PDA

View Full Version : Death of Benoit's wife on Wikipedia before she was found

Arrowhead Pride
06-29-2007, 07:55 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070629/NATIONWORLD/706290522/-1/LOCAL17

Eerie as hell.

ATLANTA -- Investigators are looking into who altered pro wrestler Chris Benoit's Wikipedia entry to mention his wife's death hours before authorities discovered the bodies of the couple and their 7-year-old son.

Benoit's Wikipedia entry was altered early Monday to say the wrestler had missed a match two days earlier because of his wife's death.
Wikipedia official Cary Bass said Thursday that the entry was made by someone using an Internet protocol address registered in Stamford, Conn., where World Wrestling Entertainment is based, but it's not known where the posting was from.
Benoit strangled his wife and son during the weekend and put Bibles next to their bodies before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine, authorities said. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

Mecca
06-29-2007, 07:55 AM
The guy who wrote it is now basically saying it's just a coincidence........considering his other wiki entries it seems likely.

Direckshun
06-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Sounds like an intriguing movie plot.

Man kidnaps celebrities and leaves clues on certain user-controlled online encyclopedias.

We'll call it.... WIKIPEDIA, rated R.

Opens #1 at the box office.

Mile High Mania
The guy who wrote it is now basically saying it's just a coincidence........considering his other wiki entries it seems likely.

How could it be? Some guy near WWE HQ post a comment Wiki about Benoit's dead wife before she is discovered by authorities. Interesting.

Hoover
I wonder if Chris wrote it

Arrowhead Pride
06-29-2007, 07:58 AM
I wonder if Chris wrote it

That was my first thought.

Reerun_KC
06-29-2007, 07:59 AM
and the soap opera plot thickens...

Mile High Mania
06-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Sadly, it sounds like Chris really had some issues... giving HGH to their son is about as insane as you can get to be quite honest. The rumored marital issues, life and constant grind of the WWE.

Just sad.

Skyy God
06-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Sadly, it sounds like Chris really had some issues... giving HGH to their son is about as insane as you can get to be quite honest. The rumored marital issues, life and constant grind of the WWE.

Just sad.

From what I heard on Rome, he was seriously short. Like nearly a dwarf. If true, it's not so insane.

big nasty kcnut
06-29-2007, 08:33 AM
and benoit live in atlanta which would be hard to know someone dead unless he did the murder.

Mile High Mania
06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
From what I heard on Rome, he was seriously short. Like nearly a dwarf. If true, it's not so insane.

Are you serious? Feeding HGH to a 7 year old (or younger) isn't insane...

eazyb81
06-29-2007, 09:15 AM

My fiancee saw a picture of the boy on Entertainment Tonight or something and said he was the size of a normal 7 year old boy.

Also, it's probably not a great idea to give HGH to a kid with mental retardation.

Simply Red
06-29-2007, 09:21 AM
and benoit live in atlanta which would be hard to know someone dead unless he did the murder.
Say that again.

?????? I don't understand what you're saying.

greg63
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Say that again.

?????? I don't understand what you're saying.
I too am confused, but I think what is being said is that the person who made the entries also committed the murders in their opinion.

Sure-Oz
06-29-2007, 09:31 AM
That was a cute kid, it just saddened me to see him kiss him on that benoit tribute video to only do that...

this is such a crazy thing

HolmeZz
06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
It could be a coincidence. On Sunday WWE announced Benoit was home dealing with 'family issues'. The rumor going around at that time was that Chris had stayed at home to treat his wife and son, who were both coughing up blood.

BigRock
06-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Any media outlet that put more than 5 seconds of thought into this story would have found out the same things as Newsvine:

http://spring.newsvine.com/_news/2007/06/29/808872-the-college-student-who-knew-about-the-benoit-murder-suicide-before-police

Yesterday it was widely reported by Fox News, the Associated Press, ABC News, digg and a host of other news sites (and originally on Wikinews) that an anonymous user on Wikipedia altered the online encyclopedia's article on Chris Benoit noting the death of the pro-wrestler's wife some 13-14 hours before police found the dead bodies of Benoit, his wife, and 7-year-old son. The incident is being treated as a murder-suicide.

What the anonymous user on Wikipedia may have failed to realize, is that little about your activity on Wikipedia (or the rest of the internet) is anonymous.

Anytime an edit is made to a Wikipedia page, that information along with the user's IP address is logged by the site and publicly accessible. A simple check of these logs paints a much clearer picture of the person who made the aforementioned edits: not someone affiliated with the WWE as the mainstream media suggested, but rather a teenager from the University of Connecticut who just finished his first year of college and vandalizes Wikipedia on a regular basis.

More at the link, including (possibly) the moron's name.

Baby Lee
06-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Sounds like an intriguing movie plot.

Man kidnaps celebrities and leaves clues on certain user-controlled online encyclopedias.

We'll call it.... WIKIPEDIA, rated R.

Opens #1 at the box office.
And the investigating detective gets pulled into the internet by his USB port, and has to solve the crime to get back out.

Where's my M3??

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Any media outlet that put more than 5 seconds of thought into this story would have found out the same things as Newsvine:

http://spring.newsvine.com/_news/2007/06/29/808872-the-college-student-who-knew-about-the-benoit-murder-suicide-before-police

More at the link, including (possibly) the moron's name.

Marc Dagz is his name it looks like. He is a punk kid that probably got the shit scared out of him. This is his confession

He confesses:

It is one of those things that just turned into a bizarre coincidence. That night I found out that what I posted, ended up actually happening, a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening, or so I thought. I was beyond wrong for posting wrongful information, and I am sorry to everyone for this. I just want everyone to know it was stupid of me, and I will never do anything like this again. I just posted something that was at that time a piece of wrong unsourced information that is typical on wikipedia, as it is done all the time.
Also, I'd like to apologize for my other wiki "updates" on other pages as they were immature and dumb, but I know I'm not the only one who has done this, but nonetheless I will never post anything like that again as I have learned from this.

TrickyNicky
06-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Marc Dagz is his name it looks like. He is a punk kid that probably got the shit scared out of him. This is his confession

He confesses:

It is one of those things that just turned into a bizarre coincidence. That night I found out that what I posted, ended up actually happening, a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening, or so I thought. I was beyond wrong for posting wrongful information, and I am sorry to everyone for this. I just want everyone to know it was stupid of me, and I will never do anything like this again. I just posted something that was at that time a piece of wrong unsourced information that is typical on wikipedia, as it is done all the time.
Also, I'd like to apologize for my other wiki "updates" on other pages as they were immature and dumb, but I know I'm not the only one who has done this, but nonetheless I will never post anything like that again as I have learned from this.
McMahon paid him off! It's a cover-up!

theultimatekcchiefsfan
06-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Nobody is even talking about Sherry Martells death. For the younguns, She was "Queen Sherry" to When Randy Savage was known as "The Macho King"

I believe there is something fishy about hers to.
Something about her body possibly being moved to another location after she died and before it was reported to police.

Mecca
06-29-2007, 11:35 PM
The people trying to tie her death to Benoits are nuts.....

Sherri had some drug problems in her past....sadly a 49 year old woman with heavy drug related past dropping dead isn't that shocking.

Phobia
06-29-2007, 11:37 PM
The people trying to tie her death to Benoits are nuts.....

Sherri had some drug problems in her past....sadly a 49 year old woman with heavy drug related past dropping dead isn't that shocking.

Was this lady affiliated with the WWE as well - with a drug problem?

I don't know if I believe all that.

Mecca
06-30-2007, 12:33 AM
She hadn't been affiliated with any major promotion in years she was essentially retired. She was a part of the WWE back in the early 90's and WCW in the late 90's.

Tons of wrestlers from her era have/had drug problems, mostly with painkillers.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I just thought it was funny how you defended Benoit of drug issues so readily but threw this lady under the bus.

HMc
06-30-2007, 12:38 AM
look phobia, it's obvious. there's no credible evidence that links a career in pro wrestling with an increased likelihood of drug abuse or early death or domestic violence. none. havent you ever heard of the repeated coincidence? What about the regularly repeated coincidence?

Ultra Peanut
06-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Nobody is even talking about Sherry Martells death.Except wrestling fans...

I believe there is something fishy about hers to. Sure thing, Geraldo. Kevin Sullivan masterminded this whole sordid affair!

I just thought it was funny how you defended Benoit of drug issues so readily but threw this lady under the bus.It's like you don't even know how to read.

BigRock
06-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Actually, about Sherri, things are starting to look a tad bit weird.

Dave Meltzer reported, either from talking to Sherri's husband or talking to people who heard from her husband, that Sherri wasn't feeling well and went to lay down. Then her husband said he checked on her about an hour later and found that she had died in her sleep.

Sherri's sister (via Fox News) says that's not true, that Sherri was sitting out on the porch with her mother having coffee and dropped dead all of a sudden. Surely Sherri's mother would be able to verify that, so why would the husband tell people a different story? Meltzer's report also said that Sherri's husband was telling people right away that he thinks she OD'd on pain pills, which, when you consider he's apparently changing the details of her death, seems a little odd that he'd be quick to get a cause of death out there.

And, according to Fox tonight, police went back to either Sherri's house or her mom's house on Friday to gather more evidence. Although they're still saying they don't suspect foul play.

Not sure what any of that means. Unless Sherri's husband poisoned her coffee or something, it probably doesn't mean anything.

BigRock
06-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Also, the cops found the Wikipedia guy and took possession of his computer.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/jedisentinal/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Phobia
06-30-2007, 02:13 AM
It's like you don't even know how to read.

I read and comprehend very well. But it is hilarious watching people get all worked up over some stuntmen on an action sitcom.

HMc
06-30-2007, 02:16 AM
I read and comprehend very well. But it is hilarious watching people get all worked up over some stuntmen on an action sitcom.

Ken A. If someone gets stuck into seinfeld or family guy, i just go "ah, ok, cool."

Ultra Peanut
06-30-2007, 02:28 AM
I read and comprehend very well. But it is hilarious watching people get all worked up over some stuntmen on an action sitcom.Yeah, nobody ever gets worked up over people who entertain them on a weekly basis for years. It's a good thing you're above that.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Yeah, nobody ever gets worked up over people who entertain them on a weekly basis for years. It's a good thing you're above that.

I presume you're alluding to my football fandom - see, I can read and comprehend....

When football plays take on a predetermined, choreographed outcomes from aggressor and defender, I'll hang it up.

Ultra Peanut
06-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes, because it really matters whether one particular team of contracted employees gets a ball across a line more than that other team of contracted employees. That's what makes it so respectable.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 02:48 AM
Okay, so here's what we're gonna do here guys. Law - the WR is going to doublemove you but you bite down real hard on that first fake because we want a 23-21 halftime score. The long snapper is going to let Pollard in to block the PAT. Fans love that. They'll eat it up.

Okay, now let's rehearse it again. AGAIN!

Ultra Peanut
06-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

The outcomes in wrestling are predetermined? Why didn't someone tell me this?

Thig Lyfe
06-30-2007, 03:07 AM
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

The outcomes in wrestling are predetermined? Why didn't someone tell me this?

It's still real to me, dammit.

:deevee:

StcChief
06-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Had to be the killer or someone who knew it happened.

Are people really this stupid it's recorded when you post it.

Simplex3
06-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Are you serious? Feeding HGH to a 7 year old (or younger) isn't insane...
It's pretty common for doctors to give kids with growth issues HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE.

Simplex3
06-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Had to be the killer or someone who knew it happened.

Are people really this stupid it's recorded when you post it.
The thread:

Try reading it sometime.

Ultra Peanut
06-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Are people really this stupidApparently so.

It's pretty common for doctors to give kids with growth issues HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE.I'm not see the connection here.

crazycoffey
06-30-2007, 03:25 PM
They're really not dead......
It's another Publicity stunt by Vince McMan

The guy is freakin Brilliant.

:rolleyes: