PDA

View Full Version : I don't think LJ will hold out.

redsurfer11
06-28-2007, 04:13 PM
He's too publicity starved. Don't think he would give up the opportunity to appear on HBO. JMO.

Mr. Laz
06-28-2007, 04:16 PM
he can't hold out too long or he loses the ability to void the final 2 years of his contract.

Crashride
06-28-2007, 04:21 PM
2 good points in 2 posts, i like this thread

Buehler445
06-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I don't think LJ will hold out because Carl will pay him. He is one of Carl's draft day gems. He is proud of his pick. I believe Carl will pay him.

wazu
06-28-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't think LJ will hold out because Michael Bennett will steal his job.

Micjones
06-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I think if LJ has to choose between being compensated as the league's #2 back and being featured on HBO... He will hold out, but as it's been said... Carl will pay him.

Smed1065
06-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I think it is around $16,000 a day fine with a return of a portion of his signing bonus as well.

The CP pick will be signed, I believe.

el borracho
06-28-2007, 05:45 PM
LJ won't hold out because he is already pissed about missing the first two seasons of his career. LJ wants to be considered among the all-time greats and knows that he has a lot of work to do to get there. No way will he hold out and shorten his career any further.

DTLB58
06-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't think LJ will hold out because Carl will pay him. He is one of Carl's draft day gems. He is proud of his pick. I believe Carl will pay him.

I totally agree. :clap:

Direckshun
06-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Carl's going to pay him because you don't win by trading away your best players.

Unless we get a ridiculous package from Green Bay or something, Carl will get it done.

It's going to cost a fortune, but it's going to get done.

CoMoChief
06-28-2007, 08:59 PM
If he gets paid he won't hold out. If he doesn't, he will hold out.

Come on guys we knew this was gonna happen over a yr ago.

KcMizzou
06-28-2007, 09:00 PM
If he gets paid he won't hold out. If he doesn't, he will hold out. LMAOLMAO

Sorry CoMo... but that's quite a pearl of wisdom.

Eleazar
06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
It probably wouldn't be bad for him to see limited action in training camp anyway. Now that he's our prize horse and we seem to be at least for the moment committed to him for the rest of his useful life as a player, it might be prudent to save him some wear.

KcMizzou
06-28-2007, 09:02 PM
It probably wouldn't be bad for him to see limited action in training camp anyway. Now that he's our prize horse and we seem to be at least for the moment committed to him for the rest of his useful life as a player, it might be prudent to save him some wear.Yeah, I figure he'll miss the first couple preseason games. Then they'll get a deal done during camp.

Eleazar
06-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I figure he'll miss the first couple preseason games. Then they'll get a deal done during camp.

As long as he is working out, in shape and all that, I'm not sure it would be bad for him to miss most of camp.

Guys like Tony Gonzalez, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, etc., seemed to miss time in camp sometimes, but along with Larry Johnson they are/were guys who in my opinion are past the developmental stage that training camp is at least partly about. If they are proven commodities and know what's going on, maybe.

You don't want to have two standards, but it's already there at least in an unspoken way that some people get protected and some have to prove it every year.

kcfanXIII
06-28-2007, 09:10 PM
If he gets paid he won't hold out. If he doesn't, he will hold out.

Come on guys we knew this was gonna happen over a yr ago.

and the identity of CoMoChief is revealed, please welcome john madden to the board.

greg63
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't think LJ will hold out.
He won't; 'cause Carl is gonna pay him.

KcMizzou
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
As long as he is working out, in shape and all that, I'm not sure it would be bad for him to miss most of camp.

Guys like Tony Gonzalez, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, etc., seemed to miss time in camp sometimes, but along with Larry Johnson they are/were guys who in my opinion are past the developmental stage that training camp is at least partly about. If they are proven commodities and know what's going on, maybe.

You don't want to have two standards, but it's already there at least in an unspoken way that some people get protected and some have to prove it every year.I agree. And I really cant imagine LJ coming in out of shape. He'll be ready when the deal's done.

FRCDFED
06-28-2007, 09:54 PM
LJ won't hold out because he is already pissed about missing the first two seasons of his career. LJ wants to be considered among the all-time greats and knows that he has a lot of work to do to get there. No way will he hold out and shorten his career any further.
There's a lot of truth to that!! He does seem to be pretty upset that Vermeil sat him for the first couple of seasons. He wasn't too happy being drafted by a team that had a superstar like Priest Holmes at the time. Priest was a master at being patient for the holes to open and reading his blocks. I'm sure LJ would never admit it........but learning how to hit the holes from someone like Priest was the best thing that could have happened to him.

Anyway, if Carl is able to come up with a package that is clearly in line with what the #2 RB in the league should get then LJ will sign. LJ could probably argue that he should get the same deal this season that LT received a couple of years ago. That is probably about what a #2 back would be worth.

bdeg
06-28-2007, 10:13 PM

You don't want to have two standards, but it's already there at least in an unspoken way that some people get protected and some have to prove it every year.
I agree LJ could use a little less wear but I think you're way off here.

LJ is great at pounding the rock, but he also has so many areas of his game that need work. Training camp is the perfect time to improve things like blocking and receiving skills.

T-post Tom
06-28-2007, 10:20 PM
LJ will only hold out if he discovers that his girlfriend used to date Greg Hill and Marty Schottenheimer.