PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Turley to sign?

rtmike
07-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I searched and couldn't find anything on this which I find unusual for around here. So if it's a repost I apologize and MODS please delete. Turley did an interview saying he was getting ready to resign?

http://www.hardcoresportsradio.com/blog/?id=/2007/07/kyle_turley_ann.xml

Kyle Turley Announces that he will sign with the Kansas Chiefs on Hardcore Sports Radio
Posted by Aaron Bronsteter

In one of the most hardcore interviews that have appeared on Hardcore Sports Radio, Kyle Turley announced that he would sign a contract on Friday morning with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Click here to check out the interview in full.

Turley also had some choice words about Mike Martz and if you are interested in hearing an athlete who absolutely tells it like it is and perpetuates what Hardcore Sports Radio is about, this is not to be missed.

Today, Hardcore Sports Radio was the first radio station to break that Sean Sherk and Hermes Franca were tested positive for steroids this afternoon and in the evening, more breaking news with the Turley signing.

Chiefspants
07-20-2007, 07:34 PM
WAHOOOO!! OUR LINE IS SAVED

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 07:34 PM
This is awesome. Very nice depth signing.

greg63
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Good 'Ol turnstile Turley???

Oh joy! :shake:

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Good 'Ol turnstile Turley???

Oh joy! :shake:

Turley was never a turnstile last year. He got run over a few times and couldn't stay healthy, but that's it.

Huffman83
07-20-2007, 07:45 PM
My question is did he really hit the gym and put on another 15-20 lbs?

greg63
07-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Turley was never a turnstile last year. He got run over a few times and couldn't stay healthy, but that's it.

...Quite a few times as I recall; it's hard for me to optimistic about him. I hope he proves me wrong.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 07:52 PM
...Quite a few times as I recall; it's hard for me to optimistic about him. I hope he proves me wrong.

He's gained like 30 pounds.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
This was published last month...Warpaint, as usual, ahead of the curve. :D

Five Reasons To Give Turley Another Shot (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/653990.html)

greg63
07-20-2007, 07:55 PM

That's good; he'll need 'em. Don't get me wrong I hope he can regain some semblance of his former self; I'll just need to see it to believe it.

greg63
07-20-2007, 07:57 PM

Five Reasons To Give Turley Another Shot (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/653990.html)

Yeah I had heard that he was working out in KC; had just never put much stock in him ever returning.

Huffman83
07-20-2007, 07:58 PM

Unfortunately, no warpaint subscription. Though I'm fully aware the article exists, and I do want it to work...just because I like the guys general attitude (or attitude problem).

I know it's been rumored that he's put on some playing weight. But I dunno. We'll see.

Mecca
07-20-2007, 08:00 PM

So is that fat weight by eating a ton of cheeseburgers or muscle weight that is roid attributed....

It's impossible to put on 30lbs of muscle weight in a year let alone 6 months, naturally.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 08:01 PM
So is that fat weight by eating a ton of cheeseburgers or muscle weight that is roid attributed....

It's impossible to put on 30lbs of muscle weight in a year let alone 6 months, naturally.

I guess it depends on what he was truly playing at last year. He's supposed to be up to 302 pounds. Of course if he started last offseason at 265 and has been slowly working his way back up, I think that's feasible, don't you? He was supposed to be gaining weight all through the regular season.

greg63
07-20-2007, 08:04 PM

If I were a betting man I'd probably go with the cheeseburgers, but time will tell when he wobbles out on the field. LOL!

Huffman83
07-20-2007, 08:04 PM
I guess it depends on what he was truly playing at last year. He's supposed to be up to 302 pounds. Of course if he started last offseason at 265 and has been slowly working his way back up, I think that's feasible, don't you? He was supposed to be gaining weight all through the regular season.

It makes sense, I understood when he first came back into the league he was going for a blocking TE spot. Then he had to become a LT/RT again w/ KC. He may have been hurt a good portion of the time, but that doesn't mean he wasn't still hitting the weights he could hit.

It sucks the guy is injury prone though.

Mecca
07-20-2007, 08:11 PM

Depends what kind of weight it is in all honesty.....if it's mostly just "weight" as in any weight including not all "good weight" and includes fat sure then it's possible.

It's impossible to gain 20lbs of muscle in a year naturally...in 6 months at his age naturally he could probably gain 5-7lbs of muscle and that's at extremely hard work levels at the very top of the gain chart.

Or he found some clear and wala......All well either way the weights there who cares.

Brianfo
07-20-2007, 08:35 PM

I have seen guys playing football and training put on 50# in a year training like these guys do. Quit talking out of your ass. 30# in a year is a piece of cake if you are training hard. I'm not saying the guy is not on roids, but post with some intellegence.

Mecca
07-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Go talk to a trainer about what's possible and not possible.....50lbs of muscle weight in a year is impossible without steroids.

Brianfo
07-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Go talk to a trainer about what's possible and not possible.....50lbs of muscle weight in a year is impossible without steroids.

You said 30# in your original post. Have you ever lifted weights in your life? You were probably the water boy, or could you lift the water bottle??

Mecca
07-20-2007, 08:57 PM
And you said you could put on 50 in a year which is impossible.......30 is basically also impossible naturally.

BigRock
07-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Man, Turley rips Vick a new one. Possibly more than one.

Dunit35
07-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Depends what kind of weight it is in all honesty.....if it's mostly just "weight" as in any weight including not all "good weight" and includes fat sure then it's possible.

It's impossible to gain 20lbs of muscle in a year naturally...in 6 months at his age naturally he could probably gain 5-7lbs of muscle and that's at extremely hard work levels at the very top of the gain chart.

Or he found some clear and wala......All well either way the weights there who cares.

It is possible to gain 30 pounds of muscle in a year. I gained 25 pounds in a high school football training program. He's got professional trainers, I'm sure he gained it legally.

Mecca
07-20-2007, 09:45 PM
It is possible to gain 30 pounds of muscle in a year. I gained 25 pounds in a high school football training program. He's got professional trainers, I'm sure he gained it legally.

You weren't over 30 years of age at the time.......a younger male has a higher level of HGH and Testosterone in the system naturally.....30 in a year even for someone in the prime of years and working out is extremely rare and very very difficult to do.

I don't believe a 30 year old man can gain 30lbs of muscle weight in 6 months......I don't believe he could do it in a year.

The Franchise
07-20-2007, 10:03 PM
How about 15 pounds of muscle and 15 pounds of fat? That settle the argument and make everyone happy?

RustShack
07-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I think he is alot better at RT than he is at LT, and I think he would be a slight upgrade over Terry. Either way I am confident in both players to start and I really like the move incase one of them gets hurt. I think Turley should be the starter at RT this year.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I think Turley should be the starter at RT this year.

Terry > Turley. The Chiefs just want some depth. And maybe a blocking TE since Dunn is done.

ptlyon
07-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh please, for the love of baby seals, PLLLLLLLLEEEEASE let this happen.

We need camp fodder.

Rain Man
07-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Cripes, about five years ago I went on a big exercise and diet tear, and I bet I picked up at least 15 pounds of muscle while working full-time. A person who is doing nothing but working out could easily pick up 30, I would think.

ptlyon
07-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Cripes, about five years ago I went on a big exercise and diet tear, and I bet I picked up at least 15 pounds of muscle while working full-time. A person who is doing nothing but working out could easily pick up 30, I would think.

Rebuilding your kitchen?

Rain Man
07-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Rebuilding your kitchen?

I was rebuilding the temple that is my body. At one point, I saw a person I hadn't seen for a year or two, and they commented on my new musculature. I have never had musculature. Ever.

Cripes. I really need to start doing that again.

ptlyon
07-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I was rebuilding the temple that is my body. At one point, I saw a person I hadn't seen for a year or two, and they commented on my new musculature. I have never had musculature. Ever.

Cripes. I really need to start doing that again.

Doing what? Body building or start re-reading your "word of the month" calendar?

Rain Man
07-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Doing what? Body building or start re-reading your "word of the month" calendar?

I was pumping iron, man. Pumping iron. And running. And eating food that had no taste. I was Arnold Woosenegger. I was David Boston without the enlarged heart and small testes. I was a Steelers lineman without the dementia. I was a lean, mean, fighting machine.

ptlyon
07-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I was pumping iron, man. Pumping iron. And running. And eating food that had no taste. I was Arnold Woosenegger. I was David Boston without the enlarged heart and small testes. I was a Steelers lineman without the dementia. I was a lean, mean, fighting machine.

"Please come to Boston for the springtime..."

P.S. You used "I" in 5 of the 8 sentences of that paragraph. A little up on ourself maybe? :) j/k Kev

Direckshun
07-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I simply can't see the use of this signing.

Turley's not durable enough to prove he should start. Terry's durable enough to play the whole season, and if he goes down I think we'd be better served giving one of our young guys time (Svitek, Sampson, Taylor, or Pruneda) than putting in a veteran guy who hasn't proven his durability, and yet another old guy in the twilight of his career.

I'd be open-minded to him competing in camp, but I would seriously prefer he not make the team.

TinyEvel
07-20-2007, 11:01 PM
WHere's that thread that somoeone posted a while ago "Hypothetically" stating "What if, Turley came back 30 lbs heavier and ready to play"

milkman
07-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I simply can't see the use of this signing.

Turley's not durable enough to prove he should start. Terry's durable enough to play the whole season, and if he goes down I think we'd be better served giving one of our young guys time (Svitek, Sampson, Taylor, or Pruneda) than putting in a veteran guy who hasn't proven his durability, and yet another old guy in the twilight of his career.

I'd be open-minded to him competing in camp, but I would seriously prefer he not make the team.

I would not even be interested in signing him.

Direckshun
07-20-2007, 11:05 PM
That was my thread. ChiefsPlanet was divided on the subject.

Found it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164993

Rain Man
07-20-2007, 11:10 PM
"Please come to Boston for the springtime..."

P.S. You used "I" in 5 of the 8 sentences of that paragraph. A little up on ourself maybe? :) j/k Kev

Sorry. It was the testosterone talking.

BIG K
07-20-2007, 11:15 PM
And maybe a blocking TE since Dunn is done.

I asked a couple of weeks ago about Dunn's status and heard he was returning... Since when is Dunn done? If true, Turley may be a good claim. Wasn't he originally signed as a T.E. by the Chiefs?

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I asked a couple of weeks ago about Dunn's status and heard he was returning... Since when is Dunn done? If true, Turley may be a good claim. Wasn't he originally signed as a T.E. by the Chiefs?

Something like that. Dunn had a couple back surgeries or something this offseason. He's not in great shape from what I've heard. And I know someone who actually KNOWS the guy. I'll be surprised if he makes it through TC.

TinyEvel
07-20-2007, 11:17 PM
That was my thread. ChiefsPlanet was divided on the subject.

Found it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164993

Right, right. So, what do you know? Have you an inside track or something?

BIG K
07-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Something like that. Dunn had a couple back surgeries or something this offseason. He's not in great shape from what I've heard. And I know someone who actually KNOWS the guy. I'll be surprised if he makes it through TC.

Fair enough, thanks for the 411. Like I said a couple of weeks ago, when the Chiefs signed Dunn originally, they only expected 1 or two years out of him cause of his knees...(IIRC) That was like 20 years ago..... :)

Direckshun
07-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Right, right. So, what do you know? Have you an inside track or something?
No inside tracks. I just listen to the same buzz you do.

There was buzz at the time I made that thread that he had worked out for the Chiefs, that he was over 300, and that he was working out exclusively for OT.

BIG K
07-20-2007, 11:31 PM
There was buzz at the time I made that thread that he had worked out for the Chiefs, that he was over 300, and that he was working out exclusively for OT.

A retro 300 pound Turley that is healthy would be a monster addition to any team....If he can regain 50% of his power and agility of his prime, he would be an incredible addition to the Chiefs O-Line....

Prolly a pipe dream on my part though....

Direckshun
07-20-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry, but we've been burnt by his lack of durability.

Between him and Sampson getting injured, and Terry and Welbourn returning to football, RT was a mess last season. Talent should matter the most, but durability is extremely important for this offensive line -- Terry's proven that he's very durable. I don't see any reason to put Turley on the team.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't see any reason to put Turley on the team.

Not even as a backup? I think he'd be good in spot duty if Terry got nicked.

BIG K
07-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Not even as a backup? I think he'd be good in spot duty if Terry got nicked.

My thoughts exactly. It's not like the Chiefs have a deep vetran line...I'm all for the youngsters playin'. Nice to have some 'possible' powerful vetran players just in case...

TinyEvel
07-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, he said he'd sign Friday morning and there's no post on KCCHIEFS.COM. And, of course they are the definitive resource for up-to-date Chiefs infromation. (GoChiefs WPI rebuttal in 5..4..3...2..)

Direckshun
07-21-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.deadspin.com/images/2006/05/kyleturley.jpg

"Sign me. I literally have no where else to go."

milkman
07-21-2007, 12:09 AM
My thoughts exactly. It's not like the Chiefs have a deep vetran line...I'm all for the youngsters playin'. Nice to have some 'possible' powerful vetran players just in case...

You sign experienced veteran backups on the O-Line if you think you have a legitimate shot at a real playoff run.

If you don't, you stick with young guys and try to develop them.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere, so there's no benefit in signing a washed up vet like Turley.

Hammock Parties
07-21-2007, 12:11 AM
You sign experienced veteran backups on the O-Line if you think you have a legitimate shot at a real playoff run.

Evidently the Chiefs think they do. That's Herm! :shrug:

milkman
07-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Evidently the Chiefs think they do. That's Herm! :shrug:

Yeah, well you know what I think of Herman ****ing Edwards.

BIG K
07-21-2007, 12:32 AM

If you don't, you stick with young guys and try to develop them.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere, so there's no benefit in signing a washed up vet like Turley.

Hmmm....

So my friend, you think after 18 years C.P. is in total rebuild mode? At no point since I have watched the Chiefs, which I admit is very short compared to you, have I ever gotten the impression from C.P. or the staff, that they (The Chief's) did not feel they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

I agree with your point but, The Chief's under C.P or even Herman *******edwards, will never completly rebuild with youth....Not gonna happen...They are too proud for that...

P.S- You like my run on sentences? :p

RustShack
07-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Turley said he wants to sign with a team that will start him at RT, chances are that if the Chiefs are signing him they must plan on him starting. Terry is a vetran and IF Turley does get hurt he can step into the line up no problems. I didn't like Turley at LT, but he is back up to 302 pounds now and I think he is a much better RT. McIntosh Waters Weigmann Welborn Turley- sounds great to me.

StcChief
07-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Vet min let him give it one more shot at ~300 lbs.

blueballs
07-21-2007, 08:14 AM
I command
this thread to be
unstickied

and shoved up Karl Rove's ass

BigMeatballDave
07-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky: Sticky:

milkman
07-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Hmmm....

So my friend, you think after 18 years C.P. is in total rebuild mode? At no point since I have watched the Chiefs, which I admit is very short compared to you, have I ever gotten the impression from C.P. or the staff, that they (The Chief's) did not feel they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

I agree with your point but, The Chief's under C.P or even Herman *******edwards, will never completly rebuild with youth....Not gonna happen...They are too proud for that...

P.S- You like my run on sentences? :p

You have vets in place on the O-Line, with Terry, McIntosh, Waters, Wellbourne and Wiegman, as wel as Bober.

Turley is a shell of his former self, and with his back issues, he isn't likley to hold up.

So spending money on him is a waste of money, IMO.

Let the young guys develop and find out what you have so that we know exactly what are needs are in the next offseason.

Carl isn't in rebuild mode, but he is retooling, and signing Turley is simply counterproductive in that effort.

el borracho
07-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, hopefully he can instill some of his mean-streak in some of the young guys before his back breaks again and we cut him.

FAX
07-21-2007, 01:48 PM
What a great interview.

FAX

Spicy McHaggis
07-21-2007, 01:58 PM
He's been working out with Welbourne's trainer.

RustShack
07-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Does that mean we will have a roided right side?

BigRock
07-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Let the young guys develop and find out what you have so that we know exactly what are needs are in the next offseason.

Carl isn't in rebuild mode, but he is retooling, and signing Turley is simply counterproductive in that effort.
But the main young guy they want to see develop is Brodie Croyle. In the event of an injury, I don't think they're going to throw young offensive linemen out there to "see what they've got" if it means that Croyle won't be protected as well. Turley's a decent second option if a starter goes down and they want to keep Brodie off the turf as much as possible.

milkman
07-21-2007, 04:56 PM
But the main young guy they want to see develop is Brodie Croyle. In the event of an injury, I don't think they're going to throw young offensive linemen out there to "see what they've got" if it means that Croyle won't be protected as well. Turley's a decent second option if a starter goes down and they want to keep Brodie off the turf as much as possible.

Yeah, he's a decent second option in that scenario, except of course for the fact that his back will be lucky to hold up for a game or two, in which case you'll be stuck with some (other) scrub off the scrap heap "protecting" Croyle.

Rasputin
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I read in the KC star today that Kyle Turkey is a Chief.
And I don't think this is a good move exept for just to use him as a dumby bag in TC.

:shake: he should have just stayed retired imo. What good is he going to be??? Just plain stupid. This is jus fn dumb. He is going to get his asss kicked then start resorting to his cheatin ways. One of the dirtiest players.

IF he doe's even fairly good, then I will eat my words. I think he sucks.

I bet he doesn't make the finall cut

ChiefaRoo
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
I read in the KC star today that Kyle Turkey is a Chief.
And I don't think this is a good move exept for just to use him as a dumby bag in TC.

:shake: he should have just stayed retired imo. What good is he going to be??? Just plain stupid. This is jus fn dumb. He is going to get his asss kicked then start resorting to his cheatin ways. One of the dirtiest players.

IF he doe's even fairly good, then I will eat my words. I think he sucks.

I bet he doesn't make the finall cut

You ought to change your name to SlingbladefromSalina. You write like you just ate a tray of retard sandwiches. Either that or move to Tulsa.

Hammock Parties
07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I bet he wouldn't call him "Kyle Turkey" to his face.

Skip Towne
07-21-2007, 08:39 PM
You ought to change your name to SlingbladefromSalina. You write like you just ate a tray of retard sandwiches. Either that or move to Tulsa.
I can see why you want to get him out of Whitchita.

ChiefaRoo
07-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I can see why you want to get him out of Whitchita.

Quit agreeing with me Skip. I don't like it ;)

Rasputin
07-21-2007, 08:59 PM

Excuse me did I ever insult you on hear?? I don't think so, I am verry new at this. I have 60 post to your 2'000, Give me a break.

No, I would't call Kyle Turley a "Turkey" to his face.
If he works out for the Chiefs then I will have a change of heart for him and I still wish him the best but at this point I don't think he is going to make the team after training camp, he could prove me wrong and I would be ok with that as long as he does a good job.

Why do people try to stur up Sh!t around hear :shrug:

milkman
07-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Excuse me did I ever insult you on hear?? I don't think so, I am verry new at this. I have 60 post to your 2'000, Give me a break.

No, I would't call Kyle Turley a "Turkey" to his face.
If he works out for the Chiefs then I will have a change of heart for him and I still wish him the best but at this point I don't think he is going to make the team after training camp, he could prove me wrong and I would be ok with that as long as he does a good job.

Why do people try to stur up Sh!t around hear :shrug:

It's what we do.

If you have a tendency to write poorly, misspell or misuse words, then you are really open game.

For example the bolded word is incorrect.

The question is, do you know why?

bringbackmarty
07-21-2007, 11:56 PM
omg it's not funny, you here me? I said do ya HERE me tawlkin toyuh?

Rasputin
07-22-2007, 08:15 AM
It's what we do.

If you have a tendency to write poorly, misspell or misuse words, then you are really open game.

For example the bolded word is incorrect.

The question is, do you know why?

I get it! Here is the problem, I am a product of teachers just passing me each year letting me get by with Cs and Ds. I don't expect my grammer or spelling is going to get much better.
But that's not the worst of it.

No it's not...

I NEVER LERNED HOW TO READ!!!
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: