PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Trading Cards

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 09:52 AM
My son has some extra Chiefs trading cards. He has almost 40 to part with and there are no duplicates. Here is the breakdown.
3 Andre Rison
1 Anthony Davis
1 Bam Morris
1 Chester McGlockton
1 Dale Carter
2 Derrick Alexander
2 Derrick Thomas
1 Donnell Bennett
4 Elvis Grbac
1 James Hasty
3 Kimble Anders
1 Lake Dawson
1 Leslie O'Neal
1 Marcus Allen
1 Mark McMillan
1 Pete Stoyanovich
1 Priest Holmes
2 Priest Holmes (Ravens)
1 Rich Gannon
1 Sylvester Morris
1 Sylvester Morris (Rookie Card)
1 Tamarick Vanover
5 Tony Gonzalez
1 Trent Green

He'd like a trade of Chiefs collectibles or apparel or would accept $10. He also has thousands of other cards in case there are other teams you're looking for. Since the Chiefs cards are more valuable, the other cards are cheaper, he says!

Rain Man
07-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Is the Sylvester Morris card the one where he's in a wheelchair, or not in a wheelchair?

Ebolapox
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
he'd be lucky to get even fifty cents for them. ten bucks? run your scam elsewhere.

Rain Man
07-07-2007, 11:09 AM
he'd be lucky to get even fifty cents for them. ten bucks? run your scam elsewhere.

It depends on if it's the Wheelchair Slymo or the Non-Wheelchair Slymo.

Demonpenz
07-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I will give you a quarter for marcus allen

WARPARTY70
07-07-2007, 01:28 PM
What no Len Dawson card!

percysnow
07-07-2007, 01:40 PM
sure its for ur son .. dude r u really that hard up for $10?

The Franchise
07-07-2007, 01:45 PM
How about I buy him a one month membership to Warpaint Illustrated?

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 03:02 PM
sure its for ur son .. dude r u really that hard up for $10?He's 10 years old and a huge Chiefs fan. These are all just duplicate cards of what he already has. He would actually prefer other Chiefs stuff as opposed to just selling them. Why would you dipsh*ts assume it is a scam anyway???

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Is the Sylvester Morris card the one where he's in a wheelchair, or not in a wheelchair? :)

Ebolapox
07-07-2007, 03:09 PM
He's 10 years old and a huge Chiefs fan. These are all just duplicate cards of what he already has. He would actually prefer other Chiefs stuff as opposed to just selling them. Why would you dipsh*ts assume it is a scam anyway???

see, here's why, while it may not be a scam, it's certainly highway robbery for all of these cards to be ten bucks (for the lot)

3 Andre Rison: all common cards unless it's a 1989 score rison: five cents/per
1 Anthony Davis: common card: five cents
1 Bam Morris: common: five cents
1 Chester McGlockton:ditto
1 Dale Carter:ditto
2 Derrick Alexander:ditto
2 Derrick Thomas: out of a chiefs fan, you may get a quarter apiece
1 Donnell Bennett: five cents
4 Elvis Grbac: sh*t, you'd be lucky to get more than a penny apiece
1 James Hasty: five cents
3 Kimble Anders: nickel apiece
1 Lake Dawson: nickel apiece
1 Leslie O'Neal: nickel apiece
1 Marcus Allen: out of a chiefs fan, quarter
1 Mark McMillan: nickel
1 Pete Stoyanovich:nickel
1 Priest Holmes:quarter possibly
2 Priest Holmes (Ravens): depending on the year, maybe rookie card, otherwise, quarter apiece
1 Rich Gannon: nickel
1 Sylvester Morris: nickel
1 Sylvester Morris (Rookie Card): dime
1 Tamarick Vanover: nickel
5 Tony Gonzalez: maybe a dime apiece
1 Trent Green: dime

the issue with cards today is they're basically valueless unless it's an autograph card, jersey card, or rookie card of someone who's done anything worthwhile. people usually don't even pay the prices for 'common cards,' so you'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get even 3.29 for the lot (and that's EXTREMELY generous)

so ten bucks? that's a joke bordering on scamtastic

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 03:10 PM
It depends on if it's the Wheelchair Slymo or the Non-Wheelchair Slymo.
My wife hated football when we got married. Then, slowly but surely, she opened up to it. The first game I ever got her to attend was the game in which Sylester Morris caught three touchdowns. If I remember right, it was against the Chargers. Anyway, I've always felt bad that Morris couldn't come back from his injuries. I thought he was the real deal.

Ebolapox
07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
My wife hated football when we got married. Then, slowly but surely, she opened up to it. The first game I ever got her to attend was the game in which Sylester Morris caught three touchdowns. If I remember right, it was against the Chargers. Anyway, I've always felt bad that Morris couldn't come back from his injuries. I thought he was the real deal.

I was at that game--we were playing the chargers, we were down at the half, and grbitch threw five TD's that day... good game

and real deal? wasn't that june henley?

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 03:16 PM
see, here's why, while it may not be a scam, it's certainly highway robbery for all of these cards to be ten bucks (for the lot)

2 Priest Holmes (Ravens): depending on the year, maybe rookie card, otherwise, quarter apiece

the issue with cards today is they're basically valueless unless it's an autograph card, jersey card, or rookie card of someone who's done anything worthwhile. people usually don't even pay the prices for 'common cards,' so you'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get even 3.29 for the lot (and that's EXTREMELY generous)

So shall I go beat my son for throwing such a ridiculous amount out there? Dude... chill. He asked what he could get for them and I said, "Why not try to trade them? I'll post it on Chiefs Planet because perhaps someone will want to add to their collection." Then he got all excited about the stuff he might be able to trade for and I asked how much he wanted for them in case someone wanted to just buy them. He said $10 so I put it in the post. I don't know what they're worth, but I was hoping that this would be a post he could jump into. However, I guess not since I'd prefer trading Chiefs stuff be a positive experience for him.

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I was at that game--we were playing the chargers, we were down at the half, and grbitch threw five TD's that day... good game

and real deal? wasn't that june henley?That was my first game in the Lower Level as well. Pretty cool game wasn't it?!

pr_capone
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Niiiiice

accuse a 10 year old kid of running a scam that would net him $6.50 more than the cards are worth

The Franchise
07-07-2007, 04:03 PM
So what exactly is he looking for in trade? Anything special he really has his eyes on?

Rain Man
07-07-2007, 04:28 PM
So shall I go beat my son for throwing such a ridiculous amount out there? Dude... chill. He asked what he could get for them and I said, "Why not try to trade them? I'll post it on Chiefs Planet because perhaps someone will want to add to their collection." Then he got all excited about the stuff he might be able to trade for and I asked how much he wanted for them in case someone wanted to just buy them. He said $10 so I put it in the post. I don't know what they're worth, but I was hoping that this would be a post he could jump into. However, I guess not since I'd prefer trading Chiefs stuff be a positive experience for him.

Remember the dude who posted about stealing the laptop? If this kid is scamming us, we're going to go after him. Where do you live? I think I'm going to call the cops. I think they'd be p-r-e-t-t-y interested in talking to a kid who's dealing Bam Morris cards.

unothadeal
07-07-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll give you $10 for the kid.

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 05:17 PM
So what exactly is he looking for in trade? Anything special he really has his eyes on?Anything a Chiefs fan might want, he will consider!

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Remember the dude who posted about stealing the laptop? If this kid is scamming us, we're going to go after him. Where do you live? I think I'm going to call the cops. I think they'd be p-r-e-t-t-y interested in talking to a kid who's dealing Bam Morris cards.You're taking this way too seriously. I mean come on, if you had an extra Ryan Sims card you'd sell it. If you say you wouldn't, you're lying. Besides, if someone is just going to hangout here on the Planet with nothing better to do then they deserve to buy them! Go ahead and call the cops. I don't know what the big deal is.
-fightclub err... 10 year old boy's father

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Rep I got from H5N1...
"yeah, we're the dipshits trying to pass on cards for three-four times what they're worth."
Seriously dude, he's 10 and really just wanted to trade for some other Chiefs stuff. WTF is wrong with you?

Demonpenz
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't care if he is 10 15 or 25. It is never right to scam such large % of what he is trying to sell.

FRCDFED
07-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't care if he is 10 15 or 25. It is never right to scam such large % of what he is trying to sell.What ever happened to someone just saying thanks but no thanks? I think the heat is getting to some folks around here.

I will just politely say "no thanks" and move on!

KCChiefsMan
07-07-2007, 06:22 PM
well since you have Elvis Grbac cards in there, I'll take it!.......NOT

lol

beach tribe
07-07-2007, 07:22 PM
love seeing the name mark mcmillan reminds me of the interception against the 9ers when DT crushes kevin gogan and mighty mouse flies into the endzone(97?)

CoMoChief
07-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Is it a special Bam Morris jail hologram card? I heard those are worth alot.

Ebolapox
07-07-2007, 09:40 PM
hey, I'm ten years old and have a sh*tty 1990 pontiac lemans.... I'll sell it to ya for fifty gajillion dollars

:spock:

pr_capone
07-07-2007, 10:44 PM
hey, I'm ten years old and have a sh*tty 1990 pontiac lemans.... I'll sell it to ya for fifty gajillion dollars

:spock:

GREAT ANALOGY!!!!!!!!

Yeah... because that is exactly what he asked for the cards.

I bet you had a GREAT concept of money and the value of things when you were 10 years old.

He is a fuggin kid for christs sake! Cut him some slack, eh?

I am surprised to see you being a troll about this. :shake:

Demonpenz
07-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I guess I am just old school. I remember washing cars to make money when I was younger. I guess hustling is easier.

The Franchise
07-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Anything a Chiefs fan might want, he will consider!

So if I promise him a Super Bowl victory....I get the cards? lol

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-08-2007, 12:29 PM
So if I promise him a Super Bowl victory....I get the cards? lol
Are you trying to scam us??? Just kidding, but I don't know if that would fly with him... unless you have the power to make it come true of course!

percysnow
07-08-2007, 01:34 PM
if u were a good dad u would tell ur son u sold them for $20 bucks and give ur son ur money. . instead of coming on here like a begger. . .

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Why would you dipsh*ts assume it is a scam anyway???

The answer can be found within your question, Grasshopper.

pr_capone
07-08-2007, 01:46 PM

LMFAO

rep

pr_capone
07-08-2007, 01:47 PM
if u were a good dad u would tell ur son u sold them for $20 bucks and give ur son ur money. . instead of coming on here like a begger. . .

WTF?!?!?!

Nice.... question the parenting skills.

STFU n00b

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Is it too outrageous to assume that I really have a 10 year old son who had some extra trading cards he wanted to part with?
To me a scam is when you mislead about the content or value of an item. In this situation we told you exactly what he had, that he'd prefer to trade for other Chiefs stuff, or sell for cash. I asked him this morning why he said $10 (I did not tell him why I was asking) and he said, "because that's probably how much of my allowance I'd spend if I didn't already have them."
Rest assured this little boy has no other intentions other than to have fun with his hobby and be a Chiefs fan here, and neither does his father. Neither him nor I knew at the time if $10 was under or over priced. If one of the cards was worth $15 or something would you be citing what losers we are for selling them so cheap? Besides, are you seriously telling me that you've never paid a few more dollars for something than what it was worth; just because you wanted it? I know I have, especially when it comes to the Chiefs! I don't know why I don't just let this die, but I find it sad that someone gets attacked and called a scam artist for something so extremely innocent. It makes me wonder if there are so many dishonest people out there that we should all just be more guarded, or if the ones calling it a scam are actually the true scam artists so they just assume everyone else is as well.

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Is it too outrageous to assume that I really have a 10 year old son who had some extra trading cards he wanted to part with?
To me a scam is when you mislead about the content or value of an item. In this situation we told you exactly what he had, that he'd prefer to trade for other Chiefs stuff, or sell for cash. I asked him this morning why he said $10 (I did not tell him why I was asking) and he said, "because that's probably how much of my allowance I'd spend if I didn't already have them."
Rest assured this little boy has no other intentions other than to have fun with his hobby and be a Chiefs fan here, and neither does his father. Neither him nor I knew at the time if $10 was under or over priced. If one of the cards was worth $15 or something would you be citing what losers we are for selling them so cheap? Besides, are you seriously telling me that you've never paid a few more dollars for something than what it was worth; just because you wanted it? I know I have, especially when it comes to the Chiefs! I don't know why I don't just let this die, but I find it sad that someone gets attacked and called a scam artist for something so extremely innocent. It makes me wonder if there are so many dishonest people out there that we should all just be more guarded, or if the ones calling it a scam are actually the true scam artists so they just assume everyone else is as well.

Your anger closes your eyes, and you cannot see the words that are clear to other men, Grasshopper.

(I think they're being dipsh*ts, too.)

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Your anger closes your eyes, and you cannot see the words that are clear to other men, Grasshopper.

(I think they're being dipsh*ts, too.)
Sorry, I didn't mean to quote your post. I just meant to reply to the thread.

luv
07-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Wow. You guys are harsh. If you're interested, truly interested, make an offer. True, he should tell his son that $10 is probably a little high, but that's on him. I don't see the scam in it though. It's like having a garage sale and overpricing stuff. People will talk you down.

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow. You guys are harsh. If you're interested, truly interested, make an offer. True, he should tell his son that $10 is probably a little high, but that's on him. I don't see the scam in it though. It's like having a garage sale and overpricing stuff. People will talk you down.
I honestly didn't know it was too much. He's been wanting to subscribe to one of the websites that give prices but I haven't let him yet. Honestly, if I wanted some Chiefs item that was probably worth $1.00 but was priced at $5.00, I'd give it if I wanted it bad enough. I'm normally a very good father but I sure blew this one thinking this could be a positive experience for my young Chiefs fan.

Rain Man
07-08-2007, 03:44 PM

If someone tries to talk me down, I have them arrested for trespassing. My prices are final.

Direckshun
07-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I love it when some dipshit on this board incorporates his children into a thread.

The Planet never disappoints.

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-08-2007, 05:46 PM
I love it when some dipshit on this board incorporates his children into a thread.

The Planet never disappoints.
I didn't incorporate him into the thread. He was the thread.

percysnow
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
ur pathetic selling ur sons football cards so u can buy some crack rocks. . .pathetic

Nelson Muntz
07-09-2007, 04:25 AM
You're taking this way too seriously. I mean come on, if you had an extra Ryan Sims card you'd sell it. If you say you wouldn't, you're lying. Besides, if someone is just going to hangout here on the Planet with nothing better to do then they deserve to buy them! Go ahead and call the cops. I don't know what the big deal is.
-fightclub err... 10 year old boy's father

If I had an extra Ryan Sims card, I'd either stick it in the spokes of my bycycle (if I ever get one again), or use it as toilet paper. I'd prefer not to go through the embarassment of trying to sell a Ryan Sims card. ROFL

MeaTy The Pimp
07-09-2007, 04:40 AM
What no Len Dawson card!
While on vacation in Daytona last year, my girlfriend and I found a small card shop/booth in a flea market where I picked up an autographed Len Dawson card. I also picked up an autographed Derrick Johnson Rookie card. That was a good day.

El Jefe
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I have a bunch of sweet jersey cards of Chiefs players. One card that was interesting was a Willie Roaf Autographed, Jersey card from 05 Pro Bowl it was pretty neat.Last year I paid some guy $1 buck for a autographed Jeff Webb rookie card. I dont collect cards anymore, I havent bought a pack in a long time, its not worth it unless you get a very rare card. Sometimes when Im in the mall if I see a neat chiefs card I'll buy it but thats it. Not worth the money. My dad has a Hank Aaron that is worth $800, he has a Mickey Mantle worht $1,000.