PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa boxer on TV tonight

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Tulsa's own Allan Green, a Super Middleweight, fights on ESPN2 at 8 PM CST tonight. He has really impressed me even though he lost his last fight.

Mr. Plow
07-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Repost.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Repost.
I'm innocent. The server did it.

Mr. Plow
07-13-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm innocent. The server did it.

This is going to be a rough night I think. Friday the 13th....server issues.....

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 06:37 PM
This is going to be a rough night I think. Friday the 13th....server issues.....
Is there going to be a full moon?

Mr. Plow
07-13-2007, 06:41 PM
If I can make it to the strip club.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Any boxing fans on here tonight? Five more minutes.

Mr. Plow
07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I've watched a few fights, but I definitely wouldn't consider myself a fan. I'll watch it if I come across it.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Anybody remember Boom Boom Mancini? He's in the studio tonight. Closest thing to a kamikaze boxing has ever seen. The guy had no defense at all. He just went in swinging.

Mr. Plow
07-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Is this the Skip Towne/Mr. Plow boxing thread?

HemiEd
07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
:ZZZ:

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 08:03 PM
:ZZZ:
When was the last time a nationally televised fight was held in Wichita? Oh, hey, the PGA Championship is going to be in Tulsa next month. Televised worldwide. Herzig and his friends are coming from Arkansas for the Wednesday practice round. You are welcome to join us.

Mr. Plow
07-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm coming down on Friday night after work and will be there for Saturday/Sunday rounds. I'm looking forward to a little bit of time away from the kids.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm coming down on Friday night after work and will be there for Saturday/Sunday rounds. I'm looking forward to a little bit of time away from the kids.
Where are you coming from? The paper said the PGA will bring 200,000 visitors to Tulsa over the course of the tournament.

Mr. Plow
07-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Hutchinson, KS. We got some rinky dink hotel not to far from the course, but they would only let us book for a minimum of 2 days.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Hutchinson, KS. We got some rinky dink hotel not to far from the course, but they would only let us book for a minimum of 2 days.
Hutchinson huh? You guys have a pretty fair golf course. Better than anything Wichita has.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 08:26 PM
There's still time. The main event hasn't started yet. Probably in about ten minutes.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 08:31 PM
That didn't take long. Green by TKO midway through the first round.

HemiEd
07-13-2007, 08:41 PM
When was the last time a nationally televised fight was held in Wichita? Oh, hey, the PGA Championship is going to be in Tulsa next month. Televised worldwide. Herzig and his friends are coming from Arkansas for the Wednesday practice round. You are welcome to join us.

I gave up giving a shit about boxing after waiting in line for two hours for the Leonard/Duran "no mass" fight, didn't even last a full round. Haven't watched a fight since. Enjoy.

As to the other part of your post, I answered it right here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165124/) , post 62, last time you asked it.

I hope you enjoy the golf, all of you. I will catch what I can of it on TV. The summers are short up here.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I gave up giving a shit about boxing after waiting in line for two hours for the Leonard/Duran "no mass" fight, didn't even last a full round. Haven't watched a fight since. Enjoy.

As to the other part of your post, I answered it right here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165124/) , post 62, last time you asked it.

I hope you enjoy the golf, all of you. I will catch what I can of it on TV. The summers are short up here.
I saw the first Leonard-Duran fight on closed circuit at Kemper Arena. I was one of very few white guys at that fight. And one of the few for Duran. I love going to Southern Hills for their many major golf tournaments. I wish you wouldn't be so negative toward Tulsa. You should, instead, point out Wichita's positive points like I do for Tulsa. Oh, wait, that is probably very difficult for you. Nevermind.

HemiEd
07-13-2007, 09:22 PM
That didn't take long. Green by TKO midway through the first round.

I would have been one pissed off SOB if I would have gone to that fight.

HemiEd
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
I saw the first Leonard-Duran fight on closed circuit at Kemper Arena. I was one of very few white guys at that fight. And one of the few for Duran. I love going to Southern Hills for their many major golf tournaments. I wish you wouldn't be so negative toward Tulsa. You should, instead, point out Wichita's positive points like I do for Tulsa. Oh, wait, that is probably very difficult for you. Nevermind.

Skip, obviously you did not read the responses to this. You have to click where I put the word here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165124/) .

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Skip, obviously you did not read the responses to this. You have to click where I put the word here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165124/) .
I read some of that but did not see you post one favorable thing about Wichita. Only negative things about Tulsa. It is cute that you want to compare Wichita to Tulsa though. Even though you got nothing. Wichita can't support a college football team. But Emporia, Pittsburg and Ft. Hays can. Hahahahahahahaha. Tulsa also has two Division 1 Basketball programs as well. Show me one thing Wichita has that Tulsa doesn't. I've shown you several things Tulsa has that Wichita doesn't.

HemiEd
07-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I read some of that but did not see you post one favorable thing about Wichita. Only negative things about Tulsa. It is cute that you want to compare Wichita to Tulsa though. Even though you got nothing. Wichita can't support a college football team. But Emporia, Pittsburg and Ft. Hays can. Hahahahahahahaha. Tulsa also has two Division 1 Basketball programs as well. Show me one thing Wichita has that Tulsa doesn't. I've shown you several things Tulsa has that Wichita doesn't.

Oh yes I did, read my next two posts in that thread. I now understand how you flunked out of WU in one semester.

Two direct comparisons of Wichita and Tulsa, by impartial surveys. Wichita kicked Tulsa's ass in both.

Skip Towne
07-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh yes I did, read my next two posts in that thread. I now understand how you flunked out of WU in one semester.

Two direct comparisons of Wichita and Tulsa, by impartial surveys. Wichita kicked Tulsa's ass in both.
OK, you win. Please advise me of the next event of national importance that occurs in Wichita. Yuk yuk yuk.

HemiEd
07-13-2007, 10:15 PM
OK, you win. Please advise me of the next event of national importance that occurs in Wichita. Yuk yuk yuk.

I don't get down for the NBC Baseball tournament anymore, but when I lived there, I attended a lot of games every year.
I can't begin to do it justice trying to describe it, but if you like baseball, it is a rip.

NBC National Tournament (http://www.nbcbaseball.com/index.cfm?NavID=12&SubNavID=0)

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 10:30 PM

Tulsa is a hole full of backward ass redneck sheep shaggers.

Tulsa is Houston minus all of those annoying smart people.

People from Little Rock would make fun of Tulsa but they don't know or care where it is.