PDA

View Full Version : FOX SPORTS QB RANKINGS

Chiefs=Champions
07-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Well im pretty suprised with these rankings, plesantly that is.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7024980

Hammock Parties
07-15-2007, 09:35 PM
That's realistic. They're basically expecting Croyle to be better than Huard, which the Chiefs are probably counting on as well.

Pitt Gorilla
07-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow, that seems high. I must admit to starting at the end of the list.

Chiefs=Champions
07-15-2007, 09:37 PM
That's realistic. They're basically expecting Croyle to be better than Huard, which the Chiefs are probably counting on as well.

Yer i agree with it to, its just most of the media hates the chiefs and it suprising that were rated higer than there love child denver.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Talk about a lack of respect for Brett Favre. Brodie ranked one spot above him.

:p

Tribal Warfare
07-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow, that seems high. I must admit to starting at the end of the list.

that list has alot of "WTFs" concerning their position. Specifically the Ravens, McNair is an average QB with poor skills in reading defenses.

BWillie
07-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Soo both Croyle and Huard are better than Michael Vick. Strange. Call me crazy, but I'd trade either for Michael Vick in a heart beat. Especially with a Herm offense.

DaFace
07-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Soo both Croyle and Huard are better than Michael Vick. Strange. Call me crazy, but I'd trade either for Michael Vick in a heart beat. Especially with a Herm offense.

You're assuming he doesn't end up suspended for the better part of a season at some point.

KCChiefsMan
07-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I like they put him above Cuntler

noa
07-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Completely unjustified, but I'll take it.

cdcox
07-15-2007, 10:30 PM

Vick hasn't proved that he is anyone's solution at QB, even without the dogfighting issue.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Realistic? Yeah, that's plenty realistic!#15 Chiefs
#21 Broncos

ROFL Sure, Brodie & Huard are so much better than Cutler & Ramsey ... I musta been nuts thinking Patrick Ramsey alone would be better than either Outta-Work-Damon or Brittle-Brodie ... silly me! ROFL

Gosh ... maybe we'll get lucky and trade QB pairs, huh?

Whaddya say, TRADE? :LOL: LMAO

Sorry guys ... I'll put yer TE and RB in the Top 2 ... but QB? #24-25 ... tops. And you know it.

Pitt Gorilla
07-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Realistic? Yeah, that's plenty realistic!
#15 Chiefs
#21 Broncos

ROFL Sure, Brodie & Huard are so much better than Cutler & Ramsey ... I musta been nuts thinking Patrick Ramsey alone would be better than either Outta-Work-Damon or Brittle-Brodie ... silly me! ROFL

Whaddya say, TRADE? :LOL: LMAOHow is Damon any more "outta work" than Ramsey?

KcMizzou
07-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Soo both Croyle and Huard are better than Michael Vick. Strange. Call me crazy, but I'd trade either for Michael Vick in a heart beat. Especially with a Herm offense.We need a QB, not a RB.

HolmeZz
07-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Cutler's better than Croyle at this point, but Patrick Ramsey is absolutely god awful.

Direckshun
07-15-2007, 10:56 PM
COVETED BACKUP PATRICK RAMSEY

Direckshun
07-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Outta-Work-Damon or Brittle-Brodie
Those'll catch on.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:00 PM
OMG ... they also put the Packers, Panthers, Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Texans and Falcons below you too?

Who wrote that thing? I'm sorry, but you guys must know that Huard had a crazy-good season. An anomole - probably anyway. Lots of guys could put up halfway-decent game-management QB Efficiency ratings with LJ behind him. But to call Damon Huard, a guy whgo was waived outta the league twice, #15 over Matt Schaub #29 is just plain nuts.

I agree that Vick is overrated, and I actually really like Brodie - he's got a live arm there ... but you can't put Huard and Brodie ahead of guys like Favre/Rodgers, Eli Manning, Marcus Vick and Jake Delhomme - it's just nuts.

They belong down with other unproven but high-potential guys like Bills (Losman), Redskins (Campbell), Faders (JaMarcus) and a shade ahead of the Vikings (Tavaris). No direspect, but that's where they belong. Just to show I'm not 100% :homer: , Cutler belongs only a shade above those guys - dead even with Schaub, a shade below VY, Leinart, and Vick.

HolmeZz
07-15-2007, 11:04 PM
An anomole.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=anomaly

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2007, 11:05 PM
21. Broncos (2006 Rank: 5)

2006 Rank: 5? Guess they should have kept Plummer since he was a top five QB last year.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=anomaly

He meant anal mole.

Pesky little bastards they are, too.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
COVETED BACKUP PATRICK RAMSEY
Well, lots of guys on OrangeMane are down on Ramsey too ... REALLY down, some of them. But me? I really, REALLY like him. (And he did have two other offers - Houston and someplace else).

I like Ramsey ALOT as Cutler's backup because they have a fairly-similar skill-set: Both are big guys with rocket arms and some measure of mobility ... though both need to learn to sense pressure better. Both went to high-academic colleges and graduated, Ramsey an academic-All America double-major. I hope we stay Cutler-Ramsey for 15+ years in a row.

And I will say this about Ramsey:

It would SUCK to be a first-round QB in football-crazed Washinigton with that ass Steve Spurrier making his pro debut the same year you're a rookie. He is MURDER on quarterbacks. The fact that Ramsey even survived, much less put up decent number for 6-8 games as a rookie, makes me happy to have him.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:10 PM
I am very, very sorry to have misspelled "anomaly."

I didn't know how strong you feel about spelling/typos here. ... alas, I'm a noob.

Is there anything I can do to make it up to you guys?

beer bacon
07-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Realistic? Yeah, that's plenty realistic!#15 Chiefs
#21 Broncos

Whaddya say, TRADE? :LOL: LMAO

Sorry guys ... I'll put yer TE and RB in the Top 2 ... but QB? #24-25 ... tops. And you know it.

Are we talking about the Patrick Ramsey with a career QB rating of 74.9 QB rating?

Compare Ramsey's best season with 2006 Huard:

Ramsey: 11 starts, 53.1 completion percentage, 2166 yards, 6.43 ypa, 14 TDs, 9 INT, and a 75.8 QB rating

Huard: 8 starts, 60.7 completion percentage, 1878 yards, 7.7 ypa, 11 TDs, 1 INT, and a 98 QB rating

Cutler could be a fine QB eventually, but please don't try to pass Patrick Ramsey is anything but a very mediocre quarterback.

KcMizzou
07-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I kind of agree with the Bronco guy. (I know, I know) We have no idea what we have with Croyle yet. If you think you know, you're wrong.

beer bacon
07-15-2007, 11:14 PM
OMG ... they also put the Packers, Panthers, Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Texans and Falcons below you too?

Who wrote that thing? I'm sorry, but you guys must know that Huard had a crazy-good season. An anomole - probably anyway. Lots of guys could put up halfway-decent game-management QB Efficiency ratings with LJ behind him. But to call Damon Huard, a guy whgo was waived outta the league twice, #15 over Matt Schaub #29 is just plain nuts.

I agree that Vick is overrated, and I actually really like Brodie - he's got a live arm there ... but you can't put Huard and Brodie ahead of guys like Favre/Rodgers, Eli Manning, Marcus Vick and Jake Delhomme - it's just nuts.

They belong down with other unproven but high-potential guys like Bills (Losman), Redskins (Campbell), Faders (JaMarcus) and a shade ahead of the Vikings (Tavaris). No direspect, but that's where they belong. Just to show I'm not 100% :homer: , Cutler belongs only a shade above those guys - dead even with Schaub, a shade below VY, Leinart, and Vick.

Schaub belongs at the bottom of the list. He has done NOTHING as a starting quarterback.

pikesome
07-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I agree that Vick is overrated... but you can't put Huard and Brodie ahead of guys like Favre/Rodgers, Eli Manning, Marcus Vick and Jake Delhomme - it's just nuts.

Huard and the Brodiefish haven't gotten their coach fired...Vick's ahead of them there.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Are we talking about the Patrick Ramsey with a career QB rating of 74.9 QB rating?

Compare Ramsey's best season with 2006 Huard:

Ramsey: 11 starts, 53.1 completion percentage, 2166 yards, 6.43 ypa, 14 TDs, 9 INT, and a 75.8 QB rating

Huard: 8 starts, 60.7 completion percentage, 1878 yards, 7.7 ypa, 11 TDs, 1 INT, and a 98 QB rating

Cutler could be a fine QB eventually, but please don't try to pass Patrick Ramsey is anything but a very mediocre quarterback.

No, no .... Huard had an excellent 2006. But be honest - probably an anomoly. bb - you or I could manage an offense with LJ in the backfield, come on. He played close to the vest and had an excellent season. But look at Huard's lifetoime QB rating ... and remember - he didn't have d!ckhead rookie-coach Spurrier to contend with. Spurrier is truly murder on QBs ... and he came in there looking to prove himself.

BTW - I'm under no great illusions about Ramsey. But as a backup, he is top shelf - especially to Cutler, who, as I mentioned, he shares a similar skill set with.

Lemme ask you this: Who would be a better backup?
Bradlee Van Pelt? No.
Joey Harrington? No, too weak an arm - they'd have to change the gameplans.
Gus Frerotte? Maybe.
Seneca Wallace? Puh-leeeze.

So, who? There's not all that many decent backups out there available. Personallky, I'm VERY satisfied, and I hope he stays 15+ years.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Schaub belongs at the bottom of the list. He has done NOTHING as a starting quarterback.He's barely played! He's about even with Cutler, or a shade below. HUGE promise, but very little experience so far.
Q: One year ago now ... what QB had a LOT less experience than Cutler and Schaub do now?
A: Phillip Rivers

We'll see ....

T-post Tom
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM

OK, you're crazy. Unless you're the Falcon's GM. I bet he would LOVE to unload Ron Mexico & his crazy salary. Vick is a disaster off the field and grossly overpaid on the field.

pikesome
07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
OK, you're crazy. Unless you're the Falcon's GM. I bet he would LOVE to unload Ron Mexico & his crazy salary. Vick is a disaster off the field and grossly overpaid on the field.

DING! DING! DING!

beer bacon
07-15-2007, 11:30 PM
He's barely played! He's about even with Cutler, or a shade below. HUGE promise, but very little experience so far.
Q: One year ago now ... what QB had a LOT less experience than Cutler and Schaub do now?
A: Phillip Rivers

We'll see ....

You are correct. Schaub has barely played. Why should he be given any respect as a starting QB?

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Why should Brodie?

beer bacon
07-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Why should Brodie?

He shouldn't.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Don't get me wrong, I really like Brodie.

If he can put on 10-15 pounds and stay healthy, this division will have four OUTSTANDING young gunslingers. Four cannon-armed young QBs with a decade or more facing one another.

pikesome
07-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Why should Brodie?

Duh, he's a Chief. Till he pews the scrouch in a real game, he gets points for the uniform. :)

Chiefs=Champions
07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Lemme ask you this: Who would be a better backup?
Bradlee Van Pelt? No.
Joey Harrington? No, too weak an arm - they'd have to change the gameplans.
Gus Frerotte? Maybe.
Seneca Wallace? Puh-leeeze.

Personally i would rather joey or wallace over ramsey any day. hes a terrible quarterback now just like he was at Washington, hes had his chances and failed, he couldn’t even beat out a 33 year old Brunell. Although if I could have a pick of any of those quarter backs and huard i would pick huard every day of the week. Huard has proved that he’s a good quarterback for wat were trying to do. Even though he may have had Larry Johnson to help him out it still isn’t easy to capitalize on his opportunities with the touchdown to interception ratio that he had.

Cutler may be better than brodie now and into the future but at the moment I think it is understandable to have Huard and brodie, one solid back up and a not tested quarterback with a lot of skills, over a second year quarterback with great skills and a very shaky back up at best.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
He shouldn't.

Well then you agree the rankings were a joke ??

beer bacon
07-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Well then you agree the rankings were a joke ??

I would say 25 would be a fair assessment of where the Chiefs QB unit ranks. It also depends on who is making the list. If the author believes that Huard will be our starting QB season, and he also believes that the most important information on a player is the most recent information...then I could see us cracking the top 20.

The best thing for anyone that is going to make one of these lists would be to either lay out the criteria they used to make the rankings, or just to admit that the rankings are off the cuff.

Direckshun
07-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Seneca Wallace actually played pretty good last year.

Direckshun
07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I really like Brodie.

If he can put on 10-15 pounds and stay healthy, this division will have four OUTSTANDING young gunslingers. Four cannon-armed young QBs with a decade or more facing one another.
He's already put on 10-15 pounds.

The healthy part we're working on.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Personally i would rather joey or wallace over ramsey any day. hes a terrible quarterback now just like he was at Washington, hes had his chances and failed, he couldn’t even beat out a 33 year old Brunell.

Yeah, you're right. Coming into the league in the perfect situation ... Steve Spurrier is a player's coach, and a quarterback's best friend. In such a nurtruring, supportive environment as that, I'm surprised he couldn't put up better numbers.
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4277/ramseytc2.jpg

Remember, we're talking BACKUP here. A backup needs to have had experience. AND, a backup should be able to execute the starter's gameplan if he's forced into the game. In this case, he has Cutler-type skills, and experience ... through the fire with Spurrier. To the limit, to the wall. He'll be able to run the plays, and the stage won't be too big for him.

Wallace is a runner (believe me), and Harrington's arm is weaker than Plummer's ... they would have to chuck half the gameplan if Harrington suddenly replaced Cutler. Think practical.

pikesome
07-15-2007, 11:47 PM
He's already put on 10-15 pounds.

The healthy part we're working on.

Hopefully a Oline that doesn't resemble a screen door without the screen will help the healthy.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:48 PM
The completion pcts were really, really low those first two Spurrier years ... but at least he was never a big interception machine like Harrington.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Hopefully a Oline that doesn't resemble a screen door without the screen will help the healthy.Yeah, you can't retire two HOFers in a year and expect to keep protecting the QB like you used to ... that's tough. Plus the Turley experiment didn't work either. What about Weigman, and that guy Trevor Pryce hates?

pikesome
07-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, you can't retire two HOFers in a year and expect to protect the QB all that well ... that's tough. Plus the Turlet experiment didn't work either. What about Weigman, and that guy Trevor Pryce hates?

I'm figuring that whatever we field will be tons better than his college Oline. That, in no small part, was responsible for his "injury-prone" label.

Chiefs=Champions
07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah, you're right. Coming into the league in the perfect situation ... Steve Spurrier is a player's coach, and a quarterback's best friend. In such a nurtruring, supportive environment as that, I'm surprised he couldn't put up better numbers.
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4277/ramseytc2.jpg

Remember, we're talking BACKUP here. A backup needs to have had experience. AND, a backup should be able to execute the starter's gameplan if he's forced into the game. In this case, he has Cutler-type skills, and experience ... through the fire with Spurrier. To the limit, to the wall. He'll be able to run the plays, and the stage won't be too big for him.

Wallace is a runner (believe me), and Harrington's arm is weaker than Plummer's ... they would have to chuck half the gameplan if Harrington suddenly replaced Cutler. Think practical.

All well and good but are you basically saying that ramsey is a better backup than huard for the fact that he potentially could be well suited to the teams offense. And what huard didn’t prove that he was perfect for our offense last year?

Hammock Parties
07-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Harrington has a great arm.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Unbelievably no one has highlighted that the Raiders fall into the 31 slot with the top pick in the draft.

. Raiders (2006 Rank: 30)
From draft day until the start of Raiders mini-camp in June, JaMarcus Russell spent an average of nine hours per week on the telephone with his coaches learning the playbook. Two thoughts here. 1) Nine hours per week isn't a whole lot. Some people spend that many hours per week stuck in traffic. Maybe they should get on the phone and learn an offense instead of honking their horns and cursing. 2) The telephone may not be the best device for imparting complex football information. The Raiders could invest in some video conferencing equipment, but Al Davis is probably too old school.

Despite phoning in his off-season study sessions, Russell fared well in mini-camp. The organization is saying all the right things: he's in shape, his arm is as good as advertised, he's the coolest cucumber in the crisper, and so on. Still, he's a rookie who will likely be the Opening Day starter for a team that won two games last season. He has a promising future, but 2007 will be a long year. Backup Andrew Walter is out indefinitely after knee surgery, leaving Josh McCown as the only experienced quarterback on the roster. McCown played for the Lions last year — at wide receiver. 'Nuff said.

Couldn't happen to a greater group of homos...................WR.........LMAO

Hammock Parties
07-16-2007, 12:00 AM
That's awful. I knew that guy was dumb as a stump though.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I think Vince Young was dumberer.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 12:16 AM
All well and good but are you basically saying that ramsey is a better backup than huard for the fact that he potentially could be well suited to the teams offense. And what huard didn’t prove that he was perfect for our offense last year?
What? No ... I wasn't comparing him directly to Huard. Just to Harrington, Wallace, Van Pelt, etc...

Damon Huard had a great '06, sure, but you guys are conveniently forgetting that before '06, Huard was no better than Ramsey. I think "Splinter-Butt" was his nickname :D

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4365/huardub3.jpg

BWillie
07-16-2007, 12:25 AM

Before the dog fighting issue people wanted Vick to be in KC. Tell me again how many Pro Bowls Huard and Croyle have? Vick has 3. Look, our offense is based all around the rushing attack with a very basic passing game, Michael Vick would be a good choice. You only allow for safe passes, and when it's not there, Vick can use his athleticsm to get a first down. Vick does things that aren't in the stat sheet and that defenses can't predict. He is the opposing coaches nightmare because he's hard to defend against. I'm not saying Michael Vick a top 5 QB or anything, but you are freaking out of your mind to not take Vick over Huard. I don't understand how dog fighting has anything to do with how Vick performs on the field. Vick really hasn't done anything bad off the field until this dog fighting thing. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a guy on my team who is into dog fighting than a guy who beats women with guns, gets multiple DUI's, and fights cops.

Hammock Parties
07-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Before the dog fighting issue people wanted Vick to be in KC.

You are nuts. I've never encountered a Chiefs fan - HERE or ANYWHERE that wanted Vick in red and gold.

BWillie
07-16-2007, 12:39 AM
You are nuts. I've never encountered a Chiefs fan - HERE or ANYWHERE that wanted Vick in red and gold.

Point is, how on earth are Huard and Croyle ranked ahead of Vick? That makes no sense at all. Until Croyle shows something, he is completely unrproven and we have no idea how he will perform. Vick is a good QB, not everything is about QB rating. John Elway's QB rating sucked, he's a HOF QB. If Vick sucked so bad, why didn't they keep everybody's darling Matt Schuab.

People wouldn't want to swap Vick straight up for Green when Green was good, nor should they of, however, you are telling me right now with a straight face you would not straight up want to swap Huard for Vick? Honestly? I'd give up Huard and Croyle for Vick. At least you know Vick will perform on the field, you have no idea with Croyle and Huard hasn't done anything until last year.

Hammock Parties
07-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Vick is a good QB

No, he's not. He sucks. He has like a 7-21 record against teams with winning records the last four years or something. He's horrible.

If Vick sucked so bad, why didn't they keep everybody's darling Matt Schuab.

Vick's contract prohibits it.

BWillie
07-16-2007, 12:46 AM
No, he's not. He sucks. He has like a 7-21 record against teams with winning records the last four years or something. He's horrible.

Sucks huh?

Vick = 3 PRO BOWLS

Huard+Croyle+Printers = 0 PRO BOWLS

luv
07-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I thought Vick was suspended.

Hammock Parties
07-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Sucks huh?

Vick = 3 PRO BOWLS

Huard+Croyle+Printers = 0 PRO BOWLS

Jerome Woods and Jake Plummer recently went to Pro Bowls.

BWillie
07-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Jerome Woods and Jake Plummer recently went to Pro Bowls.

I thought Vick was suspended.

Ya, and Jake Plummer is better than Huard or Croyle at this point too. Vick hasn't been suspended yet, and the latest news I've heard is Vick isn't even going to be indicted. As of today, no one had been charged with any crimes in connection with the dog fighting investigations, and experts don't even think Vick will be charged. Ya, Vick is overpaid, still doesn't make him bad.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 12:54 AM
I want Vick in red and gold.
Ahem ... it's YELLOW, Clayton.

You of all people should understand ...

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5893/yellowbh1.jpg

Hammock Parties
07-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Ya, and Jake Plummer is better than Huard or Croyle at this point too.

OK. This confirms it. You're insane.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 12:55 AM
No, Clayton .... he's correct.

YOU are insane. Just like Norman Bates.

Hammock Parties
07-16-2007, 12:59 AM
No, Clayton .... he's correct.

YOU are insane. Just like Norman Bates.

I'm off to bed, Casey O'Brien.

ClevelandBronco
07-16-2007, 01:01 AM

You'll find this hard to believe, but "man tits" Clayton actually has some posters here thinking that he knows something about football.

I don't get it, but it's true.

luv
07-16-2007, 01:14 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/history/uniform/

At one of the initial organizational meetings of the American Football League in late ‘59 – before the teams even had any players or coaches – the AFL owners choose their team colors. Lamar Hunt desires Columbia Blue and Orange for his Dallas Texans franchise. But before Hunt or any other owner can make a selection, Houston’s Bud Adams claims Columbia Blue for his Oilers franchise. Hunt reverts to Red and Gold for the Texans, which remains the primary color scheme for the Chiefs to this day.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 01:14 AM

I shouldda known you were a MySpace dweeb like me :D

KcMizzou
07-16-2007, 01:16 AM
I shouldda known you were a MySpace dweeb like me :DI don't get it.

I'm actually kinda proud.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 01:18 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/history/uniform/

At one of the initial organizational meetings of the American Football League in late ‘59 – before the teams even had any players or coaches – the AFL owners choose their team colors. Lamar Hunt desires Columbia Blue and Orange for his Dallas Texans franchise. But before Hunt or any other owner can make a selection, Houston’s Bud Adams claims Columbia Blue for his Oilers franchise. Hunt reverts to Red and Gold for the Texans, which remains the primary color scheme for the Chiefs to this day.
Fair enough ... but, a rose by any other name is still a rose!

There's nothing wrong with "yellow." Not for you, the Steelers, USC, the Packers (yellow-orange really), the Chargers, Michigan, anybody. I'm just a stickler for accuracy in words I guess. "Gold" is the New Orleans Saints, Colorado Buffaloes, 49ers ... and MISSOURI TIGERS.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I don't get it.

I'm actually kinda proud.
Yeah, it's just a word, "dweeb." Casey's just a nickname anyway.

I'm proud of my MySpace I guess: www.MySpace.com/CaseyRockStar (http://www.MySpace.com/CaseyRockStar)

cdcox
07-16-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure how anyone can meaningfully rank a QB that looks like they are settling in for a mediocre career (E. Manning or Vick) against a new QB that has lots of potential but is completely unproven (Croyle, Russell).

I'm not at all sold on Vince Young either. Sure he did great for a rookie, but that performance last year won't cut it in the NFL. For example his completion percentage was 51.5 last season. His yards per attempt were 6.2. Those aren't any where near franchise QB type numbers. He needs to lift his game several notches still, and I seriously questionhis ability to do that.

Hammock Parties
07-16-2007, 08:12 AM
[/url]

Haha! Ok, Casey O'Brien.

Kerberos
07-16-2007, 09:26 AM

I'm proud of my MySpace I guess: www.MySpace.com/CaseyRockStar (http://www.MySpace.com/CaseyRockStar) You'll find this hard to believe, but "man tits" Clayton actually has some posters here thinking that he knows something about football.

I don't get it, but it's true.
We've got "BroncoFluff" and "ClevelandSteamer"

ClevelandSteamer I would rather listen to what Clayton has to say most of the time compared to you. You are wasting your time here trying to get anyone to follow you.

:shake:

RealSNR
07-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Point is, how on earth are Huard and Croyle ranked ahead of Vick? That makes no sense at all. Until Croyle shows something, he is completely unrproven and we have no idea how he will perform. Vick is a good QB, not everything is about QB rating. John Elway's QB rating sucked, he's a HOF QB. If Vick sucked so bad, why didn't they keep everybody's darling Matt Schuab.

People wouldn't want to swap Vick straight up for Green when Green was good, nor should they of, however, you are telling me right now with a straight face you would not straight up want to swap Huard for Vick? Honestly? I'd give up Huard and Croyle for Vick. At least you know Vick will perform on the field, you have no idea with Croyle and Huard hasn't done anything until last year.You're stupid.

You have yet to REALLY prove why Vick isn't bad and would be great for the Chiefs. Vick's passer rating sucks. His record as a starter is piss-poor. He barely throws for any yards at all for a starting QB. His TD-INT ratio isn't the greatest, either.

So please, tell me, what has Vick done lately that Croyle won't be able to do next season? Sounds liks Croyle doesn't have far to go to be a better QB than Vick.

Malcor
07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
As a quarterback, Vick makes one hell of a runningback...

~nods sagely~

FAX
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I rank Vick ahead of everybody else based solely on his phenomenal and extraordinary ability to evade both tacklers and prison.

FAX

Baby Lee
07-16-2007, 12:09 PM
He meant anal mole.

Pesky little bastards they are, too.
And I want
And I need
And I lust
Anal Mole

http://www.metalonmetal.altervista.org/immagini/DEF%20LEPPARD%201.jpg

htismaqe
07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
15. Chiefs (2006 Rank: 7)
Brodie Croyle spent June mini-camp taking reps as the Chiefs starting quarterback while preparing for his wedding. Compared to the wedding, the sophomore told the Kansas City Star, "football is a piece of cake." Speaking of cake, Brodie, Bridezilla just called. It's a triple-tiered tiramisu with white chocolate fondant or else she marries Casey Printers.

Damon Huard finished second in the NFL to Peyton Manning in DVOA last year. So why isn't he the starter? Huard is a 34-year old career backup coming off a charmed season. Croyle is an athletic, strong-armed youngster with a head for the game who would have been a first-round pick in 2006 if he hadn't suffered numerous college injuries. The Chiefs' run-heavy offense is very quarterback-friendly, so why not install the youngster now? If he falters or gets hurt again, Huard is a capable backup.

Why should this mean anything to us?

Because the author works for Football Outsiders, that's why.

StcChief
07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
15. Chiefs (2006 Rank: 7)
Brodie Croyle spent June mini-camp taking reps as the Chiefs starting quarterback while preparing for his wedding. Compared to the wedding, the sophomore told the Kansas City Star, "football is a piece of cake." Speaking of cake, Brodie, Bridezilla just called. It's a triple-tiered tiramisu with white chocolate fondant or else she marries Casey Printers.

Damon Huard finished second in the NFL to Peyton Manning in DVOA last year. So why isn't he the starter? Huard is a 34-year old career backup coming off a charmed season. Croyle is an athletic, strong-armed youngster with a head for the game who would have been a first-round pick in 2006 if he hadn't suffered numerous college injuries. The Chiefs' run-heavy offense is very quarterback-friendly, so why not install the youngster now? If he falters or gets hurt again, Huard is a capable backup.

The Football Outsiders seem to be very well respected and their stats prove it.

I'd take their opinion over most sports writers.

cdcox
07-16-2007, 02:11 PM

Unfortunately, FO's statistical system for projecting the future NFL success of college QBs, based on college games started and college completion percentage, projects Croyle as a bust. I don't think there is any statisical basis for this writer to project Croyle so highly. Rather it is likely the personal opinion of this particular FO writer and consists of his hunches and biases seasoned with a sprinkling of info from the official FO statistics.

FringeNC
07-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, FO's statistical system for projecting the future NFL success of college QBs, based on college games started and college completion percentage, projects Croyle as a bust. I don't think there is any statisical basis for this writer to project Croyle so highly. Rather it is likely the personal opinion of this particular FO writer and consists of his hunches and biases seasoned with a sprinkling of info from the official FO statistics.

Yep. There is no pro data available to project Croyle -- good or bad. Additionally, any type of college to pro passer rating projections would be a joke. This isn't baseball where projecting can be done.

There really is only one reason I am somewhat excited about Croyle -- the confidence Herm and the players SEEM to have in him. Other than that, we have virtually zero information on Croyle's development as an NFL quarterback.

It's a little odd that the FOs seem to be going on hunches.

orange
07-16-2007, 02:48 PM

He's projecting based on last year's stats.

"At Football Outsiders, we've done our homework. We've ranked the quarterbacks from all 32 teams based on our groundbreaking DVOA and DPAR metrics, our scouting and game charting data, and a healthy dollop of horse sense. For rookies and prospects, we used the Lewin Career Forecast System, a projection method so accurate that it has generated some sizzle among NFL insiders (you can read more about DVOA, DPAR, and Lewin's Career Forecast System in Football Prospectus 2007, available wherever fine paperbacks are sold)."

He has assumed a certain percentage of playing-time for Huard and the rest for Croyle. For Croyle's numbers, he is either using last year's stats, or the college projection if he didn't think seven attempts was enough info to include.

In either case, Croyle is actually dragging KC's overall rating down considerably.

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
And I want
And I need
And I lust
Anal Mole

http://www.metalonmetal.altervista.org/immagini/DEF%20LEPPARD%201.jpg
Ok, that was pretty much awesome.

Fairplay
07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
If the article had the Chiefs ranked towards the bottom most of us would be dissing this as just pre-season hype and the writer doesn't know anything about football.

He has us at 15? I can't see how an unproven QB teamed with a career benched player can be that far up the charts.

My thoughts are toss the article aside and see what happens on the field this season.

orange
07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
My thoughts are toss the article aside and see what happens on the field this season.

Quoted for Truth!

bogie
07-16-2007, 04:02 PM

Why? What has Vick done to gain your respect? Just askin'.

bogie
07-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Before the dog fighting issue people wanted Vick to be in KC. Tell me again how many Pro Bowls Huard and Croyle have? Vick has 3. Look, our offense is based all around the rushing attack with a very basic passing game, Michael Vick would be a good choice. You only allow for safe passes, and when it's not there, Vick can use his athleticsm to get a first down. Vick does things that aren't in the stat sheet and that defenses can't predict. He is the opposing coaches nightmare because he's hard to defend against. I'm not saying Michael Vick a top 5 QB or anything, but you are freaking out of your mind to not take Vick over Huard. I don't understand how dog fighting has anything to do with how Vick performs on the field. Vick really hasn't done anything bad off the field until this dog fighting thing. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a guy on my team who is into dog fighting than a guy who beats women with guns, gets multiple DUI's, and fights cops.

Putting the dog fighting stuff aside, I have no interest in Vick as our QB. He's WAY overrated in my mind.

BroncoBuff
07-16-2007, 05:13 PM

Sorry ... I don't "swing" that way, Clayton :D

DaFace
07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Ya, and Jake Plummer is better than Huard or Croyle at this point too. Vick hasn't been suspended yet, and the latest news I've heard is Vick isn't even going to be indicted. As of today, no one had been charged with any crimes in connection with the dog fighting investigations, and experts don't even think Vick will be charged. Ya, Vick is overpaid, still doesn't make him bad.

So much for that idea.

pikesome
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
So much for that idea.

:)

blueballs
07-21-2007, 08:01 AM
I command
this thread to be
unstickied

BigMeatballDave
07-21-2007, 08:55 AM
And I want
And I need
And I lust
Anal Mole

http://www.metalonmetal.altervista.org/immagini/DEF%20LEPPARD%201.jpgLMAO Oh, and....Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: