PDA

View Full Version : Worst College Mascots

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.drivl.com/posts/view/738

There are some real winners on there, Tulsa #2!

LMAO, #8 Wushock has really been downgraded. Is that really the current version? Isn't that his female companion?

DaFace
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
REPOST!!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159880

It's been a few months though. Still freakin' hilarious.

CoMoChief
06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Personally I hate the Stanford mascot the worst, followed by Nebraska's.

Braincase
06-27-2007, 04:23 PM
"The Blue Blob looks like what an alcoholic single dad would craft for his son for a Halloween or school pageant costume."

ROFL

Sam Hall
06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I've never understood why Thug U. has a duck for a mascot. Not very tough if you ask me.

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 06:28 PM
REPOST!!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159880

It's been a few months though. Still freakin' hilarious.

Guess I missed it, nice catch.

Braincase is right, the blue blob is hilarious.

The tree may be one of the lamest you could ever come up with. I think I remember seeing the tree on National TV during a game and being in total awe of its lameness.

Otter
06-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Purdue Pete is ****ing creepy.

Frazod
06-27-2007, 06:40 PM
This one really sucks. BTW, what the hell is a "gayhawk"?

(Ari Chiefs meltdown in three... two... one...) :evil:

Sam Hall
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I think Vandy's mascot is actually pretty cool, especially in the NCAA video games.

Bugeater
06-27-2007, 07:17 PM
I've never understood why Thug U. has a duck for a mascot. Not very tough if you ask me.
This isn't exactly intimidating either.

http://media.newsnetnebraska.org/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/44ea0cee2d753-68-1.jpg

In fact, it's downright creepy.

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 07:29 PM

Actually it is classic! Does Mizzou even have one? Seriously, if they do, it is very forgetable for me.

Frazod
06-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Actually it is classic! Does Mizzou even have one? Seriously, if they do, it is very forgetable for me.

That's only because you're old, and your memory is failing. :)

Brock
06-27-2007, 07:33 PM
http://web.arizona.edu/~tigger/images/tigger%5B5%5D.jpg

Saulbadguy
06-27-2007, 07:41 PM
The Tiger is the most common mascot in the NCAA athletic system. Probably followed closely by the Wildcats. ;)

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
http://web.arizona.edu/~tigger/images/tigger%5B5%5D.jpg

I think that is the one on my Grandsons cereal!

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
The Tiger is the most common mascot in the NCAA athletic system. Probably followed closely by the Wildcats. ;)
Oh crap, now I remember. I have have found it strange that Northwestern and KState would have identical wildcat logos and colors.

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 07:46 PM
That's only because you're old, and your memory is failing. :)
Yep, guilty as charged. But I am NOT attracted to transvestites. :D

Frazod
06-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Yep, guilty as charged. But I am NOT attracted to transvestites. :D

It's going to be a rough couple of days for me, I'm thinking..... :banghead:

ROYC75
06-27-2007, 07:49 PM

This is true, problem is you guys resemble Kittens and Tiggers. At least that's original instead of being a copycat of another schools mascot.

Rock Chalk :KU: .......... Like No other !

ROYC75
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM

ROFL Jealous ? Hang in there Tim, let me know your shirt size and I'll send you a shirt to wear proudly. :D

Frazod
06-27-2007, 07:51 PM
ROFL Jealous ? Hang in there Tim, let me know your shirt size and I'll send you a shirt to wear proudly. :D

I don't think you'd appreciate what I'd do with that shirt..... :)

ROYC75
06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't think you'd appreciate what I'd do with that shirt..... :)

What ? It would have your name on it ! :)

ROYC75
06-27-2007, 07:55 PM
My brother has a copy of both prints he had made at a tee shirt store of a Jayhawk screwing a Tigger and another of a Kitten.

Awesome shirts...........

Spott
06-27-2007, 07:56 PM
What ? It would have your name on it ! :)

No, I think he meant that he would use the shirt to line his cat litter box. Either that, or he'd just wipe his ass with it.

:)

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
It's going to be a rough couple of days for me, I'm thinking..... :banghead:

quoted for truth. LMAO

On another subject, these grandsons are wearing my ass out!

Frazod
06-27-2007, 08:00 PM
No, I think he meant that he would use the shirt to line his cat litter box. Either that, or he'd just wipe his ass with it.

:)

Yeah, it's exactly like that. :D

Frazod
06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
quoted for truth. LMAO

On another subject, these grandsons are wearing my ass out!

Are they up here or are you down there?

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Are they up here or are you down there?

They are up here, been here for almost two weeks now, they go back Saturday.

Things will calm down after that, we need to get together soon.

Frazod
06-27-2007, 08:08 PM
They are up here, been here for almost two weeks now, they go back Saturday.

Things will calm down after that, we need to get together soon.

Yes, you can point and laugh at me in person. That'll be fun. :D

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Yes, you can point and laugh at me in person. That'll be fun. :D

Yep, and I want to ride in the new car before you trade it off.

Frazod
06-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Yep, and I want to ride in the new car before you trade it off.

Christ, I've only had it for three months. Even I'm not that bad. :)

JBucc
06-27-2007, 08:52 PM
The Razorbacks were voted second most dominant mascot in that recent tournament thingy. Lost to those damn Iowa St. Cyclones. Just letting you know how awesome we are.

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Christ, I've only had it for three months. Even I'm not that bad. :)

Hey, it is pick on Tim day. ROFL

Sam Hall
06-27-2007, 09:05 PM

http://media.newsnetnebraska.org/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/44ea0cee2d753-68-1.jpg

Yeah, but they are the Hurricanes and their mascot is a duck.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but they are the Hurricanes and their mascot is a duck.
It's a pelican, I think. Or a seagull.

Sam Hall
06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I suggest Miami acquire the rights to Howard the Duck if that's what they've chosen as a mascot.

Brock
06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
It's an Ibis, whatever the hell that is.

Jordan
06-28-2007, 09:26 AM
The mascot of my school, University of California - Santa Cruz, has the best/worst mascot ever in my opinion. If your a hippie treehugger (like many students there) you'll love it, if you play a sport (which we don't really have) you'd hate it.

The University of California - Santa Cruz Banana Slugs.

kepp
06-28-2007, 09:49 AM
The mascot of my school, University of California - Santa Cruz, has the best/worst mascot ever in my opinion. If your a hippie treehugger (like many students there) you'll love it, if you play a sport (which we don't really have) you'd hate it.

The University of California - Santa Cruz Banana Slugs.
My wife is a UCSC alum. She told me that at their basketball games, the students of the opposing team would bring a cutout of a giant saltshaker.

kepp
06-28-2007, 09:50 AM

I'd say its downright brokeback.

Lzen
06-28-2007, 09:55 AM

What the Hell is a frazexual? ROFL

Mi_chief_fan
06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Remember a few years ago when Notre Dame had a black leprechaun? I thought that was a bit weird.......

Delano
06-28-2007, 10:03 AM
My wife is a UCSC alum. She told me that at their basketball games, the students of the opposing team would bring a cutout of a giant saltshaker.

LMAO LMAO

Sam Hall
06-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd say its downright brokeback.

Here's his son

kepp
06-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Here's his son
I shoulda figured that Heath & Jake would have a blow-up doll.

Jordan
06-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Ya, that's pretty funny.

What's even more funny is the actual basketball team, though.

I was playing pickup in the gym they practice in when a few players showed up. We all thought they were just on campus folks there to play some pickup (as nobody actually knows who the athletes are at that school), so we brought them in the next game.

I, admittedly, am not the best basketball player at 5'10"....and white without dribbling skills...however, I was doing more than holding my own. Actually, my entire squad played well and beat the 5 players that entered the game.

Their coach then came onto the floor and kicked us off cause he had practice, but the 5 that just lost walked over to coach as they started practice. Sad, really, how you can practice all the time, play in college, but lose a pickup game to 5 hungover fraternity brothers that were just trying to get their sweat on and release some of the alcohol from the night before.

THAT is a Banana Slug for you!

Reerun_KC
06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh crap, now I remember. I have have found it strange that Northwestern and KState would have identical wildcat logos and colors.

Didnt Snyder and Co steal it from NW????

What I have alwasy heard...

HemiEd
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM

I thought they had that long before Snyder, pretty sure.

Saulbadguy
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM

Dumbass.

Reerun_KC
06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Dumbass.

Nice SaulBadGuy....

See Below.... Who is that dumbass now...

Reerun_KC
06-28-2007, 01:51 PM
I thought they had that long before Snyder, pretty sure.

Sweet... Thanks for the update Ed....

Saulbadguy
06-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice SaulBadGuy....

See Below.... Who is that dumbass now...
Below what?

DJJasonp
06-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Before I ever opened it I was thinking Stanford....

Lo and behold....a winner.

that's got to be the dumbest idea for a mascot in the history of college, pro, or whatever....

Reerun_KC
06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Below what?

Nevermind, I forgot who I was talking to, I have to remember to take baby steps with you....

It has been along time since basketball season, your slow and old...

So what is the prediction this year? KSU National Champs? Breaking the Streak? Big 12 Conf and Tourney Champs? Sweaping KU?

Saulbadguy
06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Nevermind, I forgot who I was talking to, I have to remember to take baby steps with you....

It has been along time since basketball season, your slow and old...

So what is the prediction this year? KSU National Champs? Breaking the Streak? Big 12 Conf and Tourney Champs? Sweaping KU?

We are gonna SWEAP the Big XII!

Reerun_KC
06-28-2007, 02:06 PM
We are gonna SWEAP the Big XII!

Rock on and good luck!

HemiEd
06-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Before I ever opened it I was thinking Stanford....

Lo and behold....a winner.

that's got to be the dumbest idea for a mascot in the history of college, pro, or whatever....

Tree huggers! The author agreed with you. "This abomination looks like what a class of kindergartners would create as a Christmas decoration."

Reerun_KC
06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Tree huggers! The author agreed with you. "This abomination looks like what a class of kindergartners would create as a Christmas decoration."

LMAO

HemiEd
06-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Sweet... Thanks for the update Ed....
I am pretty sure the Cats have had that going on for longer than I have been watching them, early 70s.

Skip Towne
06-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey, Ed, ol' buddy would you like to join us at the PGA Championship in Tulsa later this summer? Herzig is coming over from Springdale so you are welcome to join us. Or you could wait until Wichita gets its first major championship. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! This will be Tulsa's Eighth Major as the host. Of course you have to have a World Class Golf Course to host a Major. Tulsa has one. Wichita does not. In fact, Hutchinson has the best Golf course in Kansas. Wichita is lacking in yet another area. No wonder Pizza Hut bailed out of Wichita for Tulsa. Keep bringing it, this is fun!

Skip Towne
06-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Seriously, though, you are welcome to join us. It is quite a spectacle.

HemiEd
06-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Seriously, though, you are welcome to join us. It is quite a spectacle.

Thanks for the invite, been wondering about you. I was afraid they used you, for fill, in that hole they had the Plymouth in.

Once again, Pizza Hut did not move to Tulsa, they moved to Dallas. Would you like another picture of their headquarters in Dallas?

We have had several major championships right down the street from me, Medinah Country Club.

HonestChieffan
06-29-2007, 06:29 AM
herbie the Nebraska Dilwad

HemiEd
06-29-2007, 06:32 AM
Skip, here is an article that may interest you.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/top100/bigcities.html

Couldn't find Tulsa on the list, of course it only goes to 90.

HemiEd
06-29-2007, 06:37 AM
SkipTowne, here is another one you might find interesting, especially if a guy wants to live long enough to enjoy SS.
Tulsa did make this list. ROFL

http://health.msn.com/menshealth/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100162482

HemiEd
06-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey, Ed, ol' buddy would you like to join us at the PGA Championship in Tulsa later this summer? Herzig is coming over from Springdale so you are welcome to join us. Or you could wait until Wichita gets its first major championship. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! This will be Tulsa's Eighth Major as the host. Of course you have to have a World Class Golf Course to host a Major. Tulsa has one. Wichita does not. In fact, Hutchinson has the best Golf course in Kansas. Wichita is lacking in yet another area. No wonder Pizza Hut bailed out of Wichita for Tulsa. Keep bringing it, this is fun!

Here you go Skip, one more time.

"Pizza Hut is a restaurant chain and international franchise based in Addison, Texas USA (a northern suburb of Dallas) specializing in American-style pizza along with side"

http://www.answers.com/topic/pizza-hut

I am guessing you are confusing that Pizza Hut building, with a new red roof in your neighborhood, to be the world headquarters. Nah, its just a place to eat, Skip. LMAO

greg63
06-29-2007, 11:09 AM

Reerun_KC
06-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Nothing like watching HemiEd and Skip argue over the towns the live in...

Like of like watching two people argue over what 3rd world country is better...

News Flash, Both Tulsa and Wichita suck ass...

HemiEd
06-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Nothing like watching HemiEd and Skip argue over the towns the live in...

Like of like watching two people argue over what 3rd world country is better...

News Flash, Both Tulsa and Wichita suck ass...

It goes back a little, SkipTowne still holds a grudge about his lack of success at WU. (prior to it becoming a State University in the mid 60s)

I am sure if he had informed them of his goals, they could have trained him at stringing coax cable.

Reerun_KC
06-29-2007, 12:19 PM
It goes back a little, SkipTowne still holds a grudge about his lack of success at WU. (prior to it becoming a State University in the mid 60s)

I am sure if he had informed them of his goals, they could have trained him at stringing coax cable.

Well if you hurt his feelings, he might strangle himself with coax.....

Be nice to Skip, he is old and fragile...