up the pace on TD's, as he is only 87th.

crazycoffey
06-26-2007, 08:08 PM
No one picked Donavan? With many East coast writers having man love affairs with him, and holding ballots that count toward the hall of fame, I'm giving him the nod.

kstater
06-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, half of these picks are way too early in their careers to predict.
Sapp is pretty much a lock.
McNabb high profile player that is injury prone, without the injuries he would have enough to get in.
I would say at this time Taylor would be 50/50.
The homer in me says Edwards should be in, but the realist in me says he doesn't.

I'd say half this group has a decent shot.