PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs are 30 to 1 odds right now. . .

percysnow
07-04-2007, 08:37 PM
to win the superbowl. . if i thought they even had a glimpse of hope. . .id throw a thousand down

Ugly Duck
07-04-2007, 09:20 PM
to win the superbowl. . if i thought they even had a glimpse of hope. . .id throw a thousand down

Thats 30 to 1 to win the AFC Championship. Chiefs are 50 to 1 to win the Superbowl. You're still picked ahead of four AFC teams to win the conference championship.... five whole points above the bottom-dwelling Raiders! You should be proud:

30/1 Miami Dolphins
30/1 Jacksonville Jaguars
30/1 Kansas City Chiefs
35/1 Oakland Raiders
50/1 Houston Texans
50/1 Cleveland Browns
50/1 Buffalo Bills

http://www.madduxsports.com/super-bowl-odds.html#sbo

Hootie
07-04-2007, 09:31 PM
WHO CARES

Dr. Van Halen
07-04-2007, 09:38 PM
It's the QB situation. Croyle does not inspire a lot of wagering. We'll see what happens, I guess.

07-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Jeez, they are being optimistic.

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2007, 10:01 PM
WHO CARESYou should. When Croyle becomes the starting QB, and is successful, you will look foolish...
:)

Bowser
07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Man, this is going to be the best 2.75 million I've EVER spent!

Hootie
07-05-2007, 04:40 AM
You should. When Croyle becomes the starting QB, and is successful, you will look foolish...
:)
why?

I've never bashed Croyle.

I simply think we should wait until Huard collapses this season before turning the reigns over to Croyle.

The less pressure on a young QB, the better, IMO...

htismaqe
07-05-2007, 06:01 AM
why?

I've never bashed Croyle.

I simply think we should wait until Huard collapses this season before turning the reigns over to Croyle.

The less pressure on a young QB, the better, IMO...

Um, you can't shelter the kid from pressure.

He's already been annointed by the coaching staff. He was a first day draft pick. He's competing with a guy who's been in the league for 10 years and never been a starter - a guy who signed a backup's contract days before free agency ever started and basically conceded the starting position.

Not starting game 1 this season = mega pressure for Brodie Croyle.

Hootie
07-05-2007, 06:34 AM
No, when we fall to 1-3 behind Huard, which is inevitable either way with our schedule, the pressure will officially be off Croyle when he takes over...

Worst case scenario, we continue to suck, get a good draft pick, and re-evaluate our team and Brodie Croyle.

If Croyle starts from week 1 and we go 3-13, the kid is ruined and is a waste of a roster space.

You have to coddle the young QB...otherwise the young QB turns into Joey Harrington or David Carr.

It sounds pathetic, but it's true...coddle the guy for the first few seasons when you have a team capable of contending for the playoffs, and then turn the reins over in year 3...

We should handle Croyle like the Chargers handled Rivers...

It's my opinion, so **** off.

Messier
07-05-2007, 06:46 AM
No, when we fall to 1-3 behind Huard, which is inevitable either way with our schedule, the pressure will officially be off Croyle when he takes over...

Worst case scenario, we continue to suck, get a good draft pick, and re-evaluate our team and Brodie Croyle.

If Croyle starts from week 1 and we go 3-13, the kid is ruined and is a waste of a roster space.

You have to coddle the young QB...otherwise the young QB turns into Joey Harrington or David Carr.

It sounds pathetic, but it's true...coddle the guy for the first few seasons when you have a team capable of contending for the playoffs, and then turn the reins over in year 3...

We should handle Croyle like the Chargers handled Rivers...

It's my opinion, so **** off.

Why is he ruined if he goes 3-13? Troy Aikman went 1-15 his first year. Manning went 3-13. I know those were first overall picks but who does losing alot of games your first year as a starter ruin you?

Chief Pote
07-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Why is he ruined if he goes 3-13? Troy Aikman went 1-15 his first year. Manning went 3-13. I know those were first overall picks but who does losing alot of games your first year as a starter ruin you?

Sorry to bust your bubble......

Croyle is not = Aikman

OR

Croyle is not = Manning.

OnTheWarpath15
07-05-2007, 10:24 AM

Croyle is not = Aikman

OR

Croyle is not = Manning.

Really?

How did you come to that conclusion? Wild-ass guess?

Joe Montana was just a skinny 3rd round pick fans were pissed about too.

Good thing he was given a chance, eh?

greg63
07-05-2007, 10:28 AM

You're penniless aren't you? :p

Chief Pote
07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Really?

Point taken. Although a homer point, and a very positive outlook. I'm on the bandwagon and I'm hoping for the best, but when you're the only one left don't cry about it.

Better yet name the last QB that the Chiefs drafted AND developed into a top player.

OnTheWarpath15
07-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Point taken. Homer point, and a very positive outlook. I'm on the bandwagon and I'm hoping for the best, but when you're the only one left don't cry about it.

Better yet name the last QB that the Chiefs drafted AND developed into a top player.

Homer point my ass.

I'm not saying he's the second coming of Montana, I'm saying let's be patient with the kid and see what happens. He could suck, he could be a superstar. But to automatically assume he's not gonna have a good/great career just because he's a 3rd round pick and the organization has a poor record in developing QB's is just being negative for the sake of being negative, IMO.

And to me, the past has NOTHING to do with the present. It's over. Did Herm draft and try to develop Blackledge, Blundin or Elkins?

Fire Me Boy!
07-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Really?

Tom Brady -- 6th rounder, 199th overall.

sd4chiefs
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
5/1 San Diego Chargers to win Superbowl :whackit:

Baby Lee
07-05-2007, 10:58 AM

Croyle is not = Aikman

OR

Croyle is not = Manning.
Are you talking about QB skills, or ability to keep losses in perspective and grow from the learning process?
Because the latter is the issue at hand, and I'm curious what you base your assessment on.

Baby Lee
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
5/1 San Diego Chargers to win Superbowl :whackit:
That's stoopid, Norv is going to ruin this team. Actually, the GM already has, they just don't realize it yet.

OctoberFart
07-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Chiefs and Raiders have ZERO chance at their division let alone the SB.

KCChiefsMan
07-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Chiefs and Raiders have ZERO chance at their division let alone the SB.

and a troll emerges

OctoberFart
07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
and a troll emerges
What was wrong with my statement? I didn't just pick on the queefs but oakland as well. I know you guys struggle with the truth but man very thin skinned around here.

grandllamajr
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
hey sh*t brick it would be a 32 to 1 ratio jackass

Rasputin
07-05-2007, 04:57 PM
If Rex Grossman can take a team to the SB then I have total faith in Croyle, anything can happen.

The Chiefs and Bears have almost the same coaching style and The D for the Chiefs is going to keap us in most games then its just pounding the rock with LJ.

We will have more playaction and get the ball to Tony G. Brodie Croyle will be just fine or even better than what the pundents think.

I like Brodie Croyle as the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Rasputin
07-05-2007, 04:59 PM
30 to 1 odds
So your saying we've got a chance :thumb:

OctoberFart
07-05-2007, 05:56 PM
30 to 1 odds
So your saying we've got a chance :thumb:
No Vegas just wants you camaro driving queef fans to put your money on them.

milkman
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
If Rex Grossman can take a team to the SB then I have total faith in Croyle, anything can happen.

The Chiefs and Bears have almost the same coaching style and The D for the Chiefs is going to keap us in most games then its just pounding the rock with LJ.

We will have more playaction and get the ball to Tony G. Brodie Croyle will be just fine or even better than what the pundents think.

I like Brodie Croyle as the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I'd call that a bit too optimistic.

I like what scouting reports say about Croyle.

One of the things they say about him is that he makes good decisions, and that bodes well.

However, the fact is, all we really have is hope that he'll turn into a quality NFL QB.

KCBOSS1
07-05-2007, 09:40 PM
IMO, you give Croyle the ball for 2 years committed unless the team is firing on all other cylinders except the QB position and it is obvious that a change there would offer us a possible playoff opportunity.

That is what has to happen with a young quarterback. You can't keep him on egg shells if you really feel like he a possible franchise player. Huard is there for mentoring and solid injury backup.
It's what they did with Elway, Manning...most really good quarterbacks. There was a commitment that at several points really tested the head coach. But he said, "Your my guy, concentrate on your reads and don't worry about me jerking the carpet. Ignore the boos, your my guy."

Rasputin
07-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm optomistic about haveing a great season and watching great plays by the Chiefs. I'm realistically not expecting a SB this year.

Right know all I care about is getting through Pre season with out any major injuries and then going out to Houston and Beating the fnTexans.

Hootie
07-06-2007, 01:17 AM
You name the FEW exceptions to the rule...

The rule being, a young QB that experiences failure at the beginning never rebounds or hits his full potential.

htismaqe
07-06-2007, 06:30 AM
You name the FEW exceptions to the rule...

The rule being, a young QB that experiences failure at the beginning never rebounds or hits his full potential.

The rule being a ROOKIE QB that experiences failure at the beginning never rebounds. Manning and Aikman were rookies, thrown into the fire. And yes, they are the exception.

Go take a look at guys that sat for a year and then started - MUCH different picture.

Sorry.

Chief Pote
07-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Are you talking about QB skills, or ability to keep losses in perspective and grow from the learning process?
Because the latter is the issue at hand, and I'm curious what you base your assessment on.

If you're gonna grow...you gotta stay in the game. I just hope that injuries aren't a problem for Croyle, but they were at Bama.

My assessment is based on that fact. Aikman...rarely injured. Manning...never injured.