PDA

View Full Version : Welcome KC Star Refugees...

Luzap
04-28-2001, 11:27 AM
I want to offer the hand of friendship and welcome.

You have my condolences on the passing of the Star BB.

Feel free to make your home here, and take advantage of this thread to introduce yourself to the group.

Luz
pull up a chair and stay awhile...

TheFly
04-28-2001, 12:57 PM
I have to say the Star BB was true to form... A brief announcement and BOOM!, no more BB... Reminds me of old times!

;)

Hank
04-28-2001, 01:15 PM
Just another Star-Gate 2001 refugee slipping in quietly onto the Planet.......

Hank~

Luzap
04-28-2001, 11:04 PM
Welcome Hank!

I think you'll find that most here will enjoy hearing your opinions (and then, of course, telling you where you went astray).

But don't let that stop you!

Luz
join in the fun...

Rausch
04-29-2001, 01:00 AM
Thanks Luzap....

I'm sorry to see the old board go, but it's also nice to see at least a few in here willing to welcome the devoted and more evolved of the other board. I wish it could have been handled better, and our reception a little more warm. But hey, it only puts the burden on us to prove our worth and wisdom! :-)

alanm
04-29-2001, 06:48 AM
Brad, I came over here because of the censorship flap that happened last August and stayed rarely venturing back to the star bb. Kyle and the rest have done an outstanding job with this bb since it's startup. Outside of the trouble Kyle had with his server a couple of weeks ago when the Planet was down it's been interuption free posting. We welcome any and all refugees from the Star. And yes even the Queen herself. :D

Alphaman
04-29-2001, 08:59 AM
Thanks Luzap for the welcome. Glad to be here. How's the Bodywise business going.

dc

Hank
04-29-2001, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome Luz!

I know all about going astray... I've done mock drafts with Gaz before. :)

Hank ~

chief52
04-29-2001, 06:11 PM
Hank;

Did Theisman really say that? Do you know what the circumstances were...he was kidding, right? :)

Hank
04-29-2001, 08:45 PM
I think it's attributed to him back in 98 and as much as Joe speaks it's probably true, although I'm not sure of the circumstances. He's also noted for saying:

"NOW, you've almost got to get it in the end zone to end up with a touchdown!" - Joe Theisman during a Saints/49ers game

Another one that I've always thought was funny.....

Oiler coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all road trips. "Because she is too damn ugly to kiss good-bye."

Hank~
:)

chief52
04-29-2001, 09:10 PM
One of my favorites lines is the one you see on ESPN by Bobby Bowden which goes something like this..." I sure wish my wife could be here, she was all packed up and ready to go...but you can not remember everything."

Go Chiefs.

KCPHILLY
05-10-2001, 11:10 PM
I don't consider myself a KC star refugee. I did register there about 1 1/2 years ago but I don't remember if I ever posted there. I've been reading this sight for a few months but don't usually have much time to post often. I do recognize some names [jl , hc, royce] from some other boards that have recently "gone away" so it looks like this is the place to be.... Looking forward to an interesting and exciting year of Chiefs football.

keg in kc
05-11-2001, 12:03 AM
Welcome aboard KCPhilly.

KCPHILLY
05-11-2001, 12:19 AM
Thanks KEG, As I said before, I think this is going to be an exciting year at 1 Arrowhead dr. and I'm really looking forward to it.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-11-2001, 12:22 AM
You better believe its going to be exciting! I get chills everytime I think about this season coming up!

CG

never die Chiefs fan...and season-round Chiefs fan

KCPHILLY
05-11-2001, 12:38 AM
I am 100% "there".