PDA

View Full Version : Potter - Order Of The Phoenix - Just saw it tonight....

pr_capone
07-11-2007, 02:23 AM
FOOKIN AWESOME!

VERY well done story and it was missing only one major part of the book. Graphics were amazing and the acting was incredible. It is by far the *BEST* movie I have seen so far this year.

I won't give anything away though other than to say that it is a must see.

CoMoChief
07-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Man...it's just too bad that everything about the Harry Potter series sucks. Otherwise I would give a shit about this thread.

Don't take it personally. I'm just really drunk....(again).

Valiant
07-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Really I thought it was not good at all.. Never read the books, but it does not compare to any of the other movies in terms of action or flow..

I hear the next one is suppose to be a lot more entertaining...

noa
07-11-2007, 02:36 AM
First I LOLed
Then I QQed
It was a

QuikSsurfer
07-11-2007, 03:12 AM
lol graphics? are we talking about the video game?
Special Effects

Delano
07-11-2007, 08:08 AM
What was left out?

Demonpenz
07-11-2007, 08:10 AM
i thrown out of the last one for massaging my penis to that hot girl

Amnorix
07-11-2007, 08:25 AM
The book was a cumbersome mess. I'm a complete bookworm, so I didn't mind all the background and extraneous information, but frankly that book would've been better in many ways at 500 pages, rather than the 900 page monstrosity that it was.

I expect the movie to be very good as they can focus on the key parts and leave the extraneous stuff on the cutting room floor.

Book 6 was a much better book. Not sure that it will be a better movie, however, especially for non-hardcore fans.

Saulbadguy
07-11-2007, 08:26 AM
The book was a cumbersome mess. I'm a complete bookworm, so I didn't mind all the background and extraneous information, but frankly that book would've been better in many ways at 500 pages, rather than the 900 page monstrosity that it was.

I expect the movie to be very good as they can focus on the key parts and leave the extraneous stuff on the cutting room floor.

Book 6 was a much better book. Not sure that it will be a better movie, however, especially for non-hardcore fans.
Yeah - the 5th book was way too long. Plus Harry was a whiny bitch the entire time.

Redrum_69
07-11-2007, 08:27 AM
The part where Harry dies in the final book is one of the best parts in the whole series.

The other part being where Hermione dies as well.

Katie
07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
The part where Harry dies in the final book is one of the best parts in the whole series.

The other part being where Hermione dies as well.

Are you kidding? I thought the final book wasn't out yet.

Delano
07-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Are you kidding? I thought the final book wasn't out yet.

Yes he is kidding.. he has no clue

His act in this matter is tired and repost-ish considering the coolinternetdoods announcing/spoiling Dumbledore's 'death' last time around.

Redrum_69
07-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Yes he is kidding.. he has no clue

His act in this matter is tired and repost-ish considering the coolinternetdoods announcing/spoiling Dumbledore's 'death' last time around.

The hell it is.

You just wait, you heard it here first.

Dont come crying to me about how she ended the Potter series...all good things come to an end.

Deberg_1990
07-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Never seen one minute of any Potter movie nor read one word of a Potter book. IM proud to say.

Mr Luzcious
07-11-2007, 08:54 AM
The hell it is.

You just wait, you heard it here first.

Dont come crying to me about how she ended the Potter series...all good things come to an end.

The word good is used very loosely here.

Amnorix
07-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Never seen one minute of any Potter movie nor read one word of a Potter book. IM proud to say.

So Flash Gordon is cool enough to be your avatar, but Harry is gay?

it's all make-believe and in the spirit of entertainment. To each his own.

Sure-Oz
07-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I will likely see it sunday afternoon, i went ahead and watched The goblet of fire to refresh me last weekend. This would be my first Harry Potter movie that ive seen in theaters.

Deberg_1990
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
So Flash Gordon is cool enough to be your avatar, but Harry is gay?

it's all make-believe and in the spirit of entertainment. To each his own.

No, No No........i meant to just say i dont just blindly follow along with the pop culture "cool" of the moment.

maybe someday ill watch these films, but right now, i could care less....

Logical
07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Are you kidding? I thought the final book wasn't out yet.LOL it is not, perhaps you are not aquainted with Redrum.

Redrum_69
07-11-2007, 09:03 AM
LOL it is not, perhaps you are not aquainted with Redrum.

To the general public its not available

BUT...if you have the right connections...you can get things that most people cannot.

El Jefe
07-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Man...it's just too bad that everything about the Harry Potter series sucks. Otherwise I would give a shit about this thread.

ROFL ROFL

RealSNR
07-11-2007, 09:33 AM
No, No No........i meant to just say i dont just blindly follow along with the pop culture "cool" of the moment.

maybe someday ill watch these films, but right now, i could care less....Same thing happened to me when the LOTR movies came out. I had not yet read the books, and I didn't want to be labeled as one of those losers who started reading the books just so I could have something to compare the movies to when I saw them.

Last month, I finally watched all three of the movies. Still haven't read the books. I kind of feel guilty, like I let Tolkein down. I'm a very devoted reader, so this leaves me feeling empty. On the other hand, what choice did I have? Let the movies dictate what I read and when? I definitely was not about to do that.

In the end that kind of psychological block is nothing more than an annoyance. I'm aware of the Potter hype, but WTF do I care? I've been loyal to the series for awhile now and don't plan on stopping now with just one book to go. I'm going to grab my copy at midnight and hide myself for a few days to make sure none of this "Dumbledore dies! LOL!" bullshit happens again. It's pointless to worry about pop culture if it's something good, which is more than I can say for pop culture TV and music.

RealSNR
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM

The other part being where Hermione dies as well.I think I've seen a different ending from you every time you make one of these posts.

That's really funny. Keep up the good work. :shake:

Redrum_69
07-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I think I've seen a different ending from you every time you make one of these posts.

That's really funny. Keep up the good work. :shake:

Harry Potter is like your mom...adored by fans worldwide she attracts all ages, when you open her up you cant put the bitch down until you have covered every nook and cranny, she'll give you years of enjoyment with new chapters of her life shared every few years, and in the finale you'll realize that you'll never have your innocence back that you wasted on her long ago.

jynni
07-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Saw it last night and thought it was the worst in the series. I've never been that bored in a HP movie. I know they had a new screenwriter for this one and dear god, he sucks. I hope they get Kloves back for the next two movies.

The book was a a cumbersome mess and I remember thinking when I read it that there was no way they'd be able to make it into a decent movie.

I hate being right sometimes.

It was like whoever wrote the screenplay, flipped through the book, extracted random sections haphazardly strung them together. There was no flow or through line in the plot at all.

Plus the CGI was terrible.

That said, the new cast additions were all great. Umbridge wasn't quite as evil as I would've liked but Staunton did a decent job. Helena Bohnam Carter and the actress playing Luna were both excellent. Great casting there.

I also thought Dan did an outstanding job as Harry this time around.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I really enjoy all these movies with my daughter and I didn't expect to before ever seeing any. They're all pretty well done to me. Certainly better than most movies with "sequels."

And it's fun watching Emily Watson (Hermoine) grow up and get hot.

listopencil
07-11-2007, 02:40 PM
The series of books has been great for my sometime-bookworm, soon-to-be-12 year old daughter. I rent them for my kids and have found them to be reasonably enjoyable. I'll rent his one when it comes out on video.

RealSNR
07-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Saw it tonight. Actually, I thought this was definitely the best movie of the five produced so far. Acting was just a notch above what it has been in the past. There were tons of great moments that were well-orchestrated that really had me going even though I knew the story well.

The only flaws that I saw were linking them together and leaving out quite a bit of the story... which at 800-some odd pages is impossible not to. The stuff they did have in the movie touched on all of the important points that the 5th book serves in the series. Oh, and the music score. The guy they got to do the 4th movie was pretty damned good after John Williams stopped. I don't know if this was the same guy or not, but good lord. I felt like Christopher Walken for several parts going, "I've got a fever... for more xylophone!" I couldn't tell if Harry was in England or the Old West during a gun battle with Billy The Kid. Aaron Copland must have come back from the dead, because his fingerprints are all over this horrific movie score.

But besides that, well done. Well-made movie. I'm not going to go ticky-tack over this one. It was entertaining as hell, end of story. Loved it.

Silock
07-12-2007, 05:45 AM

maybe someday ill watch these films, but right now, i could care less....

I don't think "pop-culture cool" is the right word to describe good works of literature. Maybe the movies, but if you haven't read the books, you don't understand how very well-written they are.

I laugh at people who think it's somehow "cool" to be anti-trendy or to pretend they're not interested in things that might make them seem like a dork.

I'm a Harry Potter fan. I don't give a **** who knows. That's certainly not the most embarrassing of my interests.

Pushead2
07-12-2007, 05:58 AM
The unreleased book called:Harry Potter and the Odorious Snatch, was going to be alittle too much so they pulled it.

InChiefsHeaven
07-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I liked it, but it did drive home the point that the longer the book series goes, the less the movies will be able to follow it. They left a ton out of this movie, mostly out of necessity, but they are definately giving the bare minimum. For those who have not read the books but dig the movies, I urge you to read the books. You are missing out on a ton of stuff.

...I can't even imagine how they are going to pull off book 6.

Book 5 I thought was great. Not too long at all, covered a lot of ground. I agree with the Harry was a whiney bitch comment though. That did bug me when I read it, but it was sort of fitting for the story so I let it slide.

Saulbadguy
07-12-2007, 08:08 AM
i dont just blindly follow along with the pop culture "cool" of the moment.

HAHAHAHA

You watch every stupid ****ing TV show known to man, and you rip on Harry Potter fans because we "blindly follow along"?

Saulbadguy
07-12-2007, 08:09 AM
And it's fun watching Emily Watson (Hermoine) grow up and get hot.
Yeah..er..."grow up and get hot..." :drool:

HonestChieffan
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Whats better than a critic who has never read the books, no idea what the entire thing is about and then bashes the masses who have enjoyed this series of books so much.

Freaking illiterate moron

Mile High Mania
07-12-2007, 09:48 AM
This bit is "old and tired" ... but they always crack me up.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9D0veHTxh0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9D0veHTxh0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

InChiefsHeaven
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Here's a great one for all the Hermione fans out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYexLnBtZ7k&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYexLnBtZ7k&mode=related&search=

melbar
07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
didnt think I would like them either, then I was bored and picked up OOTP and flew through the 900 plus pages in just a couple of weeks. HBP is a really good read. Lots of mysteries yet to be solved. No, its not going to solve world hunger, but it is entertaining.

Logical
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Saw it today and it is definitely worth the price of admission. That being said it is not nearly as interesting and as well done as Book 5, but it is better than the 4th movie IMO.

Hammock Parties
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Mediocre.