PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou forward shot in ankle outside night club

POND_OF_RED
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- DeMarre Carroll, a highly regarded transfer and nephew of Missouri men's basketball coach Mike Anderson, was shot in the ankle early Thursday during a disturbance outside a downtown nightclub.

Carroll, a 20-year-old junior forward from Vanderbilt, was treated and released from a local hospital after the 1:30 a.m. shooting, according to a school spokesman.

At Vanderbilt, Carroll averaged 10.9 points and 6.4 rebounds in 29 games for the Commodores in the 2005-06 season. In a written statement, Anderson called the shooting "a scary situation."

"There is a lot of information that we don't know at this point in time and certainly can't comment about," he said. "Our main concern is for the safety of the victims involved, including DeMarre, but it sounds like everyone is going to be fine."

Braincase
07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
I feel for the kid, but fortunately, as a transfer, he'll have a year off to recuperate. Best of luck to the young man.

dj56dt58
07-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I didn't know Pacman was in town

Reaper16
07-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Below the knees, so its not attempted murder.

POND_OF_RED
07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I feel for the kid, but fortunately, as a transfer, he'll have a year off to recuperate. Best of luck to the young man.
He has already sat a year so I think it will be a wasted year if he can't play which he obviously probably won't.

CoMoChief
07-06-2007, 03:01 AM
He's probably some ghetto ass ****ing piece of shit. Only ****in dumbasses get themselves in that position to be honest. The people that act like this to get them in this position are the kinda people that get locked up in prison because they cant control themselves. Someone will bring race in this comment. Thats the only thing they can do. Which is really sad. Sharpton?!?!? Where is your ****ing queer ass faqqot piece of shit ass you PoS?!?! Can you explain why most of shootings etc are blacks etc? Probably not since you are a blind dumbass PoS.

chagrin
07-06-2007, 05:23 AM
He's probably some ghetto ass ****ing piece of shit. Only ****in dumbasses get themselves in that position to be honest. The people that act like this to get them in this position are the kinda people that get locked up in prison because they cant control themselves. Someone will bring race in this comment. Thats the only thing they can do. Which is really sad. Sharpton?!?!? Where is your ****ing queer ass faqqot piece of shit ass you PoS?!?! Can you explain why most of shootings etc are blacks etc? Probably not since you are a blind dumbass PoS.

:spock:

KC Kings
07-06-2007, 05:31 AM

Shot in the head outside a bar in Westport.
http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/173285.html

eazyb81
07-06-2007, 07:23 AM

No one that went to Vanderbilt is a "ghetto ass f'n piece of shit".

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Sully
07-06-2007, 07:35 AM
He's probably some ghetto ass ****ing piece of shit. Only ****in dumbasses get themselves in that position to be honest. Didn't you "get yourself in that position" with some neighbors just the other night? The people that act like this to get them in this position are the kinda people that get locked up in prison because they cant control themselves. Someone will bring race in this comment.You just did. Thats the only thing they can do. Which is really sad. Sharpton?!?!? Where is your ****ing queer ass faqqot piece of shit ass you PoS?!?! Can you explain why most of shootings etc are blacks etc? Probably not since you are a blind dumbass PoS.

What an angry guy.
Black guy **** your girlfriend, or something?

Chief Chief
07-06-2007, 07:49 AM

Dude, I'm trying my best to figure out what you're trying to say -- reading between the lines, honing in on any subliminal messages, inserting thousands of four-letter word combinations where you strategically placed them asterisks, etc. -- yet I still don't get a clear message. Let's try being open and honest here...trust us...and don't hold back at all, cuz that'll jus' kill ya!

Huffman83
07-06-2007, 07:52 AM
What was funny about this call is when it came through 911 (yeah...I work there) nobody at the club could determine if it was a firework that went off or what.

Most people had said fireworks. But 2 people said gunshot (nobody saw anything of course) So we tell officers responding "numerous people stating loud pops, and unsure if fireworks or gunfire."

At first no gunplay found. Then later, shell casings found.

The club is shady, I was under the impression that it was the Spanish Fly bar. *that's what 911 was told anyway. But it's one of those clubs where it's not as bad as the regular dipshit frat guys bars. But when it pops up...it really pops up. It's becoming the new "Lou's" since Lou's closed a couple of months back. Which is the bars that a lot of shit bags (black and white) would go to get into fights....(much after shattered stopped doing hip hop night fridays)

CoMoChief
07-06-2007, 10:20 AM
What an angry guy.
Black guy **** your girlfriend, or something?

We were completely minding our own business the other night until they started shooting off fireworks at us in our garage not once, twice, but 3 times. We told them to stop which is when some dumb**** from across the street got mad and wanted to fight.

I really need to quit posting after coming home from the bar drunk. Shit just comes out I guess. Oh well.

CoMoChief
07-06-2007, 10:21 AM
What was funny about this call is when it came through 911 (yeah...I work there) nobody at the club could determine if it was a firework that went off or what.

Most people had said fireworks. But 2 people said gunshot (nobody saw anything of course) So we tell officers responding "numerous people stating loud pops, and unsure if fireworks or gunfire."

At first no gunplay found. Then later, shell casings found.

The club is shady, I was under the impression that it was the Spanish Fly bar. *that's what 911 was told anyway. But it's one of those clubs where it's not as bad as the regular dipshit frat guys bars. But when it pops up...it really pops up. It's becoming the new "Lou's" since Lou's closed a couple of months back. Which is the bars that a lot of shit bags (black and white) would go to get into fights....(much after shattered stopped doing hip hop night fridays)

Shattered is the worst club in CoMo.

Redrum_69
07-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Were roman candles involved?

Frazod
07-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Good thing this didn't happen in Wichita...... :)

duncan_idaho
07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
From what I've heard (this is from Gabe DeArmond, Mike DeArmond's son and Mizzou's rivals reporter):

The gunshot wound is about as non-serious as a gunshot can be (I assume this means it is a flesh wound/grazing wound).

Carroll was there to pick up teammates from the bar as a sober driver.

DenverChief
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I bet it was a cop that did it

Sully
07-06-2007, 11:19 AM
We were completely minding our own business the other night until they started shooting off fireworks at us in our garage not once, twice, but 3 times. We told them to stop which is when some dumb**** from across the street got mad and wanted to fight.

I really need to quit posting after coming home from the bar drunk. Shit just comes out I guess. Oh well.
Exactly my point.
Sometimes shit just happens.

eazyb81
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM

Okay, well your anger is understandable.

Pitt Gorilla
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
From what I've heard (this is from Gabe DeArmond, Mike DeArmond's son and Mizzou's rivals reporter):

The gunshot wound is about as non-serious as a gunshot can be (I assume this means it is a flesh wound/grazing wound).

Carroll was there to pick up teammates from the bar as a sober driver.That is what I heard as well from my sources back in C-Town.

OnTheWarpath15
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
That is what I heard as well from my sources back in C-Town.

And is what is being reported on the all-sports stations in STL.

Sounds to me like he took a richochet or something, I doubt the shooter was aiming for his ankle......