PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning question

Bowser
07-21-2007, 09:15 PM
OK, I'm having a bit of trouble with the A/C. It's working fine, but for some reason, I'm getting runoff out of the unit, down my stairs, and into the basement. The water is coming out of a hole that has never leaked (to my knowledge) before. I already have two runoff lines coming out of the thing and into a drain in the laundry room. Is it as simple as my runoff lines are clogged and the condensation is coming out of an extra hole, or is there something wrong with the A/C internally?

Skip Towne
07-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Sounds like clogged drain lines.

Simplex3
07-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Ditto the Skip-ster.

Phobia
07-21-2007, 09:20 PM
You should really finish that basement. That way you could cash a giant insurance check each time you had flooding.

Bowser
07-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Hopefully, it's as easy as the lines. I'll run to Lowe's first thing tomorrow and pick up some new tubing. I was worried that something might have popped loose inside the thing.

You really should finish that basement.Any year now......That way you could cash a giant insurance check each time you had a flooding. Hell, I might just give it a shot. It's got to have a better payoff than playing powerball.

Bowser
07-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Is that what the purpose of the third runoff hole is? Just in case the other two are clogge, kind of like an emergency relief valve?

Skip Towne
07-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Is that what the purpose of the third runoff hole is? Just in case the other two are clogge, kind of like an emergency relief valve?
Yes. It has to go somewhere.