PDA

View Full Version : ISP/Cable/Satellite

Sure-Oz
07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Where is a place to find a good deal on Satellite/cable/internet packages?

My gf and I are moving up north kc area and are wondering what is supported out there, i heard TW cable is for sure, but what would be the best option for cable/internet, getting on with yahoo dsl/dish i guess, twc and their dsl or DTV(which i dont know if it has internet) as a package, because we want HD channels as well.

ex: like cashback or rebates, or reduced rate for a few months etc.

Thanks!

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-23-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't know. And why am I replying if I don't know?

Sure-Oz
07-23-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't know. And why am I replying if I don't know?
You gave an effort, that's all that matters. :)

BigRedChief
07-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Satelitte for an ISP is going to suck. TW/Cable is the best ISP.

Entertainment programming is about the same cost no matter whether you chose cable or the dish. You will get people that say cable sucks and people that say the dish sucks.

I like my internet to be reliable. I don't want to sit down to watch a game and have the weather keep the dish from working.

TW has been down twice in the 7 years I've had them. I'm happy.

Fish
07-23-2007, 02:15 PM
You answered your own question.... TW is probably the safest bet for cable/internet/IP Phone. Their internet connection is pretty fast. TW is all cable broadband though, not DSL.

Everest isn't bad either, but their customer service consists of 2 drunk foreign guys locked in a closet.

The other option would be DTV/Dish + broadband from TW or DSL from AT&T.

Sure-Oz
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
So would going TW cable for internet and cable (including HD channels) be the best bet? Or would getting yahoo dsl and getting a satellite be cheaper? Id think getting one package for both would be cheaper, but i dont know how many channels of HD TW would have vs satellite.

Fish
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
So would going TW cable for internet and cable (including HD channels) be the best bet? Or would getting yahoo dsl and getting a satellite be cheaper? Id think getting one package for both would be cheaper, but i dont know how many channels of HD TW would have vs satellite.

It's so damn customizable these days, it's really hard to say without knowing what channel packages you want. Not to mention whatever special deal you'll get for joining right now...

If I had to guess, I'd say TW all-in-one would be cheaper. But I'm sure you could configure your satellite to about the same price more or less...

Here's TW - KC's HD lineup... http://www.timewarnercable.com/kansascity/programming/hdtv/programming.html

Sure-Oz
07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
It's so damn customizable these days, it's really hard to say without knowing what channel packages you want. Not to mention whatever special deal you'll get for joining right now...

If I had to guess, I'd say TW all-in-one would be cheaper. But I'm sure you could configure your satellite to about the same price more or less...

Here's TW - KC's HD lineup... http://www.timewarnercable.com/kansascity/programming/hdtv/programming.html
appreciate it. may have to check with that and a satellite and tell each other that i may go with the other and see if they give me some sort of discount or deal.