PDA

View Full Version : Sean Sherk, Hermes Franca Both Fail UFC 73 Drug Tests

ArrowheadHawk
07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
link (http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/07/19/csac-sean-sherk-hermes-franca-both-fail-ufc-73-drug-tests/)

Wow that is amazing! Seems really, really, stupid to me

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-19-2007, 09:21 PM
link (http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/07/19/csac-sean-sherk-hermes-franca-both-fail-ufc-73-drug-tests/)

Wow that is amazing! Seems really, really, stupid to me
Wow!

Silock
07-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm shocked.

Fishpicker
07-19-2007, 10:22 PM
so, these are the 2nd and 3rd fighters to test positive while in UFC? The only other guy I remember getting outright busted was Josh Barnett. He hasnt fought in the UFC since.

Redcoats58
07-19-2007, 11:55 PM
so, these are the 2nd and 3rd fighters to test positive while in UFC? The only other guy I remember getting outright busted was Josh Barnett. He hasnt fought in the UFC since.

They are only able to test a few of the fighters, if they tested the whole card I would imagine they might have a big problem on their hands.

ArrowheadHawk
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
They are only able to test a few of the fighters, if they tested the whole card I would imagine they might have a big problem on their hands.
are you sure? I thought they tested all of the fighters that are on any given card.

keg in kc
07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Hasn't Tim Sylvia tested positive, as well?

ArrowheadHawk
07-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Hasn't Tim Sylvia tested positive, as well?
i believe he lost the belt because of it

Valiant
07-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Johny Morton.. lol

Easy 6
07-26-2007, 06:07 PM
A guy called "Muscle Shark" failed his test???

Whats this world coming to???

Mecca
07-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Barnetts done a ton of stuff over in the Japan market.......including the pro wrestling scene.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2007, 10:06 AM
i believe he lost the belt because of it

That is correct.

BTW that Sherk/Franca fight was really good. It was amazing the way Sherk kept passing the guard.

penguinz
07-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Anabolic steroids and only 155lbs? How damn small were they before?

Delano
07-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I didn't want to start another UFC thread so I just thought I'd mention it here.

The next couple of cards look FANTASTIC.

Randy Couture Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Josh Koscheck Vs. Georges St-Pierre
Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo

etc...

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2007, 10:58 AM
I didn't want to start another UFC thread so I just thought I'd mention it here.

The next couple of cards look FANTASTIC.

Randy Couture Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Josh Koscheck Vs. Georges St-Pierre
Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo

etc...

Great fights. I think Henderson has a real chance against Rampage and am hoping the odds heavily favor Quinton.

Lots of new leagues starting up as well. It's a great time for MMA. Almost seems too good to be true. Wish we hadn't lost PRIDE though.

El Jefe
07-27-2007, 10:58 AM
I will take in those fights.
1.Randy Couture
2.GSP
3.Are you kidding Dan Henderson is too old, he is tuff, but this is gonna be nasty IMO. Henderson did go to OHIO STATE (so never doubt a Buckeye).
4. Hamill is tuff but Bisping has a better all around game than Hamill, Hamill is by far better ground and pound. But Bisping is by far the better striker IMO.
5. Cro-Cop I will pick him because honestly I dont know much about Kongo, Cro-Cop did get dominated by Gonzaga though with that vicious head kick KO.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I will take in those fights.
1.Randy Couture
2.GSP
3.Are you kidding Dan Henderson is too old, he is tuff, but this is gonna be nasty IMO. Henderson did go to OHIO STATE (so never doubt a Buckeye).
4. Hamill is tuff but Bisping has a better all around game than Hamill, Hamill is by far better ground and pound. But Bisping is by far the better striker IMO.
5. Cro-Cop I will pick him because honestly I dont know much about Kongo, Cro-Cop did get dominated by Gonzaga though with that vicious head kick KO.

Hendersen is the type of fighter that could give Rampage problems. I want good odds though. I noticed you didn't hold age against Randy.

Word on Hamill is that his stand up has grown by leaps ans bounds since the UF. Some say so much so that it may well be his strength now. I highly doubt that but if his stand up is that much better he could provide big problems for Bisping. Looking for good odds again there.

I don't see Cro Cop losing again and agree that GSP will be too much for Koscheck.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2007, 11:38 AM
The one thing I will say about the Hamill/Bisping fight is Michael is a much tougher guy. Matt doesn't like being hit. I am pretty hesitant to bet on a guy like that.

Skip Towne
07-27-2007, 11:43 AM
So you can kick your opponent in the head but you can't take steroids?

El Jefe
07-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Hendersen is the type of fighter that could give Rampage problems. I want good odds though. I noticed you didn't hold age against Randy.

Word on Hamill is that his stand up has grown by leaps ans bounds since the UF. Some say so much so that it may well be his strength now. I highly doubt that but if his stand up is that much better he could provide big problems for Bisping. Looking for good odds again there.

I don't see Cro Cop losing again and agree that GSP will be too much for Koscheck.

I dont have the respect for Gonzaga like I did for Silva. I like Henderson but Rampage fought in pride as did Henderson, and IMO Henderson wouldnt of stood a chance against Liddell. (well anybody stands a chance)

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2007, 12:03 PM
I dont have the respect for Gonzaga like I did for Silva. I like Henderson but Rampage fought in pride as did Henderson, and IMO Henderson wouldnt of stood a chance against Liddell. (well anybody stands a chance)

Rampage matched up good with Liddell and he did what he needed to to get it to the ground. Henderson matches up good with Rampage. I think it will be a great fight. I want Henderson to win anyway. Don't count him out of this one.

BIG_DADDY
07-27-2007, 12:04 PM
BTW who's the chick with the black eyes?