PDA

View Full Version : Bears Ticket Prices THROUGH THE ROOF

Frazod
07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Apparently a Super Bowl appearance makes for expensive seats the following season.

I just checked the Bears official site for tickets. They don't sell tickets anymore, but instead have partnered up with Stubhub. The cheapest tickets, top rows, corner endzone, are - I shit you not - $174 A PIECE. Nothing in the lower level for under $400, and really good lower level seats are over $1,000.

This is for a Bears/Chiefs game in September.

Six months ago I got lower level endzone seats for the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME for $130 a piece.

So much for going to this game. 4321

CoMoChief
07-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Yup, my grandma called me a while back and complained about this. She said after this season she's getting rid of them after having them for 40+ years, because her old boss wants to buy them off of her. He's crazy rich so I guess he doesn't care.

OnTheWarpath15
07-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Tim.....

Just looked as well.

Looks to me like single game seats go on sale through Ticketmaster on July 21st. Price ranges from $65.00 to $340.00 per....

The tickets through StubHub ARE out of control, as are the few listings on Ebay...

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/IndividualGameTickets.html

Frazod
07-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Tim.....

Just looked as well.

Looks to me like single game seats go on sale through Ticketmaster on July 21st. Price ranges from $65.00 to $340.00 per....

The tickets through StubHub ARE out of control, as are the few listings on Ebay...

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/IndividualGameTickets.html

I checked Ticketmaster and didn't see anything. There wasn't even a link to any Bears games. It's possible that being in Illinois I can't access the link.

Micjones
07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Ridiculous.

I wonder what they would've been had the Bears actually won the Superbowl?

Dartgod
07-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Crap. I was hoping to go to this game. I'll have to see if my wife can use her work contacts to snag some tickets for us. Last year she got us 4 seats together at Wrigley for the Cubs/Sox game. Two at face value and two for free!

trndobrd
07-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Apparently a Super Bowl appearance makes for expensive seats the following season.

Just one more way Carl is looking out for Chiefs fans. Thanks Carl!

OnTheWarpath15
07-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I checked Ticketmaster and didn't see anything. There wasn't even a link to any Bears games. It's possible that being in Illinois I can't access the link.

I think the info just isn't up yet.

When I clicked on the link, it showed several road games.

My guess is that the info will pop up a few days before.....

HemiEd
07-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Tim, it is my understanding that the Bears are the single source of income for the Mckaskys (sp), Bears ownership. They are going to cash in on last season's success. They should be able to milk it for quite a while.

Anyong Bluth
07-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Tickets are going through the roof. My buddy got us 4 tickets for the Chiefs Bears game in the Cadillac Club for free. Already planning on taking Monday off. It'll be perfect weather in September and a 3:15 kickoff = plenty of time to get 'tarded!

It's going to be a great time!

Anyong Bluth
07-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Tim, it is my understanding that the Bears are the single source of income for the Mckaskys (sp), Bears ownership. They are going to cash in on last season's success. They should be able to milk it for quite a while.

That makes sense. They have one of the smallest front offices in the NFL. There are front office guys that do essentially 6 jobs, where teams like the Redskins actually employ 6 people for those jobs. The Bears are notorious for being cheap, and are complete dicks to deal w/ front office wise.

Frazod
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to weasel some tickets from somebody at work - I don't exactly keep it a secret that I'm a Chiefs fan, so perhaps somebody will hook me up.

But I'm not paying at or near $200 (when you get done with all the fees and service charges) a piece for shitty seats. That's about the limit I'd pay for good seats, not bad ones.

And yes, the McCaskeys are total and complete scum.

Valiant
07-05-2007, 12:29 PM
That makes sense. They have one of the smallest front offices in the NFL. There are front office guys that do essentially 6 jobs, where teams like the Redskins actually employ 6 people for those jobs. The Bears are notorious for being cheap, and are complete dicks to deal w/ front office wise.

Should be interesting what happens when they only win 5 games this year...

DenverChief
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

I just checked the Bears official site for tickets. They don't sell tickets anymore, but instead have partnered up with Stubhub. The cheapest tickets, top rows, corner endzone, are - I shit you not - $174 A PIECE. Nothing in the lower level for under $400, and really good lower level seats are over $1,000.

Six months ago I got lower level endzone seats for the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME for $130 a piece.

Direct TV?

Frazod
07-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Direct TV?

Probably. Hell, this actually makes DTV seem reasonably priced by comparison.

I had intended to go to the Bears/Donx game as well. Such much for that.

HemiEd
07-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to weasel some tickets from somebody at work - I don't exactly keep it a secret that I'm a Chiefs fan, so perhaps somebody will hook me up.

But I'm not paying at or near $200 (when you get done with all the fees and service charges) a piece for shitty seats. That's about the limit I'd pay for good seats, not bad ones.

And yes, the McCaskeys are total and complete scum.

Don't forget Tim, you promised to pay my way. :D

OnTheWarpath15
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
How many seats are you looking for, Tim?

I've decided to skip the Houston game and try the Bears game instead...I'll keep my eye out for tickets.....For some reason, I always seem to get lucky finding reasonably priced seats to road games.

Regardless, we need to try to have a ChiefsPlanet gathering that weekend.....

Frazod
07-05-2007, 12:52 PM
How many seats are you looking for, Tim?

I've decided to skip the Houston game and try the Bears game instead...I'll keep my eye out for tickets.....For some reason, I always seem to get lucky finding reasonably priced seats to road games.

Regardless, we need to try to have a ChiefsPlanet gathering that weekend.....

I don't know yet. I've been told that the FIL may be getting me tickets, but he may balk at the price (and I can't say I'd blame him). I also might be able to get some from people at the office. So I'm just going to see what happens for now, but the one thing that won't happen is me paying the outrageous prices the Bears organization and Stubhub demand.

Frazod
07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Don't forget Tim, you promised to pay my way. :D

Oh sure. Let's get a skybox! :moon:

HemiEd
07-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh sure. Let's get a skybox! :moon:

Here is a nice pair!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TICKETS-Bears-City-Chiefs-IL-9-16-Sec-211-CLB-Row-7_W0QQitemZ130132044845QQihZ003QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Have you looked on Ebay? Holy Shit!

Frazod
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Here is a nice pair!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TICKETS-Bears-City-Chiefs-IL-9-16-Sec-211-CLB-Row-7_W0QQitemZ130132044845QQihZ003QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Have you looked on Ebay? Holy Shit!

I wonder what the McF#ckskeys will do when the stadium is half empty midway through the season. This is a blue collar town. I don't think these prices will fly for long, especially when the weather gets bad and all the brie-sniffing sissies who can afford these prices will no longer sit outside.

HemiEd
07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I wonder what the McF#ckskeys will do when the stadium is half empty midway through the season. This is a blue collar town. I don't think these prices will fly for long, especially when the weather gets bad and all the brie-sniffing sissies who can afford these prices will no longer sit outside.

No kidding, this is the first time I really looked. The fireplace/plasma is sounding better all the time. Not the same, but for those prices they can kiss my rear. You guys are sure welcome!

ROFL "brie-sniffing sissies" ROFL I gotta remember that one.

HemiEd
07-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Here is another idea, Detroit Dec 23rd. Probably have our choice of seats by then, for a hubcap off of a taurus. Only a 5 hour drive.

Frazod
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Here is another idea, Detroit Dec 23rd. Probably have our choice of seats by then, for a hubcap off of a taurus. Only a 5 hour drive.

I'd rather add a couple of hours to that and go to KC. Still not sure what Arrowhead game I'm attending this year.

Bootlegged
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm going - 3rd row, 50 yd line. :)

CoMoChief
07-11-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm going - 3rd row, 50 yd line. :)

If it's on the home side me and a buddy should cya there. I'm row 10 though.

I'm still looking for someone or some people me and my friend could meet up with before or after the game and have a few (or alot) of drinks. My flight leaves Monday morning.

ChiefsFanInIndy
07-11-2007, 04:54 PM

On Saturday July 21st at 12noon Chicago time ticketmaster will have single Bears games for sale. The tickets you are seeing now are season ticket holders selling theirs. Not the Bears.

Here are Bears tickets prices.....

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/seatingchart.asp

HemiEd
07-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I'd rather add a couple of hours to that and go to KC. Still not sure what Arrowhead game I'm attending this year.

I plan on doing the Oakland game, November 25th. I will be able to work it in with a trip home for Turkey day.

Frazod
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
On Saturday July 21st at 12noon Chicago time ticketmaster will have single Bears games for sale. The tickets you are seeing now are season ticket holders selling theirs. Not the Bears.

Here are Bears tickets prices.....

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/seatingchart.asp

Thanks for clearing that up. I saw no indication that tickets were available through any source but StubHub. :thumb:

And Ed, I always spend Thanksgiving up here, so I won't be doing Oakland.

I think there's a second Planet gathering weekend geared more for out-of-towners, but I don't remember when.

HemiEd
07-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I saw no indication that tickets were available through any source but StubHub. :thumb:

And Ed, I always spend Thanksgiving up here, so I won't be doing Oakland.

I think there's a second Planet gathering weekend geared more for out-of-towners, but I don't remember when.

Thats cool, I understand, I always do Turkey and Santa in Wichita. I went to two games last year. I don't care how cold it is, I want to do that Raider game, this year. I want to see the Rookie's (DR) eyes in person, when he experiences the Arrowhead crowd.