PDA

View Full Version : A vaction of a life time....

tommykat
07-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Not sure how to do a poll............

If you took a vacation of your lifetime would it be Egypt or a Africian
Safari ? I want just one trip with what my Mom left me and go to a place so unbelivable that I can thank my parents for........This are to places that I am thinking about....

Someone make a poll..........Input would be cool..

Just serious replies please!

Thanks, TK

Eleazar
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Well, if I inherited a bunch of money, I would probably take care of some business first. Student loans, etc. I'll spend like I'm well off once I actually am.

But if I were going on a vacation by myself just to explore someplace, I think I might just ride trains around Europe. See everything I could see in a week or whatever.

Hammock Parties
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Egypt, easily. I want to see the Pyramids. Inside 'em.

noa
07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I would go with an African safari.

My trip to Africa was the greatest experience of my life. Encountering cultures and worldviews so different from our own really gives you a sense of perspective on what really matters in life.
Having said that, Egypt would be amazing and also life-changing. You can't really go wrong with these options.

UteChief
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
My buddies mom lives in Africa. He has asked me to go with him a few times but we haven't made it work. I think it's something I definitely need to do.

OnTheWarpath15
07-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Well, if I inherited a bunch of money, I would probably take care of some business first. Student loans, etc. I'll spend like I'm well off once I actually am.

But if I were going on a vacation by myself just to explore someplace, I think I might just ride trains around Europe. See everything I could see in a week or whatever.

Me too.

Never been to Europe.

But the wife has, so maybe somewhere else. New Zealand? Australia? Fiji? Bora Bora?

Nothing against Egypt or a safari, but not our cup 'o tea.....

MIAdragon
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Just spent 3 weeks in Australia, had a blast!! But there 1000's of places to go, Machu picchu is a dream of mine.

Bugeater
07-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I've never been anywhere east of Peoria, Ill...so...somewhere east of Peoria, Ill.

tommykat
07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
I would go with an African safari.

My trip to Africa was the greatest experience of my life. Encountering cultures and worldviews so different from our own really gives you a sense of perspective on what really matters in life.
Having said that, Egypt would be amazing and also life-changing. You can't really go wrong with these options.

Been to Africa? Would you smoke me and tell me about that? Egypt is second and would like to know about both....A safari is a dream come true........the other is also...

Bwana
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Hmmm? I've been over to Europe and an African Safari would be cool, but I love to fish. I would imagine mine would involve something to do with a lot of big game fishing, beer drinking and hell raising.

Hammock Parties
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
My father is going to Africa to kill things in a few months.

He posts here.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve

Frazod
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Swiss/Austrian Alps
Alaska
Japan
Nepal
Australia

MIAdragon
07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Work out then climb Everest

KCwolf
07-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Discovery HD had an incredible show on New Zealand and it looked like a freakin paradise...made me wanna go I know that.

KCChiefsMan
07-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I've always wanted to go to Ibiza, Spain. If you're into the club scene that would be pretty sweet!

Phobia
07-23-2007, 09:27 PM
I would get bigger boobies.

cdcox
07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I would get bigger boobies.

They look fine in the hot tub video. May want to lay off the tomatos though.

Joe Seahawk
07-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Cook Islands..

I've always wanted to go there and someday I will..

http://www.south-seas-adventures.com/cook-islands-resorts/images/Cook-Islands-Rarotonga-Beach-Bungalows-Aerial.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2007, 10:56 PM
My father is going to Africa to kill things in a few months.

He posts here.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve

Your dad uses teh intraweb? Isn't he JW?

07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Austrailian.

In answer to your question though....

Egypt.

greg63
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Not sure how to do a poll............

If you took a vacation of your lifetime would it be Egypt or a Africian
Safari ? I want just one trip with what my Mom left me and go to a place so unbelivable that I can thank my parents for........This are to places that I am thinking about....

Someone make a poll..........Input would be cool..

Just serious replies please!

Thanks, TK

I know my world geography isn't that great but Egypt is in Africa; isn't it? :shrug:

Ummmmmmm; gotta go with Egypt; I'm fascinated with the pyramids.

Mr Luzcious
07-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Definitely Egypt.

TinyEvel
07-23-2007, 11:11 PM
We went to Italy in 1998, and just bought a snap n shoot camera (Yashica T-4...Zeiss lens). It took the most amazing friggen pics EVAH!
But, it has never taken pics like that since. Like, the LIGHT is different in Europe. Im serious. Just EPIC pics.

Tho, right now, I'm in Orcas Island in the Peugeot sound. Not too shabby. Will post some pics, going to Boise ID after this, for the Basque festival (people of the Pyranese Mts in france/Spain) the wife's family are all Basque. A bunch of partiers. Gonna be four days of Lamb, beef, cheese and wine. not too shabby. :toast:

Joe Seahawk
07-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Tho, right now, I'm in Orcas Island in the Peugeot sound. Not too shabby. Will post some pics, going to Boise ID after this, for the Basque festival (people of the Pyranese Mts in france/Spain) the wife's family are all Basque. A bunch of partiers. Gonna be four days of Lamb, beef, cheese and wine. not too shabby. :toast:

The weather is supposed to be better tomorrow thru Sunday, My Bro and I are headed up to the San Juans this weekend to do a little golfing and catch some salmon hopefully.. (Friday Harbor)

I hope you enjoyed Orcas.

BTW it's Puget Sound.. ;)

TinyEvel
07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
LOL I figured I misspelled it. Tho, the Full Sail ale is a-flowin......

Good luck fishing! YOu live in God's Country brah!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2007, 11:30 PM
LOL I figured I misspelled it. Tho, the Full Sail ale is a-flowin......

Good luck fishing! YOu live in God's Country brah!

Dude. Get a bottle or 12 of Alaskan Amber while you're in the region. You can rep me later. ;)

Troy1220
07-24-2007, 02:00 AM
I've been to Africa 6 times in the last 3 years. African safaris are pretty cool. There are a couple of nice game parks in Kenya. The last one I stayed at let you sleep in the reserve in a pimped out tent. The night sounds are pretty cool. You may not sleep well though. I've gone fishing for the Nile perch in Lake Victoria in East Africa..come of those perch weigh up to 70 kilos. In October, I'm flying to Rwanda to see the gorillas up in the mountains and then driving down to Eastern Congo to see a volcano. Any questions on Africa...I'm your guy.

Troy

luv
07-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Ireland.

I want to see the Emerald Isle. I want to kiss the Blarney Stone. I want to go to a real pub and order a pint.

Ireland.

kcxiv
07-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Pyramids in Egypt. I just heard that the locals will try to scavenge you though.

Few years ago, my mom went to central America to see the Pryamids n what not down there. I wanted to go :( lol

phobia's skidmark
07-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Master, I would have liked to live my days out in the toilet, then the sewer alas I will go to the washing machine soon.

Rain Man
07-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Oh! Oh! Dibs on the poll! I get to do the poll!

After she gets some more suggestions, I'll put it up. I've got an evening meeting tonight, so it might be tomorrow by the time I get it done.

Duck Dog
07-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Anywhere the predominate religion is not Islam. Go to Europe, oh wait, never mind that won't work.

Braincase
07-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Montreal, Canada... with all the french signs and everybody speaking french, it's like being in another country.

KC Jones
07-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Trips I've always wanted to make:

Ecuador - visit the Galapagos and see some of the Incan ruins. Maybe skip over to Peru and see machu picchu.

Syria to see Petra

India - too many places I'd want to see over there.

New Zealand - looks gorgeous

HemiEd
07-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Alaska is going to be my next major trip. I want to go fishing up there, someplace totally off of the beaten path.

Felch83
07-24-2007, 07:48 AM
It would definitely have to be Japan. I have always wanted to go there and it would be great to get with a bunch of japanese chicks. :)

Another would be Amsterdam...you can guess why I would want to go there. :p :)

CanadianChief
07-24-2007, 08:16 AM
My vote goes to Bora Bora. I want to stay in one of those huts over top the water. Then I can dive in when I'm drunk and kick the shit out of a sting ray.

CanadianChief
07-24-2007, 08:18 AM
snorkelling would be amazing.

Bwana
07-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Alaska is going to be my next major trip. I want to go fishing up there, someplace totally off of the beaten path.

Be sure to contact me before you go Ed. I'll be happy to hook you up with some top notch captains and guides.

ChiefsOne
07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
I know people that have traveled the world and they all say that New Zealand is the most beautiful.

Out of your choices, I have always wanted to see the Pyramids, but the safari would probably be more memorable.

If I had the money Greece would be my first stop. Then travel Europe.

If you are only going to have one opportunity I would see the most for my money, which would probably be Europe.

JazzzLovr
07-24-2007, 09:07 AM
I would imagine mine would involve something to do with a lot of big game fishing, beer drinking and hell raising.

That's funny. When I go on vacations, I usually try to do something outside of my normal everyday routine... ;)

Brock
07-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't know how much money you're talking about, but if it were me, I'd hang on to it.

Bwana
07-24-2007, 09:28 AM
That's funny. When I go on vacations, I usually try to do something outside of my normal everyday routine... ;)
Heh! Indeed I do fish around this place, but the "Hawgs" that I like to catch every now and then don't lurk in the Yellowstone river. :D

Oh and as far as the hell raising and beer drinking, what exactly are you trying to say? :hmmm:

o:-)

cdcox
07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
If you are only going to have one opportunity I would see the most for my money, which would probably be Europe.

Yep. Once you get over there, you can reach almost any sight via train. Tons to see--we spent about 10 days in Italy alone and even then we cut out one of our destinations. I don't know how many days you have, but I would spend about 3 nights in each major city that appeals to you.

Rome
Venice
London
Athens
Paris
Madrid
Barcelona
Berlin
Zurich

Do your research before you go so you know what you want to see.

Fish
07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Keep f'n doubting South America....

HemiEd
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Be sure to contact me before you go Ed. I'll be happy to hook you up with some top notch captains and guides.

Wow, that is great Greg. I will! :thumb:

Planetman
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
All the old paintings on the tombs
They do the sand dance don't you know
If they move too quick (oh whey oh)
They're falling down like a domino
http://www.animationplayhouse.com/aabellydancer.gif
All the bazaar men by the Nile
They got the money on a bet
Gold crocodiles (oh whey oh)
They snap their teeth on your cigarette
Foreign types with the hookah pipes say
Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh
Walk like an Egyptian

Wile_E_Coyote
07-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Amazon

Redrum_69
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Ireland.

I want to see the Emerald Isle. I want to kiss the Blarney Stone. I want to go to a real pub and order a pint.

Ireland.

The Blarney Stone is a block of bluestone built into the battlements of Blarney Castle, Blarney about 8 km from Cork, Ireland. According to legend, kissing the stone endows the kisser with the gift of gab (great eloquence or skill at flattery). The stone was set into a tower of the castle in 1446. The castle is a popular tourist site in Ireland, attracting visitors from all over the world to kiss the Stone and tour the castle and its charming gardens.

The word blarney has come to mean clever, flattering, or coaxing talk.

The stone, which is believed by some to be half of the original Stone of Scone, was presented to Cormac McCarthy by Robert the Bruce in 1314 in recognition of his support in the Battle of Bannockburn.

The proprietors of Blarney Castle list several alternative explanations for the origins of the Stone and its supposed powers, all of which suppose that the Stone had previously been in Ireland but was then taken to Scotland and returned to Ireland in 1314.[1] The stories they list include:

the Stone was the stone that Jacob used as a pillow, and was brought to Ireland by the prophet Jeremiah
the Stone was the pillow used by St. Columba of Iona on his deathbed
the Stone was the Stone of Ezel, which David hid behind on Jonathan's advice, while fleeing from King Saul, and may have been brought back to Ireland during the Crusades
the Stone was the rock that Moses struck with his staff to produce water for the Israelites, during their flight from Egypt
in Ireland, the Stone was known as the Lia Fáil or "Stone of Destiny", part of the king's throne, with mysterious powers
the stone's powers were revealed to the McCarthys by a witch who had been saved from drowning
Queen Elizabeth I wanted Irish chiefs to agree to occupy their own lands under title from her. Cormac Teige McCarthy, the Lord of Blarney, handled every Royal request with subtle diplomacy, promising loyalty to the Queen without "giving in". Elizabeth proclaimed that McCarthy was giving her "a lot of Blarney", thus giving rise to the legend

Dave Lane
07-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Egypt, easily. I want to see the Pyramids. Inside 'em.

I fully agree the pyramids are awesome. Its amazing how tall they are. You really have no idea till you are standing at the base of them looking up. Super cool plus there are so many other incredible sites to see there. Far better than Greece or Rome. It is a trip of a lifetime...

Dave

luv
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
The Blarney Stone is a block of bluestone built into the battlements of Blarney Castle, Blarney about 8 km from Cork, Ireland. According to legend, kissing the stone endows the kisser with the gift of gab (great eloquence or skill at flattery). The stone was set into a tower of the castle in 1446. The castle is a popular tourist site in Ireland, attracting visitors from all over the world to kiss the Stone and tour the castle and its charming gardens.

The word blarney has come to mean clever, flattering, or coaxing talk.

I always have so much going on in my head, but I can never get the idea put into words in an effective way. That, plus, I've heard they hang you out a window, and you kiss it while hanging upside down. How cool would that be?

I actually looked up some vacation packages to Ireland. I found one I really liked. It's a guided tour, and you travel to several places in Ireland, stay at a few castles, etc.

http://www.cietours.com/affiliate/cietours/summary.rvlx?tourID=1061

Someday. *sigh*

Dartgod
07-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Be sure to contact me before you go Ed. I'll be happy to hook you up with some top notch captains and guides.I remember you talking about this before. What was the name of the place? I also remember a certain picture that had allegedly been "doctored". I can't find it in a search though.

:banghead:

tommykat
07-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I fully agree the pyramids are awesome. Its amazing how tall they are. You really have no idea till you are standing at the base of them looking up. Super cool plus there are so many other incredible sites to see there. Far better than Greece or Rome. It is a trip of a lifetime...

Dave

Did you go alone or with a group? Looking into singles groups to go with. Can't decide between this or a safari...