PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live: Starting with the Chiefs

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2007, 02:05 AM
According to Clayton, LJ will hold out and Huard will start in his absence because Croyle isn't ready to carry the team.

Is this only showing on the West Coast?

noa
07-11-2007, 02:22 AM
I saw that earlier. He's right about the rationale for starting Huard if LJ holds out. You don't want to start Croyle's career off by giving him Michael Bennett as his rushing attack. He'll be fed to the lions.

CoMoChief
07-11-2007, 02:24 AM
According to Clayton, LJ will hold out and Huard will start in his absence because Croyle isn't ready to carry the team.

Is this only showing on the West Coast?

Carl will be forced to pay LJ. Croyle isn't ready to carry the team or even keep them in games IMO. The guys is a rookie QB playing in the tougest division defensively in the NFL.

percysnow
07-11-2007, 08:07 AM
damn this is gonna fluck up our season. . .

Chiefs Pantalones
07-11-2007, 08:23 AM
damn this is gonna fluck up our season. . .

dude, it's really nothing to worry about. Really, we aren't going to win many games with Huard or Croyle. This is a building year, IMO. It's going to be exciting to see this team grow.

StcChief
07-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Rebuilding year.... Season ticket sales drop much?

if not Carl is covered to handle LJ

percysnow
07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
not too exciting to see ur teams best/most exciting player holding out. .

El Jefe
07-11-2007, 09:29 AM
not too exciting to see ur teams best/most exciting player holding out. .

Agreed

DenverChief
07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
The guys is a rookie QB playing in the tougest division defensively in the NFL.

So was
Jay Cutler
Phillip Rivers

And Jamarcus Russell will be

At some point you have to start these guys to figure out if they are good or not otherwise you continue to use retread QB's that have got us nowhere save Joe Montana

sedated
07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
So was
Jay Cutler
Phillip Rivers

they had good O-Lines

Micjones
07-11-2007, 10:19 AM
King Carl will pay Johnson.

bkkcoh
07-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Phillip Rivers is a 4 year pro. Meaning he wasn't a rookie last year. He was only a 1st year starter.

kcchiefsus
07-11-2007, 11:13 AM
they had good O-Lines

And we don't? Our line isn't an all star line anymore but it is far from bad.

Hell, Denver didn't have a good line when Cutler came in. Lepsis was out for the year and they were starting Adam Pears at left tackle. Watch the Denver vs. San Fransisco game on NFL Network. Cutler was getting laid out on almost every play because his line could not protect him.

kcchiefsus
07-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Phillip Rivers is a 4 year pro. Meaning he wasn't a rookie last year. He was only a 1st year starter.

And Croyle is a 2 year pro, meaning he isn't a rookie this year. He is only a 1st year starter.

morphius
07-11-2007, 11:21 AM
dude, it's really nothing to worry about. Really, we aren't going to win many games with Huard or Croyle. This is a building year, IMO. It's going to be exciting to see this team grow.
"exciting" is an interesting choice of words.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-11-2007, 11:29 AM
A third round pick, in his second season. Expected to start the season, with no real NFL experience. When was the last time anything remotely close to that happened

bkkcoh
07-11-2007, 11:34 AM
And Croyle is a 2 year pro, meaning he isn't a rookie this year. He is only a 1st year starter.

But that also means that Croyle hasn't had the chance to go through 3 training camps to absorb the offense. Rivers had a little bit easier transition since he was able to understand the offense prior to being put in as starter.

Wouldn't you think that would be true?

Priest4Prez
07-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Bring back the priest!

kcchiefsus
07-11-2007, 11:52 AM
But that also means that Croyle hasn't had the chance to go through 3 training camps to absorb the offense. Rivers had a little bit easier transition since he was able to understand the offense prior to being put in as starter.

Wouldn't you think that would be true?

So Rivers had the advantage of 3 training camps opposed to Croyle's 2 training camps. Not that big of a difference. Croyle might have a little rougher of a transition but it has to happen sometime. If we wait until 2008 to start him then we are still going to have the questions of him being unproven.

kcchiefsus
07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
A third round pick, in his second season. Expected to start the season, with no real NFL experience. When was the last time anything remotely close to that happened

Tom Brady, a 6th round pick, with no prior NFL experience, in his 2nd season led his team to the super bowl.

Priest4Prez
07-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Brady filled in for a veteran QB after they made the playoffs though. Aslo, the PATS had an unbelievable d

Wile_E_Coyote
07-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Tom Brady, a 6th round pick, with no prior NFL experience, in his 2nd season led his team to the super bowl.

They had to play Brady. We're talking about starting a season, with a 3rd round QB. With less than a quater of NFL experience, in just his second season

bkkcoh
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
So Rivers had the advantage of 3 training camps opposed to Croyle's 2 training camps. Not that big of a difference. Croyle might have a little rougher of a transition but it has to happen sometime. If we wait until 2008 to start him then we are still going to have the questions of him being unproven.

It would also make a huge difference because of the quality of the defense. Rivers wasn't really asked to win the games, he had LT and the defense to help. KC has LJ and a vastly improved defense from a few years ago, but not quite to the level of the SD Defense....

And yes, I think an extra TC can make a huge difference.

DaneMcCloud
07-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Brady filled in for a veteran QB after they made the playoffs though. Aslo, the PATS had an unbelievable d

That is incorrect. Brady played in 15 games in 2001, starting 14 of those games. In 2000, he only had 3 attempts all season.

Croyle may have a great 2007 season statistically but he'll definitely need LJ for all 16 games to have any chance of leading the Chiefs to a winning season and the playoffs.

Chiefnj
07-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Kyle Orton.

Eleazar
07-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Kyle Orton.

Are we playing "Name the crappiest QB you can think of"? I want to try!

Stoney Case?

Priest4Prez
07-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Trent green in 2007?

RealSNR
07-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Phillip Rivers is a 4 year pro. Meaning he wasn't a rookie last year. He was only a 1st year starter.Rivers had the same amount of time.

Started last year, sat on the bench the year before that when Brees was at QB. That was his rookie season.

Rivers will only be going into his 3rd season. This will be Croyle's 2nd.

chagrin
07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Can someone link up his injury history please?

Bowser
07-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Are we playing "Name the crappiest QB you can think of"? I want to try!

Stoney Case?

I'll see your Stoney Case and raise you a Craig Whelihan.

bkkcoh
07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Rivers had the same amount of time.

Started last year, sat on the bench the year before that when Brees was at QB. That was his rookie season.

Rivers will only be going into his 3rd season. This will be Croyle's 2nd.
Link from NFL.com (http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/philip-rivers.htm)

Must be bad information from the web site then... Traded in 2004.

:banghead:

OctoberFart
07-11-2007, 04:26 PM
LJ holds out KC will be lucky to win 5 games.

orange
07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Link from NFL.com (http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/philip-rivers.htm)

Must be bad information from the web site then... Traded in 2004.

:banghead:

Why are you banging your head? You should be spanking SNR. The CHARGERS own website has the correct info.

Maybe this is the smiley you were looking for: :p

TRR
07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't see LJ holding out. If he was only 24, it would be a different story. He is going to turn 28 by next season. Meaning only two more years left until the slide.

HolmeZz
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
LJ holds out KC will be lucky to win 5 games.

Oakland hasn't won more than that since 2002.

Two thousand and f*cking two. ROFL

OctoberFart
07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Oakland hasn't won more than that since 2002.

Two thousand and f*cking two. ROFL

What does that have to do with LJ holding out will cause the queefs to suck worse than they already will. I know Oakland is terrible and one of the worst teams in the league since their SB appearence but don't deflect on how bad KC would suck if LJ holds out.

chiefbowe82
07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't see how this team is any worse than last year. They had a superb offseason imo.

Thig Lyfe
07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Why do we take any stock in what these people say? I heard we're close to signing Hugh Douglas.

milkman
07-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't see how this team is any worse than last year. They had a superb offseason imo.

"Worse" is relative.

This team might not win as many games as last year because of all the young guys.

They might win the same number of games, but miss the playoffs.

Either way, this team is finally building for a change.

In my book, that makes them better.

chiefsfan1963
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I will be pretty excited to see the Chiefs truly play only young players this year. Winning 5 games or less won't be problem given the number of draft choice we'll have next year. If we win only 5 games then we will have one of the highest draft choices since we drafted DT. That would be simply marvelous!!!!!!!

Right now I am on the fence about LJ. Part of me would like to see us get rid of him now for more draft choices (1st and 3rd) and possible above average OL player.

I'm keen on seeing the young rookie rb, Kolby Smith play with Bennett taking most of the reps.

As you can see I could care less about our W-L record this year. I'm more interested in building a solid team with a good attitude throughout the roster.

BWillie
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Why is everybody scared of LJ holding out? He's not going to hold out ten games. Do you know how much money he would be throwing away? If we don't pay him by August 15th, we can't pay him if he holds out anyway. NFL rules and guidelines. I say the max he holds out is 4 games just to show he means business. LJ does not hold leverage, he really doesn't. We are in basically a year that is rebuilding. Face it, we have NO SHOT to win the Super Bowl this year. So what does it matter if we don't have LJ for a few games anyways. He's going to get paid in 2009 regardless if he is a Chief or not, we can always franchise tag him , and he'll be paid within the top 5 RB's at his position. After that he'll sign a big contract with the Giants or something.

RealSNR
07-12-2007, 12:25 AM
What does that have to do with LJ holding out will cause the queefs to suck worse than they already will. I know Oakland is terrible and one of the worst teams in the league since their SB appearence but don't deflect on how bad KC would suck if LJ holds out.If he did, we'd still have Tony Gonzalez. That alone is more offensive firepower than what you guys will have this season.

We still have the edge on offense. The defenses are both pushes. Therefore, we are still a better team than the Raiders even without LJ.

JohnnyV13
07-12-2007, 03:05 AM

In 1981 a down and out team started a 2nd year qb who was a former 3rd round pick from Notre Dame. They had tolerable results. Joe Montana led the SF 49ers to a Super Bowl win.

tiptap
07-12-2007, 07:14 AM
With all the carries in last year's season, I am happy to see LJ hold out for the preseason. I am glad he will take this opportunity to rest his body and secure a deal he will be happy with. He will be the focus of the offense and he will be driven to win a SB because he has never in his career had that. And there will be a contract a week or so before the season.

bkkcoh
07-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Why are you banging your head? You should be spanking SNR. The CHARGERS own website has the correct info.

Maybe this is the smiley you were looking for: :p

Yeah, good question. I just love putting the wrong freakin' smiley in there....

:cuss: :hmmm: :harumph: :p

chiefsfan1963
07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Why is everybody scared of LJ holding out? He's not going to hold out ten games. Do you know how much money he would be throwing away? If we don't pay him by August 15th, we can't pay him if he holds out anyway. NFL rules and guidelines. I say the max he holds out is 4 games just to show he means business. LJ does not hold leverage, he really doesn't. We are in basically a year that is rebuilding. Face it, we have NO SHOT to win the Super Bowl this year. So what does it matter if we don't have LJ for a few games anyways. He's going to get paid in 2009 regardless if he is a Chief or not, we can always franchise tag him , and he'll be paid within the top 5 RB's at his position. After that he'll sign a big contract with the Giants or something.

good point.