cmh6476
07-03-2007, 12:23 PM
anybody goin?

cmh6476
07-03-2007, 12:24 PM
http://media.49abcnews.com/img/photos/2006/09/16/fireworks.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Why would anybody want to attend a Royals game, unless they like to see them lose.

cmh6476
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Why would anybody want to attend a Royals game, unless they like to see them lose.
cause they like fireworks? :shrug:

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
same could probably be said about the chiefs with that logic

nychief
07-03-2007, 12:28 PM

another informed opinion.

Nzoner
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
cause they like fireworks? :shrug:

Hell you can sit in your backyard tonight with a cheaper cold one and watch the Blacksnakes fireworks show after the game.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
same could probably be said about the chiefs with that logic

The Chiefs consistently win more games than they lose, when was the last time the Royals pulled that trick? 1980 ?

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
The Chiefs consistently win more games than they lose, when was the last time the Royals pulled that trick? 1980 ?
2004 i believe...the chiefs consistently break our hearts to, atleast with the royals we can hope to look up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Everybody should go to watch the fireworks(I guess they are before the game?) and then get up and leave after the display to send Glass a message.

Marlboro_Chief
07-03-2007, 12:41 PM
BTW, Billy Butler got sent back down today.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Who got called up? This is very frustrating and really pisses me off to be honest. wtf is the point of calling him up.

cmh6476
07-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Hell you can sit in your backyard tonight with a cheaper cold one and watch the Blacksnakes fireworks show after the game.

hey the tickets were free :shrug:

Dr. Van Halen
07-03-2007, 01:00 PM
2004 i believe...the chiefs consistently break our hearts to, atleast with the royals we can hope to look up.

Hope to look up???? To another 100-loss season?

By the way, the Royals lost 104 in 2004. You might be thinking of 2003, the only year in five years that the Royals haven't lost 100 games.

beer bacon
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Everybody should go to watch the fireworks(I guess they are before the game?) and then get up and leave after the display to send Glass a message.

Yeah, because it isn't like Glass went out and hired a new GM, and bumped the payroll up 15 or 20 million dollars from where it was last season.

It also isn't definately so that the Royals are playing a lot better this season then they have in recent years.

Messier
07-03-2007, 01:06 PM

It was 2003. The Royals remember are the team that has lost 100 games 4 out of the last five seasons. No team has ever done that. That is historical bad.

Eleazar
07-03-2007, 01:07 PM
always the best fireworks show in town. if you like that kind of thing. Me, I like when they have fireworks after the game because I can get out of the parking lot faster :D

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 01:09 PM
It was 2003. The Royals remember are the team that has lost 100 games 4 out of the last five seasons. No team has ever done that. That is historical bad.
Probably because of the crappy ownership but now they are willing to let the GM do his job and give him what support he needs, we can bitch and moan about it if we are still in teh same position 3-4 years from now.

Dr. Van Halen
07-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Probably because of the crappy ownership but now they are willing to let the GM do his job and give him what support he needs, we can bitch and moan about it if we are still in teh same position 3-4 years from now.

No, the Royals have lost 100 games in 4 of the last 5 years. That is an embarrassment to the city. We can bitch and moan all we want right now.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 01:16 PM
No, the Royals have lost 100 games in 4 of the last 5 years. That is an embarrassment to the city. We can bitch and moan all we want right now.
Agreed, but what they have been doing so far to improve in the last year almost is a plus and something to look forward too, trading the old and geting younger prospects etc.

Planetman
07-03-2007, 01:18 PM
anybody goin?
I'll be there, sans my red cape and tights.

Messier
07-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Agreed, but what they have been doing so far to improve in the last year almost is a plus and something to look forward too, trading the old and geting younger prospects etc.

Sure. they are getting better. But, how hard is it too get better than the worst ever?

Dr. Van Halen
07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Sure. they are getting better. But, how hard is it too get better than the worst ever?

And, come on, once the contracts are up on these guys, it's sayonara Kansas City. Why have hope?

petegz28
07-03-2007, 01:50 PM

WTF????

Marlboro_Chief
07-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Who got called up? This is very frustrating and really pisses me off to be honest. wtf is the point of calling him up.

My bad. Butler is not getting sent down today, but it's only a matter of time according to today's Kansas City Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/175114.html

Clock ticking for Butler

It appears veteran DH Mike Sweeney won’t return from the disabled list before Friday, which means a few more days of big-league time for rookie Billy Butler.

Sweeney is eligible to be activated today but didn’t begin running on his inflamed right knee until Monday.

“As of right now,” Sweeney said, “I’ll be back on the field by this weekend. I was hoping to be back (today) or maybe Wednesday but, with the day off Thursday, it probably makes the most sense to come back Friday.”

The Royals, barring further injuries, seem certain to send Butler back to Omaha when Sweeney returns.

“Billy needs to play,” general manager Dayton Moore said, “and preferably play a position.”

Butler has eight hits in 28 at-bats in 10 games since his June 19 recall from Omaha. He is batting .262 overall with one homer and six RBIs.

“I don’t think there’s any question that he can hit,” manager Buddy Bell said. “He just has that way about him. I think the experience is really going to help him every time he comes up here.”

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
My bad. Butler is not getting sent down today, but it's only a matter of time according to today's Kansas City Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/175114.html

Clock ticking for Butler

It appears veteran DH Mike Sweeney won’t return from the disabled list before Friday, which means a few more days of big-league time for rookie Billy Butler.

Sweeney is eligible to be activated today but didn’t begin running on his inflamed right knee until Monday.

“As of right now,” Sweeney said, “I’ll be back on the field by this weekend. I was hoping to be back (today) or maybe Wednesday but, with the day off Thursday, it probably makes the most sense to come back Friday.”

The Royals, barring further injuries, seem certain to send Butler back to Omaha when Sweeney returns.

“Billy needs to play,” general manager Dayton Moore said, “and preferably play a position.”

Butler has eight hits in 28 at-bats in 10 games since his June 19 recall from Omaha. He is batting .262 overall with one homer and six RBIs.

“I don’t think there’s any question that he can hit,” manager Buddy Bell said. “He just has that way about him. I think the experience is really going to help him every time he comes up here.”

I hope they make this kid understand that sweeneys ass is being showcased for trades and its his job once that happens. I hope sweeney puts out a healthy rest of the month and gets sent somewhere for something. Grudz is also coming off the DL on friday.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, because it isn't like Glass went out and hired a new GM, and bumped the payroll up 15 or 20 million dollars from where it was last season.

It also isn't definately so that the Royals are playing a lot better this season then they have in recent years.

OOHHH, I see. They bumped the payroll for the whole team almost as much as A-Rod makes in one season. How many games are they on pace to lose this year? 170?

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 03:23 PM
OOHHH, I see. They bumped the payroll for the whole team almost as much as A-Rod makes in one season. How many games are they on pace to lose this year? 170?
There is 162 games in a season, and have you even watched them lately, they are alot better and have won some series and had an above .500 record in june.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-03-2007, 03:30 PM
There is 162 games in a season, and have you even watched them lately, they are alot better and have won some series and had an above .500 record in june.

HeHe. I know how many games there are. I was making a point. But to answer your question, no I don't follow them any more. With the Chiefs at least I have hope, but I gave up on the Royals many years ago. I only poke at you guys in good fun. I used to follow them back in the days of George Brett and actually attended many games.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
HeHe. I know how many games there are. I was making a point. But to answer your question, no I don't follow them any more. With the Chiefs at least I have hope, but I gave up on the Royals many years ago. I only poke at you guys in good fun. I used to follow them back in the days of George Brett and actually attended many games.
Yeah i know you are kinda doing that and it doesn't piss me off, just still trying to be a fan, and i think for once they are doing something right, only time will tell i guess. You think you will go back to being a fan?

ChiefsCountry
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Sad thing is about the Royals losing all those games was they didnt have the lowest payroll in baseball.

cmh6476
07-03-2007, 03:59 PM
well i hope you guys that were fans when they were good and now arent fans dont plan on coming back to be fans once they are good again.

Oh wait, I guess that does describe a lot of you :|

Valiant
07-03-2007, 04:05 PM
well i hope you guys that were fans when they were good and now arent fans dont plan on coming back to be fans once they are good again.

Oh wait, I guess that does describe a lot of you :|

I agree.. ****ing bandwagon fans...

Dr. Van Halen
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree.. ****ing bandwagon fans...

Where were the ****ing lot of you in the 80's when the Chiefs were subpar? If you didn't support them then, perhaps you need to leave this Chiefs message board.

Coach
07-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I guess I fail to understand the logic of sending Butler down, if Weeney isn't gonna be able to stay healthy for more than 10 games for the rest of the season.

I just wish the Royals would get it through their incompent thick skulls that it would be better off trading or DFA Weeney outright. That being said, I don't think there is any value in Sweeney.

Cut your losses and move on, Royals. Butler needs all the reps he can get for the 2008 season.

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
And of course, Emil Brown bats 4th again. :shake:

De La Rosa is pitchin tonight, eh?

beer bacon
07-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Well here is your big chance Emil. Time to earn more playing time.

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Bases are clogged with Emil Brown up...

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Ahahahahahahaha. Walked in the run!

1-0 Royals, bases are clogged, Alex Gordon up.

tpflanz
07-03-2007, 06:25 PM
i love royals games... and fireworks

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Sac fly by Gordon, bringing in the run. 2-0 Royals.

Runner on 2nd and 1st. Billy Butler at bat. 1 out.

beer bacon
07-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Now we get to chew on the M's bullpen for 8 and 2/3s innings.

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:28 PM
BILLY F**KING BUTLER SAYS YOU AIN'T DEMOTIN MY ASS!

5-0 Royals on a Billy Butler homerun!

beer bacon
07-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Hahaha...LaRue solo shot.

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:29 PM
LOL WTF?

LaRue hits a homer! Back-to-back jacks by the Royals.

beer bacon
07-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Way to pounce on them De La Rosa. That was real nice.

beer bacon
07-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I really wouldn't mind punching De La Rosa in the face.

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Quit f**king hitting our batters!

Buddy you dipshit, tell De LaRosa to plunk somebody for f**king cryin out loud.

SPchief
07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Is the game on Tv tonight?

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM

No idea, I'm listening to the game on the radio.

Bases are clogged again.... no outs. Alex Gordon up.

SPchief
07-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Butler with a 2 run double. DONT SEND HIM DOWN

Coach
07-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I sure hope the Royals aren't seriously thinking about sending Butler down. I think he's just getting warmed up....

Good god, 6 RBI's today for Butler, and it's only the 2nd inning...

9-1 Royals.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Butler kicking ASS!!!! No...Butler is POUNDING ASS!

Break out the Preperation H Seattle!

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:00 PM

No it is not. But it seems to be free on MLB Audio. At least it didn't ask me to log in.

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:02 PM
No it is not. But it seems to be free on MLB Audio. At least it didn't ask me to log in.

It is until July 14th. MLB is promoting it, so anybody can just go there and listen to whatever games.

I like it, since I like listening to some late night games.

tk13
07-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Billy Butler, destroyer of worlds. He is going to be a monster.

VonneMarie
07-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Butterball is having a MONSTER game...

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Billy Butler, destroyer of worlds. He is going to be a monster.

And the sad thing is, he's being demoted. :shake:

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Gordon and Butler are going to be one bad-ass 3-4 combo to run at the plate. If Shealy could ever come around and you get Teahen to cut out the strike outs just a bit and I tell you the Roylas are going to have a solid lineup 1-9. It's amazing how much better we are doing with Sweeney out of the lineup and I think bringing up Gathright was a great move. We finally have someone you who can threaten ont he basepaths.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:10 PM
And the sad thing is, he's being demoted. :shake:

He won't be gone long. I as a season ticket holderwill exercise my right to call and bitch!

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Nice boner of the week award there, Brown.

tk13
07-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Eh, it's not great, but it's not horrible either. If Dayton really wants him to learn a position, I really don't mind if he goes down for a bit. Not that he'll be a great defender, but I would like for him to be able to play at least a little first base. That would be stupid to have what may be our best hitter sitting out of interleague play every year.

More importantly, that allows us to try and shop Sweeney, then bring Butler back up when he's gone. That probably makes the most sense to me. It's stupid to have Sweeney sitting here rotting if we could get something for him, and I definitely don't want Butler rotting on the bench any longer.

GoHuge
07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Wow that was dumb

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Eh, it's not great, but it's not horrible either. If Dayton really wants him to learn a position, I really don't mind if he goes down for a bit. Not that he'll be a great defender, but I would like for him to be able to play at least a little first base. That would be stupid to have what may be our best hitter sitting out of interleague play every year.

More importantly, that allows us to try and shop Sweeney, then bring Butler back up when he's gone. That probably makes the most sense to me. It's stupid to have Sweeney sitting here rotting if we could get something for him, and I definitely don't want Butler rotting on the bench.

I don't think we'll get anything for Sweeney, considering that he's been spending alot of time in the DL. I just wish the Royals would get it through their incompent thick skulls that it would be better off trading or DFA Sweeney outright. That being said, I don't think there is any value in Sweeney in a trade. Maybe some cracker jacks, a hotdog, and probably a beer, but that's about it.

Cut your losses and move on, Royals. Butler needs all the reps he can get for the 2008 season. And Butler getting the reps in AAA is very different compared to MLB level.

Nice DP Royals.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:16 PM

More importantly, that allows us to try and shop Sweeney, then bring Butler back up when he's gone. That probably makes the most sense to me. It's stupid to have Sweeney sitting here rotting if we could get something for him, and I definitely don't want Butler rotting on the bench any longer.

You know a wise man once told me that you can't make a chicken be a duck. It can't fly and it can't swim. It tain't never gonna no matter how much you call it a duck.

Butler hits. That is what Butler does. He doesn't do anything else good. He is nver going to be anything better than an average defender. So why fight the trend? Why I say? Why must we continue to call the chicken a duck insteand of letting him be a rooster and cock-a-doodle-do we keep yelling at him to quak!

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:17 PM
You know a wise man once told me that you can't make a chicken be a duck. It can't fly and it can't swim. It tain't never gonna no matter how much you call it a duck.

Butler hits. That is what Butler does. He doesn't do anything else good. He is nver going to be anything better than an average defender. So why fight the trend? Why I say? Why must we continue to call the chicken a duck insteand of letting him be a rooster and cock-a-doodle-do we keep yelling at him to quak!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Baseball/quack.png

:)

GoHuge
07-03-2007, 07:21 PM

Butler hits. That is what Butler does. He doesn't do anything else good. He is nver going to be anything better than an average defender. So why fight the trend? Why I say? Why must we continue to call the chicken a duck insteand of letting him be a rooster and cock-a-doodle-do we keep yelling at him to quak!He seems content on showing the Royals that raking in the DH spot is what he's going to be best at. I would be fine just letting him rake and have that C on Sweeney's jersey mean cheerleader. Seems to be working out. Lets keep it that way.

tk13
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I always feel like I see everything differently than everyone else. The way I see it, and he's proven it so far... it doesn't matter where you put Butler, or when, he's gonna hit. And hit, and hit. I think he's more than proven he can hit big league pitching. But he still needs to work defensively, and I still think we can get a DLR type arm out of Sweeney, if not more... if he can just stay healthy for this month. It makes too much sense not to do it. We're still a last place team... giving Butler a month to work on his defense while showing Sweeney as trade bait is going to hurt this team how? Is it gonna cost us a playoff spot this year? All it's gonna do is make this team a little less fun to watch for the fans for a couple weeks. Big whoop. If it even gets us someone we can use as a decent bullpen arm next year, it's worth it. I honestly don't think Billy Butler's stats in 2008 are going to be much different regardless of where he plays the next month.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I always feel like I see everything differently than everyone else. The way I see it, and he's proven it so far... it doesn't matter where you put Butler, or when, he's gonna hit. And hit, and hit. I think he's more than proven he can hit big league pitching. But he still needs to work defensively, and I still think we can get a DLR type arm out of Sweeney, if not more... if he can just stay healthy for this month. It makes too much sense not to do it. We're still a last place team... giving Butler a month to work on his defense while showing Sweeney as trade bait is going to hurt this team how? Is it gonna cost us a playoff spot this year? All it's gonna do is make this team a little less fun to watch for the fans.

Ok let's be honest here. What is a month working on defense really going to do when you aren't ever going to be real good anyway?

In the meantime he is hitting at this level and I think personally it helps Gordon too.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
man someone put some pinetar on German's glove sheesh!!!

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I always feel like I see everything differently than everyone else. The way I see it, and he's proven it so far... it doesn't matter where you put Butler, or when, he's gonna hit. And hit, and hit. I think he's more than proven he can hit big league pitching. But he still needs to work defensively, and I still think we can get a DLR type arm out of Sweeney, if not more... if he can just stay healthy for this month. It makes too much sense not to do it. We're still a last place team... giving Butler a month to work on his defense while showing Sweeney as trade bait is going to hurt this team how? Is it gonna cost us a playoff spot this year? All it's gonna do is make this team a little less fun to watch for the fans for a couple weeks. Big whoop. If it even gets us someone we can use as a decent bullpen arm next year, it's worth it. I honestly don't think Billy Butler's stats in 2008 are going to be much different regardless of where he plays the next month.

Problem is, the trade deadline is July 31st. I doubt that Sweeney is gonna be able to play again until after the All Star Game.

And as for the last place team, I wouldn't quite say it like we're really gonna finish last, and probably 10+ games out of 4th place. I think the Royals have a very good chance to overtake Chicago for 4th.

How can showcasing Sweeney gonna hurt this team? It ain't gonna hurt nothing. I can't agree on the it makes the team less fun to watch, considering that Butler is raking, Gordon is getting better, Meche is fun to watch, etc etc etc.

I don't think bullpen is what we need, since I think we're pretty set thus far for now. Perhaps a middle infielder would be nice. Maybe a young starting pitcher would be nice.

I'm sorry, but Butler should be staying in the MLB level, and playing every day, period. He has nothing else to prove in Omaha.

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
And Scott Elarton got bombed tonight for Omaha. He only gave up 4 homeruns.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2007_07_03_orhaaa_omaaaa_1&did=t541&sid=t541

Just DFA him already....

GoHuge
07-03-2007, 07:42 PM
I always feel like I see everything differently than everyone else. The way I see it, and he's proven it so far... it doesn't matter where you put Butler, or when, he's gonna hit. And hit, and hit. I think he's more than proven he can hit big league pitching. But he still needs to work defensively, and I still think we can get a DLR type arm out of Sweeney, if not more... if he can just stay healthy for this month. It makes too much sense not to do it. We're still a last place team... giving Butler a month to work on his defense while showing Sweeney as trade bait is going to hurt this team how? Is it gonna cost us a playoff spot this year? All it's gonna do is make this team a little less fun to watch for the fans for a couple weeks. Big whoop. If it even gets us someone we can use as a decent bullpen arm next year, it's worth it. I honestly don't think Billy Butler's stats in 2008 are going to be much different regardless of where he plays the next month.I see and appreciate your point, but it's not going to change the way this whole thing plays out. Butler is never going to be a viable defensive player and everybody knows Sweeney is a broken down has been. The value we'd get for him in a trade really isn't worth the time and effort. AAA is a waste of Billy's time and he needs to see as much Major League pitching as possible. If we where a national league team and Butler had to field a position I'd agree 100% but this is what it is. Even if we where to trade Sweeney we'd probably end up paying most, if not all his salary, and for what? Another Leo Nunez? Let's just let Billy rake. Oh and he's 3 for 3 tonight....oops sorry they scored it an error.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Problem is, the trade deadline is July 31st. I doubt that Sweeney is gonna be able to play again until after the All Star Game.

And as for the last place team, I wouldn't quite say it like we're really gonna finish last, and probably 10+ games out of 4th place. I think the Royals have a very good chance to overtake Chicago for 4th.

How can showcasing Sweeney gonna hurt this team? It ain't gonna hurt nothing. I can't agree on the it makes the team less fun to watch, considering that Butler is raking, Gordon is getting better, Meche is fun to watch, etc etc etc.

I don't think bullpen is what we need, since I think we're pretty set thus far for now. Perhaps a middle infielder would be nice. Maybe a young starting pitcher would be nice.

I'm sorry, but Butler should be staying in the MLB level, and playing every day, period. He has nothing else to prove in Omaha.

But I don't want us showcasing people for trades. I want us putting out the team we plan on winning with and let these guys start playing and learn how to win. I have been hearing excuse after excuse why we don't play younger players. If they come upa nd stink like Gordon did at first we might send them back for a bit. But if you are playing liek Butler Sweeney would never touch another bat as far as I a concerned.

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Hahahaha... Bases are clogged again, and no outs.

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Gload basehit.

2 Runs score. 12-3 Royals.

GoHuge
07-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Well 12-3 now. Hopefully De La Rosa can make five to get the win.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:45 PM
The Mariners are getting violated

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Well 12-3 now. Hopefully De La Rosa can make five to get the win.

These kinds of games are hard for pitchers cause they sit so long while their team kicks ass

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
But I don't want us showcasing people for trades. I want us putting out the team we plan on winning with and let these guys start playing and learn how to win. I have been hearing excuse after excuse why we don't play younger players. If they come upa nd stink like Gordon did at first we might send them back for a bit. But if you are playing liek Butler Sweeney would never touch another bat as far as I a concerned.

I wouldn't showcase anybody except for maybe Dotel and Sweeney. The Royals probably would get better value out of Dotel than they would in Sweeney.

Other than that, Butler, Gordon, and Teahen should be playing everyday. And they should be the 3-4-5 in the lineup everyday as well.

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Sac fly by DeJesus. Brings in a run.

13-3.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM
13-3

Coach
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM
haha. Balk.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
damn another balk?

tk13
07-03-2007, 07:50 PM
I think everybody is looking at this year and not at all at the future. I agree, we'd win more games if we kept everything together. But at best, we'll finish in 4th place. That's not good enough. We need to keep acquiring arms, and starting pitchers. It totally is 100% worth the time and effort. I think we need to be shopping every one of our bullpen arms except for Soria. That doesn't mean we must trade, but if good offers come our way, jump on them. If we could get 5-7 more arms out of this trading period, it'd be worth it.

We are sitting in a division with the Twins and Tigers, who have TONS of starting pitching, because they do not leave a stone unturned and are ruthless when it comes to acquiring starting pitchers.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I think everybody is looking at this year and not at all at the future. I agree, we'd win more games if we kept everything together. But at best, we'll finish in 4th place. That's not good enough. We need to keep acquiring arms, and starting pitchers. It totally is 100% worth the time and effort. I think we need to be shopping every one of our bullpen arms except for Soria. That doesn't mean we must trade, but if good offers come our way, jump on them. If we could get 5-7 more arms out of this trading period, it'd be worth it.

We are sitting in a division with the Twins and Tigers, who have TONS of starting pitching, because they do not leave a stone unturned and are ruthless when it comes to acquiring starting pitchers.

It isn't about where we finish this year it's about how we finish. You have to learn how to be winners. You have to learn how to handle the success. You have to get it ingrained in your head that you expect to win every time you walk out onto the field.

We have spent enough time doing everything but that. It's time to start spending time with a core group of guys and get them into a habbit of winning. And more importantly get them out of the habbit of losing because you aren't really playing for today. Been hearing that shit for the last 5 years.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 07:57 PM
What gets me is we have now kicked the crap out of the 2 hottest teams in the AL, our bullpen has been lights out and our starting pitching has been nothing short of great recently. Even when we pitch bad like Meche did the other night we are keeping ourselves in games.

We have the talent. It just needs to develop and we need a coach who can do that. I am not going out and saying we are the yankees but this team just needs to learn how to play like they are consistently. That's all. You can forever shop for talent. At some point you have to work with what you have. And we don't have bad talent.

sedated
07-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I think we need to be shopping every one of our bullpen arms except for Soria.

and Grienke

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:00 PM

No, I'm not looking at this year and not at the future. I am looking at this year AND the future. Sure, finishing 4th isn't good, but it's a hell of a improvement from the previous 4 years. I'll gladly take it, and use that to build on towards 2008.

I don't see any reason to keep Sweeney thus far, as I previously mentioned, that he's injured often, only playing 60 games last year, and only 59 thus far. I'd imagine that he'd eclipse the 60 this year, but I do not see him getting more than 100 games this year. I'm sorry, but that's not "relying" on your so-called captain.

I agree on the acquiring arms and starting pitchers. That's where it becomes a little tricky, as the free-agent market will be insane for starting pitchers. The Royals will need to find a steal like they did on Meche.

It would be actually nice if the Royals actually have a manager that knows how to fill a line-up card and manage the bullpen.

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 08:03 PM
As usual tk13 is dead on right.

It's not about this year.

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Unfortunately, the Sox is beating Baltimore 5-1 in the 8th.

I was hoping that the Sox would lose, and the Royals would be 1 game back, provided they win tonight's game.

GoHuge
07-03-2007, 08:09 PM

We are sitting in a division with the Twins and Tigers, who have TONS of starting pitching, because they do not leave a stone unturned and are ruthless when it comes to acquiring starting pitchers.Yeah shop everybody but my point of keeping Butler up here doesn't change anything. Everybody in baseball has seen what Sweeney and Reggie Sanders has been for the last five years. Another month of watching the same thing isn't going to change anybodies opinion. Their old, used up, produce occasionally, and eventually end up on the DL. Keeping Billy here only gets him ready sooner. I don't think anybody here thinks this season is worth anything record wise other than getting ahead of a White Sox team that is in the tank. This isn't a win now approach. It's a "this is where were at so play the young guys" approach. The old guys we're trying to trade are going to stay old. Do you really think anybody that might want Sweeney is gong to pul the trigger in the next 28 days based on what he does between now and then? Seriously doubt it. I only talking Butler V Sweeney, not the team as a whole.

tk13
07-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I'd be careful with Greinke, but I wouldn't refuse all offers for him. It'd have to be pretty good, but I'd listen. I'd want a decent starting pitching prospect in return. His value is probably way higher now than as a shaky starting pitching prospect.

And I think it's a fair point about winning. But at the same time, we aren't gonna win unless we get better starting pitching. If this was about 4 years ago when this division was terrible, maybe... but the Twins and Tigers are loaded.

In about two years time, we could be facing a Tigers rotation that looks something like Verlander/Bonderman/Miller/Porcello/Robertson. And a Twins rotation that could look something like Santana/Liriano/Garza/Bonser/Baker. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but that is frightening. We're gonna have to go to battle with something better than Odalis Perez and Scott Elarton. We need to keep stockpiling more arms than we know what to do with, and hopefully some of them will turn into studs.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 08:11 PM

thank you Allard Baird

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:15 PM
I'd be careful with Greinke, but I wouldn't refuse all offers for him. It'd have to be pretty good, but I'd listen. I'd want a decent starting pitching prospect in return. His value is probably way higher now than as a shaky starting pitching prospect.

And I think it's a fair point about winning. But at the same time, we aren't gonna win unless we get better starting pitching. If this was about 4 years ago when this division was terrible, maybe... but the Twins and Tigers are loaded.

In about two years time, we could be facing a Tigers rotation that looks something like Verlander/Bonderman/Miller/Porcello/Robertson. And a Twins rotation that could look something like Santana/Liriano/Garza/Bonser/Baker. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but that is frightening. We're gonna have to go to battle with something better than Odalis Perez and Scott Elarton. We need to keep stockpiling more arms than we know what to do with, and hopefully some of them will turn into studs.

I doubt Santana will be back as a Twin after this season. But your point is made. Of course, that's without factoring in the injuries and all the other things that could come into play (injuries, manager quitting in the middle of the season, etc.)

But I agree that the Royals need a better improvement on the starting pitching, other than Meche.

I'm looking at the standings, and the 11-10 aganist AL West is nice, 10-18 in the AL Central is in need of a improvement, but what really is the problem is playing those AL East teams, as the Royals really sucks aganist those guys, with a god-awful 4-12.

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Hahaha... another bases are clogged again....

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Good God.... Hargrove picked a hell of a time to distrupt the M's.

WP making it 14-3.

DeJesus shows his awesomess warning track power, sac fly, making it 15-3.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
15-3

Coach
German basehit single, bringing in Pena, making it 16-3.

petegz28
16-3

tk13
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Looks like an AFC West score during the Marty era now.

GoHuge
07-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Do we get 20? And when was the last time that happened?

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 08:26 PM
thank you Allard Baird

And as usual you're a over-reactive dipshit

petegz28
07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
And as usual you're a over-reactive dipshit

You are the one quoting Baird and I am a dipshit?

ROFL

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:30 PM
De La Rosa should be done here.

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
You are the one quoting Baird and I am a dipshit?

ROFL

Really? Baird quoted tk13?

Atta boy tk!

Your track record here speaks for itself.

petegz28
07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Really? Baird quoted tk13?

Atta boy tk!

Your track record here speaks for itself.

Well gee wtf were you listeing too for the last 5 years when we kept hearing "we aren't playing for this year".

We haven't been playing for this year for the last decade. That seems to be a problem.

Mr. Laz
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM

off your knees ....... seriously get a bib or something.

ROFL

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Booo!!

Another HBP.

Man the f**k up Buddy. Jesus, it's called protecting your batters.

Jesus, Buddy sure can put dumbass in a whole new level of dumbassery.

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Ahahahahahahaha @ Lopez. A routine grounder, and he fumbled it away.

Bases are clogged.......again.

2 outs.

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, I'll be Cortezdamned. Basehit, brings in a runner.

17-3 Royals. Bases are still loaded with 2 outs.

chiefqueen
07-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Chiefs 17

Seahags 3

Coach
07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Heh, Royals lose the DH, Butler playing 1st.

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
off your knees ....... seriously get a bib or something.

ROFL

Slurp...... :p

I wanted Baird fired long before you and your buddy pete stumbled into Royals threads.

I just get tired of the same old uninformed crap spewed here by the same talk radio listening goobers that expect to win right away just because KC has a new GM.

SPchief
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Heh, Royals lose the DH, Butler playing 1st.

With a 14 point, err 14 run lead, losing the DH probaly wont hurt us.

Mr. Laz
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Slurp...... :p

I wanted Baird fired long before you and your buddy pete stumbled into Royals threads.

I just get tired of the same old uninformed crap spewed here by the same talk radio listening goobers that expect to win right away just because KC has a new GM.
i didn't even read the thread to see what it was about.

i just noticed the effusive nature of your comments and felt the need to drag it down into the bathroom. :D

chiefqueen
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I just got in 30 min. ago (going out to eat, watching fireworks) and heard the Seattle announcer mentioned 3 Royals have been hit by pitches. I'm sure Buddy sent a message to Seattle telling them don't do that, didn't he?

Mr. Laz
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
With a 14 point, err 14 run lead, losing the DH probaly wont hurt us.
and if a pitcher gets hurt batting?

VonneMarie
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
This MLB audio is awesome! :drool:

Sure-Oz
07-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I just got in 30 min. ago (going out to eat, watching fireworks) and heard the Seattle announcer mentioned 3 Royals have been hit by pitches. I'm sure Buddy sent a message to Seattle telling them don't do that, didn't he?
No one has been beaned on their team, but we do have 17 runs

VonneMarie
07-03-2007, 09:03 PM
That was the end of the game? LOL!

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
i didn't even read the thread to see what it was about.

i just noticed the effusive nature of your comments and felt the need to drag it down into the bathroom. :D

I would expect nothing less

And WTF?.....Effusive?
I'm hammered. Gonna have to look that up.

Mr. Laz
07-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I would expect nothing less

And WTF?.....Effusive?
I'm hammered. Gonna have to look that up.
allow me :)

ef·fu·sive (ĭ-fyōō'sĭv) Pronunciation Key adj.

1. Unrestrained or excessive in emotional expression; gushy: an effusive manner.

2. Profuse; overflowing: effusive praise.

ef·fu'sive·ly adv., ef·fu'sive·ness n.

Coach
07-03-2007, 09:25 PM
That was the end of the game? LOL!

No dear, there'll be fireworks.

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Gotcha....Thanks Lat!

VonneMarie
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
No dear, there'll be fireworks.
I live 5 minutes from the stadiums... I'm not hearing fireworks.

Coach
07-03-2007, 09:33 PM

Uh, who said anything about "hearing" fireworks? :)

ChiTown
07-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Gotcha....Thanks Lat!

Drunken asshole...............

:p

Mr. Laz
07-03-2007, 09:35 PM
come here, baby ....... you'll hear the fireworks :p

SPchief
07-03-2007, 09:35 PM
The fireworks were before the game.

VonneMarie
07-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Uh, who said anything about "hearing" fireworks? :)
Riiiiiiiiiiight... :hmmm:

keg in kc
07-03-2007, 09:36 PM
come here, baby ....... you'll hear the fireworks :pLaz, an old engine sputtering and misfiring and "fireworks" are entirely different things.

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Drunken asshole...............

I AM TOO!

Whatever happened to Lattimer anyway?

VonneMarie
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
You guys are all dirty perves.

ChiTown
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
I AM TOO!

Whatever happened to Lattimer anyway?

He took a liking to pre-teen boys and decided to join the Priesthood.......

VonneMarie
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Laz, an old engine sputtering and misfiring and "fireworks" are entirely different things.
ROFL

Coach
07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
You guys are all dirty perves.

Oh come on now, you say it like it's a bad thing.

bsp4444
07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
I'll bet Meche is just drooling over all of those runs! He can't even get a decision while lowering his era!

Mr. Laz
Laz, an old engine sputtering and misfiring and "fireworks" are entirely different things.
thanks ......... appreciate the support.

ROFL

shakesthecat

No, no.....not keg, Lattimer.

keg in kc
07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
thanks ......... appreciate the support. You can count on me!

Glad to be of service, hehe.

Mr. Laz
07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
No, no.....not keg, Lattimer.
dam drunk bastard ...... only nice to me because you thought i was someone else.

story of my life :cuss:

keg in kc
07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
No, no.....not keg, Lattimer.I'm not sure which disturbs me more, the concept of pedophilia or the idea of being part of a religion.

You know, I'm probably going to hell for that.

keg in kc
07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
dam drunk bastard ...... only nice to me because you thought i was someone else.

story of my life He misread your handle as "Liz" so he was trying to get some sweet, sweet Merrill.

Coach
07-03-2007, 09:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Baseball/JimConfused.png

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure which disturbs me more, the concept of pedophilia or the idea of being part of a religion.

You know, I'm probably going to hell for that.

I would hope pedophilia, but who am I to to judge.

See you there!

ChiTown
07-03-2007, 09:56 PM

See you there!

I'll be barbecuing on Sunday.....

keg in kc
07-03-2007, 09:56 PM

See you there!We'll split the difference and say 'being part of a religion with pedophilia".

big nasty kcnut
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Boom goes the fireworks royals win.

keg in kc
07-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Gotta admit, I didn't think after the abysmal start they had, they'd have 35+ wins by the all star break.

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around a winning month.

The future is bright.

teedubya
07-03-2007, 10:40 PM
This was a fun game to go to... didn't get any free shit, but it was a whomp down. And whomp downs are good.

ROYC75
07-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Seems like the boys are on a roll....... damn break.

Last roll they got on they went on a losing streak afterwards........

But I agree, we have hope for the future, Moore is doing well and here's hoping it continues.

Reaper16
07-03-2007, 11:00 PM
If Butler gets sent down when Sweeney is activated then someone's getting punched in the tit. 6 RBI? Christ, you've gotta reward that kind of performance with more playing time.

shakesthecat
07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Christ, you've gotta reward that kind of performance with more playing time.

That wouldn't be fair to Dougie.

sedated
07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
I'd be careful with Greinke, but I wouldn't refuse all offers for him. It'd have to be pretty good, but I'd listen.

I agree about starters, they are the key to a great team.

But our pen is the reason we've done well this season, and there are rumors about Soria moving to the rotation.

Grienke is a Dayton Moore type of closer, and he could make a great one now that he has shown the ability to get to 97-98 consistently with movement

Hootie
07-04-2007, 12:01 AM
what are the chances Billy Butler keeps DH'ing even when Sweeney returns?

I say **** Sweeney...pay him his cash and let him sit on the bench for the rest of the year...might as well let the kid play, right?

Pitt Gorilla
07-04-2007, 12:02 AM
We just got back from the game. It appears that Butler can hit.

petegz28
07-04-2007, 08:06 AM
what are the chances Billy Butler keeps DH'ing even when Sweeney returns?

I say **** Sweeney...pay him his cash and let him sit on the bench for the rest of the year...might as well let the kid play, right?

Aren't we already paying Sweeney to sit the bench? How many years in a row now is it that he has played less than he sat the bench?

cmh6476
07-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Where were the ****ing lot of you in the 80's when the Chiefs were subpar? If you didn't support them then, perhaps you need to leave this Chiefs message board.
i was too little to really be a football fan back then. You old fock :p