PDA

View Full Version : My Dad and a revolver gift

bogie
07-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey, all you gun experts. I want to buy my Dad a .22 pistol (revolver). This is probably a pipe dream, but I want it personally engraved. All I want the engraving to say is "Daddy", or something like that. My brothers and sisters are going to help with the cost, I don't want it to be stupidly expensive, but I want it to be a nice pistol. I plan to have a family shooting contest where all of his sons, daughters and friends will get involved in the contest this coming deer season (my Dad is/was a great shooter). Any suggestions as to where I can purchase and have engraved a pistol? Any suggestions on what pistol I can purchase? Any help would be appreciated. I am leaving work now, but will be checking this first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance.

Baby Lee
07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
So, you are obviously the big dick and the men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls: there are big brave balls, and there are little mincey phaggot balls.
Now, dicks have drive, and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And, you thought you smelled some good ol' pussy. And, have brought your two little mincey phaggot balls along for a good ol' time. But, you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You're shrinking . . . and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. And, the fact that you've got "replica" written down the side of your guns. And, the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point 5 0" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now . . . fark off.

SPchief
07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
:spock:

Adept Havelock
07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Nice idea for a gift. Google brought up these:

http://www.mtart.com/sales.htm

http://www.armchairgunshow.com/Engraved-Guns-for-sale.htm

http://www.dwharris.com/gun%20pictures/nav.htm

http://www.aaengraving.com/

http://www.dwharris.com/engraving.htm

Hope it helps.

bogie
07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
So, you are obviously the big dick and the men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls: there are big brave balls, and there are little mincey phaggot balls.
Now, dicks have drive, and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And, you thought you smelled some good ol' pussy. And, have brought your two little mincey phaggot balls along for a good ol' time. But, you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You're shrinking . . . and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. And, the fact that you've got "replica" written down the side of your guns. And, the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point 5 0" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now . . . fark off.

WOW. Sorry your witty intelligence is wasted on me. I have no doubt others will enjoy it though. That being said, you got any suggestions on a good pistol?

trndobrd
07-18-2007, 07:53 PM
you're allowed to have guns in California?

Seriously, just open up the phone book to "Gun Smithing" or "Guns". Most reputable shops that do their own work (not a pawn shop or retail only) should be able to do the work in house or point you in the right direction.

edit: You might want to look at a Ruger New Model Single Six. It's a very nice looking .22 revolver. Should be under $500 for the gun, some more for the engraving.

ClevelandBronco
07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Best Revolver ever...

Baby Lee
07-19-2007, 09:59 AM
WOW. Sorry your witty intelligence is wasted on me. I have no doubt others will enjoy it though. That being said, you got any suggestions on a good pistol?
Didn't mean to offend. It's a quote from the movie Snatch.
Three bumbling would be crooks take on a true badass with replica guns from their pawnshop. The badass is not moved. The 'dick' is the guy in the middle of the three [making all the threats] the 'balls' are his sidekicks.
When you referenced engraving the side of a pistol, it leapt to mind.

Skip Towne
07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I, too, like the Ruger Single Six. It comes with two cylinders which lets it shoot .22 magnums as well as standard .22 cartridges. I'd get the 6 1/2 " barrel.

Fire Me Boy!
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Chief Chief
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Since it sounds like he's a Father of the Year candidate, maybe you should send him off to Long Beach, California, with the following inscription on his revolver: "Exclusive Valet of the Latin Marijuana Smokers Gang".

Baby Lee
07-19-2007, 10:35 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Yah like dags??

StcChief
07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Best Revolver ever...
my thought when I saw thread....

go with SACD version and a DVD as well. much less than .22 gun.

but happiness is a warm gun don't you know.