PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports rankings the running backs...Chiefs are 10th?!?!?

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 02:21 PM
This is an outrage...and these guys are clueless.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7034516

10. Chiefs (5)

The argument will rage this season over whether Herman Edwards went too far in allowing Larry Johnson to carry 400 times last year. When Johnson comes out of the chute with a couple of typical performances, phrases like "gutty," "Superman," "trust the player," and "Herman Edwards knows best" may be haphazardly thrown around. Whether the next result is Johnson going down with an injury (disastrously leaving the feature back role to Michael Bennett), or just being shut down as he was in the Colts' first round playoff victory, there are some things we do know. When you carry that often (for no reason, we might add), you're going to pay for it. If not this season, then next. If not next season, then for the rest of your life. Herman Edwards does not know best; he does not even know second-best. He knows worst. The loss of Will Shields and the arrival of limited run-blocker Damion McIntosh at left tackle will also make the Chiefs' running backs numbers worse, :rolleyes: regardless of who's actually carrying the ball.

noa
07-20-2007, 02:23 PM
I think they also did a disservice to the Rams.

OnTheWarpath15
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM
IMO, Redskins, Cowboys and Vikings are too high.

Rams too low.

Bump the Chiefs up to around the 3-5 mark.

sedated
07-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Eagles 7th?!
Cowboys 9th?

weren't there rumors of the Cowboys trading for LJ because they were so disappointed with their RB's last year?

LOCOChief
07-20-2007, 02:33 PM
"Is the running back by committee a fad? "

Why yes it must be, its new, un tested the latest craze must be a fad. I can't believe this guy gets paid to write this worthless crap?

Smed1065
07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I knew LJ was not worth $25 million.

:)

Megbert
07-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I knew LJ was not worth $25 million.

:)
King Carl will have this article blown up to poster size and placed on his desk when chatting with LJ

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I call Bullshit!

Planetman
07-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Is this ranking pre or post LJ hold out?

ClevelandBronco
07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
They say they're ranking the RBs, but it looks like they're ranking the running game by team. That's a little different. Herm is an idiot and that's part of the problem with KC's running game. LJ is not the #10 RB, but the Chiefs' running game might be about there.

rageeumr
07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
They say they're ranking the RBs, but it looks like they're ranking the running game by team. That's a little different. Herm is an idiot and that's part of the problem with KC's running game. LJ is not the #10 RB, but the Chiefs' running game might be about there.

I agree. Don't say you're ranking the "Top RB's" and then list the coach and the o-line as deficiencies.

Chiefspants
07-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, LJ is at least in the top 10....imo

Oregon chief
07-20-2007, 03:35 PM
They really don't like Herm. It sounds more like that is the reason the chiefs were ranked 10.

Chief Chief
07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Uhmm..DUH..

I do beleevz it's the consensus and lament of Chiefs fans that Herm's offensive strategery is RUN-RUN-RUN-PUNT. Given dat and barring an excess of offensive penalties, dat would mean dat LJ ain't effective at runnin' the ball or, at least, the O-line ain't none too good at keepin' tacklers away from our main offensive star.

Oh..and..uh..by the way..who we got besides King Pink to carry the ball? Yuhp, Donnell Bennett had some good carries last year. But it don't look or sound like our O-line ain't got no better 'n what we had last year and DB's got another year on 'im.

Wurd to yur muthuh..

Chief Chief
07-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh yeah..don't get me started on #27's weaknesses in pass catching and pass blocking..

No..don't even..