PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's new Baconator

Hammock Parties
07-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Ye gods.

http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=1&product=4

Six bacon slices piled high atop two 1/4 lb. fresh, never frozen, burger patties. Complete with American cheese and mayonnaise dressing on our signature premium bun. Go on, obsess a little.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8905/67086440ls6.png (http://imageshack.us)

cdcox
07-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I can get all of my daily fat and 40% of my total calories for the day in a single sandwhich. That seems really efficient.

luv
07-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I can get all of my daily fat and 40% of my total calories for the day in a single sandwhich. That seems really efficient.
That contains 83% of the calories I eat on a normal weekday.

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I stopped at Wendy's late last Friday night and was going to order one of those, but apparently the Wendy's by me just leaves all of their lights on (including the menu) after they close because I sat in the drive thru for over 5 minutes and no one ever acknowledged my presence. Or they're lazy dumbasses. So **** Wendy's.

luv
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I stopped at Wendy's late last Friday night and was going to order one of those, but apparently the Wendy's by me just leaves all of their lights on (including the menu) after they close because I sat in the drive thru for over 5 minutes and no one ever acknowledged my presence. Or they're lazy dumbasses. So **** Wendy's.
Wendy's or Back Yard Burger are about the only two fast food places I would get a burger. If I ate fast food hamburgers anymore.

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Wendy's or Back Yard Burger are about the only two fast food places I would get a burger. If I ate fast food hamburgers anymore.
You must've missed the part where I said **** Wendy's.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
looks good too bad i dont eat meat on fridays

luv
Well, if you don't have a Back Yard Burger to fall back on, you're ****ed. :p

OnTheWarpath15
All the Wendy's franchises here were owned by the same guy....who apparently decided paying taxes wasn't important. So they all closed down....

So the only way I get Wendy's is when I'm in KC or out of town.

The Spicy Chicken Sandwich is one of the best fast-food sandwiches ever....

luv
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Agreed.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM

\rep

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, if you don't have a Back Yard Burger to fall back on, you're ****ed. :p
Nah, we have a kickass local chain called Don & Millie's, they have great burgers. The Mrs doesn't really care for them for some reason though.

BigRock
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I prefer their Diabetes Explosion burger.

CoMoChief
07-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Jr. Bacon Cheesburger, Chicken Nuggets, Fries, and a Frosty all for $4.

Gotta love that shit.

unothadeal
07-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Go on, obsess a little.
I thought that read: Go on, Obese a little

unothadeal
07-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Yup!

DanT
07-06-2007, 05:25 PM

ROFL

Smed1065
07-06-2007, 06:05 PM
\rep

The best IMO. and have been for 20 years.

luv
07-06-2007, 06:31 PM
The best IMO. and have been for 20 years.
They used to be a seasonal sandwich. They placed on the menu regularly whe I worked there 12 years ago. At least in Springfield, anyway.

sedated
07-06-2007, 06:45 PM
looks good too bad i dont eat meat on fridays

ROFL

I'm going to have a giant steak in your honor

(and my 12 beers are dedicated to baby jesus)

Frazod
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I too love the spicy chicken sandwich. Wendy's is far and away the best of the major fast food chains.

But my favorite fast food sandwich is the Hardees mushroom & swiss burger.

Logical
07-06-2007, 06:50 PM
looks good too bad i dont eat meat on fridaysGood grief Catholics gave up not eating meat on Fridays in the late 60s. What sect do you belong to?

sedated
07-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Sonic > Wendy's

Frazod
07-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Sonic > Wendy's

That may be - they're pretty close. I was thinking major chains (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's). Of those three, Wendy's dominates.

kcxiv
07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Looks good. i dont eat burgers that often, as a matter of fact i have had 3 fast food hamburgers in the last year and a half I miss them big time, but i can now control it. haha Every once in a while, maybe once a month or something isnt bad.

plbrdude
07-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Good grief Catholics gave up not eating meat on Fridays in the late 60s. What sect do you belong to?

too bad no one told our school super. i graduated in '80 and don't ever remember anything but fish patties on fridays. i went to a k-12 school to boot.

luv
07-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Sonic > Wendy's
Overall, yes. I still think Wendy's has better burgers, though.

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 07:14 PM
too bad no one told our school super. i graduated in '80 and don't ever remember anything but fish patties on fridays. i went to a k-12 school to boot.
Same here, I went to public schools and all through elementary school we either had tuna salad, grilled cheese or mac 'n' cheese on Fridays. It was bullshit.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Good grief Catholics gave up not eating meat on Fridays in the late 60s. What sect do you belong to?

thats a common misconception that many Catholics have as well

Canon 1251 Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal
Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday.
Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

Canon 1252 The law of abstinence binds those who have completed their fourteenth year. The
law of fasting binds those who have attained their majority, until the beginning of their sixtieth
year. Pastors of souls and parents are to ensure that even those who by reason of their age are
not bound by the law of fasting and abstinence, are taught the true meaning of penance.

here is why most are confused and claim they gave up the requirement...

Canon 1253 The Episcopal Conference can determine more particular ways in which fasting and
abstinence are to be observed. In place of abstinence or fasting it can substitute, in whole or in
part, other forms of penance, especially works of charity and exercises of piety.

unfortunaly most do not complete the acts of penance of work of charity in place of abstaining from meat.

Hammock Parties
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I've pretty much given up fast food. I had a Sourdough Jack on the way up to Springfield, the first fast food burger I've had in months, and it made me sick to my stomach.

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2007, 08:33 PM

unfortunaly most do not complete the acts of penance of work of charity in place of abstaining from meat.

You are aware that this rule was the result of a deal between the Vatican and the fishing industry, right?

Hammock Parties
07-06-2007, 08:35 PM
You are aware that this rule was the result of a deal between the Vatican and the fishing industry, right?

Hahahahaha. Wow. The more I learn about Catholicism the more I am convinced it's the biggest load of bullshit in the history of civilization.

58-4ever
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
With medical advances and my youth, I don't see why this is a problem. :shake:

petegz28
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
This is Ricky Bobby and if you don't eat Backyard Burger then F**K YOU!

luv
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I've pretty much given up fast food. I had a Sourdough Jack on the way up to Springfield, the first fast food burger I've had in months, and it made me sick to my stomach.
I went to Taco Bell for dinner. I'm feeling the same way.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 08:45 PM

burden of proof is on you....prove this to me

Hahahahaha. Wow. The more I learn about Catholicism the more I am convinced it's the biggest load of bullshit in the history of civilization.

too bad your learing misconceptions... also not showing an genuine interest in how the Catholic church presents their religion and the Catholic church's evidence for its teachings,

rather you would take hearsay and preach it as truth and that is not fair to the Religion or people that listen to you

Hammock Parties
07-06-2007, 08:46 PM
also not showing an genuine interest in how the Catholic church presents their religion

You're right. I don't give a shit about propaganda.

luv
07-06-2007, 08:48 PM
How in the hell did a hamburger thread become a religious debate?

Hammock Parties
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
How in the hell did a hamburger thread become a religious debate?

Because SLAGTHOLIC just had to go and preach about how god-fearing and holy he is for not eating meat on Fridays.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
You're right.

Thanks for being Honest

and finally something we can agree upon

listopencil
07-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't know for certain but I've heard that originally eating fish had to do with letting God provide for you, that you "fasted" from food that was provided by mankind and you were supposed to go catch a fish and eat it. So buying a McFish sandwich from the drive through doesn't really count as "fasting".

07-06-2007, 11:38 PM

That employee obviously was.

Logical
07-06-2007, 11:48 PM

I think you and those like you are the rare exception (at least in the US) sort of like the ultra stict Jewish sects. They and your type are few and far between. Congrats on your strict observation of a little followed practice.

Logical
07-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't know for certain but I've heard that originally eating fish had to do with letting God provide for you, that you "fasted" from food that was provided by mankind and you were supposed to go catch a fish and eat it. So buying a McFish sandwich from the drive through doesn't really count as "fasting".

This is a good point, prior to the change it was almost nothing but Mac and Cheese and Spaghetti no meat sauce for my family, we did not even have fish.

Logical
07-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I went to Taco Bell for dinner. I'm feeling the same way.

If you ate at Taco Bell you can still be a good Catholic as you won't find real meat there.:D

Marlboro_Chief
07-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Right now I am eating a Baconator after smoking a bowl and drinking a Budweiser.

Sure-Oz
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Those are my two fav. fast food burger joints....the BYB buffalo ranch salad.... :drool:

SLAG
07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Right now I am eating a Baconator after smoking a bowl and drinking a Budweiser.

only missing the prostitutes

eff the donkeys
07-10-2007, 09:43 AM
You don't miss prostitutes, silly! You pay them to go away!

Hootie
07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
that thing must have a LOT of calories then...

(lol)

Sure-Oz
07-10-2007, 10:21 AM
i may have to get me a baconater at lunch today

seclark
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
had one yesterday. told them to hold the mayo and the rabbit food. got a couple packets of their chili sauce and poured them on the samby.
it was nails, until about 2pm when i was hit w/a bout of the runnin drizzlies.

no more baconators.
sec

chagrin
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM
only missing the prostitutes

WTF, is over-head there too? Always nice to hear about proud parents getting high

Hammock Parties
07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
had one yesterday. told them to hold the mayo and the rabbit food. got a couple packets of their chili sauce and poured them on the samby.
it was nails, until about 2pm when i was hit w/a bout of the runnin drizzlies.

no more baconators.
sec

How can you eat a burger without lettuce and tomato? Heathen.

boogblaster
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
They sound good too me .....

SPchief
07-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Ye gods.

mayonnaise dressing

Why the mayo? It's rediculous how they think that people want mayo on their burger.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2007, 11:21 AM
I like mayo on my burgers.

luv
07-10-2007, 11:23 AM
that thing must have a LOT of calories then...

(lol)
It doesn't take a math wizard to figure out that 830 is 83% of 1000.

OnTheWarpath15
07-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Yesterday, I started helping a client of my wife's to make some extra cash before the fall semester starts.

The jobsite (I'm printing blueprints) is about 30 miles south of my place. So about 5 miles before my exit, I see one of those roadside signs that tell you what kind of services are ahead....

I see Wendy's.

I try not to get too excited, because a lot of those signs haven't been changed since they closed all the stores here. But, since I'm running early, I decide to see if they're open.

Sure enough, by complete mistake, I found the nearest Wendy's that hadn't been shut down by the Tax Man.

And damn, was that Spicy Chicken Sammich good......

seclark
07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
How can you eat a burger without lettuce and tomato? Heathen.
gives me the shits.
sec

Mile High Mania
07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
How can you eat a burger without lettuce and tomato...

...Heinz Fifty-seven and French fried potatoes.

DiaperBoy27
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
burden of proof is on you....prove this to me

ROFL

coming from a catholic?

oh, the irony!

SLAG
07-10-2007, 12:41 PM
ROFL

coming from a catholic?

oh, the irony!

I guess I'm Missing your Point DiaperBoy,

he made a claim and I was just asking for his proof to support his claim.

Whats so Ironic about this
:hmmm:

gblowfish
07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Wendy's spicy chicken sammich
Baked Potato with small order of chili,
pour 1/2 chili over the baked potato,
crunch up the three or four packs of crackers
that came with the chili;
pour them into the chili and stir.

Wash it down with a cold coke.

Yummy.
Great on a cold day.

ChiTown
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM

1000 Calories per day?

Jayzus! I burp up more than that after lunch.

Buehler445
07-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Had one today. It was good. Not worth $6 though.

listopencil
07-10-2007, 02:15 PM

So, you only consume 1000 calories a day M-F? I find that hard to believe.

Hootie
07-10-2007, 03:01 PM
It doesn't take a math wizard to figure out that 830 is 83% of 1000.
Jesus Christ you really need to get a nice, swift kick from the common sense fairy.

kcxiv
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
So, you only consume 1000 calories a day M-F? I find that hard to believe.
I am pretty sure she is almost starving herself. That or she's eating food that has no taste. i have been there before and it sucked horribly. Just with a little exercise you can treat yourself once a week to something greasy. lol

DiaperBoy27
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I guess I'm Missing your Point DiaperBoy,

he made a claim and I was just asking for his proof to support his claim.

Whats so Ironic about this
:hmmm:

a person spamming a religion based on blind faith (as they all are) is asking for proof before he will believe a conspiracy theory.

you don't see the irony in that?

you've made countless religious claims on this board, and you have offered no proof (because there is none). so you are, therefore, a hypocrite.

KCChiefsMan
07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I've been liking the Carl's JR near my place, the other day I got what they call a "double $6 cheeseburger" It was so big I had to work my way from top to bottom, $9 for the value meal and it was worth it, I couldn't even eat it all

WARPARTY70
07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey luv,do you use this?

Immaculate
07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Hoooray fatness.

SLAG
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
a person spamming a religion based on blind faith (as they all are) is asking for proof before he will believe a conspiracy theory.

you don't see the irony in that?

you've made countless religious claims on this board, and you have offered no proof (because there is none). so you are, therefore, a hypocrite.

Well For one i would have to state that your Idea of Spamming is greatly disordered as I have not Spammed this board at all and if you feel different I would ask you to procure proof of my spamming as well

In regard to the proof I give it is mostly from the Bible and the writings of Early Church Fathers, I can produce much proof from these sources for all and any of my claims

when somone makes a statement such as..

Then the burden of proof is on them, not on me.

Not sure how any of that equals Hyprocacy or Spamming

Sure-Oz
07-10-2007, 04:43 PM
What better, the baconater or the Spicy Chicken sandwich(the main reason i go to wendys)

sportsman1
07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Im a Hardees fanatic, but im not going to lie that looks freaking awesome!

DiaperBoy27
07-11-2007, 08:08 AM
In regard to the proof I give it is mostly from the Bible and the writings of Early Church Fathers, I can produce much proof from these sources for all and any of my claims

Then the burden of proof is on them, not on me.

Not sure how any of that equals Hyprocacy or Spamming

Books prove nothing, its just one interprettion of how things could have been (nevermind the constant re-writes).
The Bible "proves" about as much as The Cat and the Hat.

spamming comment aside: you don't find someone, who bases their major philosophical beliefs and life's mission on blind faith, saying "prove it to me" a little ironic?

Raiderhater
07-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm still waiting for them to bring back the cheddar lover's bacon cheese burger. :harumph:

luv
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
What better, the baconater or the Spicy Chicken sandwich(the main reason i go to wendys)
I've never had the baconator, but I'm still going to say the spicy chicken.

It sounds gross, but the longer one sits in the warming drawer, the hotter it gets. When I worked there, one of our managers put one in there when he opened and ate it when his shift was over. The chicken wasn't juicy, but he said it was one of the best ones he'd had.

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I've never had the baconator, but I'm still going to say the spicy chicken.

It sounds gross, but the longer one sits in the warming drawer, the hotter it gets. When I worked there, one of our managers put one in there when he opened and ate it when his shift was over. The chicken wasn't juicy, but he said it was one of the best ones he'd had.

maybe he's just weird. That sounds gross

DMAC
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Floppy, nasty bacon. Too much mayo. It was flattened to the size of a McDonalds hamburger.

I was going to take a picture to post it...but I can't leave my food, for fear of it disappearing somehow.

DMAC's take: NOT RECOMMENDED

Spicy Chicken? RECOMMENDED

Thig Lyfe
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Floppy, nasty bacon. Too much mayo. It was flattened to the size of a McDonalds hamburger.

I was going to take a picture to post it...but I can't leave my food, for fear of it disappearing somehow.

DMAC's take: NOT RECOMMENDED

Spicy Chicken? RECOMMENDED

Jesus loves you more.

chagrin
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Okay - just got my baconator. I am 65% through it and I like it alot, I just scrped off the mayo, it wasn't much.
Good stuff!

Scaga
07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Just had my first one as well....
6 pieces of bacon? Liars!
3 pieces cut in half...

Probably be better with the triple stack special they got going, 99 cent fries, plus the 99 cent drink would be a better value, instead of the $6.43 combo BS.

:banghead:

bdeg
07-19-2007, 11:37 AM
My baconator had an unknown # of strips bacon piled right on top of each other. Like one big really thick strip.

Talk about lazy, they can't even separate the slices and place them on the burger?

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Did Jesus talk about steaks and Fridays, or is that a man-authored thing (an anti-Man Law, if you will)? BTW, a steak at Friday's would own.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Did Jesus talk about steaks and Fridays, or is that a man-authored thing (an anti-Man Law, if you will)? BTW, a steak at Friday's would own.
How come fish isn't considered meat? That's stupid.

Eleazar
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM

I know a Hindu guy who won't eat meat, but he'll eat fish. :spock:

Saulbadguy
07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
I know a Hindu guy who won't eat meat, but he'll eat fish. :spock:
Is he allowed to eat meat on fridays?

luv
07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I agree.

I looked up some Catholic Q&A site. There, they said that they were not to eat the meat of any warm blooded animal. Since fish and seafood are cold blooded, then they are okay to eat. Also, having something to do with the Greek word having something to do with Jesus.

http://www.scborromeo.org/glad/c12.htm

Q. Why can't you eat meat on Fridays during Lent?
Q. During Lent we do not eat meat on Fridays. Isn't fish considered meat?
Q. Why do you give up stuff for Lent?

The practice of abstinence (doing without certain things) goes back to the Old Testament and the Jewish dietary laws which were carried over into parts of the early Christian church until the Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15). The theological reasoning is that it is a method of atoning for sin since chastising the body brings it under control of the spirit. Abstinence is first mentioned in a Church document in a decree of the Council of Toledo in the year A.D. 447 where the custom was to abstain primarily from meat on all Fridays and on days of penance. Canon 1251 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law prescribes "abstinence from meat, or from some other food as decided upon by the Episcopal Conference (conference of bishops) on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday." The National Conference of Catholic Bishops of the United States made abstinence from meat mandatory on Ash Wednesday and all Fridays of Lent and recommended that it be observed on all Fridays of the year but has allowed individual Catholics to substitute another penance on Fridays if they could not abstain from meat. For purposes of abstinence, fish is not considered to be meat because it comes from a cold-blooded animal rather than a warm-blooded one. Secondarily, early Christian art and literature used fish as a symbol of the Eucharist because the Greek word for fish, ichthus, is an acrostic (the first letters form the word) for "Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior."
The 40 days of Lent (Sundays are excluded from the count since we celebrate the resurrection of the Lord on this day) signify the change which we wish to make in our life. Throughout Holy Scripture, the number 40 signifies a time of change. During this time abstinence from something, whether it be sweets, coffee or TV is an offering to God and a method of prayer. Every time we are tempted by whatever we have decided to abstain from, we are to remind ourselves that we have given this up for God so that He can bring us closer to Him.

Eleazar
07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
A thousand calories probably isn't even enough to meet basic metabolic needs, is it? That's nuts. I know when I have figured my basic metabolic calories before it comes up at like 3,000.

Stewie
07-19-2007, 02:53 PM
A thousand calories probably isn't even enough to meet basic metabolic needs, is it? That's nuts. I know when I have figured my basic metabolic calories before it comes up at like 3,000.

A rough estimate of calories needed is 15 calories per pound of body weight (assuming moderate exercise). A 200lb. guy needs 3000 calories per day to maintain that weight.

luv
07-20-2007, 01:37 AM
A rough estimate of calories needed is 15 calories per pound of body weight (assuming moderate exercise). A 200lb. guy needs 3000 calories per day to maintain that weight.
And less in order to lose.

ChiefFan31
07-20-2007, 03:31 AM
This thread has probably taken fourteen turns in five pages...but about the baconator from Wendy's...its looks like ass.

Big pile of dogshit.

I absolutely love me a good bacon cheeseburger, but you wont find one at a FF joint.

chagrin
07-20-2007, 05:13 AM
This thread has probably taken fourteen turns in five pages...but about the baconator from Wendy's...its looks like ass.

Big pile of dogshit.

I absolutely love me a good bacon cheeseburger, but you wont find one at a FF joint.

All I can say is that the one I had was good, the beef patties were good, no unidentitifed chewy rubber stuff, the 6 strips of smked bacon were not flimsy, and were awesome. I enjoyed it, even for a FF joint.

That was my experience.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 01:45 AM
I had one for lunch yesterday, yek. Too much mayo and they should never put catsup on a hamburger.

luv
07-27-2007, 01:47 AM
I had one for lunch yesterday, yek. Too much mayo and they should never put catsup on a hamburger.
You could always ask for light mayo and no catsup.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 01:57 AM
You could always ask for light mayo and no catsup.

You are right, I hadn't paid any attention to what they put on them until I saw the stuff oozing out. I was hungry, so I woofed it down anyway.
Do you like them?
I think I will just return to the old stand by, when visiting Wendys, the triple with no mayo, ketchup or tomatoes. :D

Simply Red
02-05-2015, 11:30 PM
I've only tried Son of.... anyone conquered this animal yet?

Bugeater
02-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Numerous times, it's not that impressive.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-05-2015, 11:32 PM
My brother in law plows the triple variety.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Numerous times, it's not that impressive.

I agree. I've had them a few times and it's always been a solid "meh".

I don't know what's happened to Wendy's or if it's just those in Los Angeles, but they just aren't that good anymore. At one point, I thought they were the best of the McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Burger King joints but now it's in a solid third place, if not fourth.

Jack is my go-to fast food burger, although I only have them a few times a year at most. The gluten allergy pretty much kills my craving for a fast food burger and if I'm going to endure the consequences, it's not going to be Wendy's any longer.

jspchief
02-05-2015, 11:36 PM
I've only tried Son of.... anyone conquered this animal yet?
Greasy gut bomb. Good, but too much.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Speaking of fast food, someone mentioned roast beef at Hardee's and how they dint have it anymore. I was there yesterday and they most certainly do have it there. I was hung over though and needed a gray cheeseburger. Unable to oblige. That said, the velveeta patty melt down was much better than I expected.

Bugeater
02-05-2015, 11:40 PM

I don't know what's happened to Wendy's or if it's just those in Los Angeles, but they just aren't that good anymore. At one point, I thought they were the best of the McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Burger King joints but now it's in a solid third place, if not fourth.

Jack is my go-to fast food burger, although I only have them a few times a year at most. The gluten allergy pretty much kills my craving for a fast food burger and if I'm going to endure the consequences, it's not going to be Wendy's any longer.
Yes, Wendy's has absolutely declined over the years. Back in the day they had those huge square patties that hung over the edge of the bun and they also used to have steak fries. It's pretty much on the same level as McD's and BK these days.

Simply Red
02-05-2015, 11:41 PM
My brother in law plows the triple variety.

http://i.imgur.com/EVeACcv.png

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2015, 11:42 PM
Yes, Wendy's has absolutely declined over the years. Back in the day they had those huge square patties that hung over the edge of the bun and they also used to have steak fries. It's pretty much on the same level as McD's and BK these days.

Wasn't the flavoring better, too? The burgers I've had in the past couple of years just taste like fried hamburger with no seasoning.

Blech.

Simply Red
02-05-2015, 11:42 PM

I know it's popular to hate McDonalds here on CP - then the Camaroheads logoff and rush to pound a #1 combo meal. But yeah; I'll say that the QBC Deluxe is pretty dang good - and I'm being serious.

Simply Red
02-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Wasn't the flavoring better, too? The burgers I've had in the past couple of years just taste like fried hamburger with no seasoning.

Blech.

I agree.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2015, 11:48 PM
I know it's popular to hate McDonalds here on CP - then the Camaroheads logoff and rush to pound a #1 combo meal. But yeah; I'll say that the QBC Deluxe is pretty dang good - and I'm being serious.

I just mentioned this in the Special Sauce thread, but I haven't had McDonald's since New Year's Day, 2002, when I just had to stop for food because of the night before. Trust me, it didn't help.

I haven't eaten there since and won't allow my children to eat there, either. Too many preservatives, too many chemicals.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-05-2015, 11:50 PM

Blech.

10 years ago it was the best fast food there was. Now? No. Not close.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-05-2015, 11:51 PM

I'll eat a DQPC no mustard with mayo once a year and an order of fries. Honestly though? I order ghetto Macs when I go for the most part. Who doesn't want a big Mac without that 3rd piece of bread for $1.45 a pop?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2015, 11:53 PM
10 years ago it was the best fast food there was. Now? No. Not close.

Yeah, you're probably right but we don't have that many options in the 'Wood. Jack in the Box is the most convenient and I do like their tacos but there's no KFC, Wendy's is a bit of a hike and most places don't have a Drive Thru.

I haven't eaten at an In-And-Out Burger in years because the drive thru lines are 15 cars long. I can't even remember what it tastes like. But the one fast food restaurant I really miss is Sonic. I had it in Vegas back in 2011 and maybe it was the location but the food was fresh and very good.

I'd probably eat at El Pollo Loco a few times a week if they had a drive thru but it just takes so damn long to park, order and wait. Chipotle's even worse.

Simply Red
02-05-2015, 11:54 PM
I just mentioned this in the Special Sauce thread, but I haven't had McDonald's since New Year's Day, 2002, when I just had to stop for food because of the night before. Trust me, it didn't help.

I haven't eaten there since and won't allow my children to eat there, either. Too many preservatives, too many chemicals.

I won't blame you on that - they're much better than before (& I realize they have a ways to go) just mentioning my experience and a little bit of research - I mean the fat is still their and skin absolutely IS in McRib, but it's real meat and ground up since Cargill took over. IDK - it's not Ruth's Chris :)

Simply Red
02-05-2015, 11:55 PM
I'll eat a DQPC no mustard with mayo once a year and an order of fries. Honestly though? I order ghetto Macs when I go for the most part. Who doesn't want a big Mac without that 3rd piece of bread for $1.45 a pop?

I've done the GBM - don't think for one moment I haven't.

Simply Red
02-05-2015, 11:56 PM
If you get a nice fresh Sonic burger - they're pretty good.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-05-2015, 11:58 PM
Yeah, you're probably right but we don't have that many options in the 'Wood. Jack in the Box is the most convenient and I do like their tacos but there's no KFC, Wendy's is a bit of a hike and most places don't have a Drive Thru.

I haven't eaten at an In-And-Out Burger in years because the drive thru lines are 15 cars long. I can't even remember what it tastes like. But the one fast food restaurant I really miss is Sonic. I had it in Vegas back in 2011 and maybe it was the location but the food was fresh and very good.

I'd probably eat at El Pollo Loco a few times a week if they had a drive thru but it just takes so damn long to park, order and wait. Chipotle's even worse.

Don't get me wrong, I still like them and eat there some. I enjoyed their pulled pork earlier this year. Crazy, I know, but it was good! Just not up too par with the quality I grew up with. Much prefer it over Jack in the box and we don't have those here. I'm okay with J in the B, but there's a lot better.

You should wait one time for an In & Out. I went there fully expecting to blast the place and call it over rated. Best fucking burger I've ever had from a fat food joint. Hands down.

DaneMcCloud
If you get a nice fresh Sonic burger - they're pretty good.

I'm probably going to take my oldest on a road trip to through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Utah and Nevada this summer and I'm looking forward to checking out all of the restaurants we don't have in SoCal.

Bugeater
What's a Ghetto Mac?

Mr. Flopnuts
I've done the GBM - don't think for one moment I haven't.

They're nice about it. I've never gotten attitude for it.

LiveSteam
02-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Hardee's Frisco burger or the Monster hamburger. Yum yum.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2015, 12:00 AM
What's a Ghetto Mac?

McDouble no mustard ketchup add lettuce and Mac sauce. 1.45 each. BOOM! Order 2 and ditch the bread on 1 and feast like a man for a dollar less than 1 big Mac.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 12:01 AM
You should wait one time for an In & Out. I went there fully expecting to blast the place and call it over rated. Best fucking burger I've ever had from a fat food joint. Hands down.

It's funny that I've had In-And-Out burgers on several occasions, just not around my house in Hollywood or Universal City because they're always jammed packed and kids can't sit for 25 minutes in the car.

The last time I had one was probably 2004-2005 either on my way to or coming back from Vegas. There's a stop in Barstow with all kinds of fast food restaurants and outlet shops and that's the only In-And-Out I've visited that wasn't insane.

Bugeater
02-06-2015, 12:02 AM
McDouble no mustard ketchup add lettuce and Mac sauce. 1.45 each. BOOM! Order 2 and ditch the bread on 1 and feast like a man for a dollar less than 1 big Mac.
That is goddamn brilliant.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 12:02 AM
Hardee's Frisco burger or the Monster hamburger. Yum yum.

We have Carl's Junior and I have to say, Hardee's is much better. Carl's is greasy, with crummy fries along with being way, way overpriced.

Growing up, I loved the Hardee's Big Roast Beef and Ham & Swiss sandwiches.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2015, 12:06 AM
That is goddamn brilliant.

I'm a cheap fuck.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2015, 12:08 AM
It's funny that I've had In-And-Out burgers on several occasions, just not around my house in Hollywood or Universal City because they're always jammed packed and kids can't sit for 25 minutes in the car.

The last time I had one was probably 2004-2005 either on my way to or coming back from Vegas. There's a stop in Barstow with all kinds of fast food restaurants and outlet shops and that's the only In-And-Out I've visited that wasn't insane.

The only place I've had it is in Reno and we were right across the street at The Nugget. Went to put the myth to rest, ate there every fucking day. ROFL

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:10 AM
We have Carl's Junior and I have to say, Hardee's is much better. Carl's is greasy, with crummy fries along with being way, way overpriced.

Big Deluxe?

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 12:13 AM
Big Deluxe?

I don't think I've seen that burger. It's usually Carl's Western burger or the Six Dollar burger, which comes with different toppings. But their fries are garbage, too, so I just avoid at all costs.

My favorite burgers in SoCal are Fatburger, Island's and Johnny Rockets with Fatburger being the only option that has a drive through (and most don't).

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2015, 12:17 AM
I don't think I've seen that burger. It's usually Carl's Western burger or the Six Dollar burger, which comes with different toppings. But their fries are garbage, too, so I just avoid at all costs.

My favorite burgers in SoCal are Fatburger, Island's and Johnny Rockets with Fatburger being the only option that has a drive through (and most don't).

Man, I miss Fatburger. Those are great! Never had a Johnny Rockets.

Psyko Tek
02-06-2015, 12:21 AM

four fucking astrix?
I thought that was four stars

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:22 AM

Just from back in the hot ham and cheese days. LOL - that was their answer to the QPC for a while.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Man, I miss Fatburger. Those are great! Never had a Johnny Rockets.

Johnny Rockets is here in town - they're right there w/ Five-guys I'd say. Very quality - made fresh - EXCELLENT standard fresh cut potatoes fries - dogs there too. It's good shit - it's been about four years since I ate at a Rockets.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2015, 12:26 AM
I think the most upscale burger we have here is Fuddrucker's. I've eaten there twice in 5 years. Color me unimpressed. They're good, just not 12 dollars good. I'd take a bunch over that for the money. I usually hit the mediocre Thai place next door for the same money.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:32 AM
I think the most upscale burger we have here is Fuddrucker's. I've eaten there twice in 5 years. Color me unimpressed. They're good, just not 12 dollars good. I'd take a bunch over that for the money. I usually hit the mediocre Thai place next door for the same money.

Fuddruckers is legit - I remember the first time I'd gone it was as a child on Noland Road - seeing the sides of beef and that whole butcher-locker marketing technique was new and fresh and created appetite.

I loved my first burger there - it's still pretty good - we had one up until arount 4 or 5 yrs ago - I got one last visit in prior to them leaving - I just got that 1/3 patty w/ cheese - then just did the basic build w/ Lettuce (shaved) - Tomato (sliced) and diced white onion - light mustard - light ketchup - mediocre amount of mayo - maybe like two pickles - it was solid - they had a shitty spot - near Gwinnett Mall which (that area) has turned to shit.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Fuddruckers is legit - I remember the first time I'd gone it was as a child on Noland Road - seeing the sides of beef and that whole butcher-locker marketing technique was new and fresh and created appetite.

I loved my first burger there - it's still pretty good - we had one up until arount 4 or 5 yrs ago - I got one last visit in prior to them leaving - I just got that 1/3 patty w/ cheese - then just did the basic build w/ Lettuce (shaved) - Tomato (sliced) and diced white onion - light mustard - light ketchup - mediocre amount of mayo - maybe like two pickles - it was solid - they had a shitty spot - near Gwinnett Mall which (that area) has turned to shit.

What I like most is the build your own bar. Next time I'm going to try a Buffalo burger. That has potential.

CanadianChiefs
02-06-2015, 12:44 AM
In Canada, at least around here we have a "Mcgangbang". Same idea as the Mcdoubles with the Mac sauce, except you order one Mcdouble, one junior chicken, seperate the Mcdouble patties, place the junior chicken in there, and put the other half of the Mcdouble on top.

Pretty good.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 12:49 AM

I haven't had Fuddrucker's in probably 25 years. People used to swear by them when I lived in O.P. but while I recall the toppings to be of high quality (cheese, lettuce, thick tomatoes, etc.) I don't remember the burger itself as being anything special.

I know that people say it time and time again but it's really true for me: The best burgers are those in which I buy the hamburger, season with ground pepper and Lawry's salt, throw on the grill for 15 minutes while preparing romaine lettuce, slicing garden tomatoes, red onion, avocados or guacamole with good quality cheddar or pepperjack cheese on a good bun.

I'm down with that for most months of the year but after a while, it becomes "boring".

A few months will pass and I'll "rediscover" it all over again.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 12:50 AM
In Canada, at least around here we have a "Mcgangbang". Same idea as the Mcdoubles with the Mac sauce, except you order one Mcdouble, one junior chicken, seperate the Mcdouble patties, place the junior chicken in there, and put the other half of the Mcdouble on top.

Pretty good.

When I was in Canada back in 1993, I actually had a McDonald's pizza in Ottawa. Do they still have those?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2015, 12:51 AM

Pretty good.

I've never done it but it's called the same thing here.

I haven't had Fuddrucker's in probably 25 years. People used to swear by them when I lived in O.P. but while I recall the toppings to be of high quality (cheese, lettuce, thick tomatoes, etc.) I don't remember the burger itself as being anything special.

I know that people say it time and time again but it's really true for me: The best burgers are those in which I buy the hamburger, season with ground pepper and Lawry's salt, throw on the grill for 15 minutes while preparing romaine lettuce, slicing garden tomatoes, red onion, avocados or guacamole with good quality cheddar or pepperjack cheese on a good bun.

I'm down with that for most months of the year but after a while, it becomes "boring", a few months will pass and I'll "rediscover" it all over again.

Agreed! Big time.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:52 AM

I'm down with that for most months of the year but after a while, it becomes "boring", a few months will pass and I'll "rediscover" it all over again.

That's pretty much accurate - but it was fair - Just a chain - but fair for a chain.

For some reason this reminded me --

I tell you a little secret speaking of chains: Chili's - Yeah - try their actual Chili sometime. I never thought to actually order Chili at Chili's for some reason. But then I did one day - it's awesome, IMO.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:53 AM
The buns they use at Fudds are solid. Nice sized, evenly butter toasted.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:54 AM
When I was in Canada back in 1993, I actually had a McDonald's pizza in Ottawa. Do they still have those?

No - I saw that in the retro ad we posted here the other day - i don't remember that pizza, ever - Do you recall it when you lived in Ks/Mo?

Valiant
02-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Not sure about the baconator. But the jbc for 1.50 are delicious.. Crispy bacon always..

Simply Red
No - I saw that in the retro ad we posted here the other day - i don't remember that pizza, ever - Do you recall it when you lived in Ks/Mo?

I say this because I wonder if it was strickly offered by geographically or something.

DaneMcCloud
That's pretty much accurate - but it was fair - Just a chain - but fair for a chain.

For some reason this reminded me --

I tell you a little secret speaking of chains: Chili's - Yeah - try their actual Chili sometime. I never thought to actually order Chili at Chili's for some reason. But then I did one day - it's awesome, IMO.

I think the closest Chili's to me is about 45 minutes away. Same for Red Lobster and those type of chains. Hollywood is mostly Mom & Pop or high end, which is why I'm fairly limited with choices when it comes to drive-thru.

But in all honesty, I'm kind of glad. I'm fairly certain I'd ingest more of that type of food than I should if it were easier. As it is, I try to eat as well as I can.

Valiant
02-06-2015, 12:56 AM

They only tried pizza a few places in the states.. It is amazing what McDs serves worldwide..

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:56 AM
Not sure about the baconator. But the jbc for 1.50 are delicious.. Crispy bacon always..

Valiant - do you ever go to Houston's?

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 12:58 AM

Oh no, they didn't have it in Kansas or Missouri.

Truth be told, I was on a six week tour with a band in Canada. The singer had a really bad tooth infection and what should have been five days a week gigging turned into about 10 gigs during the entire six weeks. Me and some of the other guys were bored and would just walk around all these great cities in Canada, trying things out.

That was before I was 30 and with all of the walking, I probably ate 4,000 calories a day and lost weight.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 12:59 AM
I think the closest Chili's to me is about 45 minutes away. Same for Red Lobster and those type of chains. Hollywood is mostly Mom & Pop or high end, which is why I'm fairly limited with choices when it comes to drive-thru.

But in all honesty, I'm kind of glad. I'm fairly certain I'd ingest more of that type of food than I should if it were easier. As it is, I try to eat as well as I can.

I'm the same way - I talk like I eat like this all of the time - i really don't - ha - I'm much like you in my diet - basically I eat to live - for example - it's often chicken - and a nice veggie - I try to get a lot of protein - i really don't do sugar much - although I still allow occasional splurges. I totally cheat on Friday and usually just go to (SAFE CHOICE) Houston's restaurant - due to their consistency - plus there's some talent around my age that hang at their bar ;)

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 01:01 AM
Oh no, they didn't have it in Kansas or Missouri.

Truth be told, I was on a six week tour with a band in Canada. The singer had a really bad tooth infection and what should have been five days a week gigging turned into about 10 gigs during the entire six weeks. Me and some of the other guys were bored and would just walk around all these great cities in Canada, trying things out.

That was before I was 30 and with all of the walking, I probably ate 4,000 calories a day and lost weight.

I'd say 9 years ago Burger King offered tacos - Not sure if any of you remember - they were less than impressive - they seriously stuffed the cheesebuger cheese slice in a taco - w/ some weird mushy taco-esque meat product - They were edible then, for I was broke, but dang they were greasy lil' pucks.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 01:07 AM
I'd say 9 years ago Burger King offered tacos - Not sure if any of you remember - they were less than impressive - they seriously stuffed the cheesebuger cheese slice in a taco - w/ some weird mushy taco-esque meat product - They were edible then, for I was broke, but dang they were greasy lil' pucks.

I think I've only had Burger King once in the past 17 years. We went to Wine Country up in Solvang and as we were leaving town, my wife wanted to shop. The Bread & Breakfast we stayed at had a small breakfast that morning so while she was shopping, I hit the local Burger King. I was good but the burger seemed undersized.

We have a Burger King at LaBrea and Sunset but there's no drive through and in 22 years, I've never had time to stop.

Buehler445
02-06-2015, 01:25 AM

I'd agree Wendy's and Hardee's/Carl's Jr have gone down hill. Last I knew Hardee's and Carl's Jr were the exact same. I can't drive by it without a heart attack so I don't know for sure.

To me though the real disappointment is sonic. Not only are thy crazy overpriced, but their food has went south too. Wife loves to eat there, and I about can't stand it. Their popcorn chicken used to be kick ass, now it's all breading. Their breakfast burritos used to be cheap rolled up kick ass, now there's basically nothing in them. I haven't had cheddar bites in years because you got 5 cheddar bites for $4. Their fries are trash and I can't remember the last time I got a decent tasting burger there. I used to love sonic. Now I can't bring myself to go. Even with the wife.

I haven't ate much fast food outside of what's local here. (Wendy's Pizza Hut and DQ, a couple mom and pops, and taco grande which is horrible but awesome. But it's a once a month job. Gastrointestinal health prohibits anything more frequent). Around here there aren't any jack in the box or in and out, but the best drive through stuff around here is Freddy's. It's always good. Always hot. Always overpriced, but I'll pay it to not have some meth monkey fuck up fast food (yes. It's possible).

Arby's still has some decent items, but they've almost priced themselves out of fast food and jump the shark regularly.

Mooya serves a good burger and fries, but they're not drive through.

I'm like Dane. I think I ate a couple $1 double cheeseburgers in 07ish when I was in Sidney and drunker than hell, but I can't bring myself to go.

LiveSteam
02-06-2015, 01:32 AM
Oh ya Sonic sucks ass now. Not sure how they stay in business.
In Omaha we have King Kong, its a Greek fast food with anything from burgers to Gyro's. Excellent food.
Then we have Runza & Bronco's.
Bronco's makes the best grease burger EVER.

Buehler445
02-06-2015, 01:47 AM
In Omaha we have King Kong, its a Greek fast food with anything from burgers to Gyro's. Excellent food.
Bronco's makes the best grease burger EVER.

Runza made decent food when I was up there. I didn't eat their runzas often but their burgers were good.

LiveSteam
02-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Runza's mushroom swiss burger & their chilli are my favorite's.
I'm kinda hooked on Casey's pepperoni pizza right now.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Bronco's breakfast sandwich.

http://i.imgur.com/xihoz2a.jpg

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 02:00 AM
Oh no! Sonic isn't good anymore?

Wow, it's weird. Food should be getting better, not worse.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2015, 02:00 AM
anything with velveeta cheese on it is not fit for human consumption

LiveSteam
02-06-2015, 03:13 AM
But I make numbah one nacho dip with Velveeta
1 stick of Velveeta
1lbs of Jimmy Dean hot sausage
2 cans Rottel
1 can cream of celery.
Click on Superbowl
Watch Patriots win.
Wait two days for next bowl movement.

Baby Lee
02-06-2015, 05:26 AM

I'm no fan of McDonalds, but anyone who espouses Jack'n'the Box is no arbiter of taste.

JotB is firmly on the 'sometimes meh, sometime shit' fast food baseline.

dannybcaitlyn
02-06-2015, 06:50 AM
But I make numbah one nacho dip with Velveeta
1 stick of Velveeta
1lbs of Jimmy Dean hot sausage
2 cans Rottel
1 can cream of celery.
Click on Superbowl
Watch Patriots win.
Wait two days for next bowl movement.

Hmm, Never tried it with a can of cream of celery.

Buehler445
02-06-2015, 06:54 AM
Runza's mushroom swiss burger & their chilli are my favorite's.
I'm kinda hooked on Casey's pepperoni pizza right now.

I hate Caseys pizza. Hate it with the fire of 1000 suns. Everybody in my family loves it and it makes me want to kill kittens.

Oh no! Sonic isn't good anymore?

Wow, it's weird. Food should be getting better, not worse.

You're right. It should be. But I think everyone is pushing to put out less food for the same dollars. Which makes some sense. With the run up in meats and the increases in minimum wage it is pretty tough. Still frustrating from a consumer standpoint.

Baby Lee
02-06-2015, 07:37 AM

Now see, that is clearly either subjective or a store by store difference.

Carls IS Hardees, same suppliers, same equipment, same training, same parent corp. Only difference is some developed brand recognition in a geographical area under one name and some under the other.

Pablo
02-06-2015, 07:42 AM
I hate Caseys pizza. Hate it with the fire of 1000 suns. Everybody in my family loves it and it makes me want to kill kittens.

You're right. It should be. But I think everyone is pushing to put out less food for the same dollars. Which makes some sense. With the run up in meats and the increases in minimum wage it is pretty tough. Still frustrating from a consumer standpoint.
Caseys pizza is the truth. Love it. Their breakfast pizza is really where it's at though.

Buehler445
02-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Caseys pizza is the truth. Love it. Their breakfast pizza is really where it's at though.

Never had the breakfast one. It may also be a store thing. The dudes making the pizza are exclusively skeezy motherfuckers.

Fire Me Boy!
02-06-2015, 07:45 AM

A few years ago market research determined customers preferred a smaller, thicker patty over the thinner but larger patty. Thus began the decline, IMO.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2011-09-19/wendys-new-burgers/50462530/1

They also switched to the natural cut fries a la 5 Guys, and now their fries suck, too.

Pablo
02-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Never had the breakfast one. It may also be a store thing. The dudes making the pizza are exclusively skeezy motherfuckers.
That's what you want for a hangover gut buster. Bacon, cheese sauce, egg and more cheese. Grab a slice, they're pretty big and filling, and a cup of coffee. Eat. Poop. Feel better.

I have a newer store close to me that seems to do a decent job. And the employees aren't bad.

Pablo
02-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Chick fil A waffle fries and their sauce are really delicious. And I'm not a fast food fry lover.

rabblerouser
02-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Jr. Bacon Cheesburger, Chicken Nuggets, Fries, and a Frosty all for $4.

Gotta love that shit.

I care enough about my body that I spring the extra $6 for some real food ;)

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2015, 08:32 AM
i tried a Bacon and Bleu burger the other day, it was actually decent.

keg in kc
02-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Hard to believe, but I don't think I ever tried a baconater.

Baby Lee
02-06-2015, 08:42 AM
i tried a Bacon and Bleu burger the other day, it was actually decent.

Speaking of a grown up burger, Wendy's Bacon Bleu on Brioche is damned tasty. But I'm a dyed in the wool bleu cheese fan.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2015, 10:49 AM

yeah, that's what made me try it :thumb:

Baby Lee
02-06-2015, 10:54 AM
yeah, that's what made me try it :thumb:

Glad you liked it.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm no fan of McDonalds, but anyone who espouses Jack'n'the Box is no arbiter of taste.

JotB is firmly on the 'sometimes meh, sometime shit' fast food baseline.

I'll agree, Jack isn't necessarily "good" but I do trust their ingredients more than McDonald's. McDonald's adds so many preservatives and so much of their food (especially the McNuggets) are so processed that I won't allow my children to eat it.

No nuggets but strips are "okay".

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Now see, that is clearly either subjective or a store by store difference.

Carls IS Hardees, same suppliers, same equipment, same training, same parent corp. Only difference is some developed brand recognition in a geographical area under one name and some under the other.

I haven't had Hardees since probably the 80's or early 90's. Carl's used to be very good but once merged, the food has gone downhill.

I've been to a few Carl's locally and the quality of food was average at best, if not below, and certainly higher priced than the other burger chains.

Fire Me Boy!
02-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I haven't had Hardees since probably the 80's or early 90's. Carl's used to be very good but once merged, the food has gone downhill.

I've been to a few Carl's locally and the quality of food was average at best, if not below, and certainly higher priced than the other burger chains.

Never been to Carl's, but I've never been much of a fan of Hardee's burgers. I used to like their roast beef sandwich.

GloucesterChief
02-06-2015, 11:16 AM
You go to Hardees/Carls for breakfast. Not for any other meal.

Buehler445
02-06-2015, 11:21 AM

I'd anticipate the next Hardee's you go to will be exactly like Carl's jr.

Titty Meat
Five Guys > Any other fast food hamburger joint

threebag
Hardees Hot Ham n Cheese was always awesome back in the day

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Never been to Carl's, but I've never been much of a fan of Hardee's burgers. I used to like their roast beef sandwich.

I never ate their burgers back in the 70's and 80's. Roast beef and hot Ham & Swiss only.

If they still offered them, I'm sure I'd have one from time to time, if the quality was still high.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2015, 11:24 AM
I only eat at Hardee's basically because I have a lifetime supply of free Thickburgers.

Baby Lee
02-06-2015, 11:25 AM
I only eat at Hardee's basically because I have a lifetime supply of free Thickburgers.

I suddenly know how you can thank me for my choice bleu burger recommendation!!! ;)

Titty Meat
02-06-2015, 11:26 AM

Howd you get that?

Baby Lee
I never ate their burgers back in the 70's and 80's. Roast beef and hot Ham & Swiss only.

If they still offered them, I'm sure I'd have one from time to time, if the quality was still high.

They're not on the official website menu, but Massuh Floppy sez he had one just this week.

mikeyis4dcats.
Howd you get that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PAj7uGPUEQ

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2015, 11:27 AM
I suddenly know how you can thank me for my choice bleu burger recommendation!!! ;)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9PAj7uGPUEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat
02-06-2015, 11:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PAj7uGPUEQ

LMAO thanks!

Fire Me Boy!
02-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Five Guys > Any other fast food hamburger joint

Maybe true... I really like Smashburger, too.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2015, 11:31 AM
my store never has a clue about it when I tell them I have it, so it takes a few minutes but it is never an issue. To be fair, I work about a mile from a Hardees, so anytime I'm in the area I cruise through the lot and check in, so I have probably half of my 30k star points legit. But because they don't understand how it works they often don't "redeem" the free burger before giving my phone back.

Deberg_1990
02-06-2015, 11:52 AM
I haven't eaten at a Wendy's in a year or two. I remember not liking the new fries much.

If I go FF, I usually like Whataburger, Chick Fil A or McDonalds for my kids.

Bugeater
02-06-2015, 12:10 PM
In the BK drive thru waiting on my double Whopper as I type this

Hammock Parties
02-06-2015, 12:12 PM

pics you disgusting fatbody

Titty Meat
02-06-2015, 12:18 PM

Why didn't you hit up Little Kings or Taco Johns?

Bugeater
02-06-2015, 12:24 PM
pics you disgusting fatbody.

Bugeater
02-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Why didn't you hit up Little Kings or Taco Johns?
I just transferred to another property this week and I'm not sure if there's either of those close by. I don't go to Little Kings very often anyway, if I want a deli sandwich I usually go to Schlotsky's.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Looks better than McDonalds at least.

Fire Me Boy!
02-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Looks better than McDonalds at least.

Really? Looks like it was made a week ago.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2015, 01:03 PM
authentic grill marks

Stewie
02-06-2015, 01:18 PM
I haven't eaten at Hardee's in years. In fact, it was way before the merger with Carl's Jr. They used to have a burger called the Big Twin that I really liked. It was seasoned differently than other places and I just liked it better.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4145/4945816389_434ae3e40b_z.jpg

ptlyon
02-06-2015, 01:27 PM
I don't like the burgers at Hardee's since they went with Angus beef. But their mushroom Swiss burgers rock. I'd kill for the mushroom sauce recipe. That makes me still eat them.

TimBone
02-06-2015, 01:44 PM
It's been about a year. Had to do it for you, SR.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/06/26a308a0b8928b34b628dd26a314f79f.jpg

LiveSteam
02-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Little King's changed their bread & IMO ruined the franchisee. Here in Omaha anyways.

Titty Meat
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Little King's changed their bread & IMO ruined the franchisee. Here in Omaha anyways.

We had 1 here that last for a few years. I had Little Kings in Omaha a few times the last time being I road a steam engine up in Nebraska in the 90's.

alanm
02-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Bronco's makes the best grease burger EVER.Man I miss Bronco's I used to hit the one on Levenworth and Saddle Creek all the time.

Pablo
02-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Had a pre-drinking dinner of Wendy's Bacon and Bleu burger.

It was alright. Good for a fast food burger. It will make a nice, solid base for me to pile copious amounts of booze on top of.

Simply Red
02-06-2015, 05:59 PM
It's been about a year. Had to do it for you, SR.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/06/26a308a0b8928b34b628dd26a314f79f.jpg

that's very sweet of you - can you tell us what you thought about it?

TimBone
02-06-2015, 06:33 PM
that's very sweet of you - can you tell us what you thought about it?

My first thought was damn that was expensive for a fast food burger. I guess I don't usually pay attention to how much I pay for things, but since it was the only thing I ordered, the price stuck out. Almost five bucks. I think I'll go Ghetto Mac next time. Shout out to Flop!

As far as the burger itself, it was actually pretty good. Quite the treat. If I were to try eating them every week or two, I'd prbably get tired of it, but not bad for once in a blue moon. Not the greatest, but there are lots of fast food items that I would take it over.

Also, super messy. The dude making mine went a little heavy with the secret sauce gun. I'll never eat one while driving again. That lettuce gets everywhere.