PDA

View Full Version : 38 years ago today, Neil Armstrong sets foot on the moon

07-20-2007, 05:33 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mep__FM279Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mep__FM279Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UfMdhOQWLmo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UfMdhOQWLmo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Splat420
07-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Some people still say the whole thing was fake I'm not one of those people just saying.

percysnow
07-20-2007, 05:54 PM
and he beat cancer and he won a couple of tour de france. . is there anything this guy can't do????

BigMeatballDave
07-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't think it was a hoax, but I would not be surprised in the least if it were...

FAX
07-20-2007, 05:56 PM
They actually landed in Puerto Rico. One giant leap for mankindo.

FAX

Discuss Thrower
07-20-2007, 06:14 PM
And ever since then, it's been nothing but a downhill slide of Congressional namby-pamby bullsheet, the tragic loss of 14 astronauts on two occasions, and a horrible lack of ambition for further exploration aside from spamming robots that may or not be programmed in two different forms of measurement. The Chinese will have a moonbase and a manned mission to Mars and we won't even notice because we'll be too concerned with Paris Hilton's daughter getting her first DUI.

Way to go, NASA; Way to go USA

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Someone's verbs are a little tense.

Chiefspants
07-20-2007, 06:17 PM
I wonder why its taking so long to go back to the moon....2018 the next launch date? I think its real, but yeah, would not be surprised if it was a hoax.

stumppy
07-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Those guys were some brave SOBs'. Everything else aside, strapping themselves to a giant rocket and igniting it took some nads the size of grapefruit.

ROYC75
07-20-2007, 07:09 PM
WTF ? You mean we have landed on the moon ? :eek:

ChiefaRoo
07-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Now instead of having a permanent base on the moon we staple the shuttles blanket back together in low Earth orbit after spending a week at the ISS growing bean sprouts in a Zero G environment.

greg63
07-20-2007, 07:29 PM
That's great!....WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!!

greg63
07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Some people still say the whole thing was fake I'm not one of those people just saying.

All just a "Capricorn One" scam. :p

ChiefaRoo
07-21-2007, 09:14 PM
And ever since then, it's been nothing but a downhill slide of Congressional namby-pamby bullsheet, the tragic loss of 14 astronauts on two occasions, and a horrible lack of ambition for further exploration aside from spamming robots that may or not be programmed in two different forms of measurement. The Chinese will have a moonbase and a manned mission to Mars and we won't even notice because we'll be too concerned with Paris Hilton's daughter getting her first DUI.

The Chinese have a hard time building anything of quality. That being said NASA is to space as the post office is to speed and efficiency.

blueballs
07-21-2007, 09:19 PM
did they find oil

RJ
07-21-2007, 09:49 PM
I watched on a 13" B&W TV. All the lights in the house were off, there was just the flicker of that little television. I was in KC, KS, it was the last sumer I spent there. I remember all the windows being open and a breeze blowing. I remember being amazed.

FAX
07-21-2007, 09:59 PM
That's a very cool story, Mr. RJ. A very nice memory for you.

My family was poor so we didn't have a tv. We had to go out in the yard and stare at the moon through coke bottles. I got some in my eye.

FAX

mikey23545
07-21-2007, 10:12 PM
My God, not even 40 years after the event and already we have simpletons who doubt whether the moon landings actually took place or not.

I mean, of course it never happened! It was all filmed on the same sets used to fake those hoaky Holocaust concentration camp liberation scenes.

And the secret is kept by the same tight-lipped conspirators who have kept us in the dark about the man on the grassy knoll and GWB's planted explosives in the World Trade Center....

The future of this country is in deep doo-doo.

RJ
07-21-2007, 10:17 PM

My family was poor so we didn't have a tv. We had to go out in the yard and stare at the moon through coke bottles. I got some in my eye.

FAX

I remember those coke bottles. They were thick and very hard to see through, sort of like a kaleidoscope. Between the bottle and the coke in your eye it would have been hard to see those guys on the moon. That was truly poverty.

On a positive note, I remember getting a few pennies back on the deposits for those bottles. Sometimes I could collect enough of them that I could turn those deposits into a model WW II battleship. My favorite was the USS Missouri because I was born there and because my grandfather worked on it as an engineer after Pearl Harbor. It was purchased with soda bottle returns. I guess at the time I was "living large". Naturally, I have a lot more money and stuff now but I rarely have as much fun.

Smed1065
07-21-2007, 10:29 PM
John Goodman died? :(

Skip Towne
07-21-2007, 10:32 PM

FAX
Liar

chuxtrux
07-22-2007, 01:57 AM
the chiefs should play a preseason game on the moon, but of course carl won't allow it because he is all about the $. DAMNIT CARL!

Rain Man
07-22-2007, 11:47 AM
It's disappointing that we never made more use out of this. It's also intriguing to think what we could do now relative to the technology that was available then. It's incredible that they managed to accomplish that with the computers that they had back then.

Of course, the counterpoint is that that type of mission is as much about industry and building really big rockets and stuff as it is about computers. Maybe the 1960s was the perfect era to pull this off, when the U.S. was still an industrial power as well as technology leaders.

teedubya
07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
And Im sure the 'phonecall' that Nixon made to the astronauts on the moon was possible with 1969 technology.

We Soooooo didn't land on the moon in 1969.

Valiant
07-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Now instead of having a permanent base on the moon we staple the shuttles blanket back together in low Earth orbit after spending a week at the ISS growing bean sprouts in a Zero G environment.

I think you will see a private organization ala the private shuttle that flys rich people into space beat us back to the moon...

Valiant
07-22-2007, 12:19 PM
And Im sure the 'phonecall' that Nixon made to the astronauts on the moon was possible with 1969 technology.

You do know they have had basic flat panel monitors since the 60's right???

And lets not think they had radio signals to work with when talking back and forth..

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 01:30 PM
You do know they have had basic flat panel monitors since the 60's right???

And lets not think they had radio signals to work with when talking back and forth..

Ari knows nothing. He's a KU grad who majored in grab ass.

teedubya
07-22-2007, 01:38 PM
1. It would have been impossible for the astroNOTS to get from the Command Module to the Conical Space Capsule, as the heat shield would obtruct them.

2. 35 years ago, I read in a textbook from 1959 that the Van Allen Belts contained deadly radiation that would kill anything in them.

3. There isn't any gravity on the Moon, so time would stop flowing and create an oxbow lake.

4. Oxygen turns into a different kind of oxygen when it leaves the Earth's atmosphere, so you couldn't breathe it.

5. It's 250 degrees on the Moon, so the astronauts would melt. This is also why NASA is covering up liquid water on the Moon, since its wicked witch-like astronauts would obviously melt from the water.

6. If I take a thumbnail image from an Apollo mission and blow it up to 5000% in Photoshop I can see alien cities.

7. There are no stars in the photographs.

8. Apollo 24 was supposed to have a color TV camera, but the studio lost power, so there was no TV. NASA's "excuse" was that the camera was "accidentally pointed at the Sun", but everyone knows there is no Sun on the Moon, otherwise the sky wouldn't appear to be black.

9. Israel is always on the top of Apollo pictures of the Earth, proving the whole thing was faked not by NASA, but by the Mossad.

10. Israel is always missing or barely visible from Apollo pictures of the Earth, proving that the whole thing was faked not by the Mossad, but by NASA.

11. There's nothing for rockets to push against in space. I tried jumping in midair but I couldn't, proving that rockets couldn't move in space.

12. The Apollo Conical Space Capsule(tm) couldn't have carried enough fuel to continuosly fire the engine for all two weeks of the mission. Bill Kaysing realized this in 1910, but he was fired from his highly technical NASA job by evil agents of Richard L. Nixon.

13. The Saturn V booster was almost 800 feet high. Since the Moon has 9 less gravities than Earth, than we should multiply the booster's height by the reciprocal of the 9 gravities, or 1/9. So why wasn't the lunar module 88.888 feet high?

14. All the Apollo pictures were faked in Photoshop. Anyone who thinks otherwise has been brainwashed with mind-expanding drugs.

15. The Moon is so bright that it can blind you in a telescope if you don't project it onto a piece of paper. The astronauts would have been blinded orbiting the Moon. In fact, I took an image of the Moon into Photoshop and turned up the contrast, and the Moon turned pure white while the rest of the sky was pure black. This proves that the Moon is a perfect reflector that reflects 100% of the light it receives from the Sun.

16. I took a picture from the Apollo 11 "landing" movie and processed it for 12 hours, and eventually I found an alien civilization there.

17. The Soviets were going to tip the world off to the fake, but they got wheat at reduced prices, so they decided not to.

18. When Nixon proposed the lunar landing program, he didn't know that Bill Kaysing had already decided it was impossible. So he decided in 1965 behind closed doors in Washington to fake the program.

19. The Saturn V actually fell apart as it launched into space. Amateur videos concealed from NASA clearly show huge parts of the Saturn V falling off of the rest of it, proving that the Saturn V was not a real rocket, but rather a hastily constructed, flimsy one.

20. Top-secret video from the Department of Top-Secret Coverups, from a camera in one of the six engines of the Saturn V that, amazingly could survive the heat of the engine with alien technology, also shows pieces of the Saturn V falling off.

21. Tom Hanks was able to fake it. I couldn't tell the difference.

22. If Apollo 13 really exploded, the astronauts would have died.

23. Someone told me once that the lunar module should have created a crater underneath it. But someone else told me it didn't. So it couldn't have landed.

24. There's no air in space to hold the dust grains on the lunar surface apart, so it should have compacted into a hard, rough, hard material.

So those are my 25 unbeatable reasons. I know you "nutters" are going to try to "debunk" my reasons, but it's not possible. I've been researching this since last Tuesday night, and I heard that a self-taught physicist found out that the astroNOTS couldn't fit through the lunar module's hatch. So there. Ha.

mikey23545
07-22-2007, 01:39 PM

You don't think they had telephones and radio communications in the 1960's??!?!?!

Some of you incredibly arrogant little 20-somethings need to come to grips with the fact the world <i>did</i> exist before you were born....

teedubya
07-22-2007, 01:42 PM
some of you 60-somethings need to stop drinking the kool-aid.

Nixon and his administration was corrupt. They were losing the space race to Russia... in the Vietnam quagmire. They needed a USA Hooray, so they created one.

BTW, im mid-30s, non kool-aid drinker...

stevieray
07-22-2007, 01:49 PM
but everyone knows there is no Sun on the Moon, otherwise the sky wouldn't appear to be black.

This proves that the Moon is a perfect reflector that reflects 100% of the light it receives from the Sun.

puff puff pass...

07-22-2007, 01:53 PM
1. It would have been impossible for the astroNOTS to get from the Command Module to the Conical Space Capsule, as the heat shield would obtruct them.

2. 35 years ago, I read in a textbook from 1959 that the Van Allen Belts contained deadly radiation that would kill anything in them.

3. There isn't any gravity on the Moon, so time would stop flowing and create an oxbow lake.

4. Oxygen turns into a different kind of oxygen when it leaves the Earth's atmosphere, so you couldn't breathe it.

5. It's 250 degrees on the Moon, so the astronauts would melt. This is also why NASA is covering up liquid water on the Moon, since its wicked witch-like astronauts would obviously melt from the water.

6. If I take a thumbnail image from an Apollo mission and blow it up to 5000% in Photoshop I can see alien cities.

7. There are no stars in the photographs.

8. Apollo 24 was supposed to have a color TV camera, but the studio lost power, so there was no TV. NASA's "excuse" was that the camera was "accidentally pointed at the Sun", but everyone knows there is no Sun on the Moon, otherwise the sky wouldn't appear to be black.

9. Israel is always on the top of Apollo pictures of the Earth, proving the whole thing was faked not by NASA, but by the Mossad.

10. Israel is always missing or barely visible from Apollo pictures of the Earth, proving that the whole thing was faked not by the Mossad, but by NASA.

11. There's nothing for rockets to push against in space. I tried jumping in midair but I couldn't, proving that rockets couldn't move in space.

12. The Apollo Conical Space Capsule(tm) couldn't have carried enough fuel to continuosly fire the engine for all two weeks of the mission. Bill Kaysing realized this in 1910, but he was fired from his highly technical NASA job by evil agents of Richard L. Nixon.

13. The Saturn V booster was almost 800 feet high. Since the Moon has 9 less gravities than Earth, than we should multiply the booster's height by the reciprocal of the 9 gravities, or 1/9. So why wasn't the lunar module 88.888 feet high?

14. All the Apollo pictures were faked in Photoshop. Anyone who thinks otherwise has been brainwashed with mind-expanding drugs.

15. The Moon is so bright that it can blind you in a telescope if you don't project it onto a piece of paper. The astronauts would have been blinded orbiting the Moon. In fact, I took an image of the Moon into Photoshop and turned up the contrast, and the Moon turned pure white while the rest of the sky was pure black. This proves that the Moon is a perfect reflector that reflects 100% of the light it receives from the Sun.

16. I took a picture from the Apollo 11 "landing" movie and processed it for 12 hours, and eventually I found an alien civilization there.

17. The Soviets were going to tip the world off to the fake, but they got wheat at reduced prices, so they decided not to.

18. When Nixon proposed the lunar landing program, he didn't know that Bill Kaysing had already decided it was impossible. So he decided in 1965 behind closed doors in Washington to fake the program.

19. The Saturn V actually fell apart as it launched into space. Amateur videos concealed from NASA clearly show huge parts of the Saturn V falling off of the rest of it, proving that the Saturn V was not a real rocket, but rather a hastily constructed, flimsy one.

20. Top-secret video from the Department of Top-Secret Coverups, from a camera in one of the six engines of the Saturn V that, amazingly could survive the heat of the engine with alien technology, also shows pieces of the Saturn V falling off.

21. Tom Hanks was able to fake it. I couldn't tell the difference.

22. If Apollo 13 really exploded, the astronauts would have died.

23. Someone told me once that the lunar module should have created a crater underneath it. But someone else told me it didn't. So it couldn't have landed.

24. There's no air in space to hold the dust grains on the lunar surface apart, so it should have compacted into a hard, rough, hard material.

So those are my 25 unbeatable reasons. I know you "nutters" are going to try to "debunk" my reasons, but it's not possible. I've been researching this since last Tuesday night, and I heard that a self-taught physicist found out that the astroNOTS couldn't fit through the lunar module's hatch. So there. Ha.
LOL @ ARI

Ari, you know you're my boy..but this shit is hilarious! ROFL

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 02:46 PM
He's got to be joking. No one is this fooked up and still functions outside of the pajama room of the local psych ward.

teedubya
07-22-2007, 03:12 PM
puff puff pass...

thanks, its been awhile since the good shit has come around. heh.

btw, for those who it isn't obvious to, that was a paste from somewhere else on the intraweb.

What gets me, is when people blindly accept the official line. I ALWAYS question things. It is healthy to be somewhat skeptic. I ask the question, who has the most to gain from any situation?

When the citizens don't question those in power... their power will remain unquestioned. Liberties disappear.

We may have landed on the moon. But, I think that most generals and higher ups, would rather NOT risk losing face, after having an NASA launch explosion in 1967-ish. When Columbia blew up in 1986, they didnt launch again for 3+ years.

With Vietnam going on, the Russians making strong moves in the space race. I believe that to Nixon, it was easier to control a situation and use mass media to sell a big lie.

It is feasible, and most likely in 1969 .

And I do think that finally, we got a ship to the moon in the mid 1970's.

I'm not saying we NEVER landed on the moon yet. I'm saying they didn't land in July 1969.

If you go through life without questioning things, you are a blind naive follower, and really needs to wake up.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Keep backpeddling Ari. You've managed to come back from complete paranoid tard, to mental midget. I think with a little more sense thrown into your next post you might bump your credibility up to dipshit.

What I really fear is your next post is going to tell me that airplanes don't exist because there is not enough air to breathe above 14,000 ft. therefore the airline industry is just a giant figment of our imagination and NYC and LA are only 4 hours apart ...... by car.

Skip Towne
07-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Ari, would you like to buy a monkey?

Valiant
07-22-2007, 03:28 PM
thanks, its been awhile since the good shit has come around. heh.

btw, for those who it isn't obvious to, that was a paste from somewhere else on the intraweb.

What gets me, is when people blindly accept the official line. I ALWAYS question things. It is healthy to be somewhat skeptic. I ask the question, who has the most to gain from any situation?

When the citizens don't question those in power... their power will remain unquestioned. Liberties disappear.

We may have landed on the moon. But, I think that most generals and higher ups, would rather NOT risk losing face, after having an NASA launch explosion in 1967-ish. When Columbia blew up in 1986, they didnt launch again for 3+ years.

With Vietnam going on, the Russians making strong moves in the space race. I believe that to Nixon, it was easier to control a situation and use mass media to sell a big lie.

It is feasible, and most likely in 1969 .

And I do think that finally, we got a ship to the moon in the mid 1970's.

I'm not saying we NEVER landed on the moon yet. I'm saying they didn't land in July 1969.

If you go through life without questioning things, you are a blind naive follower, and really needs to wake up.

That is fine to be a skeptic, but by your logic we would have had tons of death bed confessions of this hoax by at least a few people.. If we had google moon this would be all settled...

Stewie
07-22-2007, 03:34 PM
If we didn't land on the moon how did the mirrors get put in place that we bounce lasers against to track earth/moon distances?

Hammock Parties
07-22-2007, 03:35 PM

I tend to agree with you, because the vast majority of americans are way too damned concerned with dumbasses like Paris Hilton. People need to be more worldly, because many different countries are now passing us up on many different things we should be #1 at, like our aeronautics program.

This country is way too intrensic...

Skip Towne
07-22-2007, 03:56 PM
I've never seen a moon rock. Where are they kept?

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 04:02 PM
If we didn't land on the moon how did the mirrors get put in place that we bounce lasers against to track earth/moon distances?

Obviously, that has been done by the super advanced aliens that tell our leaders what to do and control our very existance like a lab experiment

Sincerely,

Aridumbass - KU Fan

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 04:04 PM

Some are at the Smithsonian in DC. But I'm sure they are all fake and are from mine in Colorado.

Valiant
07-22-2007, 04:11 PM

In a moon safe???

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 04:11 PM
In a moon safe???

Right next to the moon boots.

Chief Chief
07-22-2007, 04:34 PM
So what's the point of going to the moon again? We know there's no oil, water, or other resources up there which are worth going up there to collect and haul back here. What's NASA annual budget? What would we be able to better spend that money on? There's ginormous amounts of untapped resources in our oceans which wouldn't cost nearly the amount of a single launch of a rocket just to send 2 people up in space to install a Russian-built $19 million dollar toilet system on the ISS. Yes, that's a true fact: Our government paid the Russkies $19 million dollars just so Major Astro can sit on the throne of a luxurious restroom instead of crapping in his pants like his predecessors have successfully done for decades before him. Just think: If CP had his hands on that amount of money, LJ would still turn down his offer!

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I tend to agree with you, because the vast majority of americans are way too damned concerned with dumbasses like Paris Hilton. People need to be more worldly, because many different countries are now passing us up on many different things we should be #1 at, like our aeronautics program.

This country is way too intrensic...

Good Gawd another KU moron. Give me one example where other countries have passed the US in Aeronautics or Space exploration?

I'll give you several examples where they haven't

1) The USA fields the best Air Force in the world. The F-22 and F-35 with all it's variants (including vertical take off and landing) will further that lead and when combined with the USAs unrivaled communications capability will sustain our monopoly of military air power.

2) The USA has a robust Space lift capability and eventhough the white elephant shuttle has sucked too much money from the Govt. teat it still is the ONLY shuttle available in the world. The upcoming Orion rockets and our current probes on the books will only further our lead.

3) Our satellites are the most sophisticated and capable in the world. We created the GPS system you goofy gheyhawk.

4) The Boeing 787 Dreamliner in the most successul design launch of any airlplane in history due to advancements in composite materials which were invented and put to practical use by the US. Meanwhile the Airbus company can't produce their Jumbo ontime and have cost themselves Billions in profit in delays. Further, it's questionable if the Jumbo will ever pay for itself.

I could go on and on but I've already crushed you with my superior facts, intellect and looks and to stomp you further would just be piling on. Go back to school and this time learn something.

Rain Man
07-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Keep backpeddling Ari. You've managed to come back from complete paranoid tard, to mental midget. I think with a little more sense thrown into your next post you might bump your credibility up to dipshit.

What I really fear is your next post is going to tell me that airplanes don't exist because there is not enough air to breathe above 14,000 ft. therefore the airline industry is just a giant figment of our imagination and NYC and LA are only 4 hours apart ...... by car.

There's actually a perfectly logical explanation for that. Instead of the landing gear retracting upon "takeoff", they're really just extending to a length of 32,000 feet, and then you drive there.