PDA

View Full Version : Tamba learns Jiu Jitsu

Hammock Parties
07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
This is awesome (and slightly gay).

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vsFTTCds1w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vsFTTCds1w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

noa
07-14-2007, 07:27 PM
NTTAWWT

Coach
07-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Let's see if he can do something like this aganist the elite LT's.

milkman
07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Let's see if he can do something like this aganist the elite LT's.

He'll be nearly worn out by the time he runs to the other side of the line to take on the LT.

I hope he just uses it against the RT.

InChiefsHeaven
07-14-2007, 07:41 PM
that's cool. hopefully it will translate into even more sacks for Tamba!

Tribal Warfare
07-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Tamba desn't have anything on Matt McGlothlin.

Matt raced Jesus by running on water and healing busty women of their VD, and Jesus converted to become a McGlothlinian. Jesus now Prays by the hour to the diety known as Matt McGlothlin.

KCFalcon59
07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Cool. Tamba seems to be a dedicated professional athlete looking to better himself. I hope this helps him become an even better DE.

StcChief
07-14-2007, 07:54 PM
He'll be nearly worn out by the time he runs to the other side of the line to take on the LT.

I hope he just uses it against the RT.ROFL

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2007, 07:59 PM
The trainer was talking dirty to him.

HolmeZz
07-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Tazmissioned that bitch.

KC Jones
07-14-2007, 09:38 PM
If Tamba tears it up this year in the NFL... those guys are going to start making some serious bank with their NFL camp.

Kylo Ren
07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
The NY Jets are taking boxing training from of the most successful and revered boxing coaches in America ( I can't remember his name right now. ).

Ugly Duck
07-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Cool. Tamba seems to be a dedicated professional athlete looking to better himself. I hope this helps him become an even better DE.

I've always wondered why linemen didn't study judo & jiu-jitsu. Its all about balance & leverage & is certain to make him a better lineman. I'm just sad that its a Chief that finally caught on. My Tae Kwon Do instructor made me study aikido, judo & jiu-jitsu.... and it helped immensely. If'n I was a line coach, I'd make it mandatory.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2007, 11:05 PM
The NY Jets are taking boxing training from of the most successful and revered boxing coaches in America ( I can't remember his name right now. ).So successful, you don't know his name...
:)

BIG K
07-14-2007, 11:09 PM
This is awesome (and slightly gay).

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vsFTTCds1w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vsFTTCds1w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

As a former wrestler in high school and college, I appreciate this. It's all about base and leverage...Speed and strength helps...

TrickyNicky
07-15-2007, 07:06 AM
The NY Jets are taking boxing training from of the most successful and revered boxing coaches in America ( I can't remember his name right now. ). Teddy Atlas

the Talking Can
07-15-2007, 07:22 AM
cool...looks like a fast learner...I bet every guy in the NFL thinks they could throw that trainer off during the first test....

ps.

love Hali, expecting big things next year....great pick

Smed1065
07-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Hali appears to be a draft pick come true.

When you grow up not spoiled like us, you appreciate it.

JohnnyV13
07-15-2007, 08:54 AM
I've always wondered why linemen didn't study judo & jiu-jitsu. Its all about balance & leverage & is certain to make him a better lineman. I'm just sad that its a Chief that finally caught on. My Tae Kwon Do instructor made me study aikido, judo & jiu-jitsu.... and it helped immensely. If'n I was a line coach, I'd make it mandatory.

I've always wondered the same thing. I competed in Judo from 6 until I tore knee ligaments at 18. Judo was a tremendous help in football, because I missed VERY few tackles despite being very small.

Judo not only would help lineman, it would benefit almost any player by helping them learn how to minimize the impact from hits and falling. Judo helped me "bounce" off tacklers. Its a skill most NFL running backs don't really have. At the last fraction of a second before impact, you can shift your body to deflect much of the incoming force. The only NFL player that I've ever seen who could really do this like a martial arts expert is Tony Dorsett.

Dorsett was extremely durable even though he only weighed 185. Despite his size, Dorsett rushed for over 10,000 yards during a long NFL career (77 to 89). Dorsett never suffered a major injury until his last season with the Denver Broncos. Early in his career with Dallas, the cowboys were reluctant to give him too many carries because of his size. Eventually, they discovered he was surprisingly durable, mostly because of his ability to deflect hits by shifting his body at the last moment. This is a skill that HAS to be instinctive on the football field for it to work. It has to be a natural reaction to impact.

the Talking Can
07-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I've always wondered the same thing. I competed in Judo from 6 until I tore knee ligaments at 18. Judo was a tremendous help in football, because I missed VERY few tackles despite being very small.

Judo not only would help lineman, it would benefit almost any player by helping them learn how to minimize the impact from hits and falling. Judo helped me "bounce" off tacklers. Its a skill most NFL running backs don't really have. At the last fraction of a second before impact, you can shift your body to deflect much of the incoming force. The only NFL player that I've ever seen who could really do this like a martial arts expert is Tony Dorsett.

Dorsett was extremely durable even though he only weighed 185. Despite his size, Dorsett rushed for over 10,000 yards during a long NFL career (77 to 89). Dorsett never suffered a major injury until his last season with the Denver Broncos. Early in his career with Dallas, the cowboys were reluctant to give him too many carries because of his size. Eventually, they discovered he was surprisingly durable, mostly because of his ability to deflect hits by shifting his body at the last moment. This is a skill that HAS to be instinctive on the football field for it to work. It has to be a natural reaction to impact.

fascinating, that makes a lot of sense....

88TG88
07-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Hali appears to be a draft pick come true.

When you grow up not spoiled like us, you appreciate it.
agreed
It sucks to hope your 1st rd pick succeeds instead of expecting your 1st rd pick succeed.

Pretty cool vid btw

milkman
07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
agreed
It sucks to hope your 1st rd pick succeeds instead of expecting your 1st rd pick succeed.

Pretty cool vid btw

It sucks even more to expect your 1st round pick succeeds, only to have him fail.

Actually, hoping your 1st round pick succeeds doesn't suck at all.

I hope.
I don't expect.

That way I'm only minimally disappointed if they fail, and pleasantly surprised when they succeed.

Groves
07-15-2007, 01:35 PM
those guys are going to start making some serious bank with their NFL camp.

Hopefully the first $1000 they make they'll put into better audio equipment and someone with the smallest sense of style to make their video title screens. Money well spent.

Cool video

Bwana
07-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Likewise. I have sent a lot of years in martial arts in several styles and each one will teach you something different which could be directly used in the NFL. I have always thought martial arts should be used as a training tool with every NFL club. I guarantee it will help Tamba out a great deal with his football.