PDA

View Full Version : SI: Money Men (Ranking the NFL Owners)

OnTheWarpath15
07-02-2007, 02:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/06/27/ownerrankings/index.html

15. Clark Hunt, Chiefs

After taking over for his father, Lamar, who died last December, it looks like Clark will have to wait a bit to make a splash with the on-field product: The Chiefs are obviously in rebuilding mode, recently trading quarterback Trent Green and still shopping All-Pro halfback Larry Johnson. But those who know Hunt well say he is a shrewd, demanding manager who is unlikely to show the same blind loyalty to team president Carl Peterson that his father did.

Be it Peterson's or Hunt's fault, the Chiefs bungled the trade of Green. Rather than quietly deal him when he had some perceived market value, the team let it be known that Green wasn't in their plans, causing them to get into a prolonged staredown with the Dolphins. That aside, Hunt has done a nice job overseeing renovations at Arrowhead Stadium and could emerge as a major influence in owners' circles.

Noteables:

Kraft :1st

Bowlen: 10th

Davis: 20th

Spanos: 24th

And I'm not sure how we bungled the TG trade, considering we got (or will get) exactly what everyone said we WOULDN'T, a R4 pick.....

BigRedChief
07-02-2007, 02:31 PM
That aside, Hunt has done a nice job overseeing renovations at Arrowhead Stadium and could emerge as a major influence in owners' circles.

Overseeing what renovations? :hmmm:

There is nothing happening out there even 16 months after the passage of the taxes.

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Trading LJ huh?

Stinger
07-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Overseeing what renovations? :hmmm:

There is nothing happening out there even 16 months after the passage of the taxes.

Renovating the Concession area, they changed the signs. Originally it was Beer $7.50 now they all read Beer $10.00

big nasty kcnut
07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
LJ not getting traded.

Direckshun
07-02-2007, 04:24 PM
The Chiefs are middle of the pack at everything it seems.

Halfcan
07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Open up your wallet Hunt you cheap bastard!

Mr. Laz
07-02-2007, 04:39 PM
And I'm not sure how we bungled the TG trade,..
they screwed the pooch

OnTheWarpath15
07-02-2007, 04:52 PM
they screwed the pooch

Name one scenario where we would have gotten more from him.

I'll admit, it isn't the textbook way of trading someone, but the end result is the same regardless.

There isn't a team out there that was going to give more than a 4th for Trent.

Mr. Laz
07-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Name one scenario where we would have gotten more from him.

I'll admit, it isn't the textbook way of trading someone, but the end result is the same regardless.

There isn't a team out there that was going to give more than a 4th for Trent.
you have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way of knowing what another team would of given for trent.

and now we never will because the Chiefs screwed up and showed their hand and lost their leverage. Then they blew it by giving Trent too much power in the situation.

heck, Carl even publicly admits that he screwed up by giving Trent to much power ...... and we all know what a blow to Carl's ego that was.