PDA

View Full Version : PGA Golfer John Daly on 'Roids?

jAZ
07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, probably not...

ROFL

http://blog.kir.com/archives/johndalyteeingoff.jpg

...but apparently golfers are using sterroids.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2007-07-18-player-comments_N.htm

Gary Player: I know of steroids in golf
Updated 4h 7m ago | Comments 19 | Recommend 7 E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints & Permissions |

By Steve DiMeglio, USA TODAY
CARNOUSTIE, Scotland — Golf legend Gary Player said Wednesday in a news conference on the eve of the 136th British Open that he knows of at least one golfer who has used steroids.
"One guy told me — I took an oath prior to him telling me — but he told me what he did and I could see this massive change in him," said the 71-year-old Hall of Famer and winner of nine majors. "And somebody else told me something I also promised I wouldn't tell, that verified others had done it."

Player urged the governing bodies of golf organizations around the world to move as soon as possible toward a random drug-testing plan.

"We're dreaming if we think it's not going to come into golf," said Player, who estimated that 10 players from tours around the world were taking some type of performance-enhancing drug. ""I know there are golfers doing it, whether it's HGH, whether it's creatine, or whether it's steroids, I know for a fact that some golfers are doing it.

"The greatest thing that the R&A, the USGA and the PGA can do is have tests at random. It's absolutely essential that we do that."

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Tiger Woods | PGA | LPGA Tour | Player | USGA
The European Tour and PGA Tour are moving toward drug policies. The LPGA Tour announced late last year that it would start drug testing in 2008.

Last year, the R&A and the USGA used random testing for the first time at the World Amateur Team Championship in South Africa. All 12 tests came back negative.

"We do support random drug testing in golf, as we've said many times," R&A chief executive Peter Dawson said. "We are working closely with the Tours around the world to achieve the introduction of a uniform drug testing policy. And those discussions, I'm pleased to say, are at a pretty advanced stage."

Tiger Woods, who has said he favors drug testing, said Tuesday he doesn't know of any player who has taken steroids.

"If anything, probably out here it would be testing positive for maybe being hung over a little bit," he said. "But that's about it. I know some guys have taken Medrol packs for inflammation in their wrists, but other than that, I really don't see anybody doing anything, or have heard anybody doing anything."

Megbert
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
If roids were another name for Wendy's Baconator then yes.

bogie
07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Here's a stupid question. Why do steroid tests have to be random? If they want to resolve the problem, test every pro athlete monthly and the results are turned in random.

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Here's a stupid question. Why do steroid tests have to be random? If they want to resolve the problem, test every pro athlete monthly and the results are turned in random.

Because then guys would adjust their cycles to avoid the testing. The reason they're random is so that they can catch guys while they're using.

Steriods aren't used everyday of the year.

jAZ
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Because then guys would adjust their cycles to avoid the testing. The reason they're random is so that they can catch guys while they're using.

Leagues should do weekly urine drops and randomly test the samples XX number of times per year.

bogie
07-18-2007, 05:44 PM

If everyone is tested monthly, but the results are checked randomly, they wouldn't know if their test results would be checked. Know what I mean?

bogie
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Leagues should do weekly urine drops and randomly test the samples XX number of times per year.

That's what I'm saying, I think.

plbrdude
07-18-2007, 07:53 PM

i second the motion.

jAZ
07-18-2007, 08:17 PM
That's what I'm saying, I think.
Weekly rather than monthly to address the "cycling".

BWillie
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
""I know there are golfers doing it, whether it's HGH, whether it's creatine, or whether it's steroids, I know for a fact that some golfers are doing it."

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. He obviously has no F*cking clue what he's talking about. He is putting creatine in the same sentence as HGH and Roids. Are you kidding me? Once again, really the only thing creatine does is increase cell volumization by drawing in water to the cells makin them larger. Creatine does not "create" muscle like steroids do. The only thing you use creatine for basically is to allow yourself to lift heavier weights so that you can place more stress on your muscles, so that when you stop using creatine, that extra stress hopefully will have equated into lean muscle mass and just not water.

Chiefspants
07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
This is probably golf's saddest attempts to draw publicity...lol jk