PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks problems

Silock
06-30-2007, 05:57 PM
So, I have a ton of fireworks, but is there any place in the KC area that you can shoot them off without getting in trouble?

blueballs
06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
as wet as it is
they'd be fools to care

Simplex3
06-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Apparently they're cool in my street, but only as long as my kids are already asleep.

Deberg_1990
06-30-2007, 06:05 PM
They used to be legal in Blue Springs....are they still?

BigMeatballDave
06-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Seems like when I lived in Belton, albeit years ago, you could shoot them off there starting like a week before the 4th.

Fire Me Boy!
06-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Belton, Mo.: Sale is only legal with a city-issued permit. Only legal fireworks are class "c" fireworks except bottle rockets, sky rockets and roman candles which are prohibited. Use and sale of fireworks is only allowed from 8 a.m. June 28 to midnight July 4 each year, except Sundays, on which sale and use is prohibited before noon.

Blue Springs, Mo.: Sale is only legal with a city-issued permit. Sale, possession and use only legal July 1-4 each year. Fireworks may be displayed 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. On July 1-3 and 10 a.m. to midnight July 4. Illegal fireworks include bottle rockets, rockets, and devices with an aerial trajectory.

Gladstone, Mo.: Unlawful to offer for sale, sell, purchase, use, ignite, display, discharge or possess fireworks. It includes all fireworks, even those formerly known as class "c" fireworks.

Grandview, Mo.: All fireworks are illegal.

Independence, Mo.: All personal fireworks are illegal.

Jackson County, Mo.: Illegal to sell, possess and/or shoot any fireworks of any kind in unincorporated Jackson County, Mo. without a fireworks permit from the sheriff's office.

Lee's Summit, Mo.: Permits are required for every household discharging fireworks within the city limits. Fireworks may be purchased by authorized vendors inside the city limits, and those vendors can also provide free household permits. Only legal fireworks are consumer fireworks with a classification of 1.4g. Rockets, missiles, California candles and roman candles are among prohibited devices. Users must be age 16 or over unless supervised by an adult. Fireworks may only be used July 2 and 3 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. And July 4 from 10 a.m. to midnight. Fireworks are no longer permitted on July 5. Ordinances were revised over the past year; other restrictions are detailed on the city's web site.

Liberty, Mo.: Illegal to sell fireworks inside the city limits without a special permit. Illegal to discharge or use fireworks inside the city limits without a special permit except: aerial fireworks (which reach over 6 feet in height) may be legally discharged between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m. July 1-5 on tracts of land 3 acres or larger. Non-aerial fireworks (not intended to reach 6 feet in height) may be legally discharged July 1-5.

Raymore, Mo.: Shooting of fireworks prohibited in business district, streets, parks and other public property of Raymore, Mo. Sale permitted only with a city-issued permit. Use permitted of fireworks classified as uno336, 1.4g. Prohibited items include bottle rockets, stick rockets and roman candles. Use only legal between 8 a.m. And 10:30 p.m. June 28 to July 4 except on Sundays when use is prohibited before noon.

Smithville, Mo.: Fireworks may be discharged only on July 4 from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. No bottle rockets are allowed to be sold or discharged within the city limits.

Atchison, Kan.: Some small fireworks are legal, such as caps, small poppers, noisemakers and small smoke bombs. If there is a "dot" stamp on the fireworks, they are illegal in Atchison. Fireworks sales are illegal in Atchison.

Leavenworth, Kan.: Fireworks are illegal.

Olathe, Kan.: All fireworks are prohibited in the City of Olathe.

Overland Park, Kan.: Prohibits the sale, possession and discharge of fireworks in their city. Violators face a fine of up to $500 and six months in jail, plus possible civil action if you damage property or injure another person.

Roeland Park, Kan.: Firecrackers, fountains and most other ground fireworks are legal July 3-4 from 8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Both days. Aerial devices including roman candles are not allowed in Roeland Park.

Wyandotte County, Kan.: Fireworks stands in KCK can begin setting up June 24 and sales can begin June 29. It is only legal to shoot fireworks from July 2-4. Kansas state law prohibits bottle rockets or any fireworks attached or mounted to a stick.

Silock
06-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Ugh... Kansas is so lame.

BigMeatballDave
06-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Ugh... Kansas is so lame.Heh. Ohio is evem more lame...Sparklers, trick noisemakers & novelties are exempt under Ohio law. Other consumer fireworks may be sold to Ohio residents upon execution of a form agreeing to take the items out to the state within 48 hours, or to out-of state residents upon execution of a form agreeing to take the items out the state within 72 hours.

JBucc
06-30-2007, 06:32 PM
We just shoot ours off in the couldesac. Everyone on the street comes down and lights their own fireworks. I think it's illegal here but the cops don't seem to care.

Bugeater
06-30-2007, 07:23 PM
They've been illegal in the City of Omaha my entire life and that's never stopped me or anyone else. Just live a little and light the shit off.

Skip Towne
06-30-2007, 07:25 PM
We just shoot ours off in the couldesac. Everyone on the street comes down their own fireworks. I think it's illegal here but the cops don't seem to care.
Next you'll be stealing laptops.

kcxiv
06-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Wow, cant light fireworks at all out there? We are limited in Cali. Nothing that blows up, but other then that its good to go.

StcChief
06-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Legal out in ST.C county their blasting 'em all over

kcchiefsus
06-30-2007, 08:32 PM
How good it is to not live within any city limits.

FAX
06-30-2007, 08:42 PM
How about the basement, Mr. Silock? Be sure and invite lots of people and lock the doors behind them so they can't get out. Good times.

FAX

morphius
06-30-2007, 08:50 PM
How about the basement, Mr. Silock? Be sure and invite lots of people and lock the doors behind them so they can't get out. Good times.

FAX
...and that is how FAX's job as a roadie with Great White ended...

Bowser
06-30-2007, 08:52 PM
So, I have a ton of fireworks, but is there any place in the KC area that you can shoot them off without getting in trouble?

Go to Riverside. If you're lucky, they'll let you fire them off at the fireworks tents that aren't doing good business, and you'll blow the whole place straight to hell.

FAX
06-30-2007, 08:52 PM

Ouch. I didn't even think of that.

FAX

Bowser
06-30-2007, 08:55 PM

*sound of crowd making defensive OOOOOOO sound*

FAX
06-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Another good place is the inside of your car, Mr. Silock. Just put them in the backseat with a smoker. I've done that before and it's quite enjoyable. Plus, you can drive without headlights during the entire display.

FAX

cdcox
06-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Gladstone, Mo.: Unlawful to offer for sale, sell, purchase, use, ignite, display, discharge, possess or even think about fireworks. It includes all fireworks, even those formerly known as class "c" fireworks.

Yep, this is the Gladstone I know.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 09:03 PM

And there will be more fireworks litter there than any other suburb....

morphius
06-30-2007, 09:04 PM
We used to shoot the off there when I was growing up, sad that you can't anymore.

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Go to Riverside. If you're lucky, they'll let you fire them off at the fireworks tents that aren't doing good business, and you'll blow the whole place straight to hell.
ROFL

Dartgod
06-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Seems like when I lived in Belton, albeit years ago, you could shoot them off there starting like a week before the 4th.
Yeah, Belton is pretty liberal with their fireworks restrictions. No bottle rockets; everything else is pretty much fair game.

It's like a fricken'war zone around my neighborhood.