PDA

View Full Version : Royals Kickin some names and takin some ass

grandllamajr
07-04-2007, 02:50 PM
The Royals are playing 110x's better this year they are still in last yes but they are winning games 17-3 against good teams. Once again there will doubters in the future of this team, but why they are playing better and if you can't see that then you haven't much attetion

grandllamajr
07-04-2007, 03:01 PM
The fact that they are not dead last in the league is a good thing

Deberg_1990
07-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Wake me when the Royals are in 1st or 2nd in the Central and the month happens to be September....

GoHuge
07-04-2007, 04:39 PM
The Royals are playing 110x's better this year they are still in last yes but they are winning games 17-3 against good teams. Once again there will doubters in the future of this team, but why they are playing better and if you can't see that then you haven't much attetionHey I'm a big Royals fan but your comments are retarded. That seems a little harsh to say to a fellow Royals fan, but take the blue glasses off. They one A game 17-3. They are on pace to go 98-64. Better, not really 110x's better, but still pathetic!! They've got a long way to go. We should be happy if they go 72-90 this year and .500 next year. That would show some significant improvement. Look to really contend in 09. That said I'll watch every game along the way cheering them on and screaming about Dotel. He is our new Berroa. Winning is great and it has been fun lately watching the young guys start to play better, but we are still only two or three games away from being the worst team in the majors.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Wake me when the Royals are in 1st or 2nd in the Central and the month happens to be September....
Then you'll be a fan? They have to start somewhere. No one said it was going to happen over night when Dayton Moore was hired but he seems to be making good descisions over all and the team is fighting. How about a little credit for the improvement they are making before our eyes.

Bowser
07-04-2007, 04:52 PM
You mean 64-98.

chagrin
07-04-2007, 04:54 PM
The Royals are playing 110x's better this year they are still in last yes but they are winning games 17-3 against good teams. Once again there will doubters in the future of this team, but why they are playing better and if you can't see that then you haven't much attetion

Llamajr, glad to see you back, and you've learned to capitalize, nice! :p

Eleazar
07-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Then you'll be a fan?

exactly.

BWillie
07-04-2007, 05:25 PM
They one A game 17-3. They are on pace to go 98-64. Better, not really 110x's better, but still pathetic!! They've got a long way to go. We should be happy if they go 72-90 this year and .500 next year.

Actually they have won .429 of their games.

.429 * 162 =69.4 losses

162-69 = 93 losses

I think you were looking for 69-93. I take it you weren't a math major.

:p

Deberg_1990
07-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Then you'll be a fan? They have to start somewhere. No one said it was going to happen over night when Dayton Moore was hired but he seems to be making good descisions over all and the team is fighting. How about a little credit for the improvement they are making before our eyes.

Ill always be a fan....but the thread starter is acting as if they are contending for a title.

Lets be realistic...

Logical
07-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Your dad should take away your posting rights until you improve.

Chief Faithful
07-04-2007, 09:06 PM
This is the most talented team the Royals have had in many years and it is a very young team. The single biggest improvement over the last several years has been pitching in innings 7-9. This team is improving almost game by game and has a good chance of seeing .500 this year.

April .308 8-18
May .393 11-17
June .555 15-12

If you project June performance across the rest of the season the final record is .488 winning percentage with 79-83 record. This would be a record that would cause the league to take notice.

If the trend continues with each month being better than the last then this team will break .500 this year. This would result in Royal mania across the city.

Eleazar
07-04-2007, 09:15 PM
If you project June performance across the rest of the season the final record is .488 winning percentage with 79-83 record. This would be a record that would cause the league to take notice.

I think that's pretty optimistic, but 70-73 might not be. 70-92 would still be 8 games better than last year and with a lot of guys on the roster whose best years are ahead of them.

Coach
07-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Ill always be a fan....but the thread starter is acting as if they are contending for a title.

Lets be realistic...

There is a title that they are contending. It's called "Not finishing dead last."

Brock
07-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Your dad should take away your posting rights until you improve.

your doctor should adjust your meds.

PunkinDrublic
07-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah the Royals aren't bar none the worst team in the majors but they need to learn to be consistant and put together more winning streaks. They kicked ass yesterday but then they get shut out today. Yeah they've shown signs and have a lot of promising young players but learning how to win more consistantly is the key.

gblowfish
07-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I drove 500 miles yesterday to go the game tonight. They sucked. Got shut out, never were in the game, then the fireworks show malfunctioned...no fireworks on the fourth of July. They draw 27,000+ then shit all over their fans.

Typical.

Sam Hall
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I find it oddly amusing that the Royals can score 17 runs one night, but get shutout the next night. I told myself that it wouldn't happen again.

Logical
07-04-2007, 11:16 PM
your doctor should adjust your meds.So that thread post made sense to you? I honestly don't understand completely what he was attempting to say!

CoMoChief
07-04-2007, 11:17 PM

Buddy Bell is still our coach, this team isn't going anywhere with him at the helm.

Deberg_1990
07-04-2007, 11:20 PM
I drove 500 miles yesterday to go the game tonight. They sucked. Got shut out, never were in the game, then the fireworks show malfunctioned...no fireworks on the fourth of July. They draw 27,000+ then shit all over their fans.

Typical.

Wow, just wow......

Valiant
07-04-2007, 11:59 PM

Typical.

That sucks, did they offer replacement tickets???

But I can see them not doing it if there is a safety issue to them or the fans with fireworks going off...

Smed1065
07-05-2007, 12:01 AM
They are kicking their own azz and cant remember their own names....they do not drive 500 miles for a reason!

???

grandllamajr
07-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Ok I'm tired of everyone attacking a 16 yr old teenager who is in actuality probably smarter than everyone who has just tried to diss me. I'm pretty much tired of it. And by the way Logical you are a F**cking dumbass

GoHuge
07-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Ok I'm tired of everyone attacking a 16 yr old teenager who is in actuality probably smarter than everyone who has just tried to diss me. I'm pretty much tired of it. And by the way Logical you are a F**cking dumbassWell if it makes you feel any better your posts make you sound like your 16. I didn't know that last night when I originally posted on this topic, but I swear that is exactly what I was thinking. Either that or a high school drop out. Your three and four line run on sentences show your genious. I'm not a grammar professor by any means, but at some point I get the itch to use a comma or period.

I'm with you there little buddy, but they're far from 110x's better. They are about 10 games better. A young team is going to blow you away some nights by putting up 17 runs. At the same time a really young team will do something like put up a big goose egg, the very next night, against the very same team. Everybody here is in the same boat, we all can't wait for the Royals to contend again, but it's going to take time. We are at least a year and some very solid players (starting pitchers) away.

grandllamajr
07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Comma aren't easy when you haven't slept in over 60 hours.

ChiTown
07-05-2007, 08:36 AM
If the Royals win 72-75 games this season, that will be a HUGE success for this team. However, I see them finishing with anywhere between 65-70 wins this year.

Fish
07-05-2007, 08:53 AM

Typical.

:shake:

Bag on the Royals because they didn't win the game you went to...

And because the pyro team they hired didn't keep the fireworks dry, that means the Royals shit on their fans?

Sheesh...

Sure-Oz
07-05-2007, 09:17 AM
That sucks, did they offer replacement tickets???

But I can see them not doing it if there is a safety issue to them or the fans with fireworks going off...
They said the ticket stubs we had was good for any other royals game the rest of the year.

gblowfish
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
:shake:

Bag on the Royals because they didn't win the game you went to...

And because the pyro team they hired didn't keep the fireworks dry, that means the Royals shit on their fans?

Sheesh...

Yes, and
Yes.

It doesn't matter that I was there. It does matter that the ROYALS weren't there either.

They have a rare opportunity for a home sweep, come out and give up four runs in the first, then roll over and play dead. They never got a guy past second base until the 9th inning. That's why they are a last place team and one of the worst teams in baseball. Inconsistency.

As for the fireworks, I would think you would agree that at least half of that crowd was there for fireworks first, baseball second. 27,000 fans, many of them kids. Yeah, it rained from about 5pm to 7pm. Why would that be an issue for a fireworks display at 10pm? Nobody brought a tarp? Did any other major league team have a fireworks malfunction on the fourth of July?

Nope.

Did any other local fireworks display get cancelled because of rain?

Nope.

Are the Royals incompetent?

Yep.

Will watching another Royal loss with a rain check ticket make all those kids feel better about seeing no fireworks on the Fourth?

Don't think so.

The Royals are a second class organization, and I bet if you checked their ten largest crowds of the year, except for opening day, they probably got beat eight out of ten of those times.

I'll also bet you only about 50% of those rain checks will ever be used.
In three weeks, the Chiefs start training camp and the Royals will be lucky to make the front page of the sports section.

Codered
07-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Give some people any oppertunity to bag on the Royals and they take it... Sure it's dissapointing, but give me a free ticket to another baseball game over sitting and watching a dumb firework show any day.

Yeah they messed up, but atleast they are doing something nice for the fans who went out there. If you are complaining about a 4-0 loss that happens to every team now and again.

Plus you knew the Royals sucked before you went to the game... Let's be honest you are just bent because the fireworks display failed. There was a 60% chance the Royals wouldn't play good baseball. :)

gblowfish
07-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Give some people any oppertunity to bag on the Royals and they take it...

Hey, if the shoe fits...

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Royals2007-1.html

Fish
07-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes, and
Yes.

It doesn't matter that I was there. It does matter that the ROYALS weren't there either.

They have a rare opportunity for a home sweep, come out and give up four runs in the first, then roll over and play dead. They never got a guy past second base until the 9th inning. That's why they are a last place team and one of the worst teams in baseball. Inconsistency.

As for the fireworks, I would think you would agree that at least half of that crowd was there for fireworks first, baseball second. 27,000 fans, many of them kids. Yeah, it rained from about 5pm to 7pm. Why would that be an issue for a fireworks display at 10pm? Nobody brought a tarp? Did any other major league team have a fireworks malfunction on the fourth of July?

Nope.

Did any other local fireworks display get cancelled because of rain?

Nope.

Are the Royals incompetent?

Yep.

Will watching another Royal loss with a rain check ticket make all those kids feel better about seeing no fireworks on the Fourth?

Don't think so.

The Royals are a second class organization, and I bet if you checked their ten largest crowds of the year, except for opening day, they probably got beat eight out of ten of those times.

I'll also bet you only about 50% of those rain checks will ever be used.
In three weeks, the Chiefs start training camp and the Royals will be lucky to make the front page of the sports section.

I've been to plenty games in the last month or so, and the Royals are as far from incompetent as they've been for 4 years. We just had our first month above .500 since 03, and have shown steady improvement in just about all areas of play this year. They've got a young team that is slowly building confidence. They're not great yet, but to call them a second class organization right now is quite a stretch.

I'm sorry that the fireworks were rained out, but to use that incident as evidence that the Royals are second-rate is laughable. The pyro team screwed up. It happens sometimes. They tried, and when it didn't work, they gave you a free game.

gblowfish
07-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I've been to plenty games in the last month or so, and the Royals are as far from incompetent as they've been for 4 years. We just had our first month above .500 since 03, and have shown steady improvement in just about all areas of play this year. They've got a young team that is slowly building confidence. They're not great yet, but to call them a second class organization right now is quite a stretch.

I'm sorry that the fireworks were rained out, but to use that incident as evidence that the Royals are second-rate is laughable. The pyro team screwed up. It happens sometimes. They tried, and when it didn't work, they gave you a free game.

God I hate blind optimism.

Saying the Royals had their first month above .500 since 2003 should be evidence enough that this is a second class baseball operation. I define first class as people who don't lose 100 games four out of five years.

First class operations are teams like:

Atlanta, NY Mets, St. Louis, Boston, Minnesota, Seattle, Oakland.
You know....people who actually WIN.

The Royals are 15.5 games out, only one other team in the AL is farther off the pace in their division (Tampa Bay.) The team is on pace to lose 100 games AGAIN this year. No KC starter is hitting over .300. Seattle had three starters in their lineup over .300 last night. No Royals starting pitcher has a winning record. Our "All Star"...a mercy All Star at that...Meche, has a losing record (5-6) and is surely taking some other more deserving pitcher's spot.

Your "Team Captain" is on the DL again, sucking down $11 in cap room. That $11 million is paying for a blistering .245 batting average.

The team manager Buddy Bell is the all time biggest loser as a player and manager in the HISTORY of baseball. Choosing MLB's biggest loser as your manager is competent?

How bout the draft? Let's look at KC's first round draft choices, starting in 2006 and working backwards:
Luke Hochevar: AA Ball
Alex Gordon: Hitting .228, 72Ks in 78 games.
Matt Campbell: Who?
Billy Butler: Trying to stick as a DH to beat out Capt. Mikey.
Mitchell Maier: Who? AAA Catcher
Chris Lubanski: AAA
Zack Greinke: Head Case. Can't cut it as a starter, middle reliever only.
Colt Griffin: Already out of baseball.
Mike Stodolka: Who?
Mike MacDougal: Wild thing. Couldn't cut it with Royals or White Sox.
Kyle Snyder: Pitching with Red Sox. Sucked as a Royal.
Jeff Austin: Flame out. Out of baseball.
Dan Reichert: Diabetic. Out of baseball.
Dermal Brown: Couldn't stick with big club. Toiling in minors somewhere.
Jual Lebron: Never made the bigs.
Matt Smith: Who?
Jeff Granger: Another pitcher who flamed out.
Jim Pittsley: Another pitcher who flamed out.

They may not be able to sign this years pick because Scott Boras is his agent, and works like hell to get guys OUT of KC (see Damon, Beltran).

So don't tell me the Royals are suddenly competent. They have a long way to go and a LOT to prove. They have possibly the worst draft history in the last 20 years in the entire history of MLB. One winning month in the last three years changes nothing. Finish somewhere out of LAST place for a change, and maybe I'll call that improvement.

BTW: No other venue in KC had any problems with post-rainstorm fireworks last night. Every single one went off without a hitch. Don't blame the Royals? Who hired the pyro guys? There was just no reason to disappoint all those people last night. Hell, they could have sent somebody to Bates City around 9PM, bought out the store, and at least been able to shoot off SOMETHING.

And getting a "rain check" to watch them get their ass kicked again is no consolation. These guys are a laughing stock, and aren't even on the average MLB's fans radar. Once Chiefs camp starts in July and the Royals are 25 games behind Cleveland or Detroit, they won't even make the front page of the KC Star sports section. They'll be like the Brigade or Wizards.

sedated
07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
one bad game makes an organization a train wreck?

it's one f*cking game you pessimistic dumbf*ck

get over yourself.

sedated
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Mitchell Maier: Who? AAA Catcher

you mean Outfielder?
Catcher is pretty close, I guess.

how many of those players were drafted by our CURRENT general manager?

talk about blind pessimism.

gblowfish
07-05-2007, 03:15 PM

get over yourself.

No, I've seen a lot more than one bad game this year. And totally screwing the pooch on one of the biggest nights of the year isn't doing the Royals PR dept. any favors.

I'm not pessimistic, just realistic. I've been following the Royals a long time.
The losing starts to wear on you.

And as for the ad hominem argument, from you, it figures.
Vocabulary isn't your strong suit...that part of the cortex has assuredly been smoked into a giant black stain on the brain.

Just gimme winning baseball. That's all I want. Hell, I'll take .500 baseball. That's all any Royals fan has wanted since 1985.

sedated
07-05-2007, 03:27 PM

that's the 2nd time you've wiped your tard-o-blog on me.

another dipshit thinks anyone cares what he thinks.

guess who cares about your opinion?...nobody!

now sit down and shut the f*ck up. your acting like a spoiled little brat.

"but mommy, I wanted to see the fireworks! so I'll get on the Planet and throw my little temper-tantrum!"

sedated
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
And as for the ad hominem argument, from you, it figures.

you mean pointing out the fact that you don't know a catcher from an outfielder, and you list shitty draft picks from the FORMER general manager when we are discussing how well the CURRENT GM has done, is ad hominem?

you're right, that has nothing to do with the argument :shake:

sedated
07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
NoAnd as for the ad hominem argument, from you, it figures.
Vocabulary isn't your strong suit...that part of the cortex has assuredly been smoked into a giant black stain on the brain.

pot, meet kettle

VonneMarie
07-05-2007, 03:35 PM

get over yourself.
Get'em! ROFL

tk13
07-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe Dayton can trade Dotel for some fireworks to be named later.

Fish
07-05-2007, 03:49 PM

So can I have your rain check then?? I'm dying to see this laughing stock play again...

grandllamajr
07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
By the way there were other firework malfunctions and cancelation so get your facts straight buddy

grandllamajr
07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
If you want fireworks so freaking bad why don't you use the free game they gave you and go to a fireworks friday. jackass

grandllamajr
07-05-2007, 03:58 PM
They are pace to lose 98 games not 100 do the math

beavis
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Saying the Royals had their first month above .500 since 2003 should be evidence enough that this is a second class baseball operation. I define first class as people who don't lose 100 games four out of five years.

First class operations are teams like:

Atlanta, NY Mets, St. Louis, Boston, Minnesota, Seattle, Oakland.
You know....people who actually WIN.

Once Chiefs camp starts in July and the Royals are 25 games behind Cleveland or Detroit, they won't even make the front page of the KC Star sports section. They'll be like the Brigade or Wizards.
How ironic... talk about blind optimism. I expect to see you making this same post about the Chiefs in November. If not, then you need to shut the **** up.

Hammock Parties
07-05-2007, 04:18 PM

Dumbass fairweather fan... Weather the ****ing and then you can truly call yourself a fan. If you become a "fan" when the royals make the playoffs, no way in hell would i consider you a true fan whatsoever...

Sure-Oz
07-06-2007, 08:56 AM
per kcstar.com

Posted on Thu, Jul. 05, 2007reprint or license print email Digg it del.icio.us AIM
Royals to make up for fireworks
By DAVID BOYCE
The Kansas City Star
When the Royals game ended Wednesday night, Kathy Gorrell and her family eagerly anticipated the special Fourth of July fireworks at Kauffman Stadium.

Unfortunately for the Gorrells from Olathe and others among the 27,497 who showed up, the fireworks display fizzled without one red or green bomb bursting in the dark skies.

A thunderstorm that struck a few hours before the game dampened one of the 50 modules spaced out over 450 feet behind the outfield wall and shorted the system. Yes, they were all covered, but one still got wet.

Whatever the technical reasons, the explanation still left many unhappy fans. Gorrell and her husband, daughter, son and 3-year-old grandson — taking in their first Royals game of the season — were among them.

“My husband wanted to go to watch his grandson watch the fireworks,” Gorrell said. “I was pretty disappointed. I understand things happen. There are glitches. That I get.

“But I didn’t like the Royals’ response. We spent close to $300. A rain check to another game only lines their pocket with more money because you are going to spend money when you get out there.”

Instead of offering only free tickets for upcoming home games, Gorrell suggested the Royals should have a fireworks show on Saturday for all the fans who came on the Fourth of July.

The Royals are coming as close to that as possible. Fans can use their rain checks for the six remaining “Fireworks Friday” games, including tonight, which promises to offer a bigger fireworks display than most Fridays.

In addition, the Royals will add one more gigantic fireworks show on the Sept. 11 “Salute to Uniformed Heroes Day” to replace the July 4th show, said Kim Burgess, Royals senior director of marketing.

The Royals and J&M Displays, who put on the fireworks show, said they understood the fans’ frustrations.

“This couldn’t have happened at a worse time,” said Jim Oetken, CEO of J&M Displays, which is based in Iowa and has been putting on fireworks shows for 27 years across the Midwest.

“Absolutely, we feel bad.”

Burgess said they have been planning the July 3 and July 4 fireworks shows since February. They wanted to make them special, coordinating the bursting bombs with music. Burgess knows exactly how most fans felt Wednesday night.

“I share in their disappointment,” Burgess said. “I had 60 family and friends, including kids who were looking forward to the fireworks.

“We put so much energy into choreographing the shows. We want them to be the best in the Midwest. One of the positive things we hear over and over from the fans is about our fireworks.”

Burgess said she received 25 e-mails from fans about the July 3 show, complimenting the Royals on the fireworks. Burgess said she talked to two fans Thursday about the fireworks that didn’t go off.

“Others have called,” Burgess said. “On our message board fans have expressed that they understand things happen.”

The Royals felt they were obligated to give fans who came July 4 an opportunity to come to another game for free.

“It was so disheartening for us,” Burgess said. “We understand on the Fourth of July a lot of fans are coming for the fireworks. It was imperative for us to give rain checks for any remaining games to give the fans some sort of positive out of this negative.

“What we advertised didn’t happen. We are giving fans another chance to see the fireworks.”

The last two Fourths of July have been tough on the Royals when it comes to fireworks. Last year the final 4 minutes of the show was cut because of gusty winds.

But as most fans who regularly come to Kauffman Stadium know, the Royals’ fireworks usually go off with a loud bang. It’s been the most consistent thing about the Royals this decade.

“We pride ourselves in the fireworks displays we put on,” Burgess said.

To reach David Boyce, sports reporter for The Star, call 816-234-4745 or send e-mail to dboyce@kcstar.com