PDA

View Full Version : Fans in line with LJ

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/197684.html

Fans in line with LJ
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

His threat to hold out has yet to harm Larry Johnson’s popularity, judging from the crowd of autograph seekers at Thursday’s promotional appearance at a Johnson County electronics store.

They were lined up around the massive building in wait for his signature, indicating the masses just might be rooting for Johnson in his drive for a contract extension from the Chiefs.

“I’m on Larry’s side,” said Van Torian of Overland Park. “I think the Chiefs should sign him. He’s sacrificed. It’s time for them to take care of him. He’s taken a beating for them.

“A holdout wouldn’t bother me. He doesn’t need as many carries as a rookie coming in. If he holds out a couple of weeks or so, that’s OK.”

A change of heart by the fans is something that wouldn’t necessarily bother Johnson, who has never been shy about going his own way.

“I’m not here,” he said in typical style, “for a popularity contest.”

Johnson wouldn’t answer definitively whether he would stay away from Chiefs training camp when it begins next week if he doesn’t receive his contract extension. But when asked where he’ll be if he’s not at camp in Wisconsin, Johnson said, “You won’t be able to find me.”

KcMizzou
07-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm convinced LJ will get his contract just in time to get a tune-up game in, and be ready to go for game 1.

Splat420
07-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Pay the man there are back up RB's getting more then him.

KcMizzou
07-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Pay the man there are back up RB's getting more then him.Oh, they're willing to pay him... and I'm sure they agree he's underpaid as things stand.

Giving him what he wants is the issue.

That said... my first post still stands.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 06:44 PM
It's nice to see the real fans behind LJ. They know who butters their bread, and it sure ain't Carl.

Skip Towne
07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Trade him. I read on here he is practically an invalid from all those carries.

ArrowheadHawk
07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
this offseason stuff sucks im ready for next month so i can watch some football

Chiefspants
07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
He needs to relax his demands, no one would sign him that long, or for that much.

KcMizzou
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Trade him. I read on here he is practically an invalid from all those carries.Heheh.

Eric Dickerson disagrees. Heard him on Petro's show today. Petro asked what RB's he'd pay to watch... he said LT and LJ.

Splat420
07-20-2007, 07:07 PM
He needs to relax his demands, no one would sign him that long, or for that much.

SF made Nate Clements the highest pain CB ever to play the game and he is not even the best CB playing right now someone would give him the crazy money he wants just not us.

DaFace
07-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Quit spamming the board with this WPI crap.

Oh, wait...

greg63
07-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Pay the man there are back up RB's getting more then him.

Trade him. I read on here he is practically an invalid from all those carries.

Agreed on both; pay him or trade him.

Chief Roundup
07-20-2007, 07:32 PM
I really would like to see us keep LJ but not for the money and years that I have heard. If he is going to get 10 mil a year average and 30 mil guaranteed type of money I would rather trade him. It is just too much for someone with the miles that he has and not to mention he is 27.

Crashride
07-20-2007, 08:13 PM
hes played one full season. to top it off he only played his seinor year in both high school and college. Hes right on track with carries if not less than where he should be. Pay the freaking man already

Mecca
07-20-2007, 08:19 PM
hes played one full season. to top it off he only played his seinor year in both high school and college. Hes right on track with carries if not less than where he should be. Pay the freaking man already

See that argument doesn't work...because a guy doesn't play for a year doesn't mean you get to double his carries. It's the extreme amount of carries in a short time that shorten careers and that is what is happening.....

The reason a guy like Nate Clements gets paid is because he'll likely play out that contract....LJ will be lucky to make half of 7 years.

HonestChieffan
07-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Too bad the guy cant behave and act like a gentleman. The gangsta crap wore thin really fast. Down the road...he needs to be...

KcMizzou
07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Too bad the guy cant behave and act like a gentleman. The gangsta crap wore thin really fast. Down the road...he needs to be...How has LJ acted like a "gangsta" since he's been a Chief?

I can understand how the things he's said can rub people the wrong way, he's opinionated, and he doesn't hold much back. But, it's not like we're dealing with a "thug" here.

LJ strikes me as a very intelligent guy. Asshole? That's up for you decide... but he's no "gangsta", "thug"... or whatever you're getting at.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Too bad the guy cant behave and act like a gentleman.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9986/60e24527ddae4d30809edd6fz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KcMizzou
07-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Personally, I like a guy who says what's really on his mind. I've heard enough bullshit interviews and coachspeak.

I'm not saying LJ's a saint, I'm just saying it's a bit refreshing.

HonestChieffan
07-20-2007, 08:35 PM
No comparison on the man Ladanian vs the boy LJ.

One has values.

KcMizzou
07-20-2007, 08:38 PM

One has values.That wasn't what I asked.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 08:41 PM

One has values.

Gimme a friggin' break.

When have you EVER seen LJ pull a stunt like LT did at the end of the playoff game last year? How about NEVER.

Mecca
07-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Eh, LT had a right to be pissed about that.

Silock
07-21-2007, 04:31 AM

LOL Bullshit

KcMizzou
07-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Sticky?

old_geezer
07-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Sticky?

Agreed; what makes this a "sticky"?

Nevermind - looks like someone got pissed off.

blueballs
07-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I command
this thread to be
unstickied

and take away the
thread starter's jello pudding

BigMeatballDave
07-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:

Brock
07-21-2007, 10:00 AM

He didn't act "pissed", he acted like a girl with a skinned knee.

Buzzsaw
07-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Gimme a friggin' break.

When have you EVER seen LJ pull a stunt like LT did at the end of the playoff game last year? How about NEVER.

Didn't Johnson rip Herm's game plan to the media after the Indy game? Lighting up your coach to the public (even if it's the truth) is never a good thing IMO, wouldn't you agree?