PDA

View Full Version : I need your votes!!!

Micjones
06-28-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm sure some of you know by now that I'm an aspiring Rap artist.
I believe some of you have heard my music. If you haven't and you're interested (www.cdbaby.com/reachmusic).

I've been nominated for a 2007 Pitch Music Award in the "Hip Hop" category. If you wouldn't mind I'm asking for your votes CP.

Thank you in advance for anyone who decides to vote for me.

*Note. - My stage name is "Reach".

It isn't necessary, this year, to vote in each category but feel free to do so if you so choose. You'll find the "Hip Hop" category on Page 3.

Click the link below to cast your vote:
http://www.pitch.com/poll/music07/

Thanks again.

Phobia
06-28-2007, 07:56 AM
I threw you a bone. Good luck.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Ha ha...
Thanks Phobia.

BigRedChief
06-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Welllll you know I posted the thread requesting votes from the Planet so that Stevie can win a contest to go to the Super Bowl and he won it. You should have come to me first. Now you have jinxed yourself. BTW, I didn't even get a stinking SB T-Shirt in thanks.:p No more jaggerbombs for you.:harumph:

I threw you a femur also.

Phobia
06-28-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm not a hip hop or rap guy but your stuff wasn't bad at all. It was kinda mellow, relaxed, and enjoyable. In other words, it will never sell. Heh.

But you definitely gots some skillz. ;)

Best of luck.

boogblaster
06-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Gave u a Ham-bone...Good luck .....

stumppy
06-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Done.

Bugeater
06-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Hooked you up.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the votes guys.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm not a hip hop or rap guy but your stuff wasn't bad at all. It was kinda mellow, relaxed, and enjoyable. In other words, it will never sell. Heh.

Ha ha...

But you definitely gots some skillz. ;)

Best of luck.

Thanks again.

Direckshun
06-28-2007, 08:19 AM
What you need is a swift kick in the pants.

You need to drop that hibbidy hop and come to Jesus, child.

Fish
06-28-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't like rap.... but that wasn't bad...

Plinko!

BigRedChief
06-28-2007, 08:23 AM
You need to drop that hibbidy hop and come to Jesus, child.
Or find some old John Denver LP's and party down.

Braincase
06-28-2007, 08:23 AM
The music scene I follow is more classical based metal, but I threw you a bone... as well as a few local Lawrence acts.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks again fellas...

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Sorry, the doors are what I like and hip hop is no where close. Also hip hop sends a bad message to our youth cause it condones drugs and violence. But hey at least you're a Chiefs fan, I guess.

Bob Dole
06-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry, the doors are what I like and hip hop is no where close. Also hip hop sends a bad message to our youth cause it condones drugs and violence. But hey at least you're a Chiefs fan, I guess.

He's got a track about hog wallerin'.

chagrin
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Sorry dude, I think rap is awful and offensive - I will not vote in this thing :p

Micjones
06-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks anyway. :p

Simplex3
06-28-2007, 09:47 AM
I haven't liked any rap for over a decade. I didn't really like yours much either.

I still voted for you. :shrug:

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Ah youre just LOCAL

chasedude
06-28-2007, 09:52 AM
So what if you don't like Rap, who cares? Throw some props to a fellow planeteer!!

Too many selfish people in the fuggin' place :shake:

Vote from me Mic... :thumb:

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 09:53 AM
So what if you don't like Rap, who cares? Throw some props to a fellow planeteer!!

Have you seen what happened to the rest of the local rap artists?

Ever watch the local news or read the crime blotter?

chasedude
06-28-2007, 10:00 AM

WTF does that have to do with voting in an online poll?

420am
06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Voted for you. I kinda like the music. If you want hit me up with a few tracks and I'll put them in rotation on Radio Xenu.

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry Mic.

I wrote in myself: The Caucasian Persuasion.

chagrin
06-28-2007, 10:26 AM

How about I don't know this guy from Adam and I fuggin hate rap; that's not being selfish, it's called being true to one's self, look into that one day.

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 10:27 AM
How about I don't know this guy from Adam and I fuggin hate rap; that's not being selfish, it's called being true to one's self, look into that one day.

Easy Chag. Back up. That's my boy.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I'll be sure to vote for you Red.

Thanks to everyone else who has voted...

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm sure some of you know by now that I'm an aspiring Rap artist.
I believe some of you have heard my music. If you haven't and you're interested (www.cdbaby.com/reachmusic).

I've been nominated for a 2007 Pitch Music Award in the "Hip Hop" category. If you wouldn't mind I'm asking for your votes CP.

Thank you in advance for anyone who decides to vote for me.

*Note. - My stage name is "Reach".

It isn't necessary, this year, to vote in each category but feel free to do so if you so choose. You'll find the "Hip Hop" category on Page 3.

Click the link below to cast your vote:
http://www.pitch.com/poll/music07/

Thanks again.

I got you.

chagrin
06-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Easy Chag. Back up. That's my boy.

and?

Micjones
06-28-2007, 10:29 AM

To thine ownself be true.
I certainly won't take it personally.

chagrin
06-28-2007, 10:31 AM
To thine ownself be true.
I certainly won't take it personally.

Well thanks, I wasn't trying to offend you - hence my underhanded pitch when I first declined - but if the dude wants to get all upitty about it, fug 'em. :harumph:

Look, it doesn't mean that I wish you to fail at what you want to do, because I don't - best of luck.

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
and?

I didn't see anything out of line he said. I think you need to calm down with the keep it real shit. What the fugg is wrong with simply being nice? That's all. I've got nothin but respect for you on here.

chasedude
06-28-2007, 10:35 AM

I am true to myself. I'm not a fan of Rap either, but I'm supporting someone's dream. If more people did this then the word selfish wouldn't exist.

Micjones
Well thanks, I wasn't trying to offend you - hence my underhanded pitch when I first declined - but if the dude wants to get all upitty about it, fug 'em. :harumph:

Look, it doesn't mean that I wish you to fail at what you want to do, because I don't - best of luck.

Dude you're strung way too tight.
It's not that serious.
If you don't want to vote that's fine by me.

You're entitled...
Have a good day, okay?
:)

Simply Red
I am true to myself. I'm not a fan of Rap either, but I'm supporting someone's dream. If more people did this then the word selfish wouldn't exist.
Chags good people Chase and so is Mic. I just think we all spoke too soon.

:)

Iowanian
06-28-2007, 10:38 AM
I'd rather sit on a cactus than listen to cRap music....but I'll bump you +1.

Gg gggg Good Lu uhuhuh ck man.

Sorry....my beat box is scratched.

chagrin
06-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Dude you're strung way too tight.

Haha, I am not :harumph:

Side note: I am not pissed either, I can see how my tone made it seem that way though, heh

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 10:40 AM

Side note: I am not pissed either, I can see how my tone made it seem that way though, heh
Check PM brother. :)

chasedude
06-28-2007, 10:44 AM

My statement wasn't a personal attack on you. My apologizes if you were offended. There's too much bickering arguments on these damn boards, I don't want to start another one.

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 10:54 AM
bunch of damn trolls

wutamess
06-28-2007, 10:58 AM

More ignorance. :shake:

The "local" rap artists that was involved in all of that shit was from street gangs and such. He's actually a HIP HOP ARTIST. Totally different ballgame. Notice the no promotion of guns, killing of neighbors and body bags, etc

If you're not going to vote. Don't VOTE! But spreading ignorant banter is an entirely different animal.

Seek first to understand instead of just ass-u-meing.

Chagrin ~ You need to get laid.

wutamess
06-28-2007, 10:59 AM
I not to much particularly care for Elvis... but I still voted for Stevie. It's called support for one another.

Demonpenz
06-28-2007, 11:00 AM
you should pm me. I spin on the 1's and 2's

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 11:01 AM
More ignorance. :shake:

The "local" rap artists that was involved in all of that shit was from street gangs and such. He's actually a hip hop artist.

If you're not going to vote. Don't VOTE! But spreading ignorant banter is an entirely different animal.

Seek first to understand instead of just ass-u-meing.

Chagrin ~ You need to get laid.

oh whatever

the story was on kctv5.com, cnn.com,

Everyone is involved in some form of gang..baller or not

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I not to much particularly care for Elvis... but I still voted for Stevie. It's called support for one another.

I only support those that follow through...everyone else that says they plan on doing something..then not do it...I tend to not support them..

wutamess
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
oh whatever

the story was on kctv5.com, cnn.com,

Everyone is involved in some form of gang..baller or not

It involved gangsters that rap. Not him.
I've noticed, you sure are quick to judge but hate when someone judges you. :hmmm:

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I wont use the name or comment, but theres no reason to be hostile about it

Micjones
06-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow... Sorry to have started all the trouble.
I only wanted votes...
Ha ha...

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 11:13 AM
It involved gangsters that rap. Not him.
I've noticed, you sure are quick to judge but hate when someone judges you. :hmmm:

Theres a story behind everything.

I am NOT quick to judge, you havent even met me to establish that biased opinion, but thanks for letting me know how you feel.

Do you know how many times I tried to have people help me on this board and get shot down, flamed, etc....

Do you think they showed any care or compassion?

Hell no..they were quick to judge me and shown no remorse for their words.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Which story are we talking about anyway?
The Pitch cover story of a week ago?

wutamess
06-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Theres a story behind everything.

I am NOT quick to judge, you havent even met me to establish that biased opinion, but thanks for letting me know how you feel.

Do you know how many times I tried to have people help me on this board and get shot down, flamed, etc....

Do you think they showed any care or compassion?

Hell no..they were quick to judge me and shown no remorse for their words.

Dude... You're judged by the way you entered the board.
That said a lot about you. You're slowly making it right but it's hard to take someone seriously when all they do is flame moms (no pun intended).

I've seen some of your judging/critiquing post on others. No need to meet to form my opinion.

Maybe you're asking the wrong person/people.

WAIT - Think about it... You've asked for help but got shotdown? Isn't that what you're doing at this very moment? How ironic.

Redrum_69
06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
WAIT - Think about it... You've asked for help but got shotdown? Isn't that what you're doing at this very moment? How ironic.

actually no

Micjones
06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Mmmmkay...

StcChief
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
It was a reach.... voting for cRAP.

Fish
06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Forgive my lack of knowledge in this....

but... what's the difference between hip hop and rap?

Smed1065
06-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Hooked U up.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 12:14 PM

No problem Fish...
Hip Hop is the culture that encompasses Rap music.
Rap is the soundtrack to that culture.

Hip Hop's like a strip mall.
Rap's a store in that strip mall.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks P-Nut2.

wutamess
06-28-2007, 12:33 PM

rap=50 cents/gangsta rap... hardly any creativity.
hiphop=roots/enlightenment... artistic/talent involved.

Rooster
06-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Got one from me. Good luck.

Fish
06-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I think I get it... thanks fellas....

Micjones
06-28-2007, 01:11 PM
rap=50 cents/gangsta rap... hardly any creativity.
hiphop=roots/enlightenment... artistic/talent involved.

It's all Rap music WM.
Hip Hop is the culture-at-large.

The distinction you've made is a Rap conservative view.

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 02:45 PM
It's all Rap music WM.

"Nasty Nas numba one in your area-the street murdera I'm causin hysteria!"

wutamess
06-28-2007, 03:53 PM
It's all Rap music WM.

I don't consider rap hiphop music.
I guess it's all relative.

KcMizzou
06-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Done... good stuff.

Stewie
06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
You got my vote Mic.

Mr. Kotter
06-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Done, MJ.

Good luck. :thumb:

chagrin
06-28-2007, 05:00 PM

This whole idealistic campaign of "just support each other" is hogwash. Talk about "don't be hatin" all I did was express my opinion and you and your rap support crew jumped all over me. I personally don't believe in supporting some stranger who would probably spit on me in a super market if I asked him to support my choice in life by being homeless and beggin for money.

Getting personal about getting laid and shit, well that's just silly.

chagrin
06-28-2007, 05:04 PM

actually, demanding that we all just love one another and support each other's dreams, regardless if we respect the dream or not Is selfish, furthermore getting all wah about it is ridiculous.

i left this thread because I didn't take it seriously at first but now I can see how ridiculous some of you people really are.

Think about it really, you just go vote for something you don't like, for someone you don't know, for something you don't even belong to (and in my case I mean the hip hop or rap culture)?

Absurd

but I wasn't being personal either, just challenging your definition of selfishness with regards to voting for Reach.

I am not judging he quality of your or his character, but you sure came out calling everyone who wouldn't vote your way, "selfish". I'd say that means maybe you should re-evaluate your definition of things.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I personally don't believe in supporting some stranger who would probably spit on me in a super market if I asked him to support my choice in life by being homeless and beggin for money.

You don't know me from Adam, but you have some idea of how I might react in a given situation? Mmmkay...

Micjones
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
i left this thread because I didn't take it seriously at first but now I can see how ridiculous some of you people really are.

Think about it really, you just go vote for something you don't like, for someone you don't know, for something you don't even belong to (and in my case I mean the hip hop or rap culture)?

So let me get this straight...
You want people to respect your right to have abstained from the voting process for reasons justifiable in your own mind yet you question why someone else would?

Okay.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks for all the new votes guys!!!

Simply Red
06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
thanks for all the new votes guys!!!
So are you going to reply to my PM or what?

chagrin
06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
You don't know me from Adam, but you have some idea of how I might react in a given situation? Mmmkay...

I probably shouldn't have used this as mt point of reference, but since your boyz have such a hard time with my decision, I feel the need to defend my choice.

mmmkay?

chagrin
06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
So let me get this straight...
You want people to respect your right to have abstained from the voting process for reasons justifiable in your own mind yet you question why someone else would?

Okay.

actually, I will delete my last post and simply answer your question with this, using your own debating tactic:

So let me get this straight, you want people to vote for you, regardless if they like your music or not, and it should be perfectly fine that your crew take issue with anyone who disagrees with the reasons justifiable in their own mind yet you question why I disagree?

Okay.

Illustrate absurdity by being absurd. Probably Rush's only legitimate point anymore

chagrin
06-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Okay, I really do need to settle down, I still think it's lame to demand votes like your friend did, and start lobbing words like selfish around just because people don't agree with him, but I think I am really letting this get to me.

micjones - I say again - I wish you luck in your career, I really do. Let's not let this go any farther, I won't say another word about it and I will not come back to the thread.

KcMizzou
06-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Even if you don't like the music in the category... someone's got to win.

Might as well be the familiar Chiefsplanet guy.

:shrug:

luv
06-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Exactly. No reason to be close minded and judgemental.

wutamess
06-28-2007, 07:50 PM

:clap:

I still can't get over how anal he's being over a freaking vote.

Micjones
06-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Wow...

Well, again thanks to everyone who voted.

Micjones
06-29-2007, 06:25 AM
So let me get this straight, you want people to vote for you, regardless if they like your music or not, and it should be perfectly fine that your crew take issue with anyone who disagrees with the reasons justifiable in their own mind yet you question why I disagree?

NO ONE is obligated to vote for me.
I merely asked for support from Planeteers who might think my music is deserving of such an accolade.

ChiTown
06-29-2007, 07:36 AM
actually, I will delete my last post and simply answer your question with this, using your own debating tactic:

Okay.

Illustrate absurdity by being absurd. Probably Rush's only legitimate point anymore

Even if you tried your hardest, I don't believe you could possibly be a bigger douche bag about this. Congrats?

chasedude
06-29-2007, 08:09 AM

This was my one and only point I was trying to make. It's not a voting election for Congress, it's for a fellow planeteer. The outcome has no monetary value for me, except my own gratification for helping a fellow BB member.

Personal note: Never use the word selfish on the planet again. :rolleyes:

Simply Red
06-29-2007, 08:15 AM
This was my one and only point I was trying to make. It's not a voting election for Congress, it's for a fellow planeteer. The outcome has no monetary value for me, except my own gratification for helping a fellow BB member.

Personal note: Never use the word selfish on the planet again. :rolleyes:

You selfish bastard! *wink/nudge*

Reerun_KC
06-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Shot you a vote over....

Good luck

Micjones
06-30-2007, 08:08 AM
*Cough* Bump *Cough*

stevieray
06-30-2007, 09:17 AM
excellent! I love seeing people chase their dreams!

good luck man!

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2007, 11:09 AM

This is a community. Whether someone has 500 posts or 50,000 post is irrelevant. It's like moving into a new neighborhood; Some people have been there for 5 months and other people 5 years. If a new guy moves into the neighborhood, befriends everyone and invites his new friends to check out his music, art, movie - whatever, people generally support each other, regardless of how long they've known them. "Hey sure Man! I'll check it out!".

That's the way I see this with Mic or Stevie's deal or anything similar. Either you can choose to be a grumpy bastard about it, completely ignore it or support it. The choice is obviously yours. But judging others for their participation in events like these isn't very cool in my book.

BTW, good luck Mic!

Phobia
06-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Dane, would you care to share a professional opinion on Mic's work? I don't like rap at all but his stuff doesn't offend my senses as most rap generally does.... It isn't something I'd go out and purchase but I wouldn't turn the channel as I normally do when my usual stations mix in a rap song.

chagrin
06-30-2007, 12:07 PM
This is a community. Whether someone has 500 posts or 50,000 post is irrelevant.

Did I judge micjones because he hasn't been here very long? I know beer me and wouldn't vote for his brother's band either, a rock band, because I thought they stunk. That's the spirit of band competitions, you vote if you like and you do not vote if you don't like.
Good lord, hat's so hard to understand about that?

I have lended him my well wishes, it's too bad for you and everyone else if you don't like it.

It's also perfectly fine if you think poorly of me, I won't argue that I am a grumpy bastard; I certainly tend to be one, heh.

It's like moving into a new neighborhood; Some people have been there for 5 months and other people 5 years. If a new guy moves into the neighborhood, befriends everyone and invites his new friends to check out his music, art, movie - whatever, people generally support each other, regardless of how long they've known them. "Hey sure Man! I'll check it out!".

Yeah, you were real nice to the 16 year old kid who tried to participate in a conversation.

That's the way I see this with Mic or Stevie's deal or anything similar. Either you can choose to be a grumpy bastard about it, completely ignore it or support it. The choice is obviously yours. But judging others for their participation in events like these isn't very cool in my book.

Go back, read the timeline of events again, I don't judge anyone for voting for him, I was judged first, and continue to be judged, because I wouldn't vote for him and dared to say I wouldn't.

Anyone else want to cry because I don't like rap music?

Micjones
06-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks again to all who voted.

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Dane, would you care to share a professional opinion on Mic's work? I don't like rap at all but his stuff doesn't offend my senses as most rap generally does.... It isn't something I'd go out and purchase but I wouldn't turn the channel as I normally do when my usual stations mix in a rap song.

While I was an integral part in the signings and re-signings of Irv Gotti, Marcus Aurelius, Fred Jerkins and Eminem, I wasn't involved at all with the A&R of those composers/producers. That was all done by B.P. (I'm sure Mic knows who that is but I don't want to drop his name).

As a former industry vet and someone who's still in the biz (albeit on the other side of the glass now), Rap isn't my area of expertise and I haven't had a chance to even listen to his tracks in my studio, but I'd be happy to share any relevant thoughts with Mic through a PM if he contacts me.

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Did I judge micjones because he hasn't been here very long? I know beer me and wouldn't vote for his brother's band either, a rock band, because I thought they stunk. That's the spirit of band competitions, you vote if you like and you do not vote if you don't like.
Good lord, hat's so hard to understand about that?

Look dude, you were the person that was raggin' on others for voting. There's nothing difficult to understand but there was also no reason to bag on people just because they voted, whether or not they like rap music or even Mic's music.

Yeah, you were real nice to the 16 year old kid who tried to participate in a conversation.

That "16 year old kid" did participate. I didn't realize he was 16 until about 4 or 5 responses later. And what can I say? I'll disagree with someone whether they're 16 or 66 (sorry, Skip). That's the way it works. That "kid" continued to disagree with me after I discovered his age (which became ever more obvious with each post) so I don't see where your opinion has any relevance. Especially when you chose to neg rep me instead of speaking up in the forum. Thanks for finally being a man about it and saying what you have to say to me in the forum instead of the "secrecy" of rep.

Go back, read the timeline of events again, I don't judge anyone for voting for him, I was judged first, and continue to be judged, because I wouldn't vote for him and dared to say I wouldn't.

This whole idealistic campaign of "just support each other" is hogwash. Talk about "don't be hatin" all I did was express my opinion and you and your rap support crew jumped all over me. I personally don't believe in supporting some stranger who would probably spit on me in a super market if I asked him to support my choice in life by being homeless and beggin for money.

You put yourself in the middle of this topic by stating that you hate rap and wouldn't vote for him. Why post anything at all? To draw attention away from Mic and onto yourself? This "drama" could have easily been avoided had you not posted your irrelevant opinion from the beginning. It's not like Mic started a thread saying "Hey Chagrin - please vote for me!". He didn't.

Fairplay
07-01-2007, 01:11 AM
After a couple minutes into each song i think to myself "WTF"?

I don't get rap. I don't get country either, so don't take it personal bro.

Micjones
07-02-2007, 09:45 AM
It's okay FP. It's not for everybody.

I'm a rapper and I listen primarily to Jazz...

Micjones
07-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks again everybody for your votes.

OnTheWarpath15
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Good stuff, MJ.

You got my vote.

Best of luck to you.

Micjones
07-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks OTW.