PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

Redrum_69
07-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Have you ever driven off without paying for gas by accident?

What was the consequence?

Buehler445
07-10-2007, 08:17 AM
No, I typically pay with my CC. When I don't I'm freaking scared of the fine for theft. A lot of places have license plate cameras now. Did you do it?

Fish
07-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I did.... but I went back and paid...

Clerk said he never even noticed.... could have gotten away with it...

DMAC
07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I think that is impossible now. You always have to prepay here.

Saulbadguy
07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Almost. I put my credit card in, everything seemed good, but when I left the lady ran out and said I didn't pay. I went back in and paid with my credit card, and never used that station again. She was bitching at me when her card machine didn't work - so I figured they didn't need my business anymore.

Mile High Mania
07-10-2007, 08:28 AM
I did once about 10 years ago ... total accident and I didn't realize it until I was about an hour away. No, I did not circle back... so, there's likely an arrest warrant out for me in podunk east Texas.

kepp
07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Almost. I put my credit card in, everything seemed good, but when I left the lady ran out and said I didn't pay. I went back in and paid with my credit card, and never used that station again. She was bitching at me when her card machine didn't work - so I figured they didn't need my business anymore.
Stuff like that boggles my mind...when you TRY to give a business $$ and they hassle you. I had that happen last week in trying to complete a transaction for my job. We want to give this guy's company more business but he acts like its the end of the world when he has to do any work for us.

Oh...I have never driven off w/o paying for my gas either.

kepp
07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I did once about 10 years ago ... total accident and I didn't realize it until I was about an hour away. No, I did not circle back... so, there's likely an arrest warrant out for me in podunk east Texas.
Are you totally bummed that you can never go there again?

KC Jones
07-10-2007, 08:32 AM
I once drove off with the nozzle still in my car... oops.

Redrum_69
07-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I once drove off with the nozzle still in my car... oops.

ROFL

Baby Lee
07-10-2007, 08:40 AM
I think I've related this little ditty here before, but;

My parents were returning from visiting me, when they got waylaid by state patrol for a couple of hours for supposedly running off without paying for gas.
It was late-ish [10-11 pm], and what happened was, they stopped at a Caseys to fill up. They tried and tried to get the pump to accept their card but it wouldn't, and they didn't see anyone in the station itself, so they went on to the next station.
Turns out, the attendant;
1. was in the back room,
2. forgot to reset the machine after the last purchase.

So he comes out, sees my parents driving off, and saw the switchboard [or whatever they use to monitor the pumps] registering an outstanding amount. Boom!! Call the cops.

State Patrol catch up with my parents as they're leaving the next station. Said they were accused of stealing some 20 gallons of gas. Parents showed them the receipt, thinking it was from where they just bought gas. When he said the charges weren't coming from there, they asked 'well where were we supposed to have put this OTHER 20 gallons? We just filled our tank."

Long story short, don't know for sure, but from the profuse apology of the Casey's manager, we have a sneaking suspicion a gas station attendant lost his job.

sedated
07-10-2007, 08:43 AM
by accident?

no

Mile High Mania
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Are you totally bummed that you can never go there again?

I don't even recall the name of the town...

El Jefe
07-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Down in North Carolina, when we were kids my dad drove off with the nozzle still in the car and ripped it off the pup LOL. The attendant came out said it was ok so he left it on the ground and left. I worked at a gas station a few years ago when I was in High School. we live in a smaller town probably 15k people. People dont realize that a lot of small town Gas Stations dont have cameras, we didnt and when someone ran off with gas they took it out of your check, its hard to watch and get the liscence plate of all 200 cars that get gas while you are working lol (especially when your working alone). One time I was working with this girl and some truck filled up and I told her to watch the truck, and she said oh its my friend he will pay. Well 28 gallons later he didnt pay and she didnt get the liscence plate and it wasnt "her friend". So we both got 35 bucks taken out of our paychecks and thats a lot when your only making 5.85 an hour.

kepp
07-10-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't even recall the name of the town...
Hence the sarcasm.

I actually broke down in Amarillo while driving from K.C. to L.A. Not too much there except a good TexMex restaurant.

Simply Red
07-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Yep, here as well...

But no, I never have made that mistake.

KC Kings
07-10-2007, 09:13 AM
I used to gas and go from the ghetto Quick Trip on Longview and Blue Ridge back when I was in high school. I would do it before school and jump on the back roads and quickly go to school and park.

KC Kings
07-10-2007, 09:16 AM

You are supposed to pay but some clerks let you go ahead. The gas station on Highgrove close to Raytown Rd. will let you fill up without prepaying, but only if you are white.

Hopefully they won't read my last post and decide to change their pre-pay by race policy.

DJay23
07-10-2007, 09:32 AM
In PA, there are little stickers on the pumps with a picture of a menacing looking Statey pointing at you, telling you not to steal gas. There is a pretty big fine and I think you get your license suspended if you steal gas. never really paid attention to the consequences, the big mean State Trooper scares me enough.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-10-2007, 09:38 AM
to close to the donut shop

Rooster
07-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I did by accident many years ago. I went back and paid them within ten minutes or so. If something like that happens now you will be shot by a state trooper I think.